Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

موضوع مغلق
    HiddenPearl
    Guests

My Husband Slapped Me. What Shall I Do?

Salaam

Today my husband and i were talking about my brother then our conversation linked
    with him. Then my husband then asked my if my brother ever laid his hand on me.
    I said yes only when we were young but now my brother stopped.

My husband laughed and said good. He then just randomly slapped me.
    I was startled by it but i thought he must've jokingly slapped me.
    Then he slapped me twice. I felt hurt. I was holding back my tears and asked him nicely
    not to slap me as i didn't like it. He replied that a good wife remain silent and not talk back to husband,
    I said- how can good wife remain silent if husband slap her. He ignored my request and
    he then slapped me little harder for the final time and laughed.

My cheek hurts, it was pink and I couldn't hold my tears anymore. I was in flood of tears.
    I was so angry how could he? I tried to leave the room but he grabbed my leg and wouldn't let me
    go. I demanded that i need some time and space to calm down. He insisted that that i must stay.
    He wouldn't let me go. I continued to ignore him and sobbes. Eventually he let me go.

I then went to another room and cry silently. Having some time to think. I was expecting
    my husband to come to me and apologised or something. After some time i calm down.
    I thought i'd go to him and see if he'd make first move and apologise. He didn't. So i asked him
    if he wanted some foods. He ignored me and got food for himself. He then grabbed his coat and
    left the house once he finished his lunch. He didn't bother to say sorry or anything. No text to say sorry.
    No nothing. He is expecting me to grovelling over him.

WHAT SHALL I DO?

Re: My Husband Slapped Me. What Shall I Do?

ASTUGHFIRULLAH! ITS HARAM FOR HIM TO SLAP YOU ON YOUR FACE! the prophet s.a.w made this clear! and he cannot hit you without a valid reason! you have to be deviant for him to hit you AFTER warning you to stop from it.
    i think they shytan overcame him, show him the hadith about not hitting the wife on the face and NOT hitting her altogether if she hasnt done anything bad, and tell him truely how you felt DO NOT hide it from his because men won't get it until you tell them!

Aleykom salam
    Why in the world did you ask if he wanted some food? YOU ARE NOT A SLAVE PLEASE!!!!!
    First of all, YOU're NO ONE's cook,; and this isnt your job to cook for him, second of all after he slapped you why do you ask him if he's hungry! he could die of hunger if I were you
    Sorry but these kind of things really upset me like nothing else
    What you should do is talk to him, and tell him in Islam the man HAS NO RIGHT TO BEAT HIS WIFE!! IS THIS A JOKE?? --> " a good wife remain silent if her husband slaps her".?? IF this was true I can assure you no woman would ever get married!
    Tell him where in the world does he get his Islam from? This is not Islam, this is machism, sexism, cultural garbage
    The man thinks having more rights than women mean they can abuse women, why do some people misunderstand Islam seriously. More rights mean more responsabilities, doesnt mean oppressing others!
    Talk to him asap, don't be angry when you talk to him but please don't act like you're a good slave and be quiet when the "MAN" slaps you
    wow seriously can't believe people like that exist still, i thought with education things would change but nothing staghfiroullah
    does he even pray? what's his deen like? How long have you been married to him? Is this the first time?
    May Allah give you sabr sister

This is just disgusting. Subhan'Allah. I really hope Allah takes him into account for treating you like that, unless he repents.

I still don't understand why he did that? How is he overall with you? Is he abusive at all? Does he treat you with respect? I find this behavior very strange. SubhanAlah. Some men...May Allah guide us all.
    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.
    وَقَالَ رَبُّكُمُ ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenPearl View Post
    Salaam

Today my husband and i were talking about my brother then our conversation linked
    with him. Then my husband then asked my if my brother ever laid his hand on me.
    I said yes only when we were young but now my brother stopped.

My husband laughed and said good. He then just randomly slapped me.
    I was startled by it but i thought he must've jokingly slapped me.
    Then he slapped me twice. I felt hurt. I was holding back my tears and asked him nicely
    not to slap me as i didn't like it. He replied that a good wife remain silent and not talk back to husband,
    I said- how can good wife remain silent if husband slap her. He ignored my request and
    he then slapped me little harder for the final time and laughed.

My cheek hurts, it was pink and I couldn't hold my tears anymore. I was in flood of tears.
    I was so angry how could he? I tried to leave the room but he grabbed my leg and wouldn't let me
    go. I demanded that i need some time and space to calm down. He insisted that that i must stay.
    He wouldn't let me go. I continued to ignore him and sobbes. Eventually he let me go.

