Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

شهيد إن شاء الله

need an arabic tutor asap

salam.

i need an arabic tutor asap for learning conversational arabic.
    And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Re: need an arabic tutor asap

Please contact me at gamal@muslim-academy.com or look at my site muslim-academy.com.

شهيد إن شاء الله

jazakAllah khair. check your email when you get the chance.
    And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

sponsor an orphan

Umar

Apparently there is someone (Saudi?) downtown doing this at a masjid; he's either at the one in gayville (I forget the name, you know, the one by the sex shop) or the one off Dundas Square (the small one over a shop).

Wow I'm really clear and concise. :/

Anyway I think they're free classes so it might be well worth checking.

Also we have very simple basic for new Muslims at Masjid Toronto, but we only meet every other Saturday and it's like alif baa taa stuff.

Finally there are tonnes of Arab brothers around Dundas Square every weekend and I could ask my girlfriend to ask her brother to see if anyone is willing to work on an exchange, i.e. you help with their English, they help with your Arabic; I'm well certain you could find many offers like this. If you pair this with an actual class I think it would work well.

PM me if you're interested.

EDIT: Just check on who is teaching you because Arabic varies from region to region and some areas are quite different than others. So for example:

Syria, Lebannon, Jordan - similar
    Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi - similar
    Morocco, Algeria, Libya - similar
    Egypt - a world of it's own

Foos-ha Arabic is the formal Arabic that all Arabic nations share. No one speaks this way except Professors, Shayook, TV and newprint journalists, etc. But everyone understands it. So depending on your plans, it can be best to learn this, and then adopt the dialect later, although it's a bit tougher. Egyptian dialect is popular throughout the region due to media (most Arabic movies for a long time were Egyptian) so most people will understand you if you learn that dialect as well.

I had a good teacher for a while, an Iraqi Christian woman (downtown) who was teaching me foos-ha, but she's very expensive, and I just couldn't afford to keep going :/
    Last edited by Juvegirl; 21-02-12 at 08:25 PM.
    "Do not let your hatred of a people incite you to aggression." Qur'an 5:2

شهيد إن شاء الله

i dont wanna goto a place in queer town, i have to work in that area at night time.

some things, you just cant unsee. but no i dont know the sex shop....i generally dont notice these things.

im doing the madina arabic books alhamdulilah, and i can read and stuff i just need to work on fusha.

however i am very interested in the exchange thing. that seems good.

sponsor an orphan

Quote Originally Posted by uncle umar View Post
    i dont wanna goto a place in queer town, i have to work in that area at night time.

some things, you just cant unsee. but no i dont know the sex shop....i generally dont notice these things.

im doing the madina arabic books alhamdulilah, and i can read and stuff i just need to work on fusha.

Okay so the other masjid is like Abu Bakr? or something like this, kinda between Ryerson and Dundas Square.

Yeah, I haven't been to the one in gay ville, just too much for me, but I've seen it and took a photo b/c it was too weird. Located above a Money Mart or some such. I've had a few sisters try to get me to start going there but - no can do.

I'll likely talk to my gf today, so I'll ask her to get on this ASAP for you re: the exchange, and I think she knows the guy giving the lessons at the masjid (whichever one it is) so I'll try to firm that up too inshallah.

شهيد إن شاء الله

plz just call it church st...

sponsor an orphan

sigh. If I must.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvegirl View Post
    :

Apparently there is someone (Saudi?) downtown doing this at a masjid; he's either at the one in gayville (I forget the name, you know, the one by the sex shop) or the one off Dundas Square (the small one over a shop).
    wow

you guys live in a really disturbing place.

Inshallah not working there today.
    "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History

Abu Bakr Mosque is in Scarborough.
    Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
    فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Odan

I would continue with the madinah books. Are you doing them with the videos? If you live in the GTA I believe there are quite a lot of classes held using these books.

You should visit lqtoronto forums and see if there are any teachers available I know they have a section just for GTA.

Also I believe your goal for learning arabic is to understand the Quran and other islamic sciences so be very careful with choosing a tutor. Unfortunately many people mix fusha with their dialect so it can throw you off. Try to find a teacher that is strong in fusha insha'Allah.

