Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Allah comes down to the sky

Please can I have somemore info and guidance on this..... I was told that Allah comes down to the seventh sky during the last 3rd of the night.....

What is the last third of the night? what time?

Why does Allah come?

Should I get up and pray at this time?

Shoo y3ni?!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Re: Allah comes down to the sky

this is one of my fav hadiths..

The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “The Lord descends every night to the lowest heaven when one-third of the night remains and says: ‘Who will call upon Me, that I may answer Him? Who will ask of Me, that I may give him? Who will seek My forgiveness, that I may forgive him?’”
    [Sahih Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

SubhanAllah. Look at the beauty of Allah swt.

The third of the night is an hour/half an hour or so before Fajr salah. You pray 2 rakats or more and ask Allah swt for anything, as the hadith says, look at His response for what you ask Him. Beautiful. Just the thought of Allah swt waiting for us at that time, waiting for us to call out His name!

Odan
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    202 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Islam.07 View Post

The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said: “The Lord descends every night to the lowest heaven when one-third of the night remains and says: ‘Who will call upon Me, that I may answer Him? Who will ask of Me, that I may give him? Who will seek My forgiveness, that I may forgive him?’”

The third of the night is an hour/half an hour or so before Fajr salah. You pray 2 rakats or more and ask Allah swt for anything, as the hadith says, look at His response for what you ask Him. Beautiful. Just the thought of Allah swt waiting for us at that time, waiting for us to call out His name!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Salaam sister brother? I can never tell if someone is a sister or bro so no offense!
    Is praying the 2 rakats same as tahujad? Is that what it is? So you would just pray 2 rakkaths and THAT is it?

Shoo y3ni?!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Afghani786 View Post
    Salaam sister brother? I can never tell if someone is a sister or bro so no offense!
    Is praying the 2 rakats same as tahujad? Is that what it is? So you would just pray 2 rakkaths and THAT is it?
    I'm in pink dude, I mean come on!

You don't need to pray 2 rakats, you can just make dua. The hadith doesn't say "Who is praying" but just asking Allah swt for forgivingness etc. But I just said 2rakats cuz that's what people usually do. It feels better too, knowing that everyone else is asleep and your standing before your Lord. If you want to see it as tahajud you can, if you want to pray Salah during the night that's qiyaam al-layl. Night prayer is so beautiful.

Also, the last third of the night is one of the best times to make dua, with this hadith as proof. Among other things such as between athaan and iqamah etc etc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm in pink dude, I mean come on!

You don't need to pray 2 rakats, you can just make dua. The hadith doesn't say "Who is praying" but just asking Allah swt for forgivingness etc. But I just said 2rakats cuz that's what people usually do. It feels better too, knowing that everyone else is asleep and your standing before your Lord. If you want to see it as tahajud you can, if you want to pray Salah during the night that's qiyaam al-layl. Night prayer is so beautiful.

Also, the last third of the night is one of the best times to make dua, with this hadith as proof. Among other things such as between athaan and iqamah etc etc.
    Im sorry lol, some guys associate with pink though. Like wear pink tops.
    BTW if you didnt have the pink..... how would I normally be able to tell if someone is a brother or sister?

Im SO sorry sister but im confused lol..... wts qiyaam al layl is that the same as tahajud??

and what about inbetween athaan and iqamah?
    Also btw is it errr.... something religious today?
    Ohh btw whns laylul qadar thus yr has it been?

Shoo y3ni?!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Im sorry lol, some guys associate with pink though. Like wear pink tops.
    BTW if you didnt have the pink..... how would I normally be able to tell if someone is a brother or sister?
    If you can't tell the gender by looking at their name, check the profile, if they haven't put it up then just don't address them with brother or sister

Im SO sorry sister but im confused lol..... wts qiyaam al layl is that the same as tahajud??
    Qiyaam al-layl lierally means standing up during the night. That is when you praying during the night say 1am or 2am.

and what about inbetween athaan and iqamah?
    In regards to the athaan and iqamah I was just touching upon the best times to make dua to Allah swt, and I mentioned this one.

Also btw is it errr.... something religious today?
    Something religious today? I don't know. =/ is it?

Ohh btw whns laylul qadar thus yr has it been?
    Didn't quite catch this question, are you asking about laylatul-Qadr? That's during the last ten days of Ramadhan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

EFFORT lol, I cba with checking every profile hah, I'll just address them as sister/brother shall I?

Ohh they are 2 completly diff things! Ahh i gte it now Ha!

