Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Note: All classes with the exception of the Mustalahul Hadeeth and the Tafseer Class will stop until after Eid Al-Adh'haa, and will resume on Monday 6th October 2014.

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Syria crisis: "until the Romans land at al-A’maq or in Dabiq"(Hadith in Sahih Muslim)

Narrated Abu Hurayrah: Allah’s Apostle (peace be upon him) said: The Last Hour will not come until the Romans land at al-A’maq or in Dabiq [north of Aleppo (a city in northen syria).] An army consisting of the best (soldiers) of the people on Earth at that time will come from Medina (to oppose them). When they arrange themselves in ranks, the Romans will say: Do not stand between us and those (Muslims) who took prisoners from among us. Let us fight them. The Muslims will say: Nay, by Allah, we shall never turn aside from you and from our brethren so that you may fight them.
    They will then fight and a third (part) of the army, whom Allah will never forgive, will run away. A third (part of the army), which will be constituted of excellent martyrs in Allah’s eyes, would be killed. The third who will never be put on trial will win and they will be the conquerors of Constantinople. (and/or Rome)
    As they are busy in distributing the spoils of war (amongst themselves) after hanging their swords by the olive trees, Satan will cry: The Dajjal has taken your place among your families. They will then come out, but it will be of no avail. When they reach Syria, he will come out while they are still preparing themselves for battle, drawing up the ranks. Certainly, the time of prayer will come and then ‘Eessa (peace be upon him), son of Maryam, descends and will lead them in prayer. When the enemy of Allah sees him, it will (disappear) just as salt dissolves in water and if he (‘Eessa) were not to confront them at all, even then it would dissolve completely. Allah would kill them by his hand and he would show them their blood on his lance.
    (Muslim Book No: 40 No: 6924)

Syria crisis: Turkey tells UN it may need refugee help

Turkey has warned the UN it may need help if the flow of refugees from Syria continues at its current rate.

After speaking to the UN secretary general, Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu said the refugee issue was becoming an "international problem".

Some 2,800 Syrians have crossed in 36 hours, with the total now near 24,000.

Troops and rebels were engaged in heavy fighting across Syria on Friday, just six days before the UN hopes a full ceasefire will come into effect.

The UN estimates more than 9,000 people have died in the year-long uprising against the rule of President Bashar al-Assad.

Rate 'doubles'
    Mr Davutoglu said he had spoken to UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon early on Friday to express concern about the rate of refugees.

Continue reading the main story
    Annan's six-point peace plan

1. Syrian-led political process to address the aspirations and concerns of the Syrian people

2. UN-supervised cessation of armed violence in all its forms by all parties to protect civilians

3. All parties to ensure provision of humanitarian assistance to all areas affected by the fighting, and implement a daily two-hour humanitarian pause

4. Authorities to intensify the pace and scale of release of arbitrarily detained persons

5. Authorities to ensure freedom of movement throughout the country for journalists

6. Authorities to respect freedom of association and the right to demonstrate peacefully

In later televised remarks, Mr Davutoglu said: "We have spared no efforts to accommodate Syrians fleeing the violence back home, but if they continue to arrive at this rate, we will need the UN and international community to step in."

The UN and Arab League envoy Kofi Annan has set out a six-point peace plan that Syria has accepted, part of which envisages a UN-supervised cessation of armed violence by all parties from 10 April, with a full ceasefire on 12 April.

However, the US and many regional countries have expressed scepticism that Syria is committed to the plan.

Mr Davutoglu said the rate of refugees had doubled since Mr Assad agreed to implementing Mr Annan's plan.

"Those who are giving [Mr Assad] time should also know that the number of fleeing Syrians is increasing and this is turning into an international problem," Mr Davutoglu said.

There appears to be no halt in the violence in Syria.

On Friday, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights and Local Coordination Committees groups monitored reports from many parts of the country, including:

Shelling, including tank fire, in Douma, near Damascus. Shelling in Zabadani, north-west of the capital
    Rebel fighters confront tanks trying to enter Rastan, north of Homs
    Protests after Friday prayers in the eastern province of Hasakeh, in the town of Qamishli in the northern Kurdish region and in the eastern city of Deir Ezzor. Snipers on roofs in Damascus and Hama
    Heavy fighting in central Homs province - in the villages of al-Tiba, al-Qabu and Shniyeh
    Fighting between soldiers and army deserters in Dmeir, 40km (25 miles) north of Damascus
    International media cannot report freely in Syria and it is impossible to verify reports of violence.

The Syrian government says 2,000 security personnel have been killed in the uprising and blames the violence on "armed gangs" and "terrorists".

Ceasefire timetable

10 April: Government must withdraw troops and heavy weapons such as tanks from towns, cities and villages
    Following 48 hours: Ceasefire to be implemented on the ground with the onus on the opposition to follow the government's lead
    06:00 local time on 12 April: All forms of violence must be stopped on all sides
    Next step: All parties to hold talks on a political solution
    The BBC's Jim Muir in Beirut says that in Homs - much of which is a real battlefield - and some other areas, especially Idlib province, the approach of the deadline to halt all violence seems to have brought an escalation rather than a reduction.

He says activists are accusing the government of trying to complete its crackdown come what may; but government officials say it is the rebel fighters who are exploiting the impending withdrawal of the military from towns and cities.

Syria's official Sana news agency said on Friday that Damascus had sent a message to the UN saying that "terrorist acts committed by the armed terrorist groups in Syria have increased during the last few days" and demanding a written commitment that the opposition would not try to make territorial gains.