شهيد إن شاء الله

Quote Originally Posted by cho09082489 View Post
    wow

you guys live in a really disturbing place.
    there is a reason why i want to leave this place. you know, it even gets worse but Allah commands us not to speak of jagw so i wont go any further. but i work in those areas of town so you kind of cant not see the garbage and filth.

sponsor an orphan

شهيد إن شاء الله

Umar

Wow I'm really clear and concise. :/

Anyway I think they're free classes so it might be well worth checking.

Also we have very simple basic for new Muslims at Masjid Toronto, but we only meet every other Saturday and it's like alif baa taa stuff.

Finally there are tonnes of Arab brothers around Dundas Square every weekend and I could ask my girlfriend to ask her brother to see if anyone is willing to work on an exchange, i.e. you help with their English, they help with your Arabic; I'm well certain you could find many offers like this. If you pair this with an actual class I think it would work well.

PM me if you're interested.

EDIT: Just check on who is teaching you because Arabic varies from region to region and some areas are quite different than others. So for example:

Syria, Lebannon, Jordan - similar
    Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi - similar
    Morocco, Algeria, Libya - similar
    Egypt - a world of it's own

Foos-ha Arabic is the formal Arabic that all Arabic nations share. No one speaks this way except Professors, Shayook, TV and newprint journalists, etc. But everyone understands it. So depending on your plans, it can be best to learn this, and then adopt the dialect later, although it's a bit tougher. Egyptian dialect is popular throughout the region due to media (most Arabic movies for a long time were Egyptian) so most people will understand you if you learn that dialect as well.

I had a good teacher for a while, an Iraqi Christian woman (downtown) who was teaching me foos-ha, but she's very expensive, and I just couldn't afford to keep going :/
    yes i know fusha isint what the common people speak and all that, but i need to have the solid base. the brother is egyptian however he claims to not teach dialects. i have a free lesson on saturday inshallah so i have good expectation with Allah that things will work out.

sponsor an orphan

yes i know fusha isint what the common people speak and all that, but i need to have the solid base. the brother is egyptian however he claims to not teach dialects. i have a free lesson on saturday inshallah so i have good expectation with Allah that things will work out.
    I agree, I prefer to learn foos-ha as well.

I didn't speak to my gf last night but will tonight inshallah. Haven't forgotten you.

Everyone claims to not teach dialects. EVERYONE. You have to be really careful. Inshallah if you can get teamed up with someone who does speak Arabic to review what you're learning they will be able to tell you.

For example, if he pronounces the letter jeem like the English "g" in "get" you know you're not getting foos-ha.

And yeah, there are great things about Toronto, and mashallah a lot of resources and a lot of Muslims, but I'm "with" Umar; I am ready to leave inshallah, just working on the details.

شهيد إن شاء الله

Quote Originally Posted by Excuse_me View Post
    I would continue with the madinah books. Are you doing them with the videos? If you live in the GTA I believe there are quite a lot of classes held using these books.

You should visit lqtoronto forums and see if there are any teachers available I know they have a section just for GTA.

Also I believe your goal for learning arabic is to understand the Quran and other islamic sciences so be very careful with choosing a tutor. Unfortunately many people mix fusha with their dialect so it can throw you off. Try to find a teacher that is strong in fusha insha'Allah.
    ya im doing them with the vids

sponsor an orphan

there is a reason why i want to leave this place. you know, it even gets worse but Allah commands us not to speak of jagw so i wont go any further. but i work in those areas of town so you kind of cant not see the garbage and filth.
    I agree, I prefer to learn foos-ha as well.

I didn't speak to my gf last night but will tonight inshallah. Haven't forgotten you.

Everyone claims to not teach dialects. EVERYONE. You have to be really careful. Inshallah if you can get teamed up with someone who does speak Arabic to review what you're learning they will be able to tell you.

For example, if he pronounces the letter jeem like the English "g" in "get" you know you're not getting foos-ha.

And yeah, there are great things about Toronto, and mashallah a lot of resources and a lot of Muslims, but I'm "with" Umar; I am ready to leave inshallah, just working on the details.
    La hawla wala qowwata illa billah ...this town sounds like bad news ..allah save you from the evil there guys , Ameen.
    Jannah is my aim

شهيد إن شاء الله

ameen.

sponsor an orphan

Assalamu Alaykom, I'm Egyptian Arabic Teacher. I think I can help. Please contact me arabic_teachereg@yahoo.com