Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Tafseer Class, Tafseer Ibn Katheer, Saturday 6:30pm GMT (7:30pm BST/GMT+1) skype: ummahradio Show Details here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Anyone tried p90x?

MEssage me ^^^

Do not sit idle, for indeed death is seeking you.

Al Hasan Al Basre [RA]

catch me if u can ..... shikran's Avatar

Re: Anyone tried p90x?

whts p90x ?

P90?? In COD yeah :P

power 90 x
    intense working out at home for 180 days, intense diet
    and you get like a six pack
    just search it on youtube, some CRAAAZZZYYY transformations

I've decided to bulk up and learn to fight and stuff to fulfill my Islamic roles, don't know if its suitable for a 13 year old yet tho....

Al Hasan Al Basre [RA]

Odan

the diet is pretty strict. how are you gonna convince your parents that you'll not be eating dahl-chawal for 180 days?

If you're thirteen, then workout regularly and play sports/do cardio. and stay off junk food. during the teen years it is really easy to transform your body for the better.
    please do not ever rep me. jazakallah.

Quote Originally Posted by shafsbhai View Post
    the diet is pretty strict. how are you gonna convince your parents that you'll not be eating dahl-chawal for 180 days?

If you're thirteen, then workout regularly and play sports/do cardio. and stay off junk food. during the teen years it is really easy to transform your body for the better.
    So could I just workout regularly with this play sports no junk food, but still eat curry ()?

Al Hasan Al Basre [RA]

Account Disabled

don't work out yet using weights or machines, you are a bit young, its better for you to just use your body weight. Do things like push-up, chin ups, squats ect...

tried sexpackshortcuts by mike chang. it is amazing program. worth trying/ p90x is not that good
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but silence of our friends.

yea i ordered a chin up bar from das internet

its not really weights and machines, its not traditional work, not gym or anything

I'm gonna start off with those things tho b4 i delve into any workouts>?

Did any of you guys work out when you were my age? What did you guys do? Were did it lead you up to?

Al Hasan Al Basre [RA]

Quote Originally Posted by Abdul25 View Post
    tried sexpackshortcuts by mike chang. it is amazing program. worth trying/ p90x is not that good
    did u read earlier tho?
    I'm not doing for aesthitics and looks I'm doing it to become stronger and be able to defend myself and my family and in the future inshAllah my wife and kids

'sexpackshortcuts' (lol) is not what i want

MoMo and others are resistance bands something good to try out?

JAzkkalh khair for ur help guysd

Al Hasan Al Basre [RA]

Both a waste of time if you wanna bulk up. Done p90x. You will find most reviews and videos left online is by the massive marketing teams the company owns.

As you are 13, all you need to do are compound excercises.

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by 786ridz View Post
    So could I just workout regularly with this play sports no junk food, but still eat curry ()?
    make sure you eat healthy most of the time. if you're exercising regularly, then the excess fats and carbs from eating desi food routinely will be burnt gradually.

Odan

yea i ordered a chin up bar from das internet

its not really weights and machines, its not traditional work, not gym or anything

I'm gonna start off with those things tho b4 i delve into any workouts>?

Did any of you guys work out when you were my age? What did you guys do? Were did it lead you up to?
    Been working out on and off since I was 15. Maybe thirteen is too young for weights and machines, I do not know. I do know kids who did workout when they were thirteen. nothing happened to them. and the 'stunting your growth' thing is a huge misconception.

pushups, pullups, and other such exercises are great.

Quote Originally Posted by shafsbhai View Post
    Been working out on and off since I was 15. Maybe thirteen is too young for weights and machines, I do not know. I do know kids who did workout when they were thirteen. nothing happened to them. and the 'stunting your growth' thing is a huge misconception.

pushups, pullups, and other such exercises are great.
    jzk

Ye inshAllah I'm gonna do all those

Are resistance bands ok? From what I've seen they can build up muscles?

