Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network


Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 470
  1. #1
    Odan Salams2All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    5,149
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    210 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    423

    Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays


    We should all fast tomorrow because it's sunnah, the prophet used to fast on Mondays and thursdays. He would do this because the deeds of mankind are presented to Allah (swt) on Mondays and Thursdays, and the prophet liked that his actions were presented to Allah (swt) while he fasted.

    Benefits of fasting
    -"Every servant of Allah who observes fast for a day in the way of Allah, Allah would remove, because of this day, his face farther from the Fire (of Hell) to the extent of seventy years' distance." [Muslim]
    - "Fasting is a shield with which one may protect oneself from the Fire." [Sahih al-Jami, 4/114]
    - Prevents us from saying/doing anything haraam.
    - Reminds us that Allah (swt) sees what we're doing.
    - Don't forget there's also the VIP gate to get into Jannah (only for the people who fast)!

    So come on lets fast tomorrow and get closer to Allah (swt)! Imagine the amount of ajar we'll get and imagine how pleased our Rubb will be with us, don't you want to please Ar-Rahman? We can do this, lets make it a habit to fast on Mondays and Thursdays
    Last edited by Salams2All; 10-02-14 at 02:34 AM.

  2. #41
    ʚϊɞ ᎵᎡᎥᏁᏟᎬᎴᎴ ʚϊɞ Umm_Adam_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    18,644
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    134 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    204

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    And He found you lost and guided you,
    ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

    Salaah Reminders

    Guide us to the straight pain.
    " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
    ~ Quran 1:6 ~

    الله أعلم


  3. #42
    Al-hamdulilah Mohamad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    2,349
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    84

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahmatt View Post
    I should clarify. There is no benefit to fasting at any time other than what is prescribed for Ramadhan according to the Quran.

    Doing something for the sake of worship to God is fine by me. Fast by all means if this is your intention.

    Prescribing the need to fast just because the prophet allegedly fasted does not constitute a religious requirement, and therefore does not result in any added religious benefit.

    Do not innovate religion. Innovation is the work of satan!

    An example of innovation here, from verse 136 onwards:
    http://www.sacred-texts.com/isl/quran/00616.htm

    136. Out of what God Hath produced in abundance In tilth and in cattle, They assigned Him a share: They say, according to their fancies: "This is for God, and this"—
    For Our "partners"! But the share of their "partners" Reacheth not God, whilst The share of God reacheth Their "partners"! Evil(And unjust) is their assignment!
    137. Even so, in the eyes Of most of the Pagans, Their "partners" made alluring The slaughter of their children, In order to lead them To their own destruction,
    And cause confusion In their religion. If God had willed, They would not have done so: But leave alone Them and their inventions.


    Do you doubt the hadith and the word of the Sahabah?!?!

    Without it there is no Islam, for by Allah, the way we pray, fast, eat, drink, use the bathroom is from the Hadith, and to All those who doubt the hadith, let them know they doubt the promise of Allah to preserve His religion.


    You are truly misguided there is no doubt the Prophet fasted and it is a Sunnah, just like Qiyam Al Layl is a Sunnah, or did the prophet only allegdly pray at night? Did he also allegdly use miswak? Did he allegdly sleep on his right?

    Did he allegdly clean himself with water after using the bathroom?

    Did he allegdly put his right hand over his left during prayer? Did he allegdly prostrate during prayer?

    Whast else is alleged?

    You have no idea the danger of your words, for you based on the Qur'an and Hadith are on the edge of Islam and are almost into kufr (disbelief) which equates to eternal punishment in the afterlife, and Allah knows best.


    To all the Muslims. I am your brother and I love you all for the sake of Allah. May Allah unite the Muslimeen; Ameen.

  4. #43
    ---Ali--- علي's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    17,702
    Mentioned
    394 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1713 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1032

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    Quote Originally Posted by Mohamad View Post
    Do you doubt the hadith and the word of the Sahabah?!?!
    Doubt entails some kind of belief. He outright rejects the two as he has rejected the religion of Islam.
    والمبادرة إلى التكفير إنما تغلب على طباع من يغلب عليهم الجهل - ابن تيمية رحمه الله - بغية المرتاد

    "Rushing towards takfir is an attitude which is dominant over those who are defeated by ignorance." - Ibn Taymiyyah Rahimahullah [Bughyatul Murtaad, page 354]

  5. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    229
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    Quote Originally Posted by Mohamad View Post


    Do you doubt the hadith and the word of the Sahabah?!?!