A UN team is currently in Damascus to negotiate the possibility of deploying UN monitors to oversee any ceasefire.

Mr Annan has said that if the truce is successful a small mobile UN monitoring mission of some 200-250 observers could be brought into Syria.

Mr Annan is also expected to travel to Iran on 11 April, the day after the partial ceasefire is due, to try to win further regional support for his peace plan.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-17638385

What do you guys think about the developments comparing it with the hadith ? Say if UN troops are deployed, wouldn't it validate that part of the hadith ? Exactly the same region & the mention of Romans (UN, The West)!
    Last edited by blackarmour; 06-04-12 at 02:44 PM.

Account Disabled

Re: Syria crisis: Turkey tells UN it may need refugee help & the Hadith in Sahih Musl

Quote Originally Posted by -Shamil- View Post
    i dont care about bbc and sky news - tho there are some western orgs that are known for their neutrality such as humans right watch who are trustworthy - they condemn the murders that israel does as strongly as the ones that assad carries out

anyway, the main source of news is the people themselves and not news agencies

until you stop supporting a dirty little ratfaced murderer, your gonna carry on being abused most likely

no-one likes spokesmen for rapists and murderers on this forum
    BRO , you do care as most of you Syrian threads start and only have a BBC source !

And that's the point ! You get the story from the people them selves !

Not from one exiled Syrian sitting in his attick in coventry ? Or they do say he has now moved too LONDON !

I'm not supporting any one ! I'm telling YOU what you hear on the news is filled with bias!

And if I were a spokesman for the regime I would have at least quoted the offical death figures given by the regime , of I were a spokesman for Assad i would have linked some of my stories too a official Syrian news broadcast ( some of which are in English )

But the fact is I have NOT ! However you have done all those things for the BBC ! So at best your misguided and being used by them ! Or 2 which is working for them !
    You seen truth will always prevail over false hood .

Any way I dont think you can see the wood in the trees !!! As this is my. 3rd time too explain too you !
    But you can't accept the answer ! You deffo can't rebuttle me ! So you end up violently apposeing me with Abuse!
    Last edited by truthlogic; 02-07-12 at 01:47 AM.

Account Disabled

Re: Syria crisis: Turkey tells UN it may need refugee help & the Hadith in Sahih Musl

Quote Originally Posted by truthlogic View Post
    BRO , you do care as most of you Syrian threads start and only have a BBC source !

And that's the point ! You get the story from the people them selves !

Not from one exiled Syrian sitting in his attick in coventry ? Or they do say he has now moved too LONDON !

I'm not supporting any one ! I'm telling YOU what you hear on the news is filled with bias!

And if I were a spokesman for the regime I would have at least quoted the offical death figures given by the regime , of I were a spokesman for Assad i would have linked some of my stories too a official Syrian news broadcast ( some of which are in English )

But the fact is I have NOT ! However you have done all those things for the BBC ! So at best your misguided and being used by them ! Or 2 which is working for them !
    You seen truth will always prevail over false hood .

Any way I dont think you can see the wood in the trees !!! As this is my. 3rd time too explain too you !
    But you can't accept the answer ! You deffo can't rebuttle me ! So you end up violently apposeing me with Abuse!
    You are a dirty shia who supports the rape and murder of Muslims in Syria. I'm surprised the Mods keep letting you post your pro-rape pro-murder propaganda. May you get what you deserve and may the Shias and Alawis burn in the lowest depths of Hell.

Guys your arguing may be about Syria, it doesn't have anything to do with the topic of the thread which is to compare the first part of the hadith posted with the latest developments taking place in the region mentioned as forces are being deployed near it.

So please kindly try and stick to the topic & leave shia sunni alawi bashar bickering for another thread and you may start a new one may you wish to.
    "Woe be to the ignorant person once for not learning. Woe be to the scholar a thousand times for not practicing." - Al-Ghazali

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Warrior View Post
    You are a dirty shia who supports the rape and murder of Muslims in Syria. I'm surprised the Mods keep letting you post your pro-rape pro-murder propaganda. May you get what you deserve and may the Shias and Alawis burn in the lowest depths of Hell.
    Dude donot feed that troll truthlogic as he is only trying to derail every thread on syria and shias .
    Where there are no Ulemah(Scholars) there are many Muftis.

I
    deal System of Living for All Mankind .

Account Disabled

O good this user name is back !

Please do NOT get abusive !

Please answear the question !

You said the Shia are planning !

I replied -

I think the people planning are those who used muslims in thier army when they conquered jeruselum around 90 years ago !

I think the people planning are those who have managed too build KFC at the Door step of masjid Harram

I Think the people who are really planning are those who have controlled Muslim nations for decades !

THAT'S who is planning !

I wonder why you fail each time too understand that fact ??
    "

Now tell me dark warrior ! Who is planning against Allah ?

Account Disabled

Shamili was acting like a troll
    Refusing to accept the answear and going around in circles !

I have also proven him wrong !

As it's a fact I am NOT a Assad supporter or a spokesman for him !

As if I were I would have at least used the offical death figures or used the sanna Syrian news agency as posting references !

BUT THE FACT IS I HAVE NOT

HENCE WHY SHAMILI COUPD MOT ANSWEAR BABK !

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Curim View Post
    Dude donot feed that troll truthlogic as he is only trying to derail every thread on syria and shias .
    I suggest you read back !

It's not me who is derailing anything !

My first post was directed at dark warrior !
    Then shamili jumped in and gave his 50 cents worth of talk !

