Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Tafseer Class, Tafseer Ibn Katheer, Saturday 6:30pm GMT (7:30pm BST/GMT+1) skype: ummahradio Show Details here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Note: All classes are still on the old times of GMT, not GMT +1 a.k.a. BST, with the exception of the Tafseer Class, for that will be done at 7:30pm GMT, or 6:30pm GMT+1/BST

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Icon9 wat do u do when u feel suicidal?.......

wat do u do when u feel suicidal?.......

Re: wat do u do when u feel suicidal?.......

Quote Originally Posted by MuslimSoljah View Post
    Think of the Divine punishment for that action.
    'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/

Quote Originally Posted by Peacenik View Post
    Think of the Divine punishment for that action.
    i do but still

i do but still
    Find out the cause for feeling like this. Think of all those people in a worse-off situation than yourself (like the starving in places like Africa, Asia etc..).

Thank ALLAH (SWT) for His Favours; for Guiding you to Islam; if it was His Will, you would be a non-Muslim.

Thank Him constantly; develop Taqwa; develop awareness of Him as much as possible; look into the life of the Messenger (saaw) and his Companions (ra), and the pain and hardship they went through. It's nothing compared to our lives.

Recite Durood upon the beloved (saaw). Insha'Allah you'll see things in a much positive light.
    'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/

its not easy

Read the Quran or make dua.
    الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

its not easy
    I know.

See refuge with ALLAH (SWT) from the Shaytaan (who's provoking the feelings of despair into you).

think of the punishment that the hell fire will give, then also
    Stop
    Think why you want to die.. and what you could do if you stayed alive that may benifit another person by a good deed,
    if all else fails.. then just remember that you have the power to do alot of good things that can help many unfortunate people.. i.e give to the poor.. inspire the weak...

I would like to share something to you it may do you some good..

A boy comes to me with a spark of interest, I feed the spark and it becomes a flame. I feeded the flame and it becomes a fire.
    I feed the fire and it becomes a roaring blaze.

..so just think for a instance how you can inspire someone in someway <3

...This worldly life is no more than a temporary illusion. [Al Hadeed 57:20]

Asalaamu alaikum

Dont let ur mind wander in that direction

The more u let Urself think over those things the more u feel it... Reality is that if u were to do it u know that what's to come would be much much worse than what u feel now..

I know sometimes pain can feel so intense that it becomes unbearable, don't know what to do to make it stop but just remind yourself that Allah swt doesn't burden your soul more than u can bear, and I know ppl say that all the time but u have to believe it - y give up on Urself that easily? If u wanted to u could find the strength, teach Urself to feel contentment in the pain knowing that whatever u do feel doesn't go unrecognised by the Lord of the worlds, the many sins we've all committed over the years - a chance for then to be wiped away inshaAllah... Will u let ur resolve be so weak that ur not willing to take it for the sake of something far greater...

I know you just want it to stop but give Urself a chance and think about the biggest biggest blessing uv been given which is to be given the deen of Islam and then think about whether ud want to throw it all away for whatever's making u feel like this right now
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allâh loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    [Al-Imran 3:159]

...This worldly life is no more than a temporary illusion. [Al Hadeed 57:20]

There is no-one who is afflicted by distress and grief, and says: ‘Allaahumma inni ‘abduka ibn ‘abdika ibn amatika naasyati bi yadika, maada fiyya hukmuka, ‘adlun fiyya qadaa’uka. As’aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw anzaltahu fi kitaabika aw ‘allamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw ista’tharta bihi fi ‘ilm il-ghayb ‘indaka an taj’al al-Qur’aana rabee’ qalbi wa noor sadri wa jalaa’ huzni wa dhihaab hammi (O Allaah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your maidservant; my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every name belonging to You which You have named Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the Unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety),’ but Allaah will take away his distress and grief, and replace it with joy.” This is one of the remedies prescribed in sharee’ah.

One can also say “Laa ilaaha illa Anta, subhaanaka inni kuntu min al-dhaalimeen (none has the right to be worshipped but You (O Allaah), Glorified (and Exalted) be You [above all that (evil) they associate with You]! Truly, I have been of the wrongdoers)” [al-Anbiya 21:87 – interpretation of the meaning].
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allâh loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    [Al-Imran 3:159]

Account Disabled

Of course make dua to Allah,
    and you can also go to a doctor or GP and tell them if you feel this way.

