Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Did the Prophet Muhammed see the Unseen?

Did the Prophet Muhammed see the Unseen? accourding to the Quran it says the Prophet has seen it, I do not how and when and some say he hasnt at all. so what the truth?

"(He Alone) the All-Knower of the Gha'ib (unseen), and He reveals to none His Gha'ib (unseen)." and the next AYAH Except to a Messenger (from mankind) whom He has chosen (He informs him of unseen as much as He likes), and then He makes a band of watching guards (angels) to march before him and behind him. Surat Al-Jinn

This is a part of the news of the Ghaib (unseen, i.e. the news of the past nations of which you have no knowledge) which We inspire you with (O Muhammad SAW). You were not with them, when they cast lots with their pens as to which of them should be charged with the care of Maryam (Mary); nor were you with them when they disputed. Surat 'Āli `Imrān

Allah will not leave the believers in the state in which you are now, until He distinguishes the wicked from the good. Nor will Allah disclose to you the secrets of the Ghaib (unseen), but Allah chooses of His Messengers whom He pleases. So believe in Allah and His Messengers. And if you believe and fear Allah, then for you there is a great reward.Surat 'Āli `Imrān

This is of the news of the unseen which We reveal unto you (O Muhammad SAW), neither you nor your people knew them before this. So be patient. Surely, the (good) end is for the Muttaqun (pious - see V.2:2) Surat Yūsuf

That is from the news of the unseen which We reveal to you, [O Muhammad]. You knew it not, neither you nor your people, before this. So be patient; indeed, the [best] outcome is for the righteous .Surat Hūd
    Last edited by Beblessed; 21-02-12 at 10:09 AM. Reason: ..and the next AYAH not next Surah
    O Allah, I ask You for knowledge that is of benefit, a good provision, and deeds that will be accepted . (Recite in Arabic upon rising in the morning.)

Allaahumma 'innee 'as'aluka 'ilman naafi'an, wa rizqan tayyiban, wa 'amalan mutaqabbalan.

Re: Did the Prophet Muhammed see the Unseen?

I guess its very clear from the verses of the Quraan.
    O Allah, I ask You for knowledge that is of benefit, a good provision, and deeds that will be accepted . (Recite in Arabic upon rising in the morning.)

Allaahumma 'innee 'as'aluka 'ilman naafi'an, wa rizqan tayyiban, wa 'amalan mutaqabbalan.

Lost in the journey ... Brother Hassan's Avatar

The Prophet Muhammad knows that much from the unseen as Allah as revealed to him.

As far as I know, Ibn Abbas RA narration says he SAW saw Allah. Aisha RA narration mentions he didn't see Allah on the night journey.

Wallahu Alam.
    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.
    وَقَالَ رَبُّكُمُ ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ

Alhamdulilah'AlaKulliHaal Hayaa's Avatar

Ummul mumineen 'Aae'sha was asked by a taabi'oon named Masrouq, if Prophet Muhammad had seen his Lord, she replied, "My hair is standing on end because of what you have asked! Whoever tells you that Muhammad saw his Lord has lied!" [Saheeh Muslim, vol. 1, 337 & 339]

Abu Dharr asked the Prophet if he saw his Lord, the Prophet replied, "There was only light, how could I see Him." [Saheeh Muslim, vol. 1, 341]

The Prophet on another occasion explained the significance of the light and that it was not Allah himself, saying, "Verily Allah does not sleep nor is it befitting for Him to sleep. He is the One who lowers the scales and raises them. The deeds of the night go up to Him before the deeds of the day and those of the day before those of the night, and His veil is light." [ reported by Abu Moosa al-Ash'aree and collected by Muslim, vol. 1, 343]

Quote Originally Posted by .mirror. View Post
    As far as I know, Ibn Abbas RA narration says he SAW saw Allah. Aisha RA narration mentions he didn't see Allah on the night journey.
    Wallahu Alam.
    حَسْبُنَا اللَّهُ وَ نِعْمَ الْوَكِيلُ

The Prophet has seen the unseen its stated in the Quran, as in how much we dont know. Only what Allaah azawajal revealed to him.