Both who have ignored my question directed at them !
    And who's accusations against me have been proven incorrect !

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by blackarmour View Post
    Guys your arguing may be about Syria, it doesn't have anything to do with the topic of the thread which is to compare the first part of the hadith posted with the latest developments taking place in the region mentioned as forces are being deployed near it.

So please kindly try and stick to the topic & leave shia sunni alawi bashar bickering for another thread and you may start a new one may you wish to.
    Well if you not notice they have hurled abuse at me in nearly every lost. As they are MODs trying to push a aged across !

Yes the kaffirswill land on Syria soil ! Jthey may already be there !
    Just like Libya they sent thier own white skinned killers on Libyan soil !

It's quite obvious the muslims are NIT too make alliance with the same group who launched the crusades !

I have heard before that the kaffir invasion of Syria will bring in prophet ISA !

Quote Originally Posted by truthlogic View Post
    Shamili was acting like a troll
    Refusing to accept the answear and going around in circles !

I have also proven him wrong !

As it's a fact I am NOT a Assad supporter or a spokesman for him !

As if I were I would have at least used the offical death figures or used the sanna Syrian news agency as posting references !

BUT THE FACT IS I HAVE NOT

HENCE WHY SHAMILI COUPD MOT ANSWEAR BABK !
    Why do the Mod's allow this troll back into ummah forum ?

He has at least 3 alias to post even when his "truthlogic" account was banned, if any other member used 3
    aliases they would be banned permanently.

Ramadhan is approaching and Shaytaan is supposed to be locked up, do the forum a favor and send this troll back to
    Shia chat.com

Over 14,000 Muslims have died in the Syria uprising and this son of muta is allowed to come on here and abuse
    them and question their deaths, even the Jews have laws against speaking about their dead in the holocaust... what about
    our brethren in Syria who are being holocausted as this troll tries to convince us it is not happening /??????
    "And remind, for indeed, the reminder benefits the believers"(51:55)

The Snake and Malik ibn Dinar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOfrNtDw5Yc

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by yassin' View Post

He has at least 3 alias to post even when his "truthlogic" account was banned, if any other member used 3

Ramadhan is approaching and Shaytaan is supposed to be locked up, do the forum a favor and send this troll back to
    Shia chat.com

Over 14,000 Muslims have died in the Syria uprising and this son of muta is allowed to come on here and abuse
    them and question their deaths, even the Jews have laws against speaking about their dead in the holocaust... what about
    our brethren in Syria who are being holocausted as this troll tries to convince us it is not happening /??????
    The Mods give truthlogic the shia troll special treatment. He is allowed to mock those who have been killed in Syria. He is allowed to create multiple usernames and make outrageous claims. Why is that?

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by yassin' View Post

Shia chat.com

I don't have more than one account !

Don't be paranoid !

Fact - I have proven that I am not a Assad supporter ! Look at the above post !

Fact ; I have proven that the BBC and UN get their figures from one man and his so called syrian observatory of human rights !

If you can't refute that
    I suggest you stop name calling

As clearly that is NOT the Islamic way of debating !

( by the way do you admire how the Jews must implement jail term and fines for any own disagreeing with thier version of the TRUTH ?)
    Last edited by truthlogic; 03-07-12 at 12:45 AM.

Account Disabled

The Mods give truthlogic the shia troll special treatment. He is allowed to mock those who have been killed in Syria. He is allowed to create multiple usernames and make outrageous claims. Why is that?
    If I get special treatment
    How comes you lot get too hurl non stop abuse at me and not get any infractions?

If I were too call you any of those names I would be banned !

So stop being a liar !

And explain your self
    Or refute what I say

I hope it's not time for Dajjal yet man... no way I can survive that fitnah, when I barely get by these days.
    "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by Muslim First View Post
    I hope it's not time for Dajjal yet man... no way I can survive that fitnah, when I barely get by these days.

Bro I truley belive the dajjal system is already here !

The one eye symbol of the satanists is every were !

And of coarse we at this very moment can see massive Fitna

Muslims killing Muslims
    Muslim lands invaded
    Muslims too busy with thier playstation
    Etc etc etc

Fighting in Aleppo intensifies (& read the first part of the hadith)

It's all happening & events prophesied are unfolding right infront of our eyes ... The testing time for us is drawing near.

Syrian military and fighters clash in Aleppo
    Violence reported in several towns as rebels battle to take control of border crossings into neighbouring counties.

Violence is raging in several locations across Syria, with activists reporting some of the heaviest clashes to date in the country's commercial capital of Aleppo.

Government forces and rebels were reportedly clashing for a second day in the city's Salaheddine district on Saturday.

Aleppo-based activist Mohammad Saeed said dozens of rebels from the Free Syrian Army were in the city.

"The uprising has finally reached Aleppo," Saeed said.

Until recently, Aleppo was largely shielded from the violence that has plagued other Syrian cities over the course of the uprising against President Bashar Assad.

The clashes appeared to be spreading by early Saturday afternoon, according to the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.

"Violent clashes are taking place between Syrian regime forces and rebel fighters in the Sakhour neighbourhood and the Haydariya area," the UK-based group said.

The Local Co-ordination Committees activist network and the Observatory said Friday's fighting forced many residents to flee to safer areas.

The Observatory also reported heavy clashes at the entrance of al-Rastan, a rebel stronghold in Homs province, saying troops were trying to enter the town.

Meanwhile, UN chief Ban Ki-moon said on Saturday that an envoy will be dispatched to Syria to assess the situation as violence increases in the embattled country, and says Assad's government must stop "the killing and the use of heavy weapons" against population centres.