    Without it there is no Islam, for by Allah, the way we pray, fast, eat, drink, use the bathroom is from the Hadith, and to All those who doubt the hadith, let them know they doubt the promise of Allah to preserve His religion.


    You are truly misguided there is no doubt the Prophet fasted and it is a Sunnah, just like Qiyam Al Layl is a Sunnah, or did the prophet only allegdly pray at night? Did he also allegdly use miswak? Did he allegdly sleep on his right?

    Did he allegdly clean himself with water after using the bathroom?

    Did he allegdly put his right hand over his left during prayer? Did he allegdly prostrate during prayer?

    Whast else is alleged?

    You have no idea the danger of your words, for you based on the Qur'an and Hadith are on the edge of Islam and are almost into kufr (disbelief) which equates to eternal punishment in the afterlife, and Allah knows best.
    Sorry. Quick question. Is my signature visible?
    Warning! Reader please be advised: My views are based on the Quran as a religious source only. I do not acknowledge the hadith to be true religion on the basis of lack of evidence showing religious authenticity.

  6. #45
    Slave of AIIah |Sister|'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    15,898
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    480

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahmatt View Post
    Sorry. Quick question. Is my signature visible?
    Yes, the kufr is visible.

  7. #46
    Slave of AIIah |Sister|'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    15,898
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    480

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahmatt View Post
    is fine by me
    It's not about you, it's about Allah, and your opinions on matters of deen are irrelevant because you are not a scholar.

  8. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    229
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    Quote Originally Posted by |Sister| View Post
    Yes, the kufr is visible.
    Quote Originally Posted by علي View Post
    Doubt entails some kind of belief. He outright rejects the two as he has rejected the religion of Islam.
    Since my signature is visible then there is no need to bring into controversy my response to this topic. Just take it with a pinch of salt.
    Warning! Reader please be advised: My views are based on the Quran as a religious source only. I do not acknowledge the hadith to be true religion on the basis of lack of evidence showing religious authenticity.

  9. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    229
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    Quote Originally Posted by Mohamad View Post


    Do you doubt the hadith and the word of the Sahabah?!?!
    Yes! Unfortunately I find no logical basis to listen to any of them. However lets keep it at that for this thread lest it spiral out of control!
    Warning! Reader please be advised: My views are based on the Quran as a religious source only. I do not acknowledge the hadith to be true religion on the basis of lack of evidence showing religious authenticity.

  10. #49
    ssh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    7,354
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1320 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    497

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahmatt View Post
    Yes! Unfortunately I find no logical basis to listen to any of them. However lets keep it at that for this thread lest it spiral out of control!
    Then if it's down to your logic then we are all in trouble. That's what a lot of Christians do, interpret things how they see fit, accprding to their limited knowledge. Look at all the mess that is in their religion.



  11. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    229
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    Quote Originally Posted by ssh View Post
    Then if it's down to your logic then we are all in trouble. That's what a lot of Christians do, interpret things how they see fit, accprding to their limited knowledge. Look at all the mess that is in their religion.
    Hey my logic is my own curse and none of you guys have to participate. You are free to do and practice as you wish. If following the interpretations of scholars rubs you the right way then so be it, and I wish you all the best!

    However I disagree with you when you say that the Christians interpret any which way they want to. Modern day Christianity is very much the work of St. Paul I think, and not Jesus. Furthermore your average Christian will take instructions from priests. Not so different from our fellow Muslims who take instructions from "learned" scholars.
    Warning! Reader please be advised: My views are based on the Quran as a religious source only. I do not acknowledge the hadith to be true religion on the basis of lack of evidence showing religious authenticity.

  12. #51
    Alhamdulillah
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    461
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    31

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahmatt View Post
    Yes! Unfortunately I find no logical basis to listen to any of them. However lets keep it at that for this thread lest it spiral out of control!
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahmatt View Post
    There is no benefit to fasting at any time other than what is prescribed for Ramadan.

    Unless it is done for health reasons!


    How do you pray your salah ?? , Don't you refer ahadith ?

