Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Would like a friend for my home schooled 2 and half year old in Birmingham.

As-salaamu alaikum.

I am a mother to Aisha (6 months) and Ibraheem (2 and a half). I made the decision to home school when Ibraheem was born and Alhamdhulillah, have not had any doubts about that decision but one thing I would like for my son is a play mate. Someone he can do an activity with and communicate with.

So I was wondering, if there are any mothers out there in the same situation as me, who can come to my house for an hour or so to do an activity and have some playtime. I also go to wibbly wobbly once a week, which is an indoor play area with slides and quads but again after half an hour Ibraheems done because theres no one with him. Its a 15 minute walk from my house. I dont mind coming to your house either. All these are just ideas. Nothing will be set until we talk about it. I also have a park couple of minutes from my house which is good for the summer. It has ducks to feed, playing field for them to run about and fishes to spot in the moat.

Of course I wouldn't want a personality clash so heres a brief description of Ibraheem. He isn't violent, not forward when he meets new children but once he comes out of his shell, he's playful. We don't have a tv so he doesn't have a clue about ben10 or any other characters. He loves cars and lego. MashAllah, he knows his arabic alphabet and can recite surah Fatiha and Ikhlas but hasn't perfected it yet. He is well mannered. Sometimes, hes out of character and has to go naughty corner but hes never been in it more than once in a day so Alhamdhulillah!

So if you do have a child or know of anyone like me, please let them know. Of course I will provide juice, fruit and cakes and inshaaAllah it'll help alot with the upbringing of our children.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Jazakh Allah Khairun for reading this.

Walaikum Salaam.

Odan

Re: Would like a friend for my home schooled 2 and half year old in Birmingham.

Sis,

Please subscribe to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MHESBrum/ - it is a homeschooling network in Birmingham, and they have lots and lots of things happening - inshaAllaah, you will find many sisters in your shoes, and be able to meet up for socials.

Also, there is the homeschooling forum: http://www.islamichomeeducation.co.uk/phpBB3/index.php

Hope this helps!
    "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."

Quote Originally Posted by mother View Post
    As-salaamu alaikum.

I am a mother to Aisha (6 months) and Ibraheem (2 and a half). I made the decision to home school when Ibraheem was born and Alhamdhulillah, have not had any doubts about that decision but one thing I would like for my son is a play mate. Someone he can do an activity with and communicate with.

So I was wondering, if there are any mothers out there in the same situation as me, who can come to my house for an hour or so to do an activity and have some playtime. I also go to wibbly wobbly once a week, which is an indoor play area with slides and quads but again after half an hour Ibraheems done because theres no one with him. Its a 15 minute walk from my house. I dont mind coming to your house either. All these are just ideas. Nothing will be set until we talk about it. I also have a park couple of minutes from my house which is good for the summer. It has ducks to feed, playing field for them to run about and fishes to spot in the moat.

Of course I wouldn't want a personality clash so heres a brief description of Ibraheem. He isn't violent, not forward when he meets new children but once he comes out of his shell, he's playful. We don't have a tv so he doesn't have a clue about ben10 or any other characters. He loves cars and lego. MashAllah, he knows his arabic alphabet and can recite surah Fatiha and Ikhlas but hasn't perfected it yet. He is well mannered. Sometimes, hes out of character and has to go naughty corner but hes never been in it more than once in a day so Alhamdhulillah!

So if you do have a child or know of anyone like me, please let them know. Of course I will provide juice, fruit and cakes and inshaaAllah it'll help alot with the upbringing of our children.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

Jazakh Allah Khairun for reading this.

Walaikum Salaam.
    Wa' alaykum assalam

sis you should be careful what you post on the net. There are many weirdos that take advantage of forums.

Hope you find a playmates for your child Inshallah.

take him to play group/library/soft play/mosque mother and toddler and when the weather is warmer to the park inshaallah lots of play mates there.

join IHSAN islamic home school advisory network and Education otherwise.

relax and dont worry too much he will make plenty of friends inshaallah

try starting a coffee morning at your place once a week for sister with similar aged children thats a great way to get them together too and u dont have to go anywhere!also sisters are lovely and will bring u cake

bring back PAGAL LADOOOO

Green Lane mosque apparently have something for people who home-school their kids. You should go there and enquire. You come across weird posting these kind of pleas on the net.
    Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Assalaamu alaikum sisters.

The sister who told me about the yahoo group - jazakh Allah khairun! That was very helpful.

Second and third sister - Jazakh Allah khairun for your concerns and advice. Of course I would have extensive communication prior to opening my doors to anyone.

Fourth sister - I was insulted when you stated that I came across weird. Before judging me, you should have asked me more questions about what I was trying to achieve. Only then, would you have understood my angle.

Once again, jazakh Allah khairun for your input.

Wasalaam xx

sister med
    Never argue with an idiot. He'll drag you down to his level, then beat you with experience.

you can try netmums local, its a mix of non muslim & muslim but just contact the people you feel you will have more in common with. we moved area recently so i found some other muslim mums from on there & now we do meet ups in the area which is nice
    and what about surestart if you have childrens centres in your area it would be worth checking them out, some are better than others but it doesnt hurt to look incase yours is good
    .: Rufaida :.
    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.

“People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
    ~ Ibn Atallah

~Sujudku-utk-AL_LAHSWT~ AyaMikail's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mother View Post
    Fourth sister - I was insulted when you stated that I came across weird. Before judging me, you should have asked me more questions about what I was trying to achieve. Only then, would you have understood my angle.

Once again, jazakh Allah khairun for your input.

Wasalaam xx

Salam sister....she didn't say you are weird..what she meant is if you post this kinda post...some weirdos might read your post and falsely say they want their son to befriend your son...and take advantage ...that's all she meant -I hope you have a gud day-......later!

PLS IGNORE THIS lol
    Last edited by AyaMikail; 31-01-12 at 03:22 PM.
    My God is Allah, my belief is Islam, my hero is none other than Prophet Muhammad SAW and my favourite book is the unique Quran

aww how cute, if i had a child id let him be your son's friend.
    My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
    ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’
    “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”