Tense calm in Damascus

Meanwhile, a tense calm prevailed in the capital, Damascus, after six days of intense fighting.

The army deployed tanks on Friday to push rebels out of al-Midan neighbourhood, where fighting left cars gutted and fighters' bodies in the streets.

Al Jazeer'a Rula Amin, reporting from Beirut, Lebanon, said that the fighters seemed to have been "pushed out" of the capital.

"For example, in al-Midan, they are no longer in control, and the neighbourhood is no longer off limits to the government forces," said Amin.

"What we are seeing is the government pushing in each neighbourhood it thinks the rebels are [present]."

Battles involving troops bringing in tanks, helicopters and mortars have turned parts of Damascus into combat zones, and sent thousands of Syrian families packed in cars streaming across the border into neighbouring Lebanon.

More than 200 people were killed across the country in a single day on Friday, activists said.

In-depth coverage of escalating violence across Syria
    Despite being forced out of al-Midan, the armed opposition appear to have gained momentum across the country in recent days.

Four senior officials were killed after bomb went off during a high-level security meeting in Damascus on Wednesday, according to government media.

Rebels have also managed to seize border checkpoints in recent days.

Fighters have held the Abu Kamal crossing between Syria and Iraq since Thursday, and despite government forces having heavily shelled it on Friday night, it remained in rebel hands on Saturday.

Sources also tell Al Jazeera that the the crossing at Rabia was under the control of the opposition as of Saturday evening, with celebratory gunshots being heard from rooftops in the area.

Separate control points

In addition, the Free Syrian Army (FSA) has taken control of the Bab al-Hawa crossing on the border with Turkey.

Al Jazeera's Andrew Simmons, reporting from Cilvegozu on the Turkish side of the frontier, said the FSA had established a proper checkpoint, controlling any traffic coming through.

"The Free Syrian Army is in control of the first part of the main road into Syria but the regular Syrian army has some sort of base a few kilometres down the road," he said. "We spoke to Syrian who've been fleeing. They say they passed through two separate control points, one manned by the regular army and one by the FSA."

Simmons said traffic was being restricted on the Turkish side, with truckers being warned that they were crossing the border at their own risk and that they may not be able to return back to Turkey.

Cengiz Aktar, a political analyst in Istanbul, told Al Jazeera that traffic between the two countries had virtually stopped already before the rebels launched attacks on border crossing. The border, said Simmons, is not officially closed, but that officials were "discouraging everyone" from crossing. He added that Turks are being turned away from the border, although some Syrian refugees had made it across.

"The Turkish trade with Syria came near to nothing in the past two-three months," he said. "The heavy trucks which are still trying to cross the border are taking huge risks because there's total chaos at the crossing points. Recently many trucks have been burned down.

"Turkey's main concern is that is that the roads are still open for refugees to enter Turkey."

http://www.aljazeera.com/news/middle...841680940.html

Syria crisis: Heavy clashes in second city of Aleppo

There have been heavy clashes between security forces and rebels in Syria's second city of Aleppo, activists say.

The fighting was centred on the Salah al-Din district, but had also spread to Sakhur and Haydariya, the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights reported.

Aleppo has so far been spared the daily bloodshed seen in other cities since the uprising began in March 2011.

The violence came a day after the UN Security Council voted to extend the UN observer mission for a "final" 30 days.

A resolution stated that after that period the monitors would leave if they were unable to carry out their job of verifying the peace plan brokered by the UN and Arab League's special envoy, Kofi Annan.

Their mandate may be renewed if the use of heavy weapons ends.

The observers' work has been mostly suspended since June because of the escalating violence, which reportedly left more than 300 people dead on Thursday and another 200 on Friday.

On Saturday, UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon urged the Security Council to forge a united way forward and exercise its collective responsibility.

Mr Ban also said he would send his Under-Secretary General for Peacekeeping Operations, Herve Ladsous, to Syria and had asked his top military adviser to take charge of the observer mission.

'Exodus'

Start Quote

The uprising has finally reached Aleppo”

Mohammed Saeed
    Aleppo-based activist
    Activists said the clashes in Aleppo between troops and members of the rebel Free Syrian Army (FSA) began in Salah al-Din on Friday morning. By Friday afternoon, they had spread into Sakhur and Haydariya.

Aleppo-based activist Mohammed Saeed said the fighting continued throughout the night until Saturday morning, most of it in Salah al-Din.

"Last night was very bad," he told the Associated Press. "There were huge explosions and the gunfire didn't stop for several hours."

"The uprising has finally reached Aleppo," he added.

Mr Saeed said dozens of FSA fighters had entered from the countryside. Aleppo is not far from Turkey, where the FSA commanders are based.

The Local Co-ordination Committees, an activist network, said there had been an "exodus" of Salah al-Din residents "because of fear of a regime bombardment and offensive".

The BBC's Jim Muir in Beirut says fighting in Aleppo is ominous for President Bashar al-Assad's government, since the city has so far stayed out of the uprising.

So too had the capital, Damascus, but those days are now over, our correspondent adds.

Government forces hit back hard on Friday, using all their firepower to retake the southern district of Midan, causing massive damage. Sporadic gunfire and explosions were heard by residents of the city throughout the night.

The governor of Damascus has said all resistance will be cleared up within five days, but not far south of Midan, at Yarmouk, video published online by activists appeared to show the local police station overrun by rebels.

