Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Mustalahul Hadeeth & Hanafi Fiqh Class with Abu Mus'ab Tuesday from 7:30PM GMT (8:30pm BST) skype: ummahradio Show Details here. - And here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Pig's blood in refined sugar?!

Yes it's true, in the western countries such as America and Canada the refined sugar has pigs blood in it.

If you don't believe me then here :http://dherbs.com/articles/sugar-addiction-409.html

شهيد إن شاء الله

Re: Pig's blood in refined sugar?!

warning:\

nearly naked women in article.

on topic: inna lilahi wa inna lilayhi rajioon i just had a cup of tea.

subhanAllah nothing in this country is halal. ive done had it man. i cant even have a cup of tea now lol.
    And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Odan

Salam,
    This is what I found from muslim consumer group:

"is sugar has any kind of pork or gelatin in it form the pones - Anonymous user

AOA Bone char is used to make the sugar white. Bone Char is obtained from only cattle bones after burning them to ashes. Ash from cattle bones is Halal according to ulema because it is a case of Tabdeele Mahiya in which the original bones changed to a new thing such as ash and its name is also change from bones to ash or bone char.
    Category: Archive01-30-10 00:00:00"

http://www.muslimconsumergroup.com/q...at=1&panna=802

This is for the US. I don't know if its different in other countries, but inshallah in the US sugar is ok

شهيد إن شاء الله

still trying to verify the blood thing.
    And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

sponsor an orphan

Oh I'm sorry for not warning you guys about the revealing women in the article.

شهيد إن شاء الله

i have some doubt about the pig blood thing im will call tomorrow inshallah and ask them personally however i dident know that refined sugar is bad for health either.

seems that weather or not its halal, its still not good for you.

sponsor an orphan

Oh ok, can you please tell me what they said once you have called them.

شهيد إن شاء الله

ya i will post here inshallah.

sponsor an orphan

Im a sugar obsessed person, so this doesnt look good at all, how am I supposed to drink my coffees and cappuccinos now? I hope it is false alert
    My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
    Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

u must use sugar cane sticks as ur source of sugar now.

شهيد إن شاء الله

Quote Originally Posted by Massilia View Post
    Im a sugar obsessed person, so this doesnt look good at all, how am I supposed to drink my coffees and cappuccinos now? I hope it is false alert
    the coffe in jennah is better.

also you can use honey or unrefined sugar if its avalible in your country.

sponsor an orphan

Well refined sugar is totally unhealthy and unnatural anyway. The only naturally refined sugar is honey and that's healthy (although if you have problems with blood sugar regulation or are trying to lose weight you should eat it as part of a meal (containing protein and healthy carbs) rather than on its own to make it get into the blood more slowly)

So it will only benefit your health if you avoid refined sugar. I live in Saudi so this isn't a problem here but I still try to avoid refined sugar because of the health issues.

شهيد إن شاء الله

Quote Originally Posted by dhak1yya View Post
    Well refined sugar is totally unhealthy and unnatural anyway. The only naturally refined sugar is honey and that's healthy (although if you have problems with blood sugar regulation or are trying to lose weight you should eat it as part of a meal (containing protein and healthy carbs) rather than on its own to make it get into the blood more slowly)

So it will only benefit your health if you avoid refined sugar. I live in Saudi so this isn't a problem here but I still try to avoid refined sugar because of the health issues.
    ya i was really surprised to see how bad it is for you.

sponsor an orphan

Quote Originally Posted by uncle umar View Post
    still trying to verify the blood thing.
    thats some kooky site, speaking total and utter garbage, seems the author is a kind of david ike of health foods.. case in point here but this time its not lizards ruling the world its parasites in ur genitals..

Any and all diseases under the sun are 100% curable or healable. Genital herpes too can also be healed. You must know that no disease is incurable. It would defy logic and Universal law. However, you are told in the Western world via Western medicine that there are incurable diseases so as to further CONTROL you (via FEAR) and make you a slave, or more of a slave, to some chemical, pharmaceutical drug made by man (a chemist). On a physical level, genital herpes is nothing but a blood (and parasitic) condition. That's right! If you have genital herpes you are infested with parasites in your genital area; and don't be a fool and think worms and parasites can't live in your body.

