Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Tafseer Class, Tafseer Ibn Katheer, Saturday 6:30pm GMT (7:30pm BST/GMT+1) skype: ummahradio Show Details here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Note: All classes are still on the old times of GMT, not GMT +1 a.k.a. BST, with the exception of the Tafseer Class, for that will be done at 7:30pm GMT, or 6:30pm GMT+1/BST

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jummah prayer

Jummah prayer

Sallam ... What do we read for jummah namaz?

Is this the correct way?

the first 4 rakaah sunnah mo'akkada (by yourself)...
    KHUTBA
    2 farz (2farz jummah behind the imam)...
    4 sunnat <-- ( is it sunnah moakkda?
    2sunnat <-- ( is it sunnah moakkda?
    2 nafil

and can we read at home?
    Last edited by Mo786; 30-03-12 at 01:09 PM.

Re: Jummah prayer

Quote Originally Posted by Mo786 View Post
    Sallam ... What do we read for jummah namaz?

Is this the correct way?

KHUTBA
    2 nafil
    (source - http://www.inter-islam.org/Actions/P...iday)%20Salaat
    and can we read at home?

Yes, that's the correct method; and as far as I'm aware, you can read both Sunnah and Nafil at home (but insha'Allah more reward if you read them in the Masjid).
    'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/

Quote Originally Posted by Peacenik View Post

Yes, that's the correct method; and as far as I'm aware, you can read both Sunnah and Nafil at home (but insha'Allah more reward if you read them in the Masjid).
    Jabir (RA) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) said: "If one of you offers his prayers in the Mosque then he should make a portion of his prayers in his house, as Allah has made his prayers in his house a means of betterment (for him)." (Ahmed, Muslim)

Umar (RA) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) said: "The nawafil salah of a man in his house are a light; whoever wishes should lighten up his house." (Ahmed)

Umar (RA) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) said: "The nawafil salah of a man in his house are a light; whoever wishes should lighten up his house." (Ahmed)

Ok if you read at home what are the rakats ?

Quote Originally Posted by hanzla View Post
    Jabir (RA) narrates that the Messenger of Allah (Sallaho Alaihe Wassallam) said: "If one of you offers his prayers in the Mosque then he should make a portion of his prayers in his house, as Allah has made his prayers in his house a means of betterment (for him)." (Ahmed, Muslim)

Doesn't alter the fact about what I said earlier

Ok if you read at home what are the rakats ?
    Exactly the same if you were offering them at the Masjid.
    'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/

Doesn't alter the fact about what I said earlier

Exactly the same if you were offering them at the Masjid.
    KHUTBA
    2 nafil
    So we can read the same at home even the 2 farz?

KHUTBA
    2 nafil
    So we can read the same at home even the 2 farz?
    Brother, if you were to read at home, the entire Salaat would be Zuhr; it would only be Jummah at the Masjid.

And not too sure whether the Sunnahs after the 2 Fard are 'mokada'; Nafil are entirely optional.

Brother, if you were to read at home, the entire Salaat would be Zuhr; it would only be Jummah at the Masjid.

And not too sure whether the Sunnahs after the 2 Fard are 'mokada'; Nafil are entirely optional.
    can any brother put down what we read for jummah at home?

can any brother put down what we read for jummah at home?
    salat ul juma isnt done at home. the sunnah prayers can be prayed at home.

Account Disabled

I am walking to the Masjid for Jum'ah this very second and it's snowing like crazy Subhanallah!

Quote Originally Posted by Sister Faisa View Post
    I am walking to the Masjid for Jum'ah this very second and it's snowing like crazy Subhanallah!
    Wow, snowing lol

Ok so If i miss Jummah prayer i can read normal (zhur) prayer

4 Rakat sunnah mokadda
    4 rakat farz
    2 sunnah mokadda
    2 nafl

Quote Originally Posted by Sister Faisa View Post
    mash'Allah.

I've been taught that Juma Prayer is not valid in a non Muslim Country, but is still prayed so we keep the importance of the day [correct me If I'm wrong insh'Allah]

so the 4 Rakahs after Juma prayer are actually 4 Farz of Salatul Dhurh... I can't remember the maslah however I can clarify for tomorrow or monday iA.
    ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
    Rumi RahimuAllah.

Quote Originally Posted by .Abu.Rambo. View Post
    mash'Allah.