On the other side of the city, in the northern suburb of al-Tal, another video purportedly showed the head of the local Political Security Directorate (PSD) branch and all his staff surrendering to FSA fighters.

There was also a violent and prolonged battle in the rebel-held town of Talbasiya, north of the city of Homs in central Syria. Activists said government forces tried to storm the town then bombarded it heavily.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-18937514
    "Woe be to the ignorant person once for not learning. Woe be to the scholar a thousand times for not practicing." - Al-Ghazali

^^Brother I am kinda slow when it comes to these things, can you please dumb it down for me. Can you describe what is happening as if you were to describe it to a non-muslim.

EDIT: Im confused about the people from Medina coming?
    Last edited by CuriousMuslim; 21-07-12 at 07:58 PM.

Syria chemical attack claims prompt calls for action

The UK, France and Turkey are leading calls for a tough international response to an alleged chemical weapons attack in Syria on Wednesday in which activists said hundreds were killed.

The UK is calling for UN weapons inspectors already in Syria to be granted access as a matter of urgency.

French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius said that if proven, the attacks would merit a "reaction of force".

However, there is no sign that the UN team will be allowed to investigate.

The team only has a mandate to visit three sites agreed between the UN and the Syrian government.

"The UK along with 36 other countries has written to the secretary general formally referring this incident to the UN and calling for the UN team to be granted the necessary access to enable their investigation into these latest allegations as a matter of urgency," the British Foreign Office said in a statement.

"We believe a political solution is the best way to end the bloodshed," said the statement, but added that Prime Minister David Cameron and Foreign Secretary William Hague "have said many times we cannot rule out any option ... that might save innocent lives in Syria".

Mr Fabius told the French BFM TV channel that if the attack was confirmed, "it's right at the moment when the inspectors are in place," adding that Syrian President Bashar al-Assad would be mocking the international community.

Mr Fabius did not elaborate on what "force" would mean but did rule out the use of troops to intervene in Syria.

Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu also stressed the need for action.

"All red lines have been crossed but still the UN Security Council has not even been able to take a decision," Mr Davutoglu said.

The UN Security Council met on Wednesday for an emergency session after news of the attacks emerged. UN officials said it was a "serious escalation" and that clarity was needed over the attacks.

UN Deputy Secretary-General Jan Eliasson said any investigation would require the consent of the Syrian government and was dependent on the security situation.

Some 35 member states called for the UN team already in Syria to be dispatched immediately to the scene.

However, correspondents say the investigators are unlikely to be allowed access.

The inspectors arrived in Damascus on Sunday with a mandate to investigate three locations including the northern town of Khan al-Assal, where some 26 people were killed in March.

China and Russia - which have repeatedly backed the Syrian government since the crisis began - blocked a stronger Security Council press statement supported by the 35 states, correspondents report.

The US has expressed its "deep concern" over the latest claims and formally requested the UN to "urgently investigate".

The alleged attack comes a year after US President Barack Obama warned the Syrian government that using chemical weapons would cross a "red line".

But the Russian foreign ministry noted that the reports had emerged just as the UN chemical weapons inspection team had arrived in Syria, saying that "this makes us think that we are once again dealing with a premeditated provocation".

Disturbing footage
    Opposition activists said that more than 1,000 people were killed after government forces launched rockets with toxic agents into the Damascus suburbs in the Ghouta region early on Wednesday.

The BBC has been unable to independently confirm the death toll.

The Syrian government has denied the allegations, describing them as "illogical and fabricated". The Syrian army said the opposition made up the claims to divert attention from the huge losses its forces had suffered recently.

Activists said the attack took place as part of heavy government bombardment in the region surrounding Damascus, with government forces trying to drive out rebel forces. The areas said to have been affected included Irbin, Duma and Muadhamiya.

Footage uploaded to the internet shows dozens of bodies with no visible signs of injuries, including small children, laid out on the floor of a clinic. Other videos show people being treated in makeshift hospitals, with victims, including many children, having convulsions.

While it is not clear how many died in the bombardment of the sites and how many deaths were due to any exposure to toxic substances, experts say it would be almost impossible to fake so many dead and injured including children and babies.

Both the rebels and government forces have accused each other of using chemical weapons throughout the 28-month conflict.

In July 2012, the Syrian government implicitly admitted what had long been suspected - that Syria had stocks of chemical weapons.

Experts believe the country has large undeclared stockpiles of mustard gas and sarin nerve agent.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-23795088

France calls for 'force' over Syria

Syria 'chemical' attack: France says force may be needed

France has said a "reaction with force" could be needed if Syria is proved to have used chemical weapons against its own people.

The comments from Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius come as Syrian activists say hundreds of people were killed in such attacks in Damascus on Wednesday.

The UN has asked Syria to allow UN weapons inspectors already in the country to be allowed to investigate.

There is no sign as yet that Damascus will allow this.

The UN weapons inspectors are staying about 15km (10 miles) from the site of the recent attacks, but only have a mandate to visit three sites previously agreed between the UN and the Syrian government.

UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon believes the attacks "need to be investigated without delay", his spokesman Eduardo del Buey said on Thursday.

Mr Ban was sending his disarmament chief Angela Kane to Damascus to press for an investigation, his spokesman added.

The Syrian government has described the latest allegations as "illogical and fabricated". The Syrian army said opposition forces had made up the claims to divert attention from their recent huge losses.

Heavy shelling has continued in the area on Thursday.

'Red lines crossed'
    Mr Fabius told the French BFM TV channel that if the attack was confirmed, "France's position is that there must be a reaction, a reaction that could take the form of a reaction with force".