Narrated Abu Dhar:

Allah's Apostle said, "While I was at Mecca the roof of my house was opened and Gabriel descended, opened my chest, and washed it with Zam-zam water. Then he brought a golden tray full of wisdom and faith and having poured its contents into my chest, he closed it. Then he took my hand and ascended with me to the nearest heaven, when I reached the nearest heaven, Gabriel said to the gatekeeper of the heaven, 'Open (the gate).' The gatekeeper asked, 'Who is it?' Gabriel answered: 'Gabriel.' He asked, 'Is there anyone with you?' Gabriel replied, 'Yes, Muhammad I is with me.' He asked, 'Has he been called?' Gabriel said, 'Yes.' So the gate was opened and we went over the nearest heaven and there we saw a man sitting with some people on his right and some on his left. When he looked towards his right, he laughed and when he looked toward his left he wept. Then he said, 'Welcome! O pious Prophet and pious son.' I asked Gabriel, 'Who is he?' He replied, 'He is Adam and the people on his right and left are the souls of his offspring. Those on his right are the people of Paradise and those on his left are the people of Hell and when he looks towards his right he laughs and when he looks towards his left he weeps.'

Then he ascended with me till he reached the second heaven and he (Gabriel) said to its gatekeeper, 'Open (the gate).' The gatekeeper said to him the same as the gatekeeper of the first heaven had said and he opened the gate. Anas said: "Abu Dhar added that the Prophet met Adam, Idris, Moses, Jesus and Abraham, he (Abu Dhar) did not mention on which heaven they were but he mentioned that he (the Prophet ) met Adarn on the nearest heaven and Abraham on the sixth heaven. Anas said, "When Gabriel along with the Prophet passed by Idris, the latter said, 'Welcome! O pious Prophet and pious brother.' The Prophet asked, 'Who is he?' Gabriel replied, 'He is Idris." The Prophet added, "I passed by Moses and he said, 'Welcome! O pious Prophet and pious brother.' I asked Gabriel, 'Who is he?' Gabriel replied, 'He is Moses.' Then I passed by Jesus and he said, 'Welcome! O pious brother and pious Prophet.' I asked, 'Who is he?' Gabriel replied, 'He is Jesus.

Then I passed by Abraham and he said, 'Welcome! O pious Prophet and pious son.' I asked Gabriel, 'Who is he?' Gabriel replied, 'He is Abraham. The Prophet added, 'Then Gabriel ascended with me to a place where I heard the creaking of the pens." Ibn Hazm and Anas bin Malik said: The Prophet said, "Then Allah enjoined fifty prayers on my followers when I returned with this order of Allah, I passed by Moses who asked me, 'What has Allah enjoined on your followers?' I replied, 'He has enjoined fifty prayers on them.' Moses said, 'Go back to your Lord (and appeal for reduction) for your followers will not be able to bear it.' (So I went back to Allah and requested for reduction) and He reduced it to half. When I passed by Moses again and informed him about it, he said, 'Go back to your Lord as your followers will not be able to bear it.' So I returned to Allah and requested for further reduction and half of it was reduced. I again passed by Moses and he said to me: 'Return to your Lord, for your followers will not be able to bear it. So I returned to Allah and He said, 'These are five prayers and they are all (equal to) fifty (in reward) for My Word does not change.' I returned to Moses and he told me to go back once again. I replied, 'Now I feel shy of asking my Lord again.' Then Gabriel took me till we '' reached Sidrat-il-Muntaha (Lote tree of; the utmost boundry) which was shrouded in colors, indescribable. Then I was admitted into Paradise where I found small (tents or) walls (made) of pearls and its earth was of musk." Volume 1, Book 8, Number 345: Sahih Bukhari

http://www.sultan.org/books/bukhari/008.htm
    Last edited by Beblessed; 21-02-12 at 01:45 PM.

It is narrated on the authority of Ibn ‘Abbas that he the Holy Prophet saw Allah with his heart. (Sahih Muslim, Book 001, Number 0334)

the Prophet didn't see Allaah azawajal with his eyes but with his heart, and Allaah knows best.

Allah knows best. My teacher said Ibn Abbas narrated Rasulullah saw Allah. I don't think we can just take an English translation of a hadith, esp. when it comes to a matter this complicated. Best to refer to a scholar.
    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.