  13. #52
    ssh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    7,354
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1320 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    497

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahmatt View Post
    Hey my logic is my own curse and none of you guys have to participate. You are free to do and practice as you wish. If following the interpretations of scholars rubs you the right way then so be it, and I wish you all the best!

    However I disagree with you when you say that the Christians interpret any which way they want to. Modern day Christianity is very much the work of St. Paul I think, and not Jesus. Furthermore your average Christian will take instructions from priests. Not so different from our fellow Muslims who take instructions from "learned" scholars.
    lulz, take instructions from priests?? Who interpret according to their logic.

    And also, you can't just dismiss with "whatever floats your boat" kind of reply because the fact that you are not a scholar and you listen to your own logic, is way serious. Whether you realise it or not, you are setting your own self above scholars and above.....



  14. #53
    Slave of AIIah |Sister|'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    15,898
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    480

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahmatt View Post
    Hey my logic is my own curse and none of you guys have to participate. You are free to do and practice as you wish. If following the interpretations of scholars rubs you the right way then so be it, and I wish you all the best!

    However I disagree with you when you say that the Christians interpret any which way they want to. Modern day Christianity is very much the work of St. Paul I think, and not Jesus. Furthermore your average Christian will take instructions from priests. Not so different from our fellow Muslims who take instructions from "learned" scholars.
    Your average christians do not take instructions from anybody, they quote what they want if they even know one line from "the bible". Your average christian does not pray, go to church or practice religion other than claiming to be christian, wearing a crucifix and/or getting a tattoo/bumper sticker of a cross/jesus/madonna/prayinghands/dove/fish.

  15. #54
    أحمد‎ Muslim First's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    5,489
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    364

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahmatt View Post
    There is no benefit to fasting at any time other than what is prescribed for Ramadan.

    Unless it is done for health reasons!
    Are you even Muslim?
    "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

  16. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    229
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    Quote Originally Posted by ssh View Post
    lulz, take instructions from priests?? Who interpret according to their logic.

    And also, you can't just dismiss with "whatever floats your boat" kind of reply because the fact that you are not a scholar and you listen to your own logic, is way serious. Whether you realise it or not, you are setting your own self above scholars and above.....
    As far as I know, the scholars are human just as I am and they are not divinely guided. They simply have more knowledge.

    I do listen to what they say but unfortunately have not convinced me of their arguments. For these reasons I seek solutions that make sense to me. I do not place myself over anyone. I just take responsibility for my own life - for good or ill.

    Quote Originally Posted by |Sister| View Post
    Your average christians do not take instructions from anybody, they quote what they want if they even know one line from "the bible". Your average christian does not pray, go to church or practice religion other than claiming to be christian, wearing a crucifix and/or getting a tattoo/bumper sticker of a cross/jesus/madonna/prayinghands/dove/fish.
    Depends on where you are from I guess. I am from South Asia.

    Quote Originally Posted by Muslim4 View Post


    How do you pray your salah ?? , Don't you refer ahadith ?
    I pray it in the way prescribed by the Quran.

    Quote Originally Posted by Muslim First View Post
    Are you even Muslim?
    It is my intention to be.
    Last edited by Shahmatt; 21-02-13 at 02:11 PM.
    Warning! Reader please be advised: My views are based on the Quran as a religious source only. I do not acknowledge the hadith to be true religion on the basis of lack of evidence showing religious authenticity.

  17. #56
    ssh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    7,354
    Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1320 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    497

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahmatt View Post
    As far as I know, the scholars are human just as I am and they are not divinely guided. They simply have more knowledge.

    I do listen to what they say but unfortunately have not been convinced of their arguments. For these reasons I seek solutions that make sense to me. I do not place myself over anyone. I just take responsibility for my own life - for good or ill
    I get the impression that you don't intentionally place yourself over anyone but if your logic supercedes their knowledge then isn't that what's unintentionally happening?



  18. #57
    ذق!انّك انت العزيز الكريم Abdullah Fatih's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    2,157
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    139

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    Quote Originally Posted by Mohamad View Post




    Hey bro, check this thread out: http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...is-death)-READ

    Btw:

    Why not fast one day on and one day off? wouldn't that be better?

    Insha-Allah.


