Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Mustalahul Hadeeth & Hanafi Fiqh Class with Abu Mus'ab Tuesday from 7:30PM GMT (8:30pm BST) skype: ummahradio Show Details here. - And here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Dar el Salam Travel Hajj - 2011- Horror Stories

I am opening this thread so that brothers may post horror stories of 2011 Hajj.

The group organized different price level packages/programs 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5. Programs 1, 2 and 3, priced for almost 8-10k, were treated quite differently than program 4 and 5 which were priced from 11-17k. The comments are sought from brothers who were in program 1, 2 and 3. However, you may post for other programs specially mentioning which program you were. This way people could see the difference and the deliberate act of cheating and non fulfillment of commitments for program 1 to 3.

First of all, I post my comments:

Program 2-C
    Cost $9890- Paid for Double Room
    After taking payment, we were informed that after first nine nights it will be shared on gender basis with four persons per room with attached breakfast (First sign of providing incorrect information- I am not talking of days in Mina to Muzdalifah)
    Hotels Dar el Tawhid Mecca and Move n Pick- Anwar al Madina
    First four nights in Mecca excellent
    Moved to Madina, problems started
    Upon arrival cold dinner was served by hotel management with weird, rude and arrogant attitude
    Even glasses for water were neither placed on tables nor provided upon request
    Check in was delayed in some cases till 7 am in morning whereas we got there at almost 10pm
    got room with stinking smell, only one bulb in the room, and non working A/C
    in Madina Towers.
    Hotel management refused to change the room, did spray whole can of air freshner and offered to have one. Could not use because my wife has ashtma.
    Dar el Salam management commented " Nothing can be done now. We are here for Hajj so these things are minor and so called scholars sheikhs recite verses for patience"
    The breakfast next morning was total chaotic. The space allocated for buffet was insufficient resulting in huge line ups for food and no place to sit. The hotel management responded, we are providing the agreed services.
    No communication between dar el salam (tour operator) and the prospective Hajjis
    When asked, they responded we announced in breakfast hall and you should be present there. The breakfast timing was 6:30 to 10 and diner and 6 to 10. I asked how can some one stay almost hours in the dining room to listen to the announcement and suggested to fix specific time for announcement for next day or same day programs. The management paid no heed to it.

From Madinah to Azizyah- 24 hours water, tea and juices were provided

We were informed that buses will leave at 9.Neither Dar el Salam nor the hotel provided dinner. They even did not announce that there will be no dinner. People were under the impression since buses will be leaving after 9 pm, dinner will be provided either at the hotel or by the tour operator but it was skipped. Old people dropped sugar level as they had their breakfast at almost 10 and did not wt anything. We arrviced at Azizyah (Mecca) after Fajr almost 7 so people were kept hungry for almost 24 hours in a place where retail cost for one breakfast is not more than 10 rayals (U.S. $2.5)

Arrived Azizyah,
    Quite contrary to what we were informed earlier we were put four persons per room but one wash room for eight people
    During the whole stay at Azizyah:

If you want food line up early, like beggars, for almost one hour and if you want to avoid rush, there will be no food left. Every day there was food shortage and you had to talk to some one for food ( they will give you leftovers like may be only yogurt and cake or cereal and milk quite contrary to buffet description in the CD provided by Dar el Salam). There is no close place outside where you can buy food so you are at thier mercy to kill your ego everyday
    Even when you are lined up for food, any edible food item ( daily not more than one) will never be refilled to force people to move to other substitutes which sometimes were stale, greasy, and had horrible taste

we were promised daily shuttle bus service for Salat between Haram and Azizyah which never turned into reality. If they have given you shuttle time at 11 am and you show up at that time , you will find either bus left at 10 or will be leave at 3. whenever we tried to use shuttle bus facility we had to wait for almost four hours for one way trip. You wait same amount of time for coming back. People will yell and shout to get shuttle.