If you don't understand an ayah try reading it's tafsir from ibn kathir

Www.quranexplorer.com has the tafsir of ibn kathir

Allah knows best. My teacher said Ibn Abbas narrated Rasulullah saw Allah. I don't think we can just take an English translation of a hadith, esp. when it comes to a matter this complicated. Best to refer to a scholar.
    i'll take the meaning of saw with heart the true meaning of the hadith and how etc I will leave that to Allaah azawajal, once you have a different belief is very dangerous, I did learn on isra wal miraaj at very young age I remember some and some dont.
    and Allaah knows best

Odan

The Messenger of Allah saw how much Allah had shown him of the Unseen. That is the Sound Aqeedah of Ahlul Sunnah

The crazy people out there say that the Messenger of Allah saw all of the unseen and can see the unseen at will. He couldn't, neither could any other Prophet or Messnger. This is reserved for Allah only and he shows/allows his Prophets to see portions to his when need be.

Ultimate knowledge of ilm'ul ghyab (the unseen) and the only one who can see it at will is Allah. Everyone else cannot see it, with the Prophets (only) being allowed to see Portions that Allah wanted to show them (such as who is in hellfire, etc etc)
    Last edited by Glow; 24-02-12 at 04:56 AM.

Allah Knows Best.

What my teacher said is that Ibn Abbas's (RA) narration is taken because Aisha (RA) was young at that time and Ibn Abbas (RA) was an adult. So, chances of him getting it correct is higher.

Again, Wallahu alam.

Odan

Allah Knows Best.

What my teacher said is that Ibn Abbas's (RA) narration is taken because Aisha (RA) was young at that time and Ibn Abbas (RA) was an adult. So, chances of him getting it correct is higher.

Again, Wallahu alam.
    This issue is a issue of legitimate difference of opinion. But what I was referring to when I said he never saw everything of the unseen or had total ilm ul'ghayb was the unseen as in everything that has ever happen and will ever happen. He only was allowed to see the portions Allah allowed him to see (just like every other prophet) not everything nor did he have teh ability to see the ilm ul'ghyab at will.

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by satandictatedqu View Post
    Satan, posing as the archangel Gabriel, dictates the Qur'an to Muhammad. Satan uses this new religious doctrine in an attempt to destroy the message of the Messiah and mankind's link with God. Pitting this new religion, void of all characteristics known both to the Jews and Christians, against Christianity, this deception would be the greatest threat ever known to mankind for many religious wars would not only define the new religion but continue still.
    Using the Old and New Testaments, as well as the Qur'an, this detailed book examines Satan's planned destruction of mankind and his attempt to refute God's covenant with Abraham, regarding Abraham's son and the Son of Man. This book will take the reader on a journey of discovery but end with one clear focus in mind, that God is, has always been, and continues to be in control.
    There is a bibliography at the end of the book to help guide the reader along this journey of discovery.

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/128938
    Im pretty sure your thinking of Paul, originally known as Saul who was a liar, a Thief and a persecutor of the Christians but one day he claims that god came to him in a dream and he Saw Jesus so now he has completely changed his way and he then preceded to come in and introduce new theological concepts that Jesus never taught and even brought in some things that are contradictory to what Jesus was teaching and finally, had a major fight with the other disciples (you know, the ones that actually lived with Jesus, whitch he has done neither) who were angry with him for changing and introducing new things eventually leading to a splitting between them. Modern Christianity up until today (with the exception of a few odd sects here and there) has been primarily based on Pauline Christianity and NOT what the other disciples (again, the ones who actually lived with Jesus and spoke to him directly) said about Jesus and sometimes not even what Jesus said about himself.

This is well known history that can be found within your own texts.

Yeahhh, that authority structure.......makes perfect sense. Looks like whatever Pauls intentions were, (to destroy Christianity from the inside by diverting it away from what the disciples were preaching and what Jesus preached) he succeeded.

http://muslim-responses.com/Paul_VS_...the_Disciples_
    Last edited by Glow; 25-02-12 at 04:40 AM.

Allah Knows Best.

Again, Wallahu alam.
    dont get me wrong, I do believe what the Prophet heart saw Allaah Azawajal i dont just dwell into as in 'HOW' etc.

Al-Mi`raj (the Ascent through the heavens) The Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, was taken by night and ascended in his bodily form, while awake, through the heavens, to whatever heights Allah willed for him. Allah ennobled him in the way that He ennobled him and revealed to him what He revealed to him, “and his heart was not mistaken about what it saw” (al-Najm 53:11). Allah blessed him and granted him peace in this world and the next.

Troll Hunter Supreme Saif-Uddin's Avatar

I'm confused here,

what exactly is the Issue?

Did someone claim that Nabi Knows the Unseen?

Almost all the Muslims know that whatever the Nabiyeen knows is the limited knowledge that Allah ta'ala has conveyed to them, through Revelation.

