Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Tafseer Class, Tafseer Ibn Katheer, Saturday 6:30pm GMT (7:30pm BST/GMT+1) skype: ummahradio Show Details here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Note: All classes are still on the old times of GMT, not GMT +1 a.k.a. BST, with the exception of the Tafseer Class, for that will be done at 7:30pm GMT, or 6:30pm GMT+1/BST

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Love and Hate for the Sake of Allah

Hadith Qudsi 23: On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:

"Allah will say on the Day of Resurrection:

‘Where are those who love one another through My glory? Today I shall give them shade in My shade, it being a day when there is no shade but My shade.’" [It was related by al-Bukhari (also by Malik)]

Narrated Anas: The Prophet said, "Whoever possesses the following three qualities will have the sweetness (delight) of faith: 1. The one to whom Allah and His Apostle becomes dearer than anything else. 2. Who loves a person and he loves him only for Allah's sake. 3. Who hates to revert to Atheism (disbelief) as he hates to be thrown into the fire." (Bukhari :Book#2, Hadith #15)

Abu Huraira reported: The Messenger of Allah (may peace and blessing be upon him) observed: you shall not enter Paradise so long as you do not affirm belief (in all those things which are the articles of faith) and you will not believe as long as you do not love one another. Should I not direct you to a thing which, if you do, will foster love amongst you: (i. e.) give currency to (the practice of paying salutation to oneanother by saying) as-salamu alaikum. (Muslim: Book #001, Hadith #0096)

Narrated Anas: A bedouin came to the Prophet and said, "O Allah's Apostle! When will The Hour be established?" The Prophet said, "Wailaka (Woe to you), What have you prepared for it?" The bedouin said, "I have not prepared anything for it, except that I love Allah and H is Apostle." The Prophet said, "You will be with those whom you love." We (the companions of the Prophet ) said, "And will we too be so? The Prophet said, "Yes." So we became very glad on that day... (Bukhari: Book #73, Hadith #188)

Narrated 'Umar bin Al-Khattab: During the lifetime of the Prophet there was a man called 'Abdullah whose nickname was Donkey, and he used to make Allah's Apostle laugh. The Prophet lashed him because of drinking (alcohol). And one-day he was brought to the Prophet on the same charge and was lashed. On that, a man among the people said, "O Allah, curse him ! How frequently he has been brought (to the Prophet on such a charge)!" The Prophet said, "Do not curse him, for by Allah, I know for he loves Allah and His Apostle."[Volume 8, Book 81, Number 771, Sahih Bukhari)]

[ash-Shifa of Qadi ‘Iyad]: "One of the signs of love for the Prophet [صلیاللہعلیہوسلم] is having compassion for his community, giving them good counsel, striving for their best interests and removing what is harmful from them just as the Prophet [صلیاللہعلیہوسلم] was compassionate and merciful to the believers,"

Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said:"Whoever wants to to love Allaah and His Messenger, then let him read the Mushaf." [ Saheeh al-jaami #6289]

Ibn Taymyya: The more the servant loves his Master, the less will he love other objects and they will decrease in number. The less the servant loves his Master, the more will he love other objects and they will increase in number. [Majmu Fatawa (1/94)]

Allah Azzawajal says

Say: 'If it be that your fathers, your sons, your brothers, your mates, or your kindred; the wealth that ye have gained; the commerce in which ye fear a decline: or the dwellings in which ye delight - are dearer to you than Allah, or His Messenger, or the striving in His cause;- then wait until Allah brings about His decision: and Allah guides not the rebellious." (9:24)

Narrated 'Abdullah bin Hisham: We were with the Prophet and he was holding the hand of 'Umar bin Al-Khattab. 'Umar said to Him, "O Allah's Apostle! You are dearer to me than everything except my own self." The Prophet said, "No, by Him in Whose Hand my soul is, (you will not have complete faith) till I am dearer to you than your own self." Then 'Umar said to him, "However, now, by Allah, you are dearer to me than my own self." The Prophet said, "Now, O 'Umar, (now you are a believer)." (Bukhari: Book #78, Hadith #628)

Ibn qayyim said:“the love of Allah shall not enter a heart which contains the love of this world, except as a camel which passes through the eye of a needle.” The hardened heart

Ibn Taymīyyah said: "The heart will not find complete happiness except by loving Allāh and by striving towards what is dear to Him. It is not possible to achieve this love except by rejecting all things that compete with it. This is what the words, 'There is no god but Allāh' mean; this is the spirit of the deen of Ibrāhīm and of that of every other prophet."