Left for Minah- Location was exactly as described

Worst experience ever, Food lineups increased to more than two hours with intervals when people are lined up and there is no food. Line ups for bath rooms also started varying anywhere between 1.5 to 2 hour. Only ten washrooms for almost 2300 people. ( There was another set of 10 washrooms for program 4 and 5 for only few hundred participants). Quite ridiculously, there was not a single person lined up outside the public washrooms but for these so called VIP camp residents, you had to wait for 90 minutes. I used public washroom always and when informed Dar el Salam, they ridiculously said, Oh, that's gr8, why do not you go there.
    half of the Air-conditioning units were not working

When people complain, these so called hired sheikhs/ scholars will recite verses to be patient and concentrate on Hajj and Ibadah and food, accommodation, washrooms, non functioning A/C units are petty issues as compared to the big cause you are here for

If you ask these Sheikhs to recite few verses for those who do not commit their commitments, initially they will defend the Dar el Salam. If they see quite big number is complaining, they will either leave the scene or say, Sure, I will talk to them". Dar el Salam continuously and regularly uses services of these scholars to exploit people in the name of religion.

Left for Arafat

The management asked the people to leave at 1:30 instead of after Fajr which is Sunnah. The scholars said it is allowed as we have been provided this time slot by Saudi Hajj ministry to use train services. Later on, it was confirmed that scholars provided incorrect information and no time slots were allotted by the Hajj ministry.

In Arafat the situation for everything truly reflected Murphy's law and "Anything that could go wrong did go wrong".

Left for Muzdalifah, No coordination, communication as a result of which few people were left out and later joined at their own
    It is Sunnah to leave Muzdalifah after Fajr but here again the management with the connivance of so called scholars asked people to leave at 1:30 am. They said you may stay if you want but the last train will leave at 1:30. Those who have been blessed with Hajj know that Hajjis keep on coming at Muzdalifah till midnight so how last train can leave at 1:30. Many people were scared and left at 1:30 make life of Dar el Salam management easy. The train services were continuously provided throughout the day as we left at almost 7.

Came back to Mina - No lunch and dinner provided. The program 1, 2, and 3 participants were embarrased with the announcement that lunch is provided to VIP program participants only. However, you may come to their tents to get food.

Moved to Aziziyah. Had to stay five nights in Azizyah nsead of 2 nights Story continued as I want my fellow brothers to comment.
    Some people were moved from Madina after only one night to Azizyah and so called hired scholars , it is more sawab to pray in Hram so we are moving you. ( But that is not what you promised, you become to the resident of hell fire to help the owner by playing emotional games. If you promised four nights Madina, you must provide them)

I personally asked Hajji Mustafa, the owner, why it happened to which he had no response. However, the seriousness of the owner can be auged from the fact that he promised to provide shuttle for Haram to compensate us at 3 am. The shuttle never showed up.
    Some scholars tried to defend that situation is so fluid in Hajj and 10th to 13th ZilHajj nothing can be anticipated but they could not respond why this did not apply to people who bought packages for more than $11k.

Re: Dar el Salam Travel Hajj - 2011- Horror Stories

Wow!!!..........need time to digest this

Hey that sounds really bad! I went through a company called Panama Travel and it was really good and i cannot ask for anymore. I can imagine how bad it may have been thanks to god i booked with a good company. Jazak'Allah Khairun to all at Panama Travel for arranging a problem free Hajj. The pre-hajj seminar meant that we were well prepared for Hajj and during the whole tour we had no problems. I highly reccommend Panama Travel to all brothers and sisiters. Also check out there website www.HajjUmrahTrip.co.uk

oh dear.

.dum.vita.est.spes.est. Pippin1376's Avatar

It's best to simply say alhamdulillah and ask Allah that the hardship you faced is a means to cleanse your sins. To post the bad things that happened during Hajj doesn't do anyone any good. Not to those reading it or you who is the one posting it.
    "...And never give up hope of Allah's Soothing Mercy: truly no one despairs of Allah's Soothing Mercy, except those who have no faith."
    Surah Yusuf
    [12:87]

.:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by Pippin1376 View Post
    It's best to simply say alhamdulillah and ask Allah that the hardship you faced is a means to cleanse your sins. To post the bad things that happened during Hajj doesn't do anyone any good. Not to those reading it or you who is the one posting it.
    There were people within our group who did nothing but complain about their experience - I had nothing but good things to say about our group. There is nothing 'horrific' about ones haj experience - regardless of ones experiences.

One who is personally invited to the house of God is truly a very blessed person.

One of the shaykhs in our group said that two people within the same group will encounter the same experiences but will have very different stories to tell others upon their return.

By posting both good and bad experiences on this forums it helps to stop people getting ripped off by dodgy Hajj tour companies.