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"O followers of Muhammad! By Allah, if you knew what I know, you would weep much and laugh little."

[Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol. 8, Hadith no. 627]

May Allah ta'ala join our beloved akhi Uncle-Umar (may Allah ta'ala have mercy upon him) with the Shuhada and grant him the Highest station in Jannatul Firdaus

Ameen

https://www.justgiving.com/FoodTruckForSyria/

Did prophet SAW see Allah?

Did prophet SAW see Allah?
    Does any authentic Ahadith say that he Saw Allah ta'ala?

"O followers of Muhammad! By Allah, if you knew what I know, you would weep much and laugh little."

May Allah ta'ala join our beloved akhi Uncle-Umar (may Allah ta'ala have mercy upon him) with the Shuhada and grant him the Highest station in Jannatul Firdaus

Ameen

Yes.

Yes.
    whats the problem then?

Ameen

deleted
    Where there are no Ulemah(Scholars) there are many Muftis.

I
    deal System of Living for All Mankind .

Say (O Messenger): "I do not say to you, I have with me the treasures of Allah, nor do I know the unseen, nor do I say to you that I am an angel; I do not follow aught save that which is revealed to me". Say: "Are the blind and the seeing one alike? Do you not then reflect"? [6:50]

And I do not say to you that I have the treasures of Allah and I do not know the unseen, nor do I say that I am an angel, nor do I say about those whom your eyes hold in mean estimation (that) Allah will never grant them (any) good-- Allah knows best what is in their souls-- for then most surely I should be of the unjust.[11:31]

Say (O Messenger): "I do not control any benefit or harm for my own soul except as Allah please; and had I known the unseen I would have had much of good and no evil would have touched me; I am nothing but a warner and the giver of good news to a people who believe". [7:188]

And they say: "Why is not a sign sent to him from his Lord?" Say: "The unseen is only for Allah; therefore wait-- surely I too, with you am of those who wait."[10:20]Say: "No one in the heavens and the earth knows the unseen but Allah; and they do not know when they shall be raised." [27:65]

Say: "I do not know whether that with which you are threatened be nigh or whether my Lord will appoint for it a term" [72:25]

The Knower of the unseen! so He does not reveal His secrets to any, [72:26]

Except to him whom He chooses as a messenger; for surely He makes a guard to march before him and after him, [72:27]

The Prophet (a.s.) only knew that much Al-Ghaib which was revealed to him in the Quran. See the following verse:These are announcements relating to the unseen which We reveal to you, you did not know them-- (neither) you nor your people-- before this; therefore be patient; surely the end is for those who guard (against evil).[11:49]

I

Yes.
    Can you post the hadith please?

I dont see why you lot are so close minded .

Yes he Saydina Mu7ammad صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم was given knowledge of the unseen by Allah SWT to complete his mission obviously DUH ! muslims !

common sense

Brains people brains use

Odan

Does the Heaven and Hell form part of the Unseen?

If so, isn't there a Sahih al-Bukhari hadith detailing the Prophets night journey on Buraq, along with Angel Gabriel, where he saw various levels of Heaven and the Hell?

Quote Originally Posted by Vishnu View Post

If so, isn't there a Sahih al-Bukhari hadith detailing the Prophets night journey on Buraq, along with Angel Gabriel, where he saw various levels of Heaven and the Hell?
    I can think of 100's more - but no life to the eyes you are typing .

Prophet is special. Regular Muslims haven't seen it, but we believe they exists.

yes,

so Do the Angels(as) including Archangel Jibril(as) who's True form was seen by Muhammad ...

Allah ta'ala revealed what he wished of the Unseen to the Nabiyeen(as) ... whatever knowledge they have of it is limited.

regards

Ameen

Quote Originally Posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    yes,

so Do the Angels(as) including Archangel Jibril(as) who's True form was seen by Muhammad ...

Allah ta'ala revealed what he wished of the Unseen to the Nabiyeen(as) ... whatever knowledge they have of it is limited.

regards
    In the case of sayidina Mu7ammad PBUH it was more since he PBUH was sent as a mercy to the worlds , and to all mankind and Khatam Al Mursaleen .

