The Gift of Islam
Fundraising for a Madrasah in Albania
Reviving a lost generation of Muslims
A critical project for the Muslims of the region as this is the only source of revival and propagation of Islam.
Who are we?
"Rahma (Mercy) charity was founded in 1999 in response to the plight of the refugees from the war in Kosovo.We have since grown and become a registered Charity and an NGO in Kosovo."
With the support of generous donors we have been able to provide support to thousands of people in the poor and needy communities of Kosovo & Albania.
What are we fundraising for?
Target : £10 000 Allah Willing
To sustain a Madrasah in Albania for four years insha’Allah
• A critical project for the Muslims of the region as this is the only source of revival and propagation of Islam.
• Through the establishment of Madrasahs throughout Albania, Islam is once again flourishing in this once communist state.
• Rahma's work continues to help educate the young and old on the importance of religion and living life in a righteous way.
• The impact of this project is beyond measure as so many children can read Qur'an and read their Salat.
• Furthermore, there is a real passion and love for deen and an unquenchable thirst for knowledge.
• The demand for such institutes is on the increase as there are villages in desperate need of Madaaris and this is absolutely essential if Islam is to strengthen in these areas.
• Madrasah students work hard and are rewarded at the end of each academic year with a presentation day and they sing nasheeds and present on topics of their choice.
• The children are then treated to a visit to the national park and enjoy picnics and let off some steam!
• We hope to take delegates to visit these projects so they can see how lives have been changed.
Be a means of this Islamic Revival!
• Rahma would like to encourage our supporters to sponsor a/part of a Madrasah and each Madrasah costs approximately £2500 per year to run.
• This money pays for staff wages, prizes for students and heating and supplies during the winter months
• Each madrasah caters for approximately 30-50 students, Students have madrasah three times a week and it lasts 2 and a half hours each.
Madrasah Sudais 2010 – A case Study
• Madrasah Sudais opened in 2010 and members of the Rahma Team went there personally for the opening. Before the establishment of this mosque, the children lived in pure ignorance, unaware of who their Creator was or who was the Last Prophet May Allah Bless him and grant him peace.
• Six months on and the children confidently recite the Kalimahs and many Du'as and Surahs.
In such a short space of time, the lives of many have been transformed BUT thousands continue to live in a state of ignorance.
Please help to restore the Imaan of our brothers and sisters.
Invest in YOUR Akhira
Giving in charity does not decrease sustenance
Please donate generously insha’Allah