Hadith Qudsi 24: On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said:

"If Allah has loved a servant [of His], He calls Gabriel (on whom be peace) and says: ‘I love So-and-so, therefore love him.’" He (the Prophet - peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "So Gabriel loves him. Then he (Gabriel) calls out in heaven, saying: ‘Allah loves So-and-so, therefore love him.’ And the inhabitants of heaven love him." He (the Prophet - peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "Then acceptance is established for him on earth. And if Allah has abhorred a servant [of His], He calls Gabriel and says: ‘I abhor So-and-so, therefore abhor him.’ So Gabriel abhors him. Then Gabriel calls out to the inhabitants of heaven: ‘Allah abhors So-and-so, therefore abhor him.’" He (the Prophet - peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "So they abhor him, and abhorrence is established for him on earth." [It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, Malik, and at-Tirmidhi)]

the story of khubayb, Khubayb was captured by the kuffar and taken to Mecca; they crucified him.When he was nailed to the cross and the enemies were pointing their weapons at him. They asked him, “Would you rather have Muhammad in your place?”Khubayb said, “I would rather die than have Muhammad’s foot pricked with athorn, and I would give up my life and die to save Muhammad not from death but to save him from the pain of a thorn.”

Imam Anwar Al awlaki comments on the story of Khubayb : this is a sign of victory because this shows how strong the iman of the sahabah RA was, how strong their love for Rasulullah SAW was. So now we see how the mujahideen they love Allah Azzawajal, they love Rasulullah saw and they love the ummah when they are willing to die for the sake of protecting Islam. while other claim that they love Allah and they love Rasulullah by singing and dancing and swirling around and sitting in the comfort of air conditioned and a wide variety of food and celebrations and claiming that this is the love of Rasulullah SAW. How can you dare to say that you love the religion of Allah Azzawajal when you know that the enemy has desecrated the Book of Allah Azzawajal and you do nothing? When you know that they flush down the Quran and you don't pick up your weapon and fight for the sake of Allah Azzawajal. You see Right now we are going through events that show us truth from falsehood, it show us who's telling the Truth and who's lying. You see before it was all gray, you don't know who is telling the truth and who is lying , it is events like this it is jihad fisabilillah that reveals True iman from nifaaq. and we know that the phenomenon of nifaq only appeared in medina it didnt show up in Mecca, because they had jihad in medina. It was through the battles that iman showed up and nifaaq showed up.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) described the believers as being like a single body. He (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The likeness of the believers in their mutual love, mercy and compassion is that of the body; if one part of it complains, the rest of the body joins it in staying awake and suffering fever.” Narrated by Muslim, 2586

Allah Azzawajal says

Indeed there has been an excellent example for you (muslims) in Ibrahim and those with him, when they said to their people: "Verily we are free from you..and whatever you worship besides Allah: we rejected you, and there has started between us and you, hostility and hatred forever until you believe in Allah alone [60:4]

Ibn Abbas reports that the Prophet said, "The strongest bond of faith is loyalty for the sake of Allah and opposition for His sake, love for the sake of Allah and enmity for His sake." Sunan Abu Dawud 40:4582 , and as-Suyuti, al-Jami' as-Saghir, 1/69. Al-Albani classes it as "hassan".

Ibn taimiya said: "The declaration of faith, there is no god but Allah, requires you to love only for the sake of Allah, to hate only for the sake of Allah, to ally yourself only for the sake of Allah, to declare enmity only for the sake of Allah; it requires you to love what Allah loves and to hate what Allah hates." [Ibn Taimiya, al-Ihtijaj bil-Qadar, p.62.]

Ibn Abbas is also reported to have said, "Whoever loves for the sake of Allah, and hates for the sake of Allah, and whoever seals a friendship for His sake, or declares an enmity for His sake, will receive, because of this, the protection of Allah. No one may taste true faith except by this, even if his prayers and fasts are many. People have come to build their relationships around the concerns of the world, but it will not benefit them in any way. [Ibn Rajab al-Hanbali, Jami' al-Ulum wal Hikam, p.30]

Ibn Taymyya: The perfection of tawhid is found when there remains nothing in the heart except Allah, the servant is left loving those He loves and what He loves, hating those He hates and what He hates, showing allegiance to those He has allegiance to, showing enmity to those He shows enmity towards, ordering what He orders and prohibiting what he prohibits. [ibn al-Qayyim, al-madarij (3/485)]

‘Abdullāh b. ‘Umar said: “By Allāh, if I fasted all day without eating, prayed all night without sleeping, spent all of my wealth in the Path of Allāh, died the day I died, but had no love in my heart for those who obey Allāh, and no hatred in my heart for those who disobey Allāh, none of this would benefit me in the least.” [collected in: Imām al-Ghazzālī’s ‘Ihyā ‘Ulūm al-Dīn’ (2/195 onwards)]