I then went to another room and cry silently. Having some time to think. I was expecting
    my husband to come to me and apologised or something. After some time i calm down.
    I thought i'd go to him and see if he'd make first move and apologise. He didn't. So i asked him
    if he wanted some foods. He ignored me and got food for himself. He then grabbed his coat and
    left the house once he finished his lunch. He didn't bother to say sorry or anything. No text to say sorry.
    No nothing. He is expecting me to grovelling over him.

WHAT SHALL I DO?

asalaamu alaykum waRahmatullahi waBarakaatuh

Just act normal yet, don't do anything which will make things worse, or make you feel like you have no respect.

So now, try to act normal yet.. because you still havn't figured out why he did it, or how he was feeling at that time. And because you are married, it's important to try to neutralise anything bad that might have happened.

So act normal until you can figure out what was in his mind when he did that. Then when you have a private time to talk to each other properly about your emotions, you can try to kindly ask him why he did that, and how you didn't like it because it hurt you (physically and emotionally.) Tell him that you usually respect him and when he did that, he made you lose his respect for a few moments.. "so please don't do that again". You should say that.

Then carry on living life normally and being respectful to him, and he will show you care and love inshaa' Allah. Ask Allah to make everything good and well in your marriage.

To people who think you should react harshly back, that's not good. Especially if something like this has only happened once. If problems persist and become a permanent thing in marriage - that's when people turn to other options.

I ask Allah to help you and your marriage, ameen.

He slapped you and then laughed? These are the manners of freaks. In any case, dont let that happen ever again.
    Stay aware even if he sings the national anthem "i'll change, i wont do it anymore". If it happens again you know what to do. Some people have become paralysed with a simple slap, so be careful.
    My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
    Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

An Akh in Islam

W Salaam,

Astagfurillah, i really dislike people like this subhanAllah. You seem like an awesome wife by you're reaction and then asking him for food? SubhanAllah, may Allah (swt) reward you loads.

But, dont take this crap from you're husband, i cant believe someone could do this, this is not from Islam, in Islam women are treated the best, a man would treat his wife like a queen, this is Islam. So take this matter to you're father or an imam or someone whom you can trust.

Im really sorry for what you're going through, i just wished some men would appreciate the blessings they have been given.

May Allah subhanu wa ta'ala resolve this for you (Ameen)
    Allahumma Insur Al-Islam Wal-Muslimeen

Ahasiban naasu ay yutrakoo ay yaqooloo aamannaa wa hum laa yuftanoon. (Do men imagine that they will be left (at ease) because they say, We believe, and will not be tested with affliction? Surah 29 (2)

1. sounds made up
    2. If it's true and he just randomly slapped his wife and he's not in a bad mood or there wasn't an arguement then he sounds like he needs some form of help. has he got a mental illness?
    Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by muslimah_rose View Post
    he cannot hit you without a valid reason! !
    there are no valid reasons

How long have you been married.

My advice would be.don't ignore it. If he thinks he can get assay with it he may gradually increase violence. Let him know from now that it is not a husband's job to belittle and humiliate or harm his wife and you will not be in a relationship where that is happening. That hr had no cause to be upset with you and did not first talk to you or seperate from your bed. Don't be ashamed of this or scared to get family involved as mediators. You have done nothing wrong.

Recipes for all the family
    (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

This is disgraceful behaviour!

Women need to know their rights.
    If he can slap you in the face 3 times for doing nothing , think what he can do if he gets angry.

As far as Islam goes, women are not meant to suffer in silence and take this kind of abuse.

I would get a scholar involved and get them to explain to him that what he is doing is haraam.
    If he doesn't want to listen to them then there is plenty of help out there for victims of domestic violence.

If someone did this to my sister , I would slap him back for Qisas, he doesn't have this right over you!

Get a scholar involved.

If he doesn't repent and change his ways you should know he is not a suitable life partner nor role models for your children.
    Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
    فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

tell your father / uncle / brother or someone who can have strong words with him.

don't wait for the next time it happens... you need to do something now
    Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

He sounds like a minor bully whos trying to intimidate you. For now just ignore him and dont take it to heart, any reaction will make him think he was justified in being so nasty. Observe your relationship with him normally and see if this incident correlates with that. If not inshaAllah you should be ok. Im guessing your still newly married. Allah help and guide you. Its better not to expect anything from him until he actually realises he has done wrong. some men do seem to be moody at times and they can be very immature aswel. Maybe he feels insecure or wants to express authority. Your best bet is to maintain patience for now and really make him feel stupid by completely ignoring him when he acts this way.
    Allah bless you and make your marriage a very happy and prosperous one

15. 07-02-12, 04:51 PM

Quote Originally Posted by @nda View Post
    asalaamu alaykum waRahmatullahi waBarakaatuh

Just act normal yet, don't do anything which will make things worse, or make you feel like you have no respect.

So now, try to act normal yet.. because you still havn't figured out why he did it, or how he was feeling at that time. And because you are married, it's important to try to neutralise anything bad that might have happened.