He did not elaborate on his comments, but he did rule out the use of troops on the ground in Syria.

US intelligence was urgently gathering information on what had happened, the state department said. If President Bashar al-Assad's government was found to be behind a chemical weapons attack it would be "an outrageous and flagrant escalation", a spokeswoman said.

The British Foreign Office said in a statement that the UK and 36 other countries had formally referred the latest allegations to Mr Ban, and called for inspectors "to be granted the necessary access to enable their investigation into these latest allegations as a matter of urgency"

"We believe a political solution is the best way to end the bloodshed," said the statement, but added that the UK has "said many times we cannot rule out any option... that might save innocent lives in Syria".

Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu also stressed the need for an urgent response, and criticised the lack of UN action.

On Wednesday, the UN Security Council failed to agree on a statement condemning the attack at an emergency meeting.

It was blocked by China and Russia, which have repeatedly backed the Syrian government since the crisis began.

Russia did support calls for an investigation, but did so because it believes the opposition might have carried out the attack on itself, as "premeditated provocation", in an attempt to win the backing of the UN.

The weapons inspectors arrived in Damascus on Sunday with a mandate to investigate three locations including the northern town of Khan al-Assal, where some 26 people were killed in an alleged chemical attack in March.

The US has expressed its "deep concern" and urged the UN to "urgently investigate" the alleged attacks, which came a year after US President Barack Obama warned that the use of chemical weapons would cross a "red line".

Disturbing footage
    Opposition activists said that more than 1,000 people were killed after government forces launched rockets with toxic agents into the Damascus suburbs in the Ghouta region early on Wednesday.

The BBC has been unable to independently confirm the death toll.

Activists said Wednesday's attack took place as part of heavy government bombardment in the region surrounding Damascus, with government forces trying to drive out rebel forces. The areas affected included Irbin, Duma and Muadhamiya.

Video footage shows dozens of bodies with no visible signs of injuries, including small children. Other videos show people being treated in makeshift hospitals, with victims, including many children, having convulsions.

While it is not clear how many died in the bombardment of the sites and how many deaths were due to any exposure to toxic substances, experts say it would be almost impossible to fake so many dead and injured including children and babies.

Both the rebels and government forces have accused each other of using chemical weapons throughout the 28-month conflict.

Syria is believed to have large undeclared stockpiles of mustard gas and sarin nerve agent.

The government has implied it has chemical weapons, but said they would not be used against civilians.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-23795088

US naval forces move toward Syria as Obama considers options

The president is meeting with his national security team to explore increased US involvement in the conflict

U.S. naval forces edged closer to Syria on Saturday as President Barack Obama weighed possible military options for responding to the alleged use of chemical weapons by the Assad government.

Obama has previously emphasized that a quick intervention in the Syrian civil war is problematic, given the international considerations that should precede a military strike.

Nonetheless, the president met with his national security team Saturday to consider possible next steps by the United States. It comes as the U.N.'s disarmament chief Angela Kane arrived in Damascus to further press the Assad regime into allowing weapons inspectors access to the purported site of a chemical assault earlier this week.

“The President has directed the intelligence community to gather facts and evidence so that we can determine what occurred in Syria,” a White House official told reporters .

“We have a range of options available, and we are going to act very deliberately so that we're making decisions consistent with our national interest as well as our assessment of what can advance our objectives in Syria.”

Following the shift of U.S. naval forces toward Syria, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel acknowledged that Obama had asked the Pentagon to prepare military options for Syria without going into specifics. U.S. defense officials told The Associated Press that the Navy had sent a fourth warship armed with ballistic missiles into the eastern Mediterranean Sea but without immediate orders for any missile launch into Syria.

"The Defense Department has a responsibility to provide the president with options for contingencies, and that requires positioning our forces, positioning our assets, to be able to carry out different options — whatever options the president might choose," Hagel told reporters traveling with him to Asia.

Hagel said the U.S. is coordinating with the international community to determine "what exactly did happen" near Damascus earlier this week. According to reports, a chemical attack in a suburb of the capital killed at least 100 people. It would be the largest chemical weapons attack since Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein gassed thousands of Kurds in the town of Halabja in 1988.

Despite the Naval fleet change and the convening of his national security team, Obama remains cautious about getting involved in a war that has killed more than 100,000 people and now includes Hezbollah and al-Qaeda.

'Big event of grave concern'

"If the U.S. goes in and attacks another country without a U.N. mandate and without clear evidence that can be presented, then there are questions in terms of whether international law supports it — do we have the coalition to make it work?" Obama said Friday. "Those are considerations that we have to take into account."

Because Russia would likely veto any military action authorized by the U.N. Security Council, any American shift towards the use of force would have to come through another mechanism such as NATO, something which has led commentators and some in the administration to make comparisons to President Clinton's bombing of Kosovo in the 1990s.

"Kosovo, of course, is a precedent of something that is perhaps similar," said an anonymous administration official as reported by the New York Times.

Whatever the case, Obama conceded in an interview on CNN's "New Day" program that the episode is a "big event of grave concern" that requires American attention. He said any large-scale chemical weapons usage would affect "core national interests" of the United States and its allies. But nothing he said signaled a shift toward U.S. action.

For a year now, Obama has threatened to punish Assad's regime if it resorted to its chemical weapons arsenal, among the world's vastest, saying use or even deployment of such weapons of mass destruction constituted a "red line" for him. A U.S. intelligence assessment concluded in June chemical weapons have been used in Syria's civil war, but Washington has taken no military action against Assad's forces, nor do limited weapons deliveries that the president authorized to rebel groups in June seem to have been delivered on the ground.

