Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    210 Post(s)

Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

We should all fast tomorrow because it's sunnah, the prophet used to fast on Mondays and thursdays. He would do this because the deeds of mankind are presented to Allah (swt) on Mondays and Thursdays, and the prophet liked that his actions were presented to Allah (swt) while he fasted.

Benefits of fasting
    -"Every servant of Allah who observes fast for a day in the way of Allah, Allah would remove, because of this day, his face farther from the Fire (of Hell) to the extent of seventy years' distance." [Muslim]
    - "Fasting is a shield with which one may protect oneself from the Fire." [Sahih al-Jami, 4/114]
    - Prevents us from saying/doing anything haraam.
    - Reminds us that Allah (swt) sees what we're doing.
    - Don't forget there's also the VIP gate to get into Jannah (only for the people who fast)!

So come on lets fast tomorrow and get closer to Allah (swt)! Imagine the amount of ajar we'll get and imagine how pleased our Rubb will be with us, don't you want to please Ar-Rahman? We can do this, lets make it a habit to fast on Mondays and Thursdays
    Last edited by Salams2All; 10-02-14 at 02:34 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Lets All fast on Mondays And Thursdays

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

sorry for triple post
    Last edited by mm068; 20-01-12 at 09:19 PM. Reason: triple post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

As Salam Alikum

its also very beneficial to fast on the 13th, 14th, and the 15th of the islamic months.....

It is mustahabb (recommended) to fast three days each month, especially the 13th, 14th and 15th of the month which are known as ayyam al-beed (the white days).

It was narrated that Abu Hurayrah said: My close friend [the Prophet (صلى الله عليه وسلّم) ] advised me to do three things which I will not give up until I die: fasting three days of each month, praying Duha and going to sleep after Witr. [Bukhari and Muslim].

It was narrated that Abu Dharr said: The Messenger of Allah (صلى الله عليه وسلّم) said to me: “If you fast any part of the month, then fast the thirteenth, fourteenth and fifteenth.” [Tirmidhi].

http://deenwayoflife.wordpress.com/2...ayyam-al-beed/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

sorry for triple post
    Last edited by mm068; 20-01-12 at 09:18 PM. Reason: triple post

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    210 Post(s)

Assalamu Alaykum

Monday guys let's fast!

Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1711 Post(s)

funny you should mention this

i was just reading a post on Facebook about this very subject

Fasting as a group
    Explained by Shaykh Uthaymeen

Question: Noble Shaykh what is the ruling on fasting as a group? For example a
    group of people gather and agree to fast specific days such as Mondays and
    Thursdays for the purpose of cooperation upon righteousness and tawqa. This is
    because the person is weak by himself and his brothers will strengthen him. What
    is the ruling upon this; may Allah benefit us by way of you.
    Shaykh Uthaymeen: My view is that this is not from the Sunnah and it is a type of
    innovation; if the people agree upon this. This is because if we disapprove of
    making the takbeer as a group or remembering Allah as a group, for example,
    then (we also disapprove) of fasting as a group. And fasting is worship, thus it is
    not befitting that it be performed as a group; but if it is done without agreeing to
    it then there is no problem.
    For example, coincidentally we happen to be fasting on Monday thus some of us
    say to others, ‘whoever is fasting then we shall break our fast at so and so’s
    house’; for example, and we agree to have iftar at this person’s house then there
    is nothing wrong with this because this affair was not premeditated and it was not
    worship performed as a group.
    And gathering for worship or worshipping as an individual is from the affairs of
    the legislation. For this reason if Allah did not prescribe for us to pray in
    congregation we would not have prayed in congregation, and prayer in
    congregation would have been an innovation, but Allah prescribed for us prayer
    in congregation. Similarly, fasting as a group and agreeing upon it ahead of time is
    a type of innovation.
    Someone may respond to us by mentioning the fast of the month of Ramadan. Do
    we not fast as a group (during the month of Ramadan)? Of course; but this is how
    it has been prescribed. It has been prescribed for all of the people to fast during this month. Thus it is my view that this method should be refrained from and the
    person should seek help from Allah the Exalted and count on himself.
    And if the individual cannot perform acts of worship except when leaning on a
    stick, meaning except when others are performing acts of worship then his
    resolve and determination is weak.

.لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    210 Post(s)

Wait Abu M what if my intention is to remind people it's a sunnah to fast on the two days is that allowed?
    Last edited by Salams2All; 07-10-12 at 11:53 PM.

Ibn Umar was asked, “Did the sahaba laugh?” He said, “Yes, and the faith in their hearts was like mountains.”

"You can not be the ummah that will call the world to goodness if you hate everybody else" - Nouman Ali Khan

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Love........Food...............Too...............m uch

I might fast in the winter when the fast opens at 4
    My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
    ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’
    “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    Love........Food...............Too...............m uch

I might fast in the winter when the fast opens at 4
    british summer time ends this month yay

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    210 Post(s)

Monday tomorrow.

Ibn Umar was asked, “Did the sahaba laugh?” He said, “Yes, and the faith in their hearts was like mountains.”

"You can not be the ummah that will call the world to goodness if you hate everybody else" - Nouman Ali Khan

ذق!انّك انت العزيز الكريم Abdullah Fatih's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)

“The one who tells another about something good is like the one who does it.” [Muslim]

º•○º○•Sabr... is like swallowing something bitter without showing any distaste on your face.•○º○•º -Imam Junaid

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    210 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah Fatih View Post
    “The one who tells another about something good is like the one who does it.” [Muslim]

wa iyyak

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3937 Post(s)

If possible then people should try and fast at least 3 days a month, it will be very beneficial In Sha allah.

Odan
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

Arrow Fasting on Monday and Thrusday

It was narrated from Abu Qataadah al-Ansaari that the Messenger of Allaah was asked about fasting on Mondays. He said: “On that day I was born, and on it the Revelation came to me.” [Narrated by Muslim, 1162.]

It was narrated that ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) said: The Prophet was keen to fast on Mondays and Thursdays. [Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 745; al-Nasaa’i, 2361; Ibn Maajah, 1739; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1044.]

It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Messenger of Allaah said:“Deeds are shown (to Allaah) on Mondays and Thursdays, and I like my deeds to be shown when I am fasting.” [Narrated by al-Tirmidhi, 747; classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Targheeb, 1041.]

Observing Sawm on Monday and Thursday is permissible. It is related by Abu Dawud on the authority of Usamah ibn Zayd (may Allah be pleased with both of them) that the Prophet replied to the question of why he always observed Sawm on Monday and Thursday saying: The works of the people are presented (to Allah) on Monday and Thursday. In another narration: I would like my deeds to be shown (to Allah) while I am fasting. This Hadith clearly indicates that observing Sawm on Monday and Thursday is permissible and is a Sunnah (supererogatory act of worship following the example of the Prophet ). Moreover, observing Sawm for three days of every month is also a Sunnah as stated in the Hadith authentically reported from the Prophet .

Sahl b. Sa'd (Allah be pleased with him) reported Allah's Messenger as saying: In Paradise there is a gate which is called Rayyan through which only the observers of fast would enter on the Day on Resurrection. None else would enter along with them. It would be proclaimed: Where are the observers of fast that they should be admitted into it? -and when the last of them would enter, it would be closed and no one would enter it. [Sahih Muslim, Kitab Al-Sawm 2569.]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Fasting on Monday and Thrusday

“Truly, God does not change the condition of a people until they change what is in themselves.” (Quran 13:11)
    “Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”
    ― Rumi

Mentioned
    309 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4387 Post(s)

JazakAllahu khair for the reminder
    "If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

"Nothing protects the rights of the minority like the tyranny of the majority"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

BarakaAllah fik for the reminder!

Odan
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

bump.

Abu Sa'id Al-Khudri (may Allah be pleased with him) reported: Allah's Messenger said: Any servant of Allah who observes one day of Fast for Allah's sake, Allah would remove his face away from the Fire of Hell a distance equivalent to seventy years.

[Muslim, 2/808]

Odan
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

bump.

It is reported that once, some good food was served to Anas [Ibn Mâlik] – Allâh be pleased with him, and [the person who served the food] was well off enough to afford good food. As he was eating, he kept a morsel of the food in his mouth for a while, then looked at the people and began to cry. Then he said, “By Allâh, I have accompanied people who, if they could get hold of this kind of food, would have fasted even more often, and spent less time not fasting. One of them would find only milk mixed with water [as food], which he would drink and then fast on.”