Al Hasan Al Basre [RA]

its name is sixpacksshortcuts but it is not a high level training. it is a less hard work than p90x. i have both programs in my hard drive. i dont know what u want to do. if you dont want to work out in a right why then why to ask??? just run around a little and you will be good
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but silence of our friends.

If you want to eat rice and curry have brown rice with chicken or meat make sure it's not that oily. Also have steak, chicken breast, eggs and anything with protein in it. Don't get protein shake yet as your too young or any other shakes.

Also do compound workouts such as pull ups, chin ups, press ups, diamond or triangle press ups (For triceps) , squats, burpees, hand stand press ups, tricep dips and planks.

Also do jogging everyday if possible and try and get into a boxing class or muay thai class.

Quote Originally Posted by Shahmiah View Post
    If you want to eat rice and curry have brown rice with chicken or meat make sure it's not that oily. Also have steak, chicken breast, eggs and anything with protein in it. Don't get protein shake yet as your too young or any other shakes.

Also do compound workouts such as pull ups, chin ups, press ups, diamond or triangle press ups (For triceps) , squats, burpees, hand stand press ups, tricep dips and planks.

Also do jogging everyday if possible and try and get into a boxing class or muay thai class.
    No shakes ok, what about protein bars to eat after excercising? Boost bars?

Gonna do all those compund workout stuff inshAllah, I'm assuming that develops strength as well as aesthitics(looks) at the same time??

Gonna inshAllah do swimming and tai chai

are resistance bands ok?

Al Hasan Al Basre [RA]

Odan

yeah, they're ok.

No shakes ok, what about protein bars to eat after excercising? Boost bars?

Gonna do all those compund workout stuff inshAllah, I'm assuming that develops strength as well as aesthitics(looks) at the same time??

Gonna inshAllah do swimming and tai chai

are resistance bands ok?
    No protein bars or boost bars for now until you get a bit older. Your in secondary school right? What year? Because I think I started going gym when I was in year 11.

Compound workouts mostly works on strength and will bulk you up but it also develops aesthetics. Look for strength first and inshallah the looks will come as well.

I think boxing would be better than tai chi as it is more relevant for the streets or try going into MMA. I personally love muay thai.

I personally haven't used resistance bands so I wouldn't know. I think you should stick to the compound workouts for now.

brother i will tell you perfect diet plan, that will make your life healthy and you will always feel good about yourself. i always wanted to have perfect diet but got no guidance but after doing sixpackshortcuts program, i know what is right to eat and what is not. i have been on that diet for one month and i feel a lot better than before. only little exercises will put you into shape, no need to do any hard training. just eat good and do some work outs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shahmiah View Post
    No protein bars or boost bars for now until you get a bit older. Your in secondary school right? What year? Because I think I started going gym when I was in year 11.

Compound workouts mostly works on strength and will bulk you up but it also develops aesthetics. Look for strength first and inshallah the looks will come as well.

I think boxing would be better than tai chi as it is more relevant for the streets or try going into MMA. I personally love muay thai.

I personally haven't used resistance bands so I wouldn't know. I think you should stick to the compound workouts for now.
    Year 8, but I wanna start compound workourts and stuff now and machines later, it helps cos I've got a gym in my house and it has stuff that you can use for compound workouts like that thing you use for sit ups

Al Hasan Al Basre [RA]

Yeah do compound work outs and when you get to year 10 start using the machines and then when your in year 11 or 1st year college start using weights only (Non machines).

Your motivation is admirable, mashaAllah.

I think you are too young to do heavy training at 13 years old. let your body develop a little bit. start doing a few press ups, nothing too strenuous.

what does everyone mean by compound work outs? my understanding of that is doing the compound exercises i.e. deadlift, bench press, and squats. i would advise against that at the age of 13. Wait until your 15 before you start.

get into brazilian jiu jitsu. that will give you great functional strength and flexibility.

also get busy on the skipping rope!

Yeah use the skipping rope like wayoflife said.