So act normal until you can figure out what was in his mind when he did that. Then when you have a private time to talk to each other properly about your emotions, you can try to kindly ask him why he did that, and how you didn't like it because it hurt you (physically and emotionally.) Tell him that you usually respect him and when he did that, he made you lose his respect for a few moments.. "so please don't do that again". You should say that.

Then carry on living life normally and being respectful to him, and he will show you care and love inshaa' Allah. Ask Allah to make everything good and well in your marriage.

To people who think you should react harshly back, that's not good. Especially if something like this has only happened once. If problems persist and become a permanent thing in marriage - that's when people turn to other options.

You can't advise someone who has faced abuse to act normal. This will make the abuser more violent as he will think the abused is 'okay' with it and that there are no limits.

I guess the reason he slapped twice, nor apologizing, holding her leg, suggests he is a wife beater. No sane husband slaps like this and then laughs. That guy is a manless coward. He's still yet to face puberty. Yeah, harsh, but that's what he is by these actions.

There is no excuse because after he slapped her twice, he laughed, didn't apologize, nor did he come to her to stop her tears as a caring husband.
    There is no excuse nor such advise as 'just act normal'. Action is needed to stop this.

Yes, replying the act with violence will not be correct but she needs to ASAP communicate with him whilst being in the presence of a scholar or someone from her brothers or father is strong enough that the husband won't even dare to hit her for asking such a question, as 'Why'd you slap me?'

These husbands need to be publicized in the community and faced charges if they don't repent and change their ways.

No honor of a woman should be harmed.

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
    فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

17. 07-02-12, 07:08 PM

123r4
    Guests

He sounds messed up. he likes to punish people to make himself feel better, like those psycho movie we watch. Deep down that could be him, slowly he is bringing it out. He enjoys watching you be helpless, hence he slapped you and laughted.

he needs to get treated. He might not even be aware of this sickness he has in him but if you let it go without brining it up, it will build up. today its slapping tomorrow its going to be something more. Get him help

Unregistered777
    Guests

If he doesn't tell you whats wrong then its best you get help and don't stay getting beatings cause they will just continue.
    Does he do this often? He shouldn't hit you full stop.

Quote Originally Posted by seven View Post
    tell your father / uncle / brother or someone who can have strong words with him.

don't wait for the next time it happens... you need to do something now
    I agree with this advice. And it needs to be strong words letting him know that this is NOT acceptable and NOT from Islam and that You (as in you, and the male family member who's speaking to him) will NOT tolerate this AT ALL. INshaAllah he'll get the message and this will be a one off. If not and he carries on hitting you like this, then go and stay with your family (take any kids you have with you) and get your mahrams to deal with him, if he won't take serious steps (such as counselling) to change his ways, then you have the right to divorce him by khula. Khula is a last resort, your male family members should speak to him (sternly) first and try to make him see how much wrong he's doing in this and change his ways.

21. 07-02-12, 10:53 PM

Quote Originally Posted by @nda View Post

If you're talking about me, don't think i have no diea of abusive marriages, I know probably more than you do, and being a nice wife doesnt change the freaks like these kind of men. You can be the most patient woman in the world, it won't change anything, some men love to see their wife acting like a good submitive slave while they treat them like garbage.
    I'm not telling her to get angry, anger won't solve anything here, but she has dignity and she SHOULD NOT be humiliated, doesnt matter if it's her husband, she's a human being, and letting someone humilate you can destroy your for good.

so to the OP, don't react harshly but don't let it happen another time, try to talk calmy to him, maybe he was high on something or something else - who knows. But you should tell us more about yourself and him

May Allah resolve this problem and May He give you sabr, Amin

Quote Originally Posted by AbuIbraheem. View Post
    This is disgraceful behaviour!

Women need to know their rights.
    If he can slap you in the face 3 times for doing nothing , think what he can do if he gets angry.

As far as Islam goes, women are not meant to suffer in silence and take this kind of abuse.

I would get a scholar involved and get them to explain to him that what he is doing is haraam.
    If he doesn't want to listen to them then there is plenty of help out there for victims of domestic violence.

If someone did this to my sister , I would slap him back for Qisas, he doesn't have this right over you!

seriously take this brothers advice. if he doesnt see any wrong in what he did, then theres something psycologically wrong with him, and slapping u for being abused by your brother when he should be consoling you ???!!! sister islam gave u strength and rights u are not a doormat. Dont ever put up with this sort of behaviour from anyone.
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

24. 08-02-12, 12:02 AM

Sister this manner is not acceptable from your husband! It is allowed in Islam for a man to hit his wife but not without a valid reason n certainly not in your face like this! he said that you have to listen to your husband - well try telling him that in Islam women are entitled to fair treatment from their husbands to - the Prophet SAW said that the best of all men are those who treat their wives with kindness - this is not kind behaviour! you did not even provoke him he should not think he can treat you in such an unfair manner!