Read more: http://dherbs.com/articles/std.php#ixzz1mAI3yjvE

sugar is refined through a process of wringing out the cane, and boiling and drying, the only difference is with white sugar animal bones are used in the bleaching of it. use denerara sugar or unrefined sugar if u are concerned. i`ve always used un-refined sugar as i was vegetarian for years before islam, and i didnt like the idea of white sugar being bleached on animal bones, and unrefined sugar tastes better anyway.
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

whats refined sugar anyways ?
    And He found you lost and guided you,
    ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight.
    " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
    ~ Quran 1:6 ~

is it like artifical sugars such as sweetners and stuff ?

Salaah Reminders

Quote Originally Posted by Umm_Adam_ View Post
    whats refined sugar anyways ?
    refined sugar means sugar that has been bleached white sugar is refined, brown sugar, demerara sugar, and muscavado sugar is not refined

is it like artifical sugars such as sweetners and stuff ?
    sweeteners are made from chemicals which mimmick sugars taste theyre really bad for u and are proven to cause cancer, things like saccarin, aspartame, and phenylalanine, and all those kind of sugar replacement stuff used in dieting or for ppl with diabetes should be avoided. walso watch out for these things in kids drinks, squashes, ice lollies, and anything that says it has no added sugar, cos sugar is much better for u than this stuff.
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

so we cant eat refined sugar and no artificial sugar also ... s

so how do u make custard that tastes sweet then?

Stick to stevia or natural honey.

Quote Originally Posted by -MA- View Post
    Stick to stevia or natural honey.
    u add honey to custard or other sweet dishes? ...

stevia is a plant.

Actually I was gonna buy that steva I might do now

Salaah Reminders

I've never used Stevia. Trying to read about it online, but apparently it can be used in cooking

I've never used Stevia. Trying to read about it online, but apparently it can be used in cooking
    reaally

Like in custard ?

Salaah Reminders

either its stevia or honey ... im not sure im going to add a plant in my custard or honey

Odan

Last edited by Jannah7; 12-02-12 at 01:05 PM.

Odan

I looked at the second link you posted, it does not say its true, it says cattle bones are used for bone char, which is what muslim consumer group said on the link above

ذق!انّك انت العزيز الكريم Abdullah Fatih's Avatar

I forgot where I read this from, but just thought I should note it down some where:

"Sugar is the most poisonous and injurious product in our nationís diet with no exceptions and under every possible condition.

ďSugar is the most poisonous and injurious product in our nationís diet with no exceptions and under every possible condition. These facts assume special importance when it is pointed out that more than sixty-five percent of the animals slaughtered for the markets are swine. Therefore the slaughterhouse products being used in processing sugar are derivatives of pork.Ē
    This certainly does not help the feelings of the vegetarian who is deliberately trying hard to avoid the use of animal products and especially pork. I would venture to say the average vegetarian consumes at least one hog a year by eating sugar products without ever realizing it!"

It actually kinda hard to avoid products without sugar. Even salt itself apparently contains this type of sugar in the commercially packed ones.

laa 7awala wala qowata ilaa be Allah

am shocked ,,,, they been feeding me pigs all this time

walahiiiii this is one more reason to leave the west ,,,

what about other refined suger that produced in muslims country ,,,, izit halal or what ?

http://quran.cc/images/Quranlogo.png........http://i.imgur.com/b066ayL.png

ďMy sin burdened me heavily. But when I measured it against Your Grace, O Lord, Your forgiveness came out greater.Ē Imam Shafie

no ur not eating pigs, subhanAllah people please get the facts straight before u start scaring people !

fact 1. There is no pigs blood in sugar. you are not eating pigs.

fact 2. Refined sugar is bleached with bone char, from cattle only.only white sugar is refined sugar.

fact 3. brown sugar, demerara sugar and muscavado sugar are not refined sugar and are not bleached on animal bones.

so if u are worried about anything then just use brown sugar.
    Last edited by *asiya*; 12-02-12 at 02:31 PM.

The Prophet said:

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

From a Jewish site:

At the sugar mills (usually located near the cane fields), the canes are washed and cut into small pieces. Big rollers then press the juice out of the cut cane. The juice is then clarified, concentrated and crystallized and is ready for refinement.

Some hundred and fifty years ago, some European Jews discovered to their shock and amazement that in the new large industrial plants that were processing sugar, it was being ‘purified’ (‘refined’ sounds better) with the aid of, of all things, animal blood...

...Since the animal by-product was only used for filtering purposes, and the final result meets the criteria that none of the animal by-product remains in the sugar, AND the entire process is done when the sugar and animal by-product are cold, then, ruled the Tzemach Tzedek, the blood filtration process would not make the sugar unkosher.