Compound work outs are multi-joint movements that work several muscles or muscle groups at one time. I don't mean him doing deadlifts and stuff I mean compound body exercises such as pull ups, chin ups, press ups, diamond or triangle press ups (For triceps) , squats, burpees, hand stand press ups, tricep dips and planks.

BJJ is good however I think boxing is more suited for the streets.

الإسلام هو الحياة sis_on_sunnah's Avatar

just to let you know that the p90x dvds have men and women showing their awrah so you wouldn't be able to do it anyway.

just saying
    http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Quote Originally Posted by sis_on_sunnah View Post
    just to let you know that the p90x dvds have men and women showing their awrah so you wouldn't be able to do it anyway.

just saying
    He can still learn what the routine entails without having to look at dvds

Quote Originally Posted by WayOfLife View Post
    Your motivation is admirable, mashaAllah.

I think you are too young to do heavy training at 13 years old. let your body develop a little bit. start doing a few press ups, nothing too strenuous.

what does everyone mean by compound work outs? my understanding of that is doing the compound exercises i.e. deadlift, bench press, and squats. i would advise against that at the age of 13. Wait until your 15 before you start.

get into brazilian jiu jitsu. that will give you great functional strength and flexibility.

also get busy on the skipping rope!
    good advice. i was wondering what they ment by compounds as well?

the resistance bands are a good start at thirteen years of age. itll work the muscles but wont put any load or strain on your joints. TRX suspension trainers are a good buy as well. dozens of exercises you can do with one as well. they cost a bit but you can get copies off ebay that are just as good quality for a fraction of the price. theyll hold your bodyweight no prob. ive got a copy one and im just over 19st.

if you have a gym in your home im assumeing theres a adult there that trains who can give you on the spot advice and help you perfect the form so you avoid injuries.

*****education is important but big biceps are importanter*****

*****KAFFIR

Quote Originally Posted by sis_on_sunnah View Post

just saying
    i was thinking the same, i remember when i started insanity. Damn its a fitnah!

best advise to workout with brothers who are already doing it, they will push you and if your not doing any exercise right theyll correct you

Odan

power 90 x
    intense working out at home for 180 days, intense diet
    and you get like a six pack
    just search it on youtube, some CRAAAZZZYYY transformations

I've decided to bulk up and learn to fight and stuff to fulfill my Islamic roles, don't know if its suitable for a 13 year old yet tho....
    I don't think it is suitable for a 13 year old, in fact anyone who is still growing.

There are some basics that you can follow which can include weight training, martial arts and endurance training.

Firstly what sort of combat sport are you going to follow?

If its boxing, then you will struggle to do any of the other things but it will give you good endurance, combat skills but will not necessarily improve your strength.

If its a high energy martial art, then you can do some strength work as well but it will provide plenty of cardio/endurance training.

A medium energy martial art like judo means you can add on some strength work and some cardio.

If its a low energy martial art (eg aikido) then you have to add plenty of the other two.

Your strength training should be 'full body' training to start and work towards (after a month or two) a split body work out, not the isolated groups of muscles that p90x exercises.

As for a six pack, don't sweat it, you will need plenty of quality food as you establish a solid routine and start to build. Its better to reach 3 months without a 6 pack than have to give up or slow down because you are not fueling your body correctly. When you reach a stage where you understand how your body reacts to the exercise and fitness, then you can go after a 6 pack, if you really want one (which is just a muscular middle region with less fat than you need on it). Some guys struggle to get a 6 pack and some do it easily, I struggled but was gym champion for sit ups!

The things to remember with weight training are don't rush to heavy weights, learn to do the exercise properly first on very very very light weights, correct form reduces injury, warm up fully before you start and start on 20 repetitions of the exercise before increasing the weight slowly.

There is some good reading here:
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbin...e=TeenTraining

The 13 mistakes is a very good one.

http://www.teenbodybuilding.com/rickcutch2.htm

Good routines on this one.
    Last edited by abubakarbristol; 23-02-12 at 01:20 AM.