Also here is a good book to read; http://www.kalamullah.com/Books/Dont%20Be%20Sad.pdf

The advice of all up ^, if they do not work, find a meaning for yourself, a sport, an interest, a cause (charity)?, if you already have this, then.. renew it ?

or you could just start comfort eating.
    And he is the son of Ithel Goch ap Cynwrig ap Iorwerth Ddu ap Cynwrig Ddewis Herod ap Cywryd!

Lost in the journey ... Brother Hassan's Avatar

Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever throws himself down from a mountain and kills himself will be in the Fire of Hell, throwing himself down therein for ever and ever. Whoever takes poison and kills himself, his poison will be in his hand and he will be sipping it in the Fire of Hell for ever and ever. Whoever kills himself with a piece of iron, that piece of iron will be in his hand and he will be stabbing himself in the stomach with it in the Fire of Hell, for ever and ever.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5442; Muslim, 109.

It was narrated from Thaabit ibn al-Dahhaak (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever kills himself with something in this world will be punished with it on the Day of Resurrection.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5700; Muslim, 110.

It was narrated that Jundub ibn ‘Abd-Allaah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Among those who came before you there was a man who was wounded and he panicked, so he took a knife and cut his hand with it, and the blood did not stop flowing until he died. Allaah said: ‘My slave hastened to bring about his demise; I have forbidden Paradise to him.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 3276; Muslim, 113.

What do you do when you feel suicidal?

Okay it goes like this. You go through this time/phase/period during which you go through these overwhelming feelings that life is not worth living for whatever reason, or that you would be better off dead, or that your situation is too painful, or that you have become too much of a failiure in life so you conjure up some notion that the world would be better off without you. It's also possible that something you'd aimed for your whole life or felt would make your life complete- but that something didn't work out or became out of your reach and triggered feelings of hopelessness cos' that was something that made you feel like you were really living. I think that's where the whole suicidal feelings start from- though correct me if I'm wrong or have missed something.

Right, aside from the obvious obvious ensure you are adhering to your faraid, regular in your prayers, your dhikr etc etc... just spend some free time contemplating death and thinking about it. Toss all your dunya issues out of your mind and just contemplate facing Allah (swt) with your deeds. Don't think of it as a viable escape from a miserable existence- not if you are thinking of suicide, but rather think of it as a means to be punished with something far far worse than anything you could've possibly experienced in this life. Think of the most awful, painful, terrible moment in your life and times that by a 1000 and realise the punishment would be worse than that. I mean you know that suicide will mean that you meet Allah (swt) and don't meet Allah (swt) with the honour of martyrdom or any grace but rather you meet Him with something resembling arrogance that you considered yourself more worthy of choosing your time of death than Allah (swt). Does He (swt) know better about the right time to leave this world or you? If you hate your life and Allah (Swt) wants to help you escape from it, then he could decide to give you a heart attack tonight and save you the trouble. The fact that He (swt) hasn't taken your life yet is an indication that your time hasn't arrived yet.

Anyway, think about what I've said cos' none of your problems at this world will matter when you leave it. You wont have to worry about going to work the next day or paying for the roof over your head or where your next meal comes from or what your family think whether they are proud of you or think you are a disgrace it doesn't matter. It wont matter if you were on good terms with your friend or if you had a falling out- all that will matter is that you face Allah (swt) and that is the only relationship and duty that would be at the forefront of your mind- so why violate that as the last moment of your life (ie by killing yourself)?

It's okay if you persevere in this world, even if it means you're depressed or feel bad about a lot of unpleasantness that goes on in the dunya. As we know the dunya is a prison for the believer so it's not such a bad thing to feel that you can't enjoy or revel in the dunya as such as long as you don't lose sight of your duties to Allah (swt) and inshAllah I'm hopeful that over time you find a way to work through these feelings and start to see things differently.

If these urges to kill yourself are overwhelming and strong and you feel you don't have control over it then I'm loathe to admit it as a last resort but if this situation is not being caused by a specific factor in your environment (eg bereavement, loss of something that meant the world to you) then I would wonder if there could be some kind of mental health issue going on that is messing with your emotions and making it doubly difficult to suppress overwhelming destructive feelings. That's all I can think of for now.

seek allahs help and make alot of du,aa
    wake to pray night prayers
    increase my imaan coz this feeling comes from weak iman
    remember the punishment of this
    read adkar regularly to protect myself against the whispers of the shytan
    my allah guide u and increase your imaan and my allah replace your hardship with ease

i do but still
    You do?

