Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Mustalahul Hadeeth & Hanafi Fiqh Class with Abu Mus'ab Tuesday from 7:30PM GMT (8:30pm BST) skype: ummahradio Show Details here. - And here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Allah is the best deceiver?

Dear Muslims, why does Allah describe himself as the best deceiver in:
    * Quran 3:54
    * Quran 7:99
    * Quran 8:30
    * Quran 10:21
    * Quran 13:42

Re: Allah is the best deceiver?

Quran 3:54
    And the disbelievers planned, but Allah planned. And Allah is the best of planners.

Quran 7:99
    Then did they feel secure from the plan of Allah ? But no one feels secure from the plan of Allah except the losing people.

Quran 8:30
    And [remember, O Muhammad], when those who disbelieved plotted against you to restrain you or kill you or evict you [from Makkah]. But they plan, and Allah plans. And Allah is the best of planners.

Quran 10:21
    And when We give the people a taste of mercy after adversity has touched them, at once they conspire against Our verses. Say, " Allah is swifter in strategy." Indeed, Our messengers record that which you conspire

Quran 13:42
    And those before them had plotted, but to Allah belongs the plan entirely. He knows what every soul earns, and the disbelievers will know for whom is the final home.

In translations of the Quran, the word 'plan' or 'planners' is used.

But if you type into google what the OP has said you get answering-islam and Wikiislam; two notorious anti-islamic sites. Quel surprise.

The irony is that the disbelievers self fulfil these verses when they try to cast doubt into the minds of muslims. They plot and plan but indeed, Allah is the best of planners.
    Allah will ask on the Day of Judgment: “Where are those who loved each other for the sake of My glory? Today, on a day when there is no shade but Mine, I shall shade them with My shade.”(Muslim)

"Zendagi Migzara..."

Odan

lol where are the verses about deceiving?? what we can gather is that the kuffar are deceiving themselves when they think they are deceiving Allah or other people.

Allah is the best of planners < tell me how can this be interpreted as deception? lol take some english lessons.

Lost in the journey ... Brother Hassan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by elitealot View Post
    Quran 3:54
    And the disbelievers planned, but Allah planned. And Allah is the best of planners.

Quran 7:99
    Then did they feel secure from the plan of Allah ? But no one feels secure from the plan of Allah except the losing people.

Quran 8:30
    And [remember, O Muhammad], when those who disbelieved plotted against you to restrain you or kill you or evict you [from Makkah]. But they plan, and Allah plans. And Allah is the best of planners.

Quran 10:21
    And when We give the people a taste of mercy after adversity has touched them, at once they conspire against Our verses. Say, " Allah is swifter in strategy." Indeed, Our messengers record that which you conspire

Quran 13:42
    And those before them had plotted, but to Allah belongs the plan entirely. He knows what every soul earns, and the disbelievers will know for whom is the final home.

The title of this thread sounds so wrong. Allah is no deciever. There are no negative qualities within the nature of Allah so i really think we should think before we type. What need would Allah have to decieve when it is Allah who guides to the true & purified path. Deception is used when trying to hide the reality of a situation, what need does the all powerful have to do such a thing when he is not answerable to anyone & nobody can harm him. Allah guide us to his submission Ameen.
    Last edited by M_I; 09-03-12 at 02:49 PM.

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by M_I View Post
    The title of this thread sounds so wrong. Allah is no deciever. There is no megative qualities within the nature of Allah so i really think we should think before we type. What need would Allah have to decieve when it is Allah who calls to the true & purified path. Deception is used when trying to hide the reality of a situation, what need does the all powerful have to do such a thing when he is not answerable to anyone & nobody can harm him. Allah guide us to his submission Ameen.
    yep. those people can't even read something properly and yet they come to us acting like a big scholar

Quote Originally Posted by asheque mahmud View Post
    'Deceiver', some argue, is the wrong word to use.
    'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/

Quote Originally Posted by NGE View Post
    In translations of the Quran, the word 'plan' or 'planners' is used.

But if you type into google what the OP has said you get answering-islam and Wikiislam; two notorious anti-islamic sites. Quel surprise.

The irony is that the disbelievers self fulfil these verses when they try to cast doubt into the minds of muslims. They plot and plan but indeed, Allah is the best of planners.
    I've had this question on the da'wah stall, calling Allaah a deciever, but it is easily disproved and as you point out the ones who make up this lie only now have a former follower who is angry with being lied to...

indeed Allaah is the best of planners.