Al-Mu’âfâ b. ‘Imrân, Kitâb Al-Zuhd article 215.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MoMo. View Post
    bump.

It is reported that once, some good food was served to Anas [Ibn Mâlik] – Allâh be pleased with him, and [the person who served the food] was well off enough to afford good food. As he was eating, he kept a morsel of the food in his mouth for a while, then looked at the people and began to cry. Then he said, “By Allâh, I have accompanied people who, if they could get hold of this kind of food, would have fasted even more often, and spent less time not fasting. One of them would find only milk mixed with water [as food], which he would drink and then fast on.

Al-Mu’âfâ b. ‘Imrân, Kitâb Al-Zuhd article 215.
    subhanallah...

Odan
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

bump.

Abu Hurairah reported that the Prophet, , said: "There are three people whose supplications are not rejected: the fasting person when he breaks the fast, the just ruler and the supplication of the oppressed". [Tirmithi, Ibn Majah and Ibn Hibban]

Odan
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    203 Post(s)

bump.

The Prophet said, "(Allah said), 'Every good deed of Adam's son is for him except fasting; it is for Me. and I shall reward (the fasting person) for it.' Verily, the smell of the mouth of a fasting person is better to Allah than the smell of musk." [Bukhari]

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    210 Post(s)

... You know what time of the week it is

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I fasted this monday, but today (Thursday), I'll try next week again.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quoted
    59 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quoted
    210 Post(s)

It's that time of the week again! Lets make some ajar before we can't anymore .

ذق!انّك انت العزيز الكريم Abdullah Fatih's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    54 Post(s)

*sigh*

Im still digging out of my hole of kaffaarahs

WALLAHI I WILL NEVER BRAKE ANOTHER..

i mean, inshaa Allah I will never break another oath
    º•○º○•Sabr... is like swallowing something bitter without showing any distaste on your face.•○º○•º -Imam Junaid

Alhamdulillah
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Very Nice thread ,

Let's share some more fasting days from the ahadith, If you don't mind. (Rather than creating new thread)

Fasting the Day of ‘Arafah & Ashooraa

It was narrated on the authority of Abu Qataadah (ra) that the Prophet, (saw) , was asked about fasting the Day of ‘Arafah (9th of Thul-Hijjah), whereupon he said: “It expiates the sins of the preceding year and the coming year.” He was asked about fasting the Day of ‘Aashooraa’ (10th of Muharram), whereupon he said: “It expiates the sins of the preceding year." [Muslim]

Abu Hurayrah (ra) narrated that the Messenger of Allaah, (saw), said: "The best fast after Ramadhaan is the fast in the month of Allaah Al-Muharram and the best prayer after the obligatory prayer is the prayer offered at night." [Muslim]

'Arafah fasting is on the day of Arafah (9th of Thul-Hijjah) & Ashooraa fasting can be on 9 & 10 of Muharram (two days).

Fasting six days of Shawwaal

Abu Ayyoob Al-Ansaari (ra) narrated that the Messenger of Allaah, (saw), said: "Whoever fasts Ramadhaan and then follows it with six (fasts) of Shawwal, it would be as if he fasted all his life." [Muslim]

Fasting in Sha‘baan

‘Aa’ishah (ra) said, "I never saw the Prophet (saw) fasting (voluntarily) more in any other month than that of Sha‘baan. He used to fast throughout the whole of Sha‘baan except for a few (days)." [Al-Bukhaari and Muslim]

Let us ask Allah the Most Merciful, to bestow His favors and mercy on us in this life and the next. Ameen.

Jazakallah khair.

And Allah knows the best.

did i say i was leaving? Muslima London's Avatar
    Mentioned
    419 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3738 Post(s)

in sha allah

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abdullah Fatih View Post

*sigh*

Im still digging out of my hole of kaffaarahs

WALLAHI I WILL NEVER BRAKE ANOTHER..

i mean, inshaa Allah I will never break another oath

Hey bro, check this thread out: http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...is-death)-READ

Btw:

Why not fast one day on and one day off? wouldn't that be better?

Insha-Allah.

To all the Muslims. I am your brother and I love you all for the sake of Allah. May Allah unite the Muslimeen; Ameen.

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1320 Post(s)

How weird! Jews fast two days a week, don't know what days, so do Orthodox Christians but on Tue and Thur I think. I wonder why everyone does two days?