You know that committing Suicide would lead you to Jahannam, and yet you would consider it?

Nauzubillah,

read about the Punishments for the Dwellers of Jahannam ... no man or woman will be able to bear any of them ...

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"O followers of Muhammad! By Allah, if you knew what I know, you would weep much and laugh little."

[Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol. 8, Hadith no. 627]

May Allah ta'ala join our beloved akhi Uncle-Umar (may Allah ta'ala have mercy upon him) with the Shuhada and grant him the Highest station in Jannatul Firdaus

Ameen

https://www.justgiving.com/FoodTruckForSyria/

dhikr-ul-allah

Do not sit idle, for indeed death is seeking you.

Al Hasan Al Basre [RA]

Exercise.
    May be hard to force yourself when you're depressed, but it will help once you do.

Remember Allaah
    And He found you lost and guided you,
    ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight.
    " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
    ~ Quran 1:6 ~

Guess everyone has said everything but also get your mind of, by going out instead of sitting at home all day if you are.

The pain thats encouraging u to suicide is nothing compared to the punishment for eternity due to suicide

May Allah keep all distressed people in positive state of mind and give us the Gift of Loving, fearing Allah alone
    Ameen
    7 Heavens and The Arsh & Kursi Of Allah - by Sheikh Ahmed Ali [HD]

Subhan'Allah wa bi-hamdihi
    Glorified is Allah with all praise due to Him

Odan

I don't get those feelings.

If I did I would go and volunteer at a night shelter or mental health hospital; because that would make me realise how fortunate I was; and for me that would be all I needed.

If I am feeling hard done by then I remember that there are parents whose child will die today because they have bad or no water or not enough food, when we are throwing food away and spending money on a second iphone or third computer or yet another pair of shoes; I recall a photo of a dead Ethiopian mother in the Famine of 1984 with live baby on her breast who had walked and dragged herself to a refugee camp to save her child. May Allah grant her Jannah.

I have nothing to complain about.

You have more strength and courage then you know, it is quite something for someone to admit to those sort of feelings.
    Last edited by abubakarbristol; 21-03-12 at 10:22 PM.

Try to talk to someone that you know cares about you and explain yourself to them.

Asalamu alaykum,

In continuation with Abubakarbristol, and the mental institute, it reminds me of recently being around those with special needs.

I am not sure if you (MuslimSoljah) still have these feelings and Insha Allah you don't, but I would like to make an input Insha Allah.

I was helping out my father last week at his work and he assists disabled teenagers who cannot move, I mean some can alittle bit but they cannot walk at all, some fidget around or make noises. He helps by driving them to their homes where they live with specialists and nurses, etc, and during the day they go to another centre where they do some exercises where maybe they help make them have fun etc.

The thing that really made me greatful and upset, was the fact they cannot speak at all. And I was helping one of the kids get into the van and they are in a speacially made wheelchair and everything, and you just look at them and wonder wow, something simple as speaking is so easy for me yet for them they cannot even express themselves, maybe by grunting or shaking their arms however the whole day I wondered what on earth they were thinking about, or if they wanted to say anything. There was a young girl who kept screaming and I was taken aback at first, but then my dad said she does that when she is happy. And with these teens, some have short legs or their hands are twisted or in one position. They cannot even feed themselves.

Then I was at a nursing home, and I have never attended one before so it was my first time. The minute I got there, I could here a woman making noises and she does that all day, just sort of humming in a way. There was a blind man who Masha Allah he is very friendly and he comes to your room and tells you jokes, and he really made me laugh Alhumdulillah, yet after awhile, he starts to repeat the same ones, and he says goodbye and then walks in again.

You know, there are many more things I can say about this, however I think you get the idea. Maybe this has nothing to do with what you felt but it is just something to think about and to realise you know what, no matter what you go through, you have it easier than others, and you have been so blessed by Allah SWT, and you know even these teens and people are blessed they are alive too and have people who can take care of them. Don't feel this way Insha Allah and to anyone else, because these things happen, it doesn't mean it should be the end.