I've been taught that Juma Prayer is not valid in a non Muslim Country, but is still prayed so we keep the importance of the day [correct me If I'm wrong insh'Allah]

I've been taught that Juma Prayer is not valid in a non Muslim Country..
    Get a different teacher.

Quote Originally Posted by .mirror. View Post
    I was like :| too, but I've asked more than one shakyh and I got the same answer [From a Hanafi POV]

Get a different teacher.
    peacenick you've made it clear that you've not studied books of Fiqh you shouldn't dismiss things just because you don't know about it.

Answered by Mufti Muhammad ibn Adam
    Question : I have a brother who is contemplating a career change primarily because he would not be able to hold a teaching position at the elementary school level if he had to leave every week for Jumu’a. I have apparently been told that the Syrian Hanafi position is that Jumu’a is not mandatory in the West because there is no Muslim ruler or established Islamic authority.
    Answer : The position of the mainstream and majority of scholars, both from the Subcontinent and the Arab world, is that the condition of having a Muslim ruler (sultan) in order to establish the Friday prayer is not a condition in of itself; rather, a means to ensure that there is no dispute regarding the establishment of the Friday prayer.
    The renowned Hanafi Jurist (faqih), Imam al-Kasani (Allah have mercy on him) explains in his Bada’i al-Sana’i that the condition of having the Sultan’s permission is to avoid any possible disputes and arguments, because the Friday (jumu’a) prayer is offered in a large congregating and to lead such a massive congregation in prayer is indeed a great privilege; hence, it may lead those who like to be in the limelight into competing and arguing with one another to acquire the post of leading the Friday prayer. For this reason, appointing the right person to lead the Friday prayer was left to the discretion of the Sultan, so that he may appoint whomever he feels fit for this esteemed position. As a result, there would be no dispute, for others would be forced into obeying the Sultan and may even fear his punishment. (Bada’i al-Sana’i, 1/261)
    He further states that the above is when the Sultan or his representative is present. However, if the Sultan was not able to attend for one reason or another and the time of Jumu’a Salat came in, then there is nothing wrong in the congregation uniting in the appointment of an Imam and praying behind him. This is supported by what Imam Muhammad has narrated that when Sayyiduna Uthman (Allah be pleased with him) was surrounded by the enemies, people appointed Sayyiduna Ali (Allah be pleased with him) to lead them in the Friday prayer. (ibid)
    In light of the above explanation and in light of the explanation given by many other jurists, it is not a condition of the Friday prayer that it be performed in a Muslim land. In the absence of a Sultan or a Muslim ruler, it is completely permissible for the Muslims to choose someone to lead the Friday prayer and such a Friday prayer would be considered valid.
    When the Friday prayer is considered valid, it becomes obligatory upon each and every Muslim male to attend the prayer unless there is a dire and genuine excuse. Missing the Friday prayer without a legally accepted excuse would be extremely sinful.
    Allah Most High says:
    “O you who believe! When the call for Friday prayer is made, hasten towards the remembrance of Allah (Prayer and Khutba) and leave all transactions. This is best for you if you know.” (Sura al-Jumu’a, V: 9)
    The above is the position of most contemporary Ulama. What you have been told regarding the Syrian Hanafi position, it is incorrect; rather, many top Syrian Ulama concur with the position of the Subcontinent Fuqaha, in that the Friday prayer is obligatory even in the West. I myself once heard Shaykh Muhammad Sa’id Ramadhan al-Buti (Allah preserve him) refuting quite vigorously the isolated position of Jumu’a not being obligatory in the West.
    Hence, your brother will be doing the right thing by looking for an alternative job if he is unable to offer his Jumu’a prayer at his current post. It will not be permitted to take up a career where one is regularly unable to offer one’s Friday prayer, even in the West.
    And Allah knows best
    Muhammad ibn Adam
    Darul Iftaa
    Leicester, UK
    Interesting just read this.
    ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
    Rumi RahimuAllah.

I was like :| too, but I've asked more than one shakyh and I got the same answer [From a Hanafi POV]

peacenick you've made it clear that you've not studied books of Fiqh you shouldn't dismiss things just because you don't know about it.
    So Jummah's not obligatory on us who are living in the UK/US (or any other non-Muslim country) ?

Account Disabled

Jumah just ended it's was about the virtues of Surah Yusuf. Amazing.

But I'm back to walking outside in the even crazier snow. Alhamdoulilah it preety, but it kills the bottom of my abaya

Account Disabled

mash'Allah.

so the 4 Rakahs after Juma prayer are actually 4 Farz of Salatul Dhurh... I can't remember the maslah however I can clarify for tomorrow or monday iA.
    Reallly? I didn't know that....

