Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

LIVE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS with Abu Mus'ab Thursday 17th April 2014 @ 8:30PM GMT skype: ummahradio Show Details here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Note: All classes are still on the old times of GMT, not GMT +1 a.k.a. BST, with the exception of the Tafseer Class, for that will be done at 7:30pm GMT, or 6:30pm GMT+1/BST

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Do you Believe in Allaah or the Stars?

:
    Hadith Qudsi

بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

عَنْ زَيْدِ بْنِ خَالِدٍ الْجُهَنِيِّ، رَضِيَ اللَّهُ عَنْهُ قَالَ:
    "صَلَّى لَنَا رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ صَلَاةَ الصُّبْحِ بِالْحُدَيْبِيَةِ، عَلَى إِثْرِ سَمَاءٍ كَانَتْ مِنْ اللَّيْلَةِ، فَلَمَّا انْصَرَفَ النَّبِيُّ صَلَّى اللَّهُ عَلَيْهِ وَسَلَّمَ أَقْبَلَ عَلَى النَّاسِ، فَقَالَ لَهُمْ: "هَلْ تَدْرُونَ مَاذَا قَالَ رَبُّكُمْ؟ قَالُوا: اللَّهُ وَرَسُولُهُ أَعْلَمُ، قَالَ: أَصْبَحَ مِنْ عِبَادِي مُؤْمِنٌ بِي وَكَافِرٌ، فَأَمَّا مَنْ قَالَ: مُطِرْنَا بِفَضْلِ اللَّهِ وَرَحْمَتِهِ، فَذَلِكَ مُؤْمِنٌ بِي، كَافِرٌ بِالْكَوْكَبِ، وَأَمَّا مَنْ قَالَ: مُطِرْنَا بِنَوْءِ كَذَا وَكَذَا، فَذَلِكَ كَافِرٌ بِي، مُؤْمِنٌ بِالْكَوْكَبِ"

رواه البخاري (وكذلك مالك والنسائي)

On the authority of Zayd ibn Khalid al-Juhaniyy (may Allaah be pleased with him), who said:

The Messenger of Allaah (may the blessings and peace of Allaah be upon him) led the morning prayer for us at al-Hudaybiyah following rainfall during the night. When the Prophet (pbuh) finished, he faced the people and said to them: "Do you know what your Lord has said?" They said: "Allaah and his Messenger know best." He said: "'This morning one of my servants became a believer in Me and one a disbeliever. As for him who said: 'We have been given rain by virtue of Allaah and His mercy,' that one is a believer in Me, a disbeliever in the stars (1); and as for him who said: 'We have been given rain by such-and-such a star,' that one is a disbeliever in Me, a believer in the stars.'"

(1) The pre-Islamic Arabs believed that rain was brought about by the movement of stars. This Hadith draws attention to the fact that whatever be the direct cause of such natural phenomena as rain, it is Allaah the Almighty who is the Disposer of all things.
    [Bukhari (also by Malik and an-Nasa'i).]

This is my advice for those who listen or read the weather forecasts and believe in it whether tommorow will rain and Horoscopes star signs on the newspapers etc. Do not believe in it and reject it completely

'The Hour will come, when people believe in the stars and reject al-Qadar (the Divine Decree of destiny)

Last edited by Beblessed; 22-03-12 at 07:44 AM.
    O Allah, I ask You for knowledge that is of benefit, a good provision, and deeds that will be accepted . (Recite in Arabic upon rising in the morning.)

Allaahumma 'innee 'as'aluka 'ilman naafi'an, wa rizqan tayyiban, wa 'amalan mutaqabbalan.

Re: Do you Believe in Allaah or the Stars?