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]

The author of Sitoon as-Sultaniyah says about this Hadith: “It was the Prophet who tied together the knots of Islam, including the uppermost knot of ruling after he established the Islamic state…As mentioned by Imam Mawardi the leadership has been proscribed as the succession of the Prophet in protecting the deen and governing the societal affairs. In this respect – Imam Baidawi mentioned that the Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the Shari’ah. So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2]

[1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
    [2] Ibid. pg. 46

Account Disabled.

* Try counting the blessings of Allah because you will never be able to count them.

* Look at those whose life are worse than yours, who are suffering worse than you can imagine.

* Make your trials/tribulations as a way of getting closer to Allah by increasing your worship (prayer, duas, zikr). A a clamity that turns you towards Allah is better than a blessing that makes you forget about Him.

* Remain patient and read Quran (it will make you feel calmer)...master the art of sabrun jameel.

Sorry I can't think of anything else but hope what I said was useful. If you still have those feelings, you should talk to a family member/friend/doctor asap as I'm sure they can help you in someway. Stay strong. May Allah swt always make everything easy for you, strengthen your Imaan and make right all your affairs, Ameen.

You will escape the dunya by taking your life, but where will you go, if after dying you still find no peace?

Think about it.
    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

Revive A Sunnah

Quote Originally Posted by neelu View Post
    What do you do when you feel suicidal?

Okay it goes like this. You go through this time/phase/period during which you go through these overwhelming feelings that life is not worth living for whatever reason, or that you would be better off dead, or that your situation is too painful, or that you have become too much of a failiure in life so you conjure up some notion that the world would be better off without you. It's also possible that something you'd aimed for your whole life or felt would make your life complete- but that something didn't work out or became out of your reach and triggered feelings of hopelessness cos' that was something that made you feel like you were really living. I think that's where the whole suicidal feelings start from- though correct me if I'm wrong or have missed something.

Right, aside from the obvious obvious ensure you are adhering to your faraid, regular in your prayers, your dhikr etc etc... just spend some free time contemplating death and thinking about it. Toss all your dunya issues out of your mind and just contemplate facing Allah (swt) with your deeds. Don't think of it as a viable escape from a miserable existence- not if you are thinking of suicide, but rather think of it as a means to be punished with something far far worse than anything you could've possibly experienced in this life. Think of the most awful, painful, terrible moment in your life and times that by a 1000 and realise the punishment would be worse than that. I mean you know that suicide will mean that you meet Allah (swt) and don't meet Allah (swt) with the honour of martyrdom or any grace but rather you meet Him with something resembling arrogance that you considered yourself more worthy of choosing your time of death than Allah (swt). Does He (swt) know better about the right time to leave this world or you? If you hate your life and Allah (Swt) wants to help you escape from it, then he could decide to give you a heart attack tonight and save you the trouble. The fact that He (swt) hasn't taken your life yet is an indication that your time hasn't arrived yet.

Anyway, think about what I've said cos' none of your problems at this world will matter when you leave it. You wont have to worry about going to work the next day or paying for the roof over your head or where your next meal comes from or what your family think whether they are proud of you or think you are a disgrace it doesn't matter. It wont matter if you were on good terms with your friend or if you had a falling out- all that will matter is that you face Allah (swt) and that is the only relationship and duty that would be at the forefront of your mind- so why violate that as the last moment of your life (ie by killing yourself)?

It's okay if you persevere in this world, even if it means you're depressed or feel bad about a lot of unpleasantness that goes on in the dunya. As we know the dunya is a prison for the believer so it's not such a bad thing to feel that you can't enjoy or revel in the dunya as such as long as you don't lose sight of your duties to Allah (swt) and inshAllah I'm hopeful that over time you find a way to work through these feelings and start to see things differently.

If these urges to kill yourself are overwhelming and strong and you feel you don't have control over it then I'm loathe to admit it as a last resort but if this situation is not being caused by a specific factor in your environment (eg bereavement, loss of something that meant the world to you) then I would wonder if there could be some kind of mental health issue going on that is messing with your emotions and making it doubly difficult to suppress overwhelming destructive feelings. That's all I can think of for now.
    Mashallah that is a really good analysis and shows a solid understanding of the psychology involved which i am sure many people go through,
    even the internet actually is full of forums and blogs of people saying many of the things mentioned in the first pharagraph.

The way i see it to be honest that Islam takes a person from the narrowness of this Dunya to the vast Exapnse of the Akhirah, and it opens up the
    "context" for him, in that it elaborates for him/her the "story so far", i.e. from the time of Creation of Adam (as) all the way to the Day of Judgement
    and in so doing it reminds the believer that you really have don't have the time to be suicidal...