Rambo, the fatwa says it's valid.

Account Disabled

This is why I can't trust all these fatwas. Who are they do say jumma is not valid in a non muslim country.

Allah nows the intentions of us. They are pure. I pray jumma because I fear Allah and I want to follow the religion.

Rambo, the fatwa says it's valid.
    Yeah I know, even the opinions that I've been told they say we still must pray Juma but to be safe we must pray dhurh as well. I asked an ustadh and he said typically there should be an Islamic minister to lead the prayer but since we are in a non muslim land and we have no official person to officiate such a thing.

I was also told that the shakyhs I spoke to were following a strict opinion and these are deep matters.

Will find out more when I meet my moualana on monday
    Rumi RahimuAllah.

Also, ask him about countries like Pakistan and India, because these countries aren't exactly under an Islamic rule.

Also, ask him about countries like Pakistan and India, because these countries aren't exactly under an Islamic rule.
    I've heard Ulema there do the same, they pray their dhurh + juma.
    Rumi RahimuAllah.

So, there's no Jummah valid anywhere in the world? Since, we don't really have a real Muslim ruler.

So, there's no Jummah valid anywhere in the world? Since, we don't really have a real Muslim ruler.
    I think there is ikhtilaaf, i told you it's a stricter opinion so some say there is, some say there isn't.

I'll ask sidi al-ghazali to clarify iA.
    Rumi RahimuAllah.

The Jummah salah is an obligation on every able body individual. To miss this prayer is an extremely grave sin. The position of a few scholars that the Jummah prayer is not valid without a sultan is an isolated opinion (shahd) and it is not permissible to follow a shahd opinion in this matter.

And Allah Knows Best.
    The spiritual warrior is he who breaks an idol;
    and the idol of each person is his Ego.

- Imam Abul Qasim al-Qushayri

If someone misses jummah prayer then we read zhur namaz normally is that correct

↑Correct.
    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.
    وَقَالَ رَبُّكُمُ ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ

Odan

Answered by Mufti Muhammad ibn Adam
    Question : I have a brother who is contemplating a career change primarily because he would not be able to hold a teaching position at the elementary school level if he had to leave every week for Jumu’a. I have apparently been told that the Syrian Hanafi position is that Jumu’a is not mandatory in the West because there is no Muslim ruler or established Islamic authority.
    Answer : The position of the mainstream and majority of scholars, both from the Subcontinent and the Arab world, is that the condition of having a Muslim ruler (sultan) in order to establish the Friday prayer is not a condition in of itself; rather, a means to ensure that there is no dispute regarding the establishment of the Friday prayer.
    The renowned Hanafi Jurist (faqih), Imam al-Kasani (Allah have mercy on him) explains in his Bada’i al-Sana’i that the condition of having the Sultan’s permission is to avoid any possible disputes and arguments, because the Friday (jumu’a) prayer is offered in a large congregating and to lead such a massive congregation in prayer is indeed a great privilege; hence, it may lead those who like to be in the limelight into competing and arguing with one another to acquire the post of leading the Friday prayer. For this reason, appointing the right person to lead the Friday prayer was left to the discretion of the Sultan, so that he may appoint whomever he feels fit for this esteemed position. As a result, there would be no dispute, for others would be forced into obeying the Sultan and may even fear his punishment. (Bada’i al-Sana’i, 1/261)
    He further states that the above is when the Sultan or his representative is present. However, if the Sultan was not able to attend for one reason or another and the time of Jumu’a Salat came in, then there is nothing wrong in the congregation uniting in the appointment of an Imam and praying behind him. This is supported by what Imam Muhammad has narrated that when Sayyiduna Uthman (Allah be pleased with him) was surrounded by the enemies, people appointed Sayyiduna Ali (Allah be pleased with him) to lead them in the Friday prayer. (ibid)
    In light of the above explanation and in light of the explanation given by many other jurists, it is not a condition of the Friday prayer that it be performed in a Muslim land. In the absence of a Sultan or a Muslim ruler, it is completely permissible for the Muslims to choose someone to lead the Friday prayer and such a Friday prayer would be considered valid.
    When the Friday prayer is considered valid, it becomes obligatory upon each and every Muslim male
    to attend the prayer unless there is a dire and genuine excuse. Missing the Friday prayer without a legally accepted excuse would be extremely sinful.
    Allah Most High says:
    “O you who believe! When the call for Friday prayer is made, hasten towards the remembrance of Allah (Prayer and Khutba) and leave all transactions. This is best for you if you know.” (Sura al-Jumu’a, V: 9)
    The above is the position of most contemporary Ulama. What you have been told regarding the Syrian Hanafi position, it is incorrect; rather, many top Syrian Ulama concur with the position of the Subcontinent Fuqaha, in that the Friday prayer is obligatory even in the West. I myself once heard Shaykh Muhammad Sa’id Ramadhan al-Buti (Allah preserve him) refuting quite vigorously the isolated position of Jumu’a not being obligatory in the West.
    Hence, your brother will be doing the right thing by looking for an alternative job if he is unable to offer his Jumu’a prayer at his current post. It will not be permitted to take up a career where one is regularly unable to offer one’s Friday prayer, even in the West.
    And Allah knows best
    Muhammad ibn Adam
    Darul Iftaa
    Leicester, UK
    please do not ever rep me. jazakallah.