The president’s reticence on greater involvement in the conflict has been echoed elsewhere in the government.

Joint Chiefs of Staff Chairman Gen. Martin Dempsey, the top-ranking uniformed officer in the U.S. military, has twice urged caution on U.S. involvement in the conflict in two public letters within the last month.

In a July letter to the Senate Armed Services Committee laying out U.S. military options, Dempsey warned of “unintended consequences” of direct U.S. action.

“We could inadvertently empower extremists or unleash the very chemical weapons we seek to control,” he said.

While in an Aug. 19 letter to Rep. Eliot Engel, D-Ny, Dempsey said that U.S. involvement is not about “choosing between two sides” but choosing between multiple sides. He added that the Syrian opposition would not currently support American interests were they to displace the Assad government.

UN inspectors in Damascus

As the U.S. considers its options, the United Nations disarmament chief, workede to press the Syrian government over the issue of access for U.N. experts.

Kane did not speak to reporters upon her arrival in the Syrian capital.

The U.S., Britain, France and Russia have urged the Assad regime and the rebels fighting to overthrow him to cooperate with the United Nations and allow U.N. experts already in Syria to look into the latest reports of chemical attacks. Each side has accused the other numerous times of using chemical weapons.

Kane's visit comes after U.N. chief Ban Ki-moon handed her the task and called for the Syrian regime and the rebels to cooperate with U.N. efforts to investigate into the alleged attacks.

On Saturday, the medical charity Doctors Without Borders (MSF) said hospitals it works with in Syria had reported thousands of patients displaying "neurotoxic symptoms" in line with mass exposure to nerve gas.

"Medical staff working in these facilities provided detailed information to MSF doctors regarding large numbers of patients arriving with symptoms including convulsions, excess saliva, pinpoint pupils, blurred vision and respiratory distress," Bart Janssens, the organization's director of operations said.

Around 3,600 patients have been treated in the three hospitals, he added. Of those 355 have reportedly died, according to MSF.

Rebels have reported a death toll of up to 1,300 resulting from Wednesday's attack on the eastern suburbs of Damascus.

But the Syrian government says the claims are "absolutely baseless."

In addition to unequivocally rejecting those claims, the Syrian government accused opposition forces Saturday of storing chemical weapons outside Damascus.

Syrian state television said Assad troops found chemical agents in rebel tunnels in a Damascus suburb on Saturday and some soldiers were "suffocating".

http://america.aljazeera.com/article...rsoptions.html

Syria: Cameron and Obama threaten 'serious response'

David Cameron and Barack Obama have threatened a "serious response" if it emerges that Syria has used chemical weapons, Downing Street has said.

Activists say attacks were launched against rebels in Damascus last week.

The UK PM and the US president spoke on the phone for 40 minutes earlier.

Both were "gravely concerned" by "increasing signs that this was a significant chemical weapons attack carried out by the Syrian regime against its own people", No 10 said.

"The UN Security Council has called for immediate access for UN investigators on the ground in Damascus," the Downing Street statement said.

"The fact that President Assad has failed to co-operate with the UN suggests that the regime has something to hide.

"They reiterated that significant use of chemical weapons would merit a serious response from the international community and both have tasked officials to examine all the options."

Meanwhile, medical charity Medecins Sans Frontieres says hospitals it supports in Syria have treated about 3,600 patients with "neurotoxic symptoms", of whom 355 have died.

The medical charity, which says it cannot "scientifically confirm" the use of chemical weapons, said the patients had arrived in three hospitals in the Damascus area on Wednesday.

Both sides in the conflict accuse each other of using them.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-23830590

Syria crisis: UN inspectors' convoy 'hit by sniper fire'

Snipers have opened fire on a convoy of UN inspectors heading to the sites of suspected chemical weapons attacks in Syria's capital, the UN has said.

The UN did not say who fired the shots, but the first car in the convoy was hit and the team returned to a checkpoint.

The Syrian government and the rebels had agreed to a ceasefire to allow the inspectors to collect evidence.

The experts say they will continue the inquiry into Wednesday's attacks in Damascus, in which hundreds died.

The US says there is little doubt Syrian forces used chemical weapons in the attacks, which reportedly killed more than 300 people in rebel-held areas.

Syrian President Bashar al-Assad dismissed the accusation as "an insult to common sense" and warned the US against military intervention.

"If someone is dreaming of making Syria a puppet of the West, then this will not happen," he told the Russian newspaper Izvestiya.

Diplomats divided

The 20-member UN inspection team has been in Syria since 18 August to look into three earlier suspected chemical attacks.

The experts intend to take soil, blood, urine and tissue samples for laboratory testing from five locations on Monday and Tuesday.

They were unlikely to play any role in apportioning blame for the attack.

But shortly after setting out from the hotel, the cars came under fire "multiple times by unidentified snipers", according to a statement from the UN.

"The team returned safely back to the government checkpoint. The team will return to the area after replacing the vehicle," said the UN.

A year ago, US President Barack Obama said the use of chemical weapons by the Syrian government would be "a red line" that could trigger US military action.

Washington has recently bolstered its naval presence in the eastern Mediterranean, and military leaders from the US, UK and their allies are meeting in Jordan.

But the UN Security Council remains divided, with China and Russia appearing unlikely to drop their objection to stricter sanctions on Mr Assad's government.

Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi said on Monday that diplomats should be cautious in dealing with the chemical weapons issue, and Moscow warned Western nations not to prejudge the outcome of the inspections.

Western politicians have begun to suggest taking action outside of the UN system.

UK Foreign Secretary William Hague told the BBC that action could be taken without UN approval if there was "great humanitarian need" in Syria.

His French counterpart Laurent Fabius suggested the UN Security Council could be bypassed "in certain circumstances".

Turkish Foreign Minister Ahmet Davutoglu told the Milliyet newspaper that more than 30 countries were already discussing how to act on Syria if the UN failed to agree.

He promised that Turkey would join any coalition against Mr Assad's government, with or without UN backing.

'Neurotoxin symptoms'
    Western officials were unimpressed with Syria's decision to allow in the UN experts.

Mr Hague said evidence could have been tampered with, degraded or destroyed in the five days since the attack.

A senior White House official, quoted by AP news agency, dismissed the visit as "too late to be credible".

Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) said on Saturday that three hospitals it supports in the Damascus area had treated about 3,600 patients with "neurotoxin symptoms" on Wednesday morning, of whom 355 died.

While MSF said it could not "scientifically confirm" the use of chemical weapons, staff at the hospitals described a large number of patients arriving in the space of less than three hours with symptoms including convulsions, pinpoint pupils and breathing problems.

Syria's security forces are widely believed to possess large undeclared stockpiles of mustard gas and sarin nerve agent.

It is one of seven countries that have not joined the 1997 convention banning chemical weapons.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-23838900

Best movie ever.

US ready to launch Syria strike

US ready to launch Syria strike, says Chuck Hagel

American forces are "ready" to launch strikes on Syria if President Barack Obama chooses to order an attack, US Defence Secretary Chuck Hagel says.

"We have moved assets in place to be able to fulfil and comply with whatever option the president wishes to take," Mr Hagel told the BBC.

US Secretary of State John Kerry has said there is "undeniable" proof that Syria had used chemical weapons.

The UK Parliament is to be recalled on Thursday to discuss possible responses.

Britain is considering military responses to the attack.

Prime Minister David Cameron, who has cut short his holiday and returned to London, said MPs would vote on a "clear motion" on the crisis.

Syria's allies, Russia and China, have stepped up their warnings against military intervention in Syria, with Moscow saying any such action would have "catastrophic consequences" for the region.

Meanwhile Syrian Foreign Minister Walid Muallem said he rejected "utterly and completely" claims that Syrian forces had used chemical weapons.

His government has blamed rebel fighters for the suspected chemical attack, which took place on 21 August near the Syrian capital Damascus, and reportedly killed more than 300 people.

On Monday, United Nations chemical weapons inspectors were fired on while investigating one of the five alleged attack sites around Damascus.

'We are prepared'
    Mr Hagel said the US Department of Defence had provided President Obama with "all options for all contingencies".

"He has seen them, we are prepared," he told the BBC's Jon Sopel, adding: "We are ready to go."

Mr Hagel said that intelligence currently being gathered by the UN inspectors would confirm that the Syrian government was responsible for the chemical attacks last week.

"I think it's pretty clear that chemical weapons were used against people in Syria," he said.

"I think the intelligence will conclude that it wasn't the rebels who used it, and there'll probably be pretty good intelligence to show is that the Syria government was responsible. But we'll wait and determine what the facts and the intelligence bear out."

Mr Hagel's remarks come a day after Mr Kerry accused the Syrian government of destroying evidence of its chemical weapons use in Damascus by shelling the area.

He said his administration had additional information about the attacks that it would make public in the days ahead. Mr Kerry described the assaults as a "moral obscenity".

"What we saw in Syria last week should shock the conscience of the world. It defies any code of morality," Mr Kerry said at a news conference on Monday.

"Make no mistake, President Obama believes there must be accountability for those who would use the world's most heinous weapons against the world's most vulnerable people."

The UN Security Council is divided, with Russia and China opposing military intervention and the UK and France warning that the UN could be bypassed if there was "great humanitarian need".

But Russian President Vladimir Putin said there was no evidence that an attack had taken place or who was responsible.

The UN says more than 100,000 people have been killed since the uprising against President Assad began more than two years ago. The conflict has produced more than 1.7 million registered refugees.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-23847839

Account Disabled

Chances are high we will see the prophecy unfolding before our own eyes.
    Mahdi (ra) will wipe them out
    Allah (swt) willing.

Quote Originally Posted by said80 View Post
    Chances are high we will see the prophecy unfolding before our own eyes.
    Mahdi (ra) will wipe them out
    Allah (swt) willing.
    It is already unfolding, but yes, them on ground in Syria will seal it.

Odan

The Hadith speaks of the best Muslims opposing them. Assad and crew are the worst kind of Shia and thus Kaffir even in the most lenient of views towards the Shia. My best guess is the Hadith will come to pass later after Assad and crew have long passed and the "secular" Syrians are playing cosy-up to the west and we get civil war between them and the Truly Muslim Syrians.

Imama Mehdi has to come from Kuroosan(Afganistan) and cleanse Medina of the people running it before he moves onto other parts of the world. Assuming the Ahadith go in that order, would be weird for him to come from medina conquer Syria then go way over to Afganistan then return to medina, but it is possible.
    By Him in whose Hand is the Soul of Muhammad, there is not one from the nations of the Jews and the Christians who hears about me and then dies while he has not believed in what I have been sent with except that he will be one of the companions of the Fire”. (Reported by Muslim in kitaabul Imaan)
    www.treasureofthescholars.wordpress.com