... we are fast approaching a day that will 50,000 years long, and we have a very short time to prepare for it.
    "And remind, for indeed, the reminder benefits the believers"(51:55)

The Snake and Malik ibn Dinar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOfrNtDw5Yc

Ive known several people who had acute suicidal thoughts, it was acompanied with erratic behavour and self harming. They all ended up have jinns with them. You may not be in the same boat as them but nonetheless, it is something to consider.

Am a Sister

I know how hard its is to deal with when you are feeling suicidal , can you call a crisis line talk to someone there ?
    What is making you feel like this has something happened?
    I would suggest making am appointment with your dr as soon as you can maybe an emergency appointment if you cant get one id go down to A and E / ER and say that you are feeling this way they will get someone from the psych team to come and talk to you about this
    Dont do anything to hurt yourself ... Think about your family and friends who love you as well
    Think about how they would feel if you where gone and how they wouldnt get over losing you

I have lost my dad to suicide its horrible you feel as if it is your fault that there was something that you could have done there is also the shock as well please dont put your family through that
    GET HELP NOW

Striving for Perfection Ibrahim70's Avatar

Asalaam Alikum

I had these suicidal thoughts last year. It was during a serious bout of depression and anxiety that was occuring on a daily basis. The way I overcame this was to pinpoint exactly why I was feeling so low and disheartened with my life. Which person, which situation was putting my feelings into thoughts of ending it all. Once I had pinpointed where this pain was coming from, I began to recover Alhamdulilah.

So my advice is to read all of the wonderful replies and advice that has been provided for you thus far, and also to think long and hard about what is making you feel like this, and then inshaa Allah set about conquering that fear, or that emotion, or whatever it is that is making you feel so low right now

Your in all of our duas
    “Allah does not place a burden upon a person except that which he is capable” (Al-Baqarah: 286)

Odan

Put your trust in Allah (swt) and know that pain doesn't last forever.

I think about the punishment that awaits if you do that I think about how if you kill yourself you wont get a second chance if you chnage your mind at the last minute,I think about how suicide doesnt fix anything infact it makes it worst for the people who love you

Quote Originally Posted by 786ridz View Post
    dhikr-ul-allah
    this

الإسلام هو الحياة sis_on_sunnah's Avatar

Assalamu alaykum,

Brother, keep your tongue moist with the remembrance of Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala. Wallah, only with the remembrance of Allah subhanahu wa ta'aala do hearts find rest.

We need to remember that no burden is placed upon us except that we can bear it, so say alhumdulillah because surely there is someone worse off than you, yet they smile and say hasbanallahu wa ni'mal wakil, sufficient is Allah for me & he is my Protector.

Protect yourself from the waswasa of the shayateen, audhobillahi min ash shaytan ir Rajeem. This can be done by performing Ruqya on yourself and reciting your daily adhkaar.

Whatever it is that is bothering you, you need to realise that it will end soon beithnillahi ta aaala, because this Dounya is temporary,the problems we face in this Dounya are temporary and we need to sacrifice this short life for eternal success in the hereafter.

My advice to you in simple steps would be:

1) return back to the Book of Allah. Recite the Quran, understand and reflect.

2) try and increase in good deeds. Maybe get up for tahajjud.wallah, get up the middle of the night and repent,pray and weep out of humility in front of our Rabb, give extra sadaqah, nafl fasting etc

3) ensure you are reciting your daily adhkaar and also start doing Ruqya on yourself everyday.

4) start looking for some hobbies insha Allah. I am sure there's a Hadith saying that the lonely person is like a lone wolf who is more prone to getting the waswasa. *

5) surround yourself by practising brothers. Ensure you pray salaah in jamaa'ah and if there are any opportunities to volunteer at Islamic events, take them insha Allah.

These steps will insha Allah try to clear your mind out of these thoughts, the main thing though is to keep consistent

* I am not completely sure that this is a Hadith, I just can't remember where I heard it - sorry.

I pray that you mind is cleared of these thoughts soon beithnillahi ta aaala and I pray that we are all guided to that which is right and this which Allah subhanahu wa ta aaala is pleased with.
    http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Don't miss your prayer, don't delay it.

Commonly increase in sin gets a person depressed.

Increase in good deeds reduce the bad.