When reading the 1st 4 rakha is that gair Mokkada means optional and after 2 farz I read 4 sunnah again and then 2sunnah .. And 2nafl
    Can these be read at home. ?

Lost in the journey ... Brother Hassan's Avatar

I've heard Ulema there do the same, they pray their dhurh + juma.
    I live in Pakistan & people pray only Jummah + Sunnah. The only I've seen who offer 4 fard after Jummah are some Brailvees.

I have a question. I should probably make a separate thread for this but can anyone tell me what after prayer tasbeeh to do?
    Last edited by SisterA; 03-02-12 at 01:53 PM.

I was told by the Imam that reading Sunnah Salah (after Fardh) at home is more rewarding.

If I am not mistaken, There are authentic Ahadith stating that we should pray it at home,

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"O followers of Muhammad! By Allah, if you knew what I know, you would weep much and laugh little."

[Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol. 8, Hadith no. 627]

May Allah ta'ala join our beloved akhi Uncle-Umar (may Allah ta'ala have mercy upon him) with the Shuhada and grant him the Highest station in Jannatul Firdaus

Ameen

https://www.justgiving.com/FoodTruckForSyria/

Quote Originally Posted by Brother Hassan View Post
    I live in Pakistan & people pray only Jummah + Sunnah. The only I've seen who offer 4 fard after Jummah are some Brailvees.
    Thats correct bro, but we should pray 2 Rakaah Sunnah upon entering the Mosque as per the Ahadith.

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"O followers of Muhammad! By Allah, if you knew what I know, you would weep much and laugh little."

[Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol. 8, Hadith no. 627]

May Allah ta'ala join our beloved akhi Uncle-Umar (may Allah ta'ala have mercy upon him) with the Shuhada and grant him the Highest station in Jannatul Firdaus

Ameen

https://www.justgiving.com/FoodTruckForSyria/

and as far as I'm aware, you can read both Sunnah and Nafil at home (but insha'Allah more reward if you read them in the Masjid).
    Quote Originally Posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    I was told by the Imam that reading Sunnah Salah (after Fardh) at home is more rewarding.

If I am not mistaken, There are authentic Ahadith stating that we should pray it at home,

JZK, Brother.

After 2 Farz with the imaam.

The sunnahs are Mokadda... is that correct?

mash'Allah.

akh, thats some very wrong teaching your getting, and no the 4 raka'ah after Jumu'ah is not Fard of Duhr. Seems like akh al-ghazalli has sheded more light on this.

Also if Im not mistaken the Prophet would pray 2 raka'ah after jumu'ah in the masjid and if at home, then 4 raka'ah

Quote Originally Posted by Basil al-Mamluk View Post
    salat ul juma isnt done at home. the sunnah prayers can be prayed at home.
    Praying Jummah at home is Zhur Namaz

4 Sunnat Mokadda
    4 Farz
    2 Sunnah Mokadda
    2 Nafk

4 Sunnat Mokadda
    4 Farz
    2 Sunnah Mokadda
    2 Nafk
    What does "Mokadda" mean brother?

Quote Originally Posted by Al-Ghuraba View Post
    What does "Mokadda" mean brother?

mokadda means emphasized sunnah i.e. something that the prophet pbuh always did.

ghair mokadda means its a sunnah but not as strongly emphasized. Only Asr and isha the 1st 4 sunnah gair Mokkada are optional
    Correct me if I'm wrong