Dont under estimate your prophet PBUH .

u seem to know an awful lot about islam for a hindu

may Allah guide u amin
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Slightly off topic but i find it sooooooo frustrating that there so so much evidence from Qur'an n the sunnah to indicate that the Prophet peace be upon him did NOT have full knowledge of the unseen, did not know ANYTHING of the unseen EXCEPT that which Allah willed and yet and yet we still have imbeciles that rank the Prophet peace be upon him almost as high as they rank Allah subhanAllah. They manipulate evidence, make up tall tales and just totally go off track, then not only do they do this with the Prophets peace be upon them, they transfer this onto their saints and awliyah!!!! aaarrrrgh!

↑Who are they?

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    ?
    Narrated Masruq (RA):

'Aisha (RA) said, "If anyone tells you that Muhammad (SAW) has seen his Lord, he is a liar, for Allah (SWT) says: 'No vision can grasp Him.' And if anyone tells you that Muhammad (SAW) knows the Unseen, he is a liar, for Allah (SWT) says: "None has the knowledge of the Unseen but Allah (SWT) ."
    (Saheeh Al Bukhari Volume 9, Book 93, Hadith No. 477)
    Last edited by Hafsah1; 27-02-12 at 09:57 PM.

4,534,329,626th person Glorfindel's Avatar

The unseen is a group of things that you believe in but you do not have direct perceptual knowledge about for example; Angels, do we 'see' them? No. Do you believe in them? Yes - that is why they are part of the unseen.

As far as the Prophet صلى الله عليه و سلم is concerned whatever of the unseen he was given privy to by Allah is part of the revelation for us, if there is anything that he knew about the unseen and he didn't inform us of then we couldn't say either way. We do know there was a number of things which he had no knowledge of for example the Day of Judgement, the time of this is solely with Allah and it is part of the unseen, so the prophet (saw) didn't know about this and so the unseen (it's entirety) is known only by Allah and some of this was given to the Prophet
    صلى الله عليه و سلم by Allah and some of it was not - that which we know of that was revealed to him is revelation that which was not is part of the unseen;

قُل لَّآ أَقُولُ لَكُمۡ عِندِى خَزَآٮِٕنُ ٱللَّهِ وَلَآ أَعۡلَمُ ٱلۡغَيۡبَ وَلَآ أَقُولُ لَكُمۡ إِنِّى مَلَكٌ*ۖ إِنۡ أَتَّبِعُ إِلَّا مَا يُوحَىٰٓ إِلَىَّ*ۚ قُلۡ هَلۡ يَسۡتَوِى ٱلۡأَعۡمَىٰ وَٱلۡبَصِيرُ ۚ أَفَلَا تَتَفَكَّرُونَ - سورة الاٴنعام أية ٥٠

Say [O Muhammad!]: I do not say to you that I have the treasures of Allah nor that I know the unseen. And I do not say to you that I am an angel. I only follow what is revealed to me. Say [O Muhammad!]: Are the blind and the seeing equal? Do you not think? [TMQ 6:50]

I hope this helps.
    ألإخواننا والموت قد حال دوننا، وللموت حكم نافذ في الخلائق
    سبقتكم للموت والعمرطية وأعلم أن الكل لا بد لاحقي
    بعيشكم أو باضطجاعي في الثرى، ألم تك في صفو من العيش الرائق؟
    فمن مر بي فليمض بي مترحما ولا يك منسيا وفاء الأصادق

saw some posts the other day where ppl claimed that someone had died and it was known they went straight to jannah for doing darood because someone had a dream about it.

if rasooAllah didnt even know the unseen but what Allah ta ala had revealed to him during his lifetime, then how can someone possibly know who is in jannah and why from a dream.
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Did the Prophet see Allaah? Read here
    "..And verily for everything that a slave loses there is a substitute, but the one who loses Allah will never find anything to replace Him."
    [Related by Ibn al-Qayyim in ad-D' wad-Daw Fasl 49]

Quote Originally Posted by ya akhi View Post
    Can you post the hadith please?
    The Prophet – Allah bless and greet him – saw Allah before death [GH1] as is the doctrine of the major*ity of Ahl al-Sunna thus related from al-Nawawi by al-Qari.[11] The evidence for this is the hadith of Ibn ‘Abbas whereby the Prophet – Allah bless and greet him – said: “I saw my Lord” (ra’aytu rabb).[12] Ibn Kathir cited it in his commentary on Sura al-Najm and declared its chain sound, but considered it part of the hadith of the dream cited below. Ibn al-Qayyim [see excerpt below] relates that Imam Ahmad considered such sight to be in the Prophet’s – Allah bless and greet him – sleep but remains a true sight – as the dreams of Prophets are true – and that some of the Imam’s companions mis*ta*kenly attributed to him the position that the Prophet – Allah bless and greet him – saw his Lord “with the eyes of his head.”[13]

http://www.sunnipath.com/Library/Art...R00000205.aspx

My teacher said that scholars differ on this matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Curim View Post
    Say (O Messenger): "I do not say to you, I have with me the treasures of Allah, nor do I know the unseen, nor do I say to you that I am an angel; I do not follow aught save that which is revealed to me". Say: "Are the blind and the seeing one alike? Do you not then reflect"? [6:50]