Repent always.

Having practicing people around you.

Yesterday I had nothing to do there was an event Brothers playing basketball against the local police officers. Went to that finished at 4pm went to the masjid with 2 brothers and stay there till 11pm. Talked with brothers I hadn't seen in very long time. The Masjid subhanallah is an amazing place to go not just jummah.

May Allah make it easy. Ameen.

Account Disabled.

Quote Originally Posted by {f~h} View Post
    * Try counting the blessings of Allah because you will never be able to count them.

* Look at those whose life are worse than yours, who are suffering worse than you can imagine.

* Make your trials/tribulations as a way of getting closer to Allah by increasing your worship (prayer, duas, zikr). A a clamity that turns you towards Allah is better than a blessing that makes you forget about Him.

* Remain patient and read Quran (it will make you feel calmer)...master the art of sabrun jameel.

Sorry I can't think of anything else but hope what I said was useful. If you still have those feelings, you should talk to a family member/friend/doctor asap as I'm sure they can help you in someway. Stay strong. May Allah swt always make everything easy for you, strengthen your Imaan and make right all your affairs, Ameen.
    I have just read sister dhak1yya's post and realised the highlighted sentence in my first post may not be a good advise...I'm really sorry, please ignore it if it makes you feel worse....I only said that because when I feel like my life is filled with difficulties, I remember that it could be worse so I feel thankful to Allah that it isn't that bad and my sadness reduces...my intention was for you to feel the same. I'm not a cold-hearted person...I do feel sadness for others and sometimes I question why I have been blessed with certain things that others haven't then I pray for those who are living worse life than mine to be rewarded more than me in the hereafter because that justifies the inequality of this world and I know Allah swt is Most Just so He will reward them for their every struggle..for every tear, for every pain as Allah swt is always close to those who are suffering and keeps account of everything, Alhamdulillah. May Allah swt relieve our own sufferings and others around the world and reward those who suffered the most with a highest platform in Paradise, Ameen.

Hope that makes sense, I'm very sorry if what I have said made you feel worse..

salaams to all

as others have mentioned, u should consider what will happen to u after committing suicide
    if u think ur in difficulties now, u aint seen nothing yet.

thats what holds me back
    cos i do get depressed sometimes & just wish Allah ta'ala had made suicide permissible for us

just get busy with something
    i find that mixing with people for a while or getting involved in something takes my mind off whatever is depressing me(marriage)
    and after a while i cool down & my mood becomes stable

but i know that certain people/places trigger the depression and i try to avoid them
    sometimes talking to strangers is better than talking to those you know as they dont know your story/situation and dont keep rubbing it in about whatever it is that depresses you.

or just go sit in a corner of the musjid & recite the Quran

hope that helps

and Allah ta'ala knows best
    jazakallah
    Sufyaan Thawri "Whoever is very popular with his relations and neighbours, we suspect him to be compromising in preaching the true teachings of religion."
    very good site for English bayaans in MP3 format-check it out- u wont be disappointed: http://www.musjidnoor.za.net/index.html & http://alhaadi.org.za/majlis-program...downloads.html

Successful r da Believers

Assalamu alaykum wa rahmetullahi wa barakatu,

Anytime we are faced with trials in this world, first the only one we should turn sincerely for help is from Allah swt. Not scholars,not parents, not ummah forum. I am sure you get this alot but it is indeed the ONLY way to start off because one of the major reasons of our purpose in life is to return to Allah and ask for his help and forgiveness. I've read previous replies here and they are great reminders and advises masha'Allah.

what made you come to this point and start feeling that way? Mind if you share? Maybe, we can help relating to the problem inshaAllah.

“You are so brave and quiet I forget you are suffering.”......“Verily, I only complain of my grief and sorrow to Allāh!” (Sūrat'l-Yūsuf: 86)

ARe you a teenager? Also are you sure you dont mean depressed? Suicidal means you want to end your life? Even at your lowest moments, realise that Allah swt has kept you alive. Think of all the good deeds you can rack up. Trust me, whatever you are stressing over, you will get over it and have a new prob to worry about lol
    ஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐ
    Change happens when the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of change.”
    ஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐ

Account Disabled

In a world of tests and tribulations... "Verily Allah is with the patient." [Qur'an, 8:46] - ............ ....... ~ ~ ~ I AM A SISTER ~ ~ ~.......

Get to the root of the problem and tackle that