Christians tend to be very vague with their quotations. They often know the references they give don'tt really say what they claim it says so they just provide the reference without the quote. You see it a lot with Christians from certain polemical websites.

can someone look at this site. the page is all about this toipic and it says the word makara being translated as deciever can mean deciever, scheme or plan.

*****************************DeceptionInIslam.htm

is it a reliable site?

*****education is important but big biceps are importanter*****

*****KAFFIR

Troll Hunter Supreme Saif-Uddin's Avatar

none of those ayahs say that Allah is the best deceiver.

Al-Quran states Satan as the chief deceiver.

Learn Arabic, and don't swallow the kuffars accusation.
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"O followers of Muhammad! By Allah, if you knew what I know, you would weep much and laugh little."

[Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol. 8, Hadith no. 627]

May Allah ta'ala join our beloved akhi Uncle-Umar (may Allah ta'ala have mercy upon him) with the Shuhada and grant him the Highest station in Jannatul Firdaus

Ameen

https://www.justgiving.com/FoodTruckForSyria/

Quote Originally Posted by SILURES View Post
    can someone look at this site. the page is all about this toipic and it says the word makara being translated as deciever can mean deciever, scheme or plan.

*****************************DeceptionInIslam.htm

is it a reliable site?
    http://corpus.quran.com/wordbyword.j...ter=3&verse=54

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Hassan View Post
    what happened to my site in the link? ill assume then that its not considered a good site lol.

thanks hassan, i look at that now. intersting site.

this is what that site i posted says about the arabic verse

Sura 3:54 says that Allah makara. The Arabic word makara means to deceive, scheme, or plan. The Arabic Bible in Genesis 3:1 uses the same word for Satan. However, the Vand Dyck and Jerusalem Bibles use the root word hayala.

This word "schemer" (maakir) is a very strong word which Wehr and Abdel-Nour define as "sly, cunning, wily". The Arabic-Arabic unjid defines it with khuda`a which means exactly the same thing (by Bill Campbell in his book The Qur'an and the Bible in the Light of History and Science p.217-218).

considering this is off a site that has been added to the sites censor list if its not suitable please delete or ask me to edit it out.
    Last edited by SILURES; 09-03-12 at 04:13 PM.

*****KAFFIR

Quote Originally Posted by SILURES View Post
    what happened to my site in the link? ill assume then that its not considered a good site lol.

thanks hassan, i look at that now. intersting site.

this is what that site i posted says about the arabic verse

considering this is off a site that has been added to the sites censor list if its not suitable please delete or ask me to edit it out.
    SILURES, these sites are a big fake. If your interested I could give you links to Classical Arabic dictionaries like Lisan-al-Arab. You could also look in Jane's lexicon. For the meaning of the particular ayat, you can look in classical tafsirs like that of Ibn Kathir. There have been thousands of Muslims scholars who have been experts in Arabic, if the Qur'an had made such a fundamental mistake - don't you think they would have realized that.

talk about mis-representation.
    "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Hassan View Post
    SILURES, these sites are a big fake. If your interested I could give you links to Classical Arabic dictionaries like Lisan-al-Arab. You could also look in Jane's lexicon. For the meaning of the particular ayat, you can look in classical tafsirs like that of Ibn Kathir. There have been thousands of Muslims scholars who have been experts in Arabic, if the Qur'an had made such a fundamental mistake - don't you think they would have realized that.
    hassan im not saying anyone has made a mistake in any way. or im not trying to be negitive about the ayats meaning.

a site posted a translation of the word and said it can also mean decive as well as plan and scheme. all i asked was is that right because people here are saying it doesnt also mean decieve. i trust you and others here, if you say it doesnt also mean decive ill belive you mate, no need to post proof.

*****KAFFIR

Tafsir ibn kathir

Muhammad bin Ishaq reported from Muhammad bin Ja`far bin Az-Zubayr, from `Urwah bin Az-Zubayr who commented on Allah's statement,

﴿وَيَمْكُرُونَ وَيَمْكُرُ اللَّهُ وَاللَّهُ خَيْرُ الْمَـكِرِينَ﴾

(...they were plotting and Allah too was plotting, and Allah is the best of plotters.) "I (Allah) plotted against them with My sure planning, and I saved you (O Muhammad) from them.''
    Last edited by vicious L; 09-03-12 at 07:41 PM.

At the end i want to say that one of my christian neighbor asked me the Question.I couldn't answer that.
    So why i asked this question like this.So i found some specific talk and information from this.I will inform
    my friend.