.dum.vita.est.spes.est. Pippin1376's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by islam_4eva View Post
    By posting both good and bad experiences on this forums it helps to stop people getting ripped off by dodgy Hajj tour companies.
    That's why it's best to speak with people before choosing a Hajj company. In any case, when you have the chance to go to Allah's House for Hajj it is not due to you or the company that helped you go, but only via Allah's Mercy. He wanted you to come and you were able to come. Yes, there will always be hardships and some missteps, but it doesn't befit a believer to complain about their time there when Allah personally invited them.
    "...And never give up hope of Allah's Soothing Mercy: truly no one despairs of Allah's Soothing Mercy, except those who have no faith."
    Surah Yusuf
    [12:87]

.:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

aint read the entire thread but omg!!!!

I can't believe people actually had to be patient with things on hajj?!?!?!

I can't believe they gave cold food. That's a disgrace. Im surprised the hajjis didn't cancel their holiday tour . . . . oops I mean "hajj package" . . . and return back to the UK.

Let me suggest that next time, the said hajjis should spend their 3000 odd quid on a top of the range 5 star hotel in Dubai Shareef. Im sure that money will be well spent and you wont get any cold food!!
    Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Medievalist View Post
    aint read the entire thread but omg!!!!

I can't believe people actually had to be patient with things on hajj?!?!?!

I can't believe they gave cold food. That's a disgrace. Im surprised the hajjis didn't cancel their holiday tour . . . . oops I mean "hajj package" . . . and return back to the UK.

Let me suggest that next time, the said hajjis should spend their 3000 odd quid on a top of the range 5 star hotel in Dubai Shareef. Im sure that money will be well spent and you wont get any cold food!!

lol.. well said!

Quote Originally Posted by LondonGal View Post
    One of the shaykhs in our group said that two people within the same group will encounter the same experiences but will have very different stories to tell others upon their return.
    Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.

That's why it's best to speak with people before choosing a Hajj company. In any case, when you have the chance to go to Allah's House for Hajj it is not due to you or the company that helped you go, but only via Allah's Mercy. He wanted you to come and you were able to come. Yes, there will always be hardships and some missteps, but it doesn't befit a believer to complain about their time there when Allah personally invited them.
    The hadith comes to mind of the Bedouin who left his camel untied. The Prophet (pbuh) asked him, “Why don’t you tie down your camel?” The Bedouin answered, “I placed my trust in Allah.” The Prophet replied, “Tie your camel and place your trust in Allah.”

I believe researching Hajj tour operators as much is possible is tying your camel! Hardship is one thing but being mis-sold a product is something else.

As a general side point Dar El Salam are not a UK operator.
    Last edited by islam_4eva; 15-11-11 at 10:51 PM.

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by islam_4eva View Post
    The difficulties encountered by Hajji's during Haj are from Allah.

They are a test to see how one will react in such situations. The haj we have today, where we travel by coach, fly by plane, do our tawaaf/sae on marble flooring, sit in the mosque with AC, sleep in tents in Mina under AC, have breakfast/dinner etc included in the hotels that we are staying in is NOTHING like the haj that the pious people used to perform in the past....the kind of haj they performed on foot walking for YEARS to get to those blessed places.

Nothing is more burdenson or painful on the devil then the day of Arafah/journey of haj and he will do everything he can do to stop haji's from getting there or from getting the most of their experience.

Everyone who returns from haj returns as sinless as a newborn baby.

120 mercies descend on the Kabah daily - 60 for those who are performingh tawaaf. 40 on those who are doing salah. 20 on those who are looking at the kabah.

One salah/good deed in Makkah is worth 100,000 and in Madina it is worth 50,000 (some say 1000).

Duas get accepted at many many blessed places during the process of Haj.

When haji's do tawaaf they do so DIRECTLY under the throne of Allah - beneath the tawaaf that is being performed by the blessed angels around His throne.

There is no reward for a accepted haj, other than Jannah.

Even 40days after the haji's return to their home countries, their duas continue to get accepted.

So please explain, how excactly is a haji getting ripped off, regardless of which tour operator he/she is travelling with?

So please explain, how excactly is a haji getting ripped off, regardless of which tour operator he/she is travelling with?
    By paying for a service they don't get.

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by Listener_x View Post
    By paying for a service they don't get.
    When you're in a small confined space, amongst 4million people, all doing the same thing at the same time, its is sometimes very diffcult to get the same comforts that you're used to living in the West - regardless of how many thousands of pounds you