Quote Originally Posted by Beblessed View Post
    why did you make a thread about salafi is not the correct way of salaf something like that, and why do you follow aqeedah tahawiyyah and not ibn tamiyyahs aqeedah yourself?
    I didn't claim to be self learned, follow from pious scholars of past and accuse others of blind following modern scholars. Which is so vague and direction less statement. I was pointing out your ridicules statement will go out the window when others claim the same thing but follow different scholars that have different position in Aqeedah than yourself.

You won't answer anything in this thread because you contradict yourself and you cannot answer any question posed or asked.
    Last edited by samin62; 24-03-12 at 07:50 AM.
    "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History

Quite an astonishing thread. Just to add my 2p to it though;

fore·cast (fôrkst, fr-)
    v. fore·cast or fore·cast·ed, fore·cast·ing, fore·casts
    v.tr.
    1. To estimate or calculate in advance, especially to predict (weather conditions) by analysis of meteorological data. See Synonyms at predict.
    2. To serve as an advance indication of; foreshadow: price increases that forecast inflation.
    v.intr.
    To calculate or estimate something in advance; predict the future.
    n.
    A prediction, as of coming events or conditions.

And we wonder why the muslim ummah is in such a state :/

شهيد إن شاء الله

Quote Originally Posted by samin62 View Post
    how is seeing trends and making valid prediction and preparing for it equal to astrology?

who is looking at the stars? They are seeing movement pattern of weather and telling you what is likely so you prepare your day like that. This is as extreme as the so called fiqh of driving where putting seatbelt on because the government said is Kufr because they don't rule by Sharia.
    brother if i punch you in the face and break your nose dont say my fist did it rather say it was qadr because its i dident know my fist would break your nose becuase that was part of the ghaib.

even though that was the predictable outcome.
    And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allâh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allâh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Quote Originally Posted by uncle umar View Post
    brother if i punch you in the face and break your nose dont say my fist did it rather say it was qadr because its i dident know my fist would break your nose becuase that was part of the ghaib.

even though that was the predictable outcome.
    but its not raining....
    "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History

Quote Originally Posted by imran1976 View Post
    The whole Muslim world minus salafis believes in Tawassul --- why you bringing this up?
    You mean the Ahlul Bidah Jamaah ?

Anything which has no foundation in the Quran and Sunnah cannot be a part of a Muslim's aqeedah .

Get your Burhan and Inshallah we shall discuss that .
    Where there are no Ulemah(Scholars) there are many Muftis.

I
    deal System of Living for All Mankind .

the prophet is aiive in his grave and those who visit him in his grave is as though he visited during his life time. so if you dont believe in this hadith i cant do anything. and there is allready proof from the Quraan and sunnah it does not contridict to the Quraan or the sunnah. tho you forget at the end of the day we are Asking Allaah for help.so what do you know about the hadith on judgement day when people will go to Prophet Muhammed for help to intercede for them to Allaah Azawajal? is that also a form of shirk?
    I dont think any of us deny Allah's Rasul being alive in the Grave .You not only are known to attribute motives but also misquote others .The life of the Barzakh is not known to anyone of us and Al waseelah is a station in paradise and yes Allah's Rasul shall be granted permission to intercede for the Muslims on the day of Judgement , Inshallah .Get us proofs that Allah's Rasul said it is permitted to visit his grave and seek his intercession and if yes show us proofs from some of the well known Sahabas who have done that .

I

what are you saying? what fasiq regime are you talking about? pls dont put me in politics i have no idea on that.

read my comment on 'truth about the taliban'
    If you donot have idea of politics then that's a serious problem as a Muslim has to show inclinination to study every subject under Islam including politics , economics , jurisprudence etc .

You are always known to pick on sites like Islamqa which are critical of the fasiq regimes .

Do you agree with People like Tahir ul Qadri who defend the actions of NATO and criticize the Mujahideen fighting them and claim that a single Khilafah is not fardh and democracy is part and parcel of Sunnah ?