‘Abdullāh b. Mas’ūd said: “If a man were to stand for seventy years worshipping Allāh between the Yemeni Corner and the Maqām of Ibrāhim [at the Ka’bah], he would still be resurrected on the Day of Judgement with those whom he loved.” [collected in: Imām al-Ghazzālī’s ‘Ihyā ‘Ulūm al-Dīn’ (2/195 onwards)]

Ibn as-Sammak said, on his deathbed: “O Allāh! You Know that, even if I had disobeyed You, I loved those who obeyed You! So, make this for me a means of nearness to You!” [collected in: Imām al-Ghazzālī’s ‘Ihyā ‘Ulūm al-Dīn’ (2/195 onwards)]

al-Hasan al-Basrī said: “Being harsh against a Fāsiq brings you closer to Allāh – the Exalted.” “[collected in: Imām al-Ghazzālī’s ‘Ihyā ‘Ulūm al-Dīn’ (2/195 onwards)]

Ibn qayyim said: Indeed the more alive a person's heart is, the stronger its anger for the sake of Allah and the more complete his support to Islam and Muslims." (A'alaam al-Muwaqqi'een, volume 2, page 176).

Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said:“Whoever among you sees an evil action, let him change it with his hand [by taking action]; if he cannot, then with his tongue [by speaking out]; and if he cannot, then with his heart [by hating it and feeling that it is wrong] – and that is the weakest of faith” (Narrated by Muslim, 49)

Al-Bayhaqi narrated with a jayyid isnaad from ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Amr that he said: “Whoever settles in the land of the non-Arabs and celebrates their new year and festival and imitates them until he dies in that state, will be gathered with them on the Day of Resurrection.” [1/723-724, أحكامأهلالذمة]
    Last edited by vicious L; 05-03-12 at 08:39 PM.

Re: Love and Hate for the Sake of Allah

Great hadith mashallah.

A much needed thread akhi,

Especially as some Muslims are negligent of Al Wala Wal Barah

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"O followers of Muhammad! By Allah, if you knew what I know, you would weep much and laugh little."

[Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol. 8, Hadith no. 627]

May Allah ta'ala join our beloved akhi Uncle-Umar (may Allah ta'ala have mercy upon him) with the Shuhada and grant him the Highest station in Jannatul Firdaus

Ameen

https://www.justgiving.com/FoodTruckForSyria/

Quote Originally Posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    A much needed thread akhi,

Especially as some Muslims are negligent of Al Wala Wal Barah

neglegence would imply they knew of this concept in the first place, where as most are totally ignorant and this being a matter which many ulema place as one of the key conditions of the shahadah being acceptable.

Quote Originally Posted by abu saalehah View Post
    neglegence would imply they knew of this concept in the first place, where as most are totally ignorant and this being a matter which many ulema place as one of the key conditions of the shahadah being acceptable.
    akhi they may not know of it by name but most of those I was referring to know of it by reading the Quran, I mean many of us know what Allah ta'ala likes and Dislikes/Hates, but pretend otherwise, whether this is due to their inferiority complex or otherwise, allahu alam.

Insha'allah I will be posting examples of Al Wala Wal Bara, I hope the thread is continued and not buried under the numerous useless threads on the forum,

it's high time we all woke up and checked ourselves ...

"O followers of Muhammad! By Allah, if you knew what I know, you would weep much and laugh little."

May Allah ta'ala join our beloved akhi Uncle-Umar (may Allah ta'ala have mercy upon him) with the Shuhada and grant him the Highest station in Jannatul Firdaus

Ameen

In continuation of this Thread,

here is an Example of Baraa/Hatred/Enmity which Allah ta'ala relates to us as an example,

Surat Al-Mumtaĥanah : Ayah 4
    -------------------------------
    Indeed there has been an excellent example for you in Ibrahim (Abraham) and those with him, when they said to their people: "Verily, we are free from you and whatever you worship besides Allah, we have rejected you, and there has started between us and you, hostility and hatred for ever, until you believe in Allah Alone," except the saying of Ibrahim (Abraham) to his father: "Verily, I will ask for forgiveness (from Allah) for you, but I have no power to do anything for you before Allah." Our Lord! In You (Alone) we put our trust, and to You (Alone) we turn in repentance, and to You (Alone) is (our) final Return,

Ameen

Odan

made my day
    DO NOT PRIVATE MESSAGE IF YOU DON'T KNOW ME.

A fighter always smiles Slave4akhirah's Avatar

''If the Qur'an does not change our heart, nothing will.''