And I do not say to you that I have the treasures of Allah and I do not know the unseen, nor do I say that I am an angel, nor do I say about those whom your eyes hold in mean estimation (that) Allah will never grant them (any) good-- Allah knows best what is in their souls-- for then most surely I should be of the unjust.[11:31]

Say (O Messenger): "I do not control any benefit or harm for my own soul except as Allah please; and had I known the unseen I would have had much of good and no evil would have touched me; I am nothing but a warner and the giver of good news to a people who believe". [7:188]

And they say: "Why is not a sign sent to him from his Lord?" Say: "The unseen is only for Allah; therefore wait-- surely I too, with you am of those who wait."[10:20]Say: "No one in the heavens and the earth knows the unseen but Allah; and they do not know when they shall be raised." [27:65]

Say: "I do not know whether that with which you are threatened be nigh or whether my Lord will appoint for it a term" [72:25]

The Knower of the unseen! so He does not reveal His secrets to any, [72:26]

Except to him whom He chooses as a messenger; for surely He makes a guard to march before him and after him, [72:27]

The Prophet (a.s.) only knew that much Al-Ghaib which was revealed to him in the Quran. See the following verse:These are announcements relating to the unseen which We reveal to you, you did not know them-- (neither) you nor your people-- before this; therefore be patient; surely the end is for those who guard (against evil).[11:49]]
    you answered your question,

btw did you add that yourself 'The Prophet (a.s.) only knew that much Al-Ghaib which was revealed to him in the Quran.' ?? see the above hadith in saheeh bukhari when Angel Jibreel alaihi salaam takes the Prophet to the heavens. isnt that the unseen ??

Except to a Messenger (from mankind) whom He has chosen (He informs him of unseen as much as He likes), and then He makes a band of watching guards (angels) to march before him and behind him. [72:27]

That is from the news of the unseen which We reveal to you, [O Muhammad]. You knew it not, neither you nor your people, before this. So be patient; indeed, the [best] outcome is for the righteous .[11:49] Surat Hūd
    Last edited by Beblessed; 28-02-12 at 08:52 AM.

Odan

If you mean as the Unseen like he saw parts jannah and Jahanam, parts of the future, parts of the past some angels and some Jinn all with the premission of Allah then yes, it is the Ahlul Sunnah wal Jammah aqeedah to believe this.

If you been, like in the poem of gaseddahtul buurda that people recite every mawlid or something where they say only part of his(the Prophets) knowledge is the preserved Tablet and the pen, which is everything Allah decreed (basically, that’s everything that has happened, is happening and is going to happen in this world and there hereafter and in the world of the jinn and in any other world down to the last Snow flake drop) then that is shirk and no he did not.
    Last edited by Glow; 28-02-12 at 05:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beblessed View Post
    you answered your question,

btw did you add that yourself 'The Prophet (a.s.) only knew that much Al-Ghaib which was revealed to him in the Quran.' ?? see the above hadith in saheeh bukhari when Angel Jibreel alaihi salaam takes the Prophet to the heavens. isnt that the unseen ??

Except to a Messenger (from mankind) whom He has chosen (He informs him of unseen as much as He likes), and then He makes a band of watching guards (angels) to march before him and behind him. [72:27]

That is from the news of the unseen which We reveal to you, [O Muhammad]. You knew it not, neither you nor your people, before this. So be patient; indeed, the [best] outcome is for the righteous .[11:49] Surat Hūd
    I think it was an error as there were instances were He was informed of the Enemy trying to kill him .

As Allah's Messenger He knew things which are not known to common Muslims and that is by Allah's will . The point being made is there are millions who under the influence of their Shaykhs claim He knew everything .

Now , that is disproved by the Quranic verses . Allah's Rasul knew only as much as was revealed by Allah (swt) some of them besides the Quran too .

I