I

Quote Originally Posted by Chicanery View Post
    Quite an astonishing thread. Just to add my 2p to it though;

fore·cast (fôrkst, fr-)
    v. fore·cast or fore·cast·ed, fore·cast·ing, fore·casts
    v.tr.
    1. To estimate or calculate in advance, especially to predict (weather conditions) by analysis of meteorological data. See Synonyms at predict.
    2. To serve as an advance indication of; foreshadow: price increases that forecast inflation.
    v.intr.
    To calculate or estimate something in advance; predict the future.
    n.
    A prediction, as of coming events or conditions.

And we wonder why the muslim ummah is in such a state :/
    Thankfully the comical nature/premise of this thread is not an issue for the ummah, but for certain individuals.

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"O followers of Muhammad! By Allah, if you knew what I know, you would weep much and laugh little."

[Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol. 8, Hadith no. 627]

May Allah ta'ala join our beloved akhi Uncle-Umar (may Allah ta'ala have mercy upon him) with the Shuhada and grant him the Highest station in Jannatul Firdaus

Ameen

https://www.justgiving.com/FoodTruckForSyria/

So its haraam to watch weather forecast on the TV...

Right.

This thread is an epic fail.
    Allah will ask on the Day of Judgment: “Where are those who loved each other for the sake of My glory? Today, on a day when there is no shade but Mine, I shall shade them with My shade.”(Muslim)

"Zendagi Migzara..."

This thread was about the rain and that my belief is only Allaah knows when it will rain. so if this is strange let it be, im happy Allhmdulilah. neither did i say about the moon or the sun where i can see from my eyes. I cant be bothered since the whole thread has been diverted to tawasul, politic, punch on the face and all sorts.

http://quran.com/search?q=rain&page=2
    O Allah, I ask You for knowledge that is of benefit, a good provision, and deeds that will be accepted . (Recite in Arabic upon rising in the morning.)

Allaahumma 'innee 'as'aluka 'ilman naafi'an, wa rizqan tayyiban, wa 'amalan mutaqabbalan.

This thread was about the rain and that my belief is only Allaah knows when it will rain. so if this is strange let it be, im happy Allhmdulilah. neither did i say about the moon or the sun where i can see from my eyes. I cant be bothered since the whole thread has been diverted to tawasul, politic, punch on the face and all sorts.

Even though No Muslims disagreed that it is Only Allah ta'ala that knows where and when and how much it will rain, you by your personal interpretation claimed that Weather Forecasts are Haraam, because they know when and where it will Rain etc, or predict it it be likely ... or that this is like Fortune Telling ...
    failed repeatedly to prove this claim ...

No Scholar will tell you that an Educated Guess, based on observations is Fortune Telling

What the Furqan states is Certain Knowledge, Which belongs to Allah ta'ala Only ...

I have no idea why you cannot tell the difference between a Guess and Certain Knowledge

Epic Fail indeed,

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"O followers of Muhammad! By Allah, if you knew what I know, you would weep much and laugh little."

[Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol. 8, Hadith no. 627]

May Allah ta'ala join our beloved akhi Uncle-Umar (may Allah ta'ala have mercy upon him) with the Shuhada and grant him the Highest station in Jannatul Firdaus

Ameen

https://www.justgiving.com/FoodTruckForSyria/

Odan

No one is claiming to know the future, but at the same time, with advanced weather monitoring stuff and satellites in outter space, weather forecasts are based on hard evidence.
    Of course it doesn't mean they are 100% accurate because weather can change suddennly....

“You are so brave and quiet I forget you are suffering.”......“Verily, I only complain of my grief and sorrow to Allāh!” (Sūrat'l-Yūsuf: 86)

my mistake to post this i thought i would just advice, anyway everyone goes their own way, so do NOT comment on this issue cus i wont reply to it, everyone has his own life and what he beliefs, and follows what is correct.
    Reading your stars i agree with, but the weather thing?? Isnt that because of technology, it doesnt mean we believe something else is causing it to rain
    ஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐ
    Change happens when the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of change.”
    ஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