The same concept is applied with the current mode of refining. Dried animal bones, specifically the ones used today in sugar processing, have been treated chemically so that they are beyond a classification of what constitutes ‘animal bones’. (They are certainly closer to charcoal than to ‘animal bones’) As such, we are no longer concerned about their giving the sugar a flavor; whatever taste the dried bones might possibly leak into a food is certainly not ‘a food taste’. It is a ‘taste’ that not even a dog would enjoy. Furthermore, the fact is that it takes heat to transfer taste from one food to another, and this processing is done when the sugar is cold
    Thinking about it, salt may have the same process hence why there is "Kosher salt"??????? Could be wrong.

Need to know before I have my afternoon tea lol

just use brown sugar until u check with a sugar refining company, cos anyone can write anything on a website like that, this is how the " rubicon mango is alcohol " and " chocolate is haram " rumour came about..
    Last edited by *asiya*; 12-02-12 at 05:30 PM.

The Prophet said:

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

Deffo gonna use brown sugar

does it taste the same as white sugar ?

Just cause Im use the white one

Salaah Reminders

Quote Originally Posted by SisterMumtahina View Post
    Yes it's true, in the western countries such as America and Canada the refined sugar has pigs blood in it.

If you don't believe me then here :http://dherbs.com/articles/sugar-addiction-409.html
    not a credible website. it also believes in astrology which is a part of sihr (sorcery/black magic):

Astrological Implications of Sugar Addiction

In the field of medical astrology, we deal with the underlying causes of diseases but we also deal with diseases certain souls born under certain signs are prone to, more prone to than other signs or people born under other signs of the Zodiac.

Pertaining to sugar addiction, people born under the constellation or sign of Libra are more prone to sugar addiction than any other sign in the Western Zodiac.

In Kemetic (ancient Egyptian) astrology, souls that incarnated in the months of (Tehuti), c. September 11th to October 10th, and the early part of Faufega, c. October 11th to November 9th are also prone to sugar addiction when they enter the Western world and take on the foreign ways of the Western world.

So Kemetians born under the signs of Aishat (Isis) a/k/a/ Auset (September 11th - October 10th) and Mahata a/k/a Ma'at (October 11th - November 9th) or being technical, between September 23rd and October 22nd (constituting Libra in the Western world) need to watch their sugar intake, especially if the sugars consumed are refined.

My father was a Libra and had a serious sugar addiction whether he acknowledged it or not or was conscious of it or not.

My father loved sweets. He had sweets with his breakfast, during or as his snack, and with his dinner. My mother always had to serve cinnamon rolls as a part of breakfast, the commercial ones with the synthetic fruit filling in the center (which was basically nothing but a sugary red-colored syrup).

My mother always had to include a commercial pastry in his lunch box too for work. She'd packed him a Suzy Q, Ding Dong, moon pie (yellow or brown one), Chocodile, or a Zingers. These were well known Hostess brands of pastries (with the exception of moon pies) that were well known during the 1970s.

For dinner, there was more synthetic sugar in the form of canned peaches (peach halves) or Fruit Cocktail. Both products were saturated in man-made sugary syrup. Come to think of it, regardless of what was served for dinner, there were always candied yams served on my father's plate. These candied yams were also out of a can which meant more sugar!

شهيد إن شاء الله

ya i dont trust the source either but still, i have to call tomorrow, as its sunday and nobody is open.

sponsor an orphan

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by *asiya* View Post
    no ur not eating pigs, subhanAllah people please get the facts straight before u start scaring people !

fact 1. There is no pigs blood in sugar. you are not eating pigs.

fact 2. Refined sugar is bleached with bone char, from cattle only.only white sugar is refined sugar.

fact 3. brown sugar, demerara sugar and muscavado sugar are not refined sugar and are not bleached on animal bones.

so if u are worried about anything then just use brown sugar.
    Sadly some brown sugars are refined and re-coloured!

Muscavado is not refined but demerara is 'semi-refined'.

I doubt there is any substance to this, as we have had regular, this is haraam scares but chocolate was one, bread another but this doesn't mean we shouldn't proceed with caution.

Deffo gonna use brown sugar

does it taste the same as white sugar ?

Just cause Im use the white one
    No it tastes totally different than white and not the same at all. I only use brown sugar when I make cookies I would never add it to any drink thats for sure

I've also emailed 2 sugar companies asking if anything that comes from any animals are used in refining process