Alhamdulillah
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ssh View Post
    How weird! Jews fast two days a week, don't know what days, so do Orthodox Christians but on Tue and Thur I think. I wonder why everyone does two days?
    Yea, It's sunnah and not compulsory. Our Prophet Muhammad (saw) use to fast Monday and Thursday.

’Aa’ishah (ra) narrated that the Prophet Muhammad (saw) , used to fast Mondays and Thursdays [An-Nasaa’i, At Tirmithi and Ibn Maajah]

Go through my post above about some other fasting days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

InshaALLAH

Mentioned
    200 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1320 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muslim4 View Post
    Yea, It's sunnah and not compulsory. Our Prophet Muhammad (saw) use to fast Monday and Thursday.

’Aa’ishah (ra) narrated that the Prophet Muhammad (saw) , used to fast Mondays and Thursdays [An-Nasaa’i, At Tirmithi and Ibn Maajah]

Go through my post above about some other fasting days.

yea I wrote them down. I know it's not compulsory but if I write down everything and do everything right from my start, then if something is way to hard then I can always stop that thing, but if I can do as much as I can and it becomes normal for me right from the off, then it's all good.

Fasting is good for ppl anyways. Great thread and info.

Alhamdulillah
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ssh View Post
    yea I wrote them down. I know it's not compulsory but if I write down everything and do everything right from my start, then if something is way to hard then I can always stop that thing, but if I can do as much as I can and it becomes normal for me right from the off, then it's all good.

Fasting is good for ppl anyways. Great thread and info.

Yes. That's better. As of now concentrate on the basics and the compulsory acts (the fardh), and rest will follow slowly and steadily inshaallah.

Information on any issue required you are most welcome.

And allah knows the best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There is no benefit to fasting at any time other than what is prescribed for Ramadan.

Unless it is done for health reasons!
    Warning! Reader please be advised: My views are based on the Quran as a religious source only. I do not acknowledge the hadith to be true religion on the basis of lack of evidence showing religious authenticity.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    76 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shahmatt View Post
    There is no benefit to fasting at any time other than what is prescribed for Ramadan.

Yet the messenger fasted Money and Thursday, and recommended the fast of Yunoos (Was it yunoos?) which is to fast one day and not fast the other.

You have spoken a lie, or have made an error, repent for it is not good to speak when lacking knowledge for you are held for it on the day of judgement.

To all the Muslims. I am your brother and I love you all for the sake of Allah. May Allah unite the Muslimeen; Ameen.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shahmatt View Post

Doing anything for the sake of Allah has benefit and reward. Stop speaking without religious proof to back up your claims.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mohamad View Post

Yet the messenger fasted Money and Thursday, and recommended the fast of Yunoos (Was it yunoos?) which is to fast one day and not fast the other.

You have spoken a lie, or have made an error, repent for it is not good to speak when lacking knowledge for you are held for it on the day of judgement.
    Quote Originally Posted by |Sister| View Post
    Doing anything for the sake of Allah has benefit and reward. Stop speaking without religious proof to back up your claims.
    I should clarify. There is no benefit to fasting at any time other than what is prescribed for Ramadhan according to the Quran.

Doing something for the sake of worship to God is fine by me. Fast by all means if this is your intention.

Prescribing the need to fast just because the prophet allegedly fasted does not constitute a religious requirement, and therefore does not result in any added religious benefit.

Do not innovate religion. Innovation is the work of satan!

An example of innovation here, from verse 136 onwards:
    http://www.sacred-texts.com/isl/quran/00616.htm

136. Out of what God Hath produced in abundance In tilth and in cattle, They assigned Him a share: They say, according to their fancies: "This is for God, and this"—
    For Our "partners"! But the share of their "partners" Reacheth not God, whilst The share of God reacheth Their "partners"! Evil(And unjust) is their assignment!
    137. Even so, in the eyes Of most of the Pagans, Their "partners" made alluring The slaughter of their children, In order to lead them To their own destruction,
    And cause confusion In their religion. If God had willed, They would not have done so: But leave alone Them and their inventions.
    Warning! Reader please be advised: My views are based on the Quran as a religious source only. I do not acknowledge the hadith to be true religion on the basis of lack of evidence showing religious authenticity.