    True, that is jaa'iz.. but I've been delaying these kaffaarahs for months now.. I just want to get it over with once and for all.. I feel like there's a barrier between me and Allah
    º•○º○•Sabr... is like swallowing something bitter without showing any distaste on your face.•○º○•º -Imam Junaid

  19. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    229
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    Quote Originally Posted by ssh View Post
    I get the impression that you don't intentionally place yourself over anyone but if your logic supercedes their knowledge then isn't that what's unintentionally happening?
    I disagree with their opinion. Maybe what they believe in makes sense to them - kudos to them then. I respect their view. But this does not mean I place myself over anyone.
    Warning! Reader please be advised: My views are based on the Quran as a religious source only. I do not acknowledge the hadith to be true religion on the basis of lack of evidence showing religious authenticity.

  20. #59
    Abu Awesome
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    19,177
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3303 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    511

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahmatt View Post
    I disagree with their opinion. Maybe what they believe in makes sense to them - kudos to them then. I respect their view. But this does not mean I place myself over anyone.
    lol your a hadith rejector, ain't that what shias do..

  21. #60
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    229
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    Quote Originally Posted by ibzy View Post
    lol your a hadith rejector, ain't that what shias do..
    Not correct really. The shias believe in different hadith. Strictly speaking, they also follow the Quran and Sunnah!
    Warning! Reader please be advised: My views are based on the Quran as a religious source only. I do not acknowledge the hadith to be true religion on the basis of lack of evidence showing religious authenticity.

  22. #61
    Abu Awesome
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    19,177
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3303 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    511

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahmatt View Post
    Not correct really. The shias believe in different hadith. Strictly speaking, they also follow the Quran and Sunnah!
    so if you follow the Qur'an as the only source, can I ask you some questions where you can only source the noble Qur'an to answer the question. But just to clarify, do you only regard the noble Qur'an as THE only source of information

  23. #62
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    229
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    Quote Originally Posted by ibzy View Post
    so if you follow the Qur'an as the only source, can I ask you some questions where you can only source the noble Qur'an to answer the question. But just to clarify, do you only regard the noble Qur'an as THE only source of information
    Yes. I regard the Quran as the only source of information. Sure go ahead and ask if you like. What would you like to know?
    Warning! Reader please be advised: My views are based on the Quran as a religious source only. I do not acknowledge the hadith to be true religion on the basis of lack of evidence showing religious authenticity.

  24. #63
    Odan
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    8,966
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    193

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahmatt View Post
    Yes. I regard the Quran as the only source of information. Sure go ahead and ask if you like. What would you like to know?
    Do you make Salat? If so, how? The Quran doesn't say how it's performed?

  25. #64

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    15,625
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3937 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    Quote Originally Posted by Hadid View Post
    Do you make Salat? If so, how? The Quran doesn't say how it's performed?
    Do not waste your time with Quranists , they are misguided, they will give odd answers to whatever you ask them.

  26. #65
    Abu Awesome
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    19,177
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3303 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    511

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahmatt View Post
    Yes. I regard the Quran as the only source of information. Sure go ahead and ask if you like. What would you like to know?
    so these are my questions,.can you just qoute.the verse.from the Qur'an to answer.these questions:


    How do you perform Salat?
    Can a common person find out how many Rakat's there are?
    Can we perform Salat when we are naked?
    Is it ok to perform Salat right behind a Woman, behind her behind?
    How do you determine the amount to give for Zakat?
    How much is the Jizya tax?
    Can men look at naked men?
    Is Cross Dressing Permissible?
    Is Alcohol permissible, how do we know which verse came first?
    Is Vinegar Haram since it comes from Wine?
    How do we get Married?
    Can we eat Monkeys or Tigers or Bears?
    Can we read the Bible for Guidance?
    If a male has Madhy does he require Ghusl?
    If in travel, how do we shorten the prayer?
    If in travel, could travel mean across the street, what is the length?


    Note: I've found these questions from a website that refuteshadith rejectors.

    So fire away bro...

  27. #66
    見当もつかない C Bear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    4,609
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    143

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    You know this new fasting diet craze some western authors have come up with? And one of them recommends fasting on... Mondays and Thursdays. Copy-cat custards. I wish they'd stop stealing our stuff and claiming it as their own discoveries.
    Last edited by C Bear; 21-02-13 at 06:44 PM.
    Islamic Prints
    ~~~Muslim Vegan~~~
    PALEO!

    Enormity = wicked act. Enormousness = great size. The difference: you can haz. Learn it, love it.

  28. #67
    Odan Salams2All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    5,149
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    210 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    423

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    ^Was gonna rep this comment but I gave to many out already :/


    ... And stop fighting on my thread people.

    Ibn Umar was asked, “Did the sahaba laugh?” He said, “Yes, and the faith in their hearts was like mountains.”

    "You can not be the ummah that will call the world to goodness if you hate everybody else" - Nouman Ali Khan

  29. #68
    New Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    Mp3 Quran in all languages available for download
    Mp3 Quran download just on one click for computers and mobiles

    Quick Link
    Mp3 Quran

  30. #69
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    229
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    Quote Originally Posted by Hadid View Post
    Do you make Salat? If so, how? The Quran doesn't say how it's performed?
    Yes Salat is prescribed in the Quran.

    I've copied the following from an external source:

    The details of ablution (4:43; 5:6)
    A need for a direction - Qiblah, specific for the ‘believers’ (Mu'mins) (2.143-44)
    Garments (7:31)
    Allusion of times: (4:103; 11:114; 17:78; 24:58; 30:18; 2:238: 20:58)
    That prayers must be observed on time (4:103)
    Followers of the previous scripture to observe their Qiblah and the Believers (Mu’mins) their own Qiblah (2:145)
    Prayer involves prostration (Sujood - 4:102; 48:29)
    There is more than one prayer (Prayer in plural used - Salawat) (2:238)
    There is a general form to prayer (2:238-39).
    Standing position (3:39; 4:102)
    Bowing down and prostrating (4:102; 22:26; 38:24; 48:29)
    Form is not required during times of emergencies, fear, and unusual circumstances (2:239)
    A mention of a call to prayer and congregation prayer (62:9)
    A warning not to abandon prayer as was done by people before (19:58-59) but to establish prayer (Numerous references)
    The purpose of prayer - To remember God alone (6:162; 20:14)
    Prayer involves utterance (4:43)
    The purpose to protect from sins (29:45)
    What to do in danger and the shortening of prayer (4:101)
    Garments and mention of a Masjid, or a place of prayer (7:31)
    The tone of prayer (17:110)
    There is a leader of prayer (4:102)

    I suggest using this link to check on meanings:
    http://www.islamawakened.com/quran/

    All of the above are Quranic references.
    Warning! Reader please be advised: My views are based on the Quran as a religious source only. I do not acknowledge the hadith to be true religion on the basis of lack of evidence showing religious authenticity.

  31. #70
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    229
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    Quote Originally Posted by ibzy View Post
    so these are my questions,.can you just qoute.the verse.from the Qur'an to answer.these questions:


    How do you perform Salat?
    Can a common person find out how many Rakat's there are?
    Can we perform Salat when we are naked?
    Is it ok to perform Salat right behind a Woman, behind her behind?
    How do you determine the amount to give for Zakat?
    How much is the Jizya tax?
    Can men look at naked men?
    Is Cross Dressing Permissible?
    Is Alcohol permissible, how do we know which verse came first?
    Is Vinegar Haram since it comes from Wine?
    How do we get Married?
    Can we eat Monkeys or Tigers or Bears?
    Can we read the Bible for Guidance?
    If a male has Madhy does he require Ghusl?
    If in travel, how do we shorten the prayer?
    If in travel, could travel mean across the street, what is the length?


    Note: I've found these questions from a website that refuteshadith rejectors.

    So fire away bro...
    So I've mentioned some of the details regarding how to pray in my reply above.

    Your post with these questions is very normal. But it comes from a person who already uses hadith as a source for religion.

    See the reason you ask me the question for example: "Can men look at naked men?" is because some hadith probably talks about this. So you already have this detail. So since the Quran does not discuss if a man can look at another naked man you will now tell me the Quran does not tell you everything you need to know. These are therefore impossible questions - you win!

    But the Quran says it is fully detailed. Therefore everything that we need to know for practice is in there. And what is not there we can deduce from its principles!

    The trouble is not whether the detail is in the Quran or no. The trouble is should we use the hadith as a religious source. On this I say no. Because it cannot be authenticated.

    If the hadith cannot be used as religion, then our only religious source is the Quran. What does the Quran say? Quite a lot I think, if we bothered to check it!
    Last edited by Shahmatt; 22-02-13 at 02:24 AM.
    Warning! Reader please be advised: My views are based on the Quran as a religious source only. I do not acknowledge the hadith to be true religion on the basis of lack of evidence showing religious authenticity.

  32. #71
    Slave of AIIah |Sister|'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    15,898
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    480

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahmatt View Post
    So I've mentioned some of the details regarding how to pray in my reply above.

    Your post with these questions is very normal. But it comes from a person who already uses hadith as a source for religion.

    See the reason you ask me the question for example: "Can men look at naked men?" is because some hadith probably talks about this. So you already have this detail. So since the Quran does not discuss if a man can look at another naked man you will now tell me the Quran does not tell you everything you need to know. These are therefore impossible questions - you win!

    But the Quran says it is fully detailed. Therefore everything that we need to know for practice is in there. And what is not there we can deduce from its principles!

    The trouble is not whether the detail is in the Quran or no. The trouble is should we use the hadith as a religious source. On this I say no. Because it cannot be authenticated.

    If the hadith cannot be used as religion, then our only religious source is the Quran. What does the Quran say? Quite a lot I think, if we bothered to check it!
    You are still not answering the questions. I suppose you don't have answers to them, that's okay. Just say "I don't know" instead of constantly avoiding the questions.

  33. #72
    Odan Salams2All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    5,149
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    210 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    423

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    Seriously this thread was made to remind people to fast. I didn't ask any of you a question that was open for discussion if you want to debate or do whatever it is you're doing then make a new thread, and shahmatt may Allah guide you. Ameen.
    Last edited by Salams2All; 22-02-13 at 03:17 AM.

    Ibn Umar was asked, “Did the sahaba laugh?” He said, “Yes, and the faith in their hearts was like mountains.”

    "You can not be the ummah that will call the world to goodness if you hate everybody else" - Nouman Ali Khan

  34. #73
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    229
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    Quote Originally Posted by |Sister| View Post
    You are still not answering the questions. I suppose you don't have answers to them, that's okay. Just say "I don't know" instead of constantly avoiding the questions.
    See these questions are asked because they are impossible questions. There is no answer to them. It is not that I don't know the answer. It is because they should not be answered.

    I'll give you an analogy. Let us say the Quran says "Do not lie". This is all the information you have. But because of it you cannot lie anywhere - on earth, in outer space, in the office, in the bathroom, at home, in the underground or anywhere. "Do not lie" is an all encompassing statement.

    Now let us say the Hadith says "Do not lie while riding on the camel", "Do not lie while eating horse meat". Now you look at the hadith and say: "We don't have this detail in the Quran - therefore the Quran is inadequate". It is not that the Quran is inadequate. The Quran says "Do not lie". This should be enough for everybody and all situations. But you demand more detail because the Hadith has given you such.

    This is why Quranists can never satisfy hadith believers. Because the questions are impossible. Because there is no answer that will satisfy. Do you see the problem now?
    Warning! Reader please be advised: My views are based on the Quran as a religious source only. I do not acknowledge the hadith to be true religion on the basis of lack of evidence showing religious authenticity.

  35. #74
    Slave of AIIah |Sister|'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    15,898
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    480

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahmatt View Post
    See these questions are asked because they are impossible questions. There is no answer to them. It is not that I don't know the answer. It is because they should not be answered.
    These should be answered since they are required in daily life. So answer them based on Qur'an.

    How do you perform Salat?

    Is Alcohol permissible, how do we know which verse came first?

    How do we get Married?

    Can we read the Bible for Guidance?

    If a male has Madhy does he require Ghusl?

  36. #75
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    229
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    Quote Originally Posted by |Sister| View Post
    These should be answered since they are required in daily life. So answer them based on Qur'an.

    How do you perform Salat?

    Is Alcohol permissible, how do we know which verse came first?

    How do we get Married?

    Can we read the Bible for Guidance?

    If a male has Madhy does he require Ghusl?
    Sigh! Have you understood anything I have said at all?

    Edit:

    OK here's a question for you: Why are the answers required?
    Last edited by Shahmatt; 22-02-13 at 03:09 AM.
    Warning! Reader please be advised: My views are based on the Quran as a religious source only. I do not acknowledge the hadith to be true religion on the basis of lack of evidence showing religious authenticity.

  37. #76
    Odan Salams2All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    5,149
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    210 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    423

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    ^Here's a question for you why you still writing on this thread?

    Ibn Umar was asked, “Did the sahaba laugh?” He said, “Yes, and the faith in their hearts was like mountains.”

    "You can not be the ummah that will call the world to goodness if you hate everybody else" - Nouman Ali Khan

  38. #77
    Slave of AIIah |Sister|'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    15,898
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    480

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahmatt View Post
    Sigh! Have you understood anything I have said at all?
    I do. It is just ridiculous claims without a base to stand on. I would not expect such an argument from a grown man on a forum.

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahmatt View Post
    OK here's a question for you: Why are the answers required?
    Because one is not considered a Muslim unless they perform salat, they are either a murtad or a munafiq both of whom have the same fate. (That's in the Qur'an, btw)

  39. #78
    Odan Salams2All's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    5,149
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    210 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    423

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    Quote Originally Posted by Salams2All View Post
    Seriously this thread was made to remind people to fast. I didn't ask any of you a question that was open for discussion if you want to debate or do whatever it is you're doing then make a new thread, and shahmatt may Allah guide you. Ameen.
    You see this read it.

    Ibn Umar was asked, “Did the sahaba laugh?” He said, “Yes, and the faith in their hearts was like mountains.”

    "You can not be the ummah that will call the world to goodness if you hate everybody else" - Nouman Ali Khan

  40. #79
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    229
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    Quote Originally Posted by Salams2All View Post
    You see this read it.
    Right. Sorry!

    Quote Originally Posted by |Sister| View Post
    I do. It is just ridiculous claims without a base to stand on. I would not expect such an argument from a grown man on a forum.


    Because one is not considered a Muslim unless they perform salat, they are either a murtad or a munafiq both of whom have the same fate. (That's in the Qur'an, btw)
    I have already given my references to Salat just a few posts above. Is this not good enough for you?

    As you know I take issue with the authenticity of hadith. This means that even if I accept that the Quran says to refer to the Sunnah (which it doesn't, but in the event I do accept this), I still cannot refer to the hadith since I don't believe it to be authentic. Tell me what makes you feel that the hadith is authentic? Give me your best reason?
    Warning! Reader please be advised: My views are based on the Quran as a religious source only. I do not acknowledge the hadith to be true religion on the basis of lack of evidence showing religious authenticity.

  41. #80
    Slave of AIIah |Sister|'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    15,898
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    480

    Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahmatt View Post
    Right. Sorry!



    I have already given my references to Salat just a few posts above. Is this not good enough for you?

    As you know I take issue with the authenticity of hadith. This means that even if I accept that the Quran says to refer to the Sunnah (which it doesn't, but in the event I do accept this), I still cannot refer to the hadith since I don't believe it to be authentic. Tell me what makes you feel that the hadith is authentic? Give me your best reason?
    Answer all the questions first, with your proofs (ayat), and then I will answer what you ask.

    Do not link to outside sources, I want to read it in your own words, in detail. (In a new thread, not this one.)

    Quote Originally Posted by Salams2All View Post
    You see this read it.
    Ana aasifa ukhti

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. fasting on mondays and thursdays
    By HeRsHeE317 in forum General Islamic Topics
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 29-12-12, 05:50 AM
  2. Fasting on Mondays and Thursday InshaAllah
    By Poison in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30-06-10, 11:47 AM
  3. 27th March Mondays Schedule
    By sajid in forum Ummah Radio - Islamic Radio
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 28-03-06, 04:05 AM
  4. BT =Bombing Thursdays?
    By ze leetle elper in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 81
    Last Post: 11-08-05, 09:39 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:51 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.2.7 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com

MPADC.com Islamic Web Hosting | Muslim Ad Network | Islamic Nasheeds | Islamic Mobile App Developement Android & iPhone | Islamic Web Hosting : Muslim Designers : Labbayk Nasheeds : silk route jilbab: Hijab: : Web Islamic Newsletter: Islamic Web Hosting

Students of Arabic Forum | Hijab Shop