Ohhh well not laylatul qadr.... but it was some holy thing either yesterday or today... my mum was saying But I forgot!

Oh and sorry about the random qs sister..... im just lookng into religons etc and am really curious and confused at times lol!

Shoo y3ni?!
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

^I don't know about the religious day, maybe someone can elaborate.

Ask all you like, as long as it brings you closer to this beautiful religion!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Would you work out the last third from Magrib to Fajr time?

Amr ibn `Absah claimed that he heard Muhammad saying:

The closest that a servant comes to his Lord is during the middle of the latter portion of the night. If you can be among those who remember Allah the Exalted One at that time, then do so.

— At-Tirmidhi

Does the latter portion mean the middle of the last third?

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    136 Post(s)

it means ... Allah's MERCY comes down and not Allah literally; to believe that Allah literally comes down is kufr for it is likening Allah to creation

Mentioned
    1066 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16058 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave of Rehman View Post
    it means ... Allah's MERCY comes down and not Allah literally; to believe that Allah literally comes down is kufr for it is likening Allah to creation
    Fear Allah you evil one who belies Allah himself. Allah DOES descend HIMSELF.
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    27 Post(s)

Hadith Anas bin Malik....
    People will not stop asking questions until they say "this is what Allaah created but..."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Lemon View Post
    Hadith Anas bin Malik....
    People will not stop asking questions until they say "this is what Allaah created but..."
    Salam, what does that mean?

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    20 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quoted
    44 Post(s)

I was so touched by the Hadiths related to your thread topic. And I started praying Tahajjud regularly.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    134 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
    Does this mean that Allah is ALWAYS descended, because since the Earth is round, it is ALWAYS the last 3rd of the night somewhere on Earth?

There wouldn't be any time in which He isn't descended then? It is always the last 3rd of the night somewhere or the other on Earth. And if He is ALWAYS descended, He wouldn't need to descend, but actually just stay there.

This is confusing.
    “Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. The grave will supply plenty of time for silence.”

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    134 Post(s)

Any follow up to my question?
    “Never be a spectator of unfairness or stupidity. The grave will supply plenty of time for silence.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikaia View Post
    Who knows nobody knows. It's like physics the faster you move the slower time goes. You perceive time to be constant but it isn't. We are constrained by our perception. The last I read of theoretical physics is that we may be inhabiting a 2D world much like a hologram looks 3D but in reality is just a flat 2D photograph. Your perception is of a round 3D planet. WE are beginning to hit the limits of our intelligence in physics we may never be able to understand the answers...

Getting back on topic could someone please confirm: -
    Would you work out the last third from Magrib to Fajr time?

Amr ibn `Absah claimed that he heard Muhammad saying:

The closest that a servant comes to his Lord is during the middle of the latter portion of the night. If you can be among those who remember Allah the Exalted One at that time, then do so.

— At-Tirmidhi

Does the latter portion mean the middle of the last third?

Mentioned
    1066 Post(s)
    Quoted
    16058 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
    Does this mean that Allah is ALWAYS descended, because since the Earth is round, it is ALWAYS the last 3rd of the night somewhere on Earth?

There wouldn't be any time in which He isn't descended then? It is always the last 3rd of the night somewhere or the other on Earth. And if He is ALWAYS descended, He wouldn't need to descend, but actually just stay there.

This is confusing.
    This is irrelevant. You don't need to dwelve into it with your human mind. We know Allah is above His throne and also descends in the last part of the night. That's all you need to know.

You are trying to apply laws of our world to Allah. Wrong.
    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    364 Post(s)

Despite being in supposedly authentic hadith books, this hadith is pure nonsense. The Lord does not descend or ascend because He isn't material, he isn't placed in a concrete location. For moving from one place to another you must be INSIDE a framework, and a framework is ALWAYS bigger than who moves inside. This is in great contradiction with "Al-lahu akbar" statementj and with "wa lam yakun lahu kufuan a7ad".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The brother is right, this has to do with matters of the unseen. it's tawqeefiyyah. We accept as we've heard it. But this might help a little. The concept of time, space, future, present is nothing to Allah (subhanahu wa ta'aala). Allah created time. Allah can decide to descend at once and it'll be the last third of the night in every city (no matter when that might be to us). Time is inconsequential when compared to the majesty of our Rabb. Our Creator. Please endeavour not to delve too much into matters of the unseen. it leads to destruction and kufr. May Allah forgive all our shortcomings