26. 08-02-12, 05:01 AM

27. 08-02-12, 05:15 AM

Odan

There no need to get the whole family involed, talk to him straight up an tell him how you feel. You are his wife, not a slave or an animal. And in a healthy marriage, both patners should be able to openly communicate with each other. If he hits you again, pack your bags and leave.

May Allah(SWT) make easy your affairs, both of this life and the next. Ameen.
    [COLOR="#000000"][CENTER]Sisters, please do not PM or rep me :jkk:[/CENTER]

[CENTER]Allah has promised those who have believed among you and done righteous deeds that He will surely grant them succession [to authority] upon the earth just as He granted it to those before them and that He will surely establish for them [therein] their religion which He has preferred for them and that He will surely substitute for them, after their fear, security, [for] they worship Me, not associating anything with Me. But whoever disbelieves after that - then those are the defiantly disobedient. [24:55]

Allah will establish in strength those who believe, with the word that stands firm, in this world and in the Hereafter; but Allah will leave, to stray, those who do wrong: Allah doeth what He willeth. [14:27]

"Seek help through Allah and be patient. Indeed, the earth belongs to Allah . He causes to inherit it whom He wills of His servants. And the [best] outcome is for the righteous." [7:128]

(They are) those who, if We establish them in the land, establish regular prayer and give regular charity, enjoin the right and forbid wrong: with Allah rests the end (and decision) of (all) affairs. [22:41]
    [/CENTER][/COLOR]

[CENTER][COLOR="#000000"]Narrated Ibn Umar (RA) that the Prophet :saw: said, "My livelihood is under the shade of my spear, and he who disobeys my orders will be humiliated."[Sahih Bukhari][/COLOR][/CENTER]

29. 08-02-12, 11:44 AM

Reason
    not advice

HiddenPearl
    Guests

Salaam to all,

Thank you all for your responses.

My husband has returned home yet he gave me
    Silent treatment. I don't think it's fair.
    I asked him why he did this. He said it was
    a joke. He then later apologised

We were just married for 6months. He is
    very good man. He respect me and treat me
    well. But what happened was out of character
    for him. I am not defending him. But marriage isn't easy.

I made it very clear to him that I do not approve of him hitting me
    jokingly or not jokingly. I do not like it. If anything else happen like that
    in the future I'll be sure to get my father and brother involved.

Please pray for me.
    Jazak'Allahu kheir

HiddenPearl
    Guests

By the way for those who say i shouldn't give him food. Actually we are living in his parents home
    so I asked him if he wants food cos I know he is hungry plus his family members are there. I didn't
    want to humiliate myself. I did not want his parents to think negative of me.

un4242
    Guests

If anyone slapped my sister, I would beat him to a pulp.

Tell your brother about this and let him punch your husband in the face.

The Oncoming Storm seagulls1999's Avatar

Were you constantly nagging him before he slapped you?(Not that it's an excuse for him to slap you, I'm just wondering)
    Last edited by seagulls1999; 08-02-12 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HiddenPearl View Post
    Salaam to all,

Thank you all for your responses.

My husband has returned home yet he gave me
    Silent treatment. I don't think it's fair.
    I asked him why he did this. He said it was
    a joke. He then later apologised

We were just married for 6months. He is
    very good man. He respect me and treat me
    well. But what happened was out of character
    for him. I am not defending him. But marriage isn't easy.

I made it very clear to him that I do not approve of him hitting me
    jokingly or not jokingly. I do not like it. If anything else happen like that
    in the future I'll be sure to get my father and brother involved.

Please pray for me.
    Jazak'Allahu kheir
    Just don't let that happen anymore in the future ukhtee
    May Allah make your marriage sucessful and May He put love compassion and respect amongst you two, Ameen

If he gives the silent treatment again, get your brother or father involved. If he is giving silent treatment then likely that aggression is still in him. Messed up guy.

www.searching-islam.com Perseveranze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Medievalist View Post
    1. sounds made up
    That's the impression I get... I mean, someone might do that just for a laugh maybe, and then apologise if it got serious like the story suggests. But it is weird.

If it's true, then she should talk to an Imam or tell her husband the Islamic ruling on hitting on the face or "hitting for no reason".
    A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

www.Searching-Islam.com

Account Disabled

Tell the police.

pointed
    Guests

I kinda agree with Medievalist.. It kinda does sound made up. If not, then op forgive me...and if he doesn't change, it's haram to stay with him.

But If non-Muslims are coming here and writing fake stories to TRY and *expose* Muslim responses..then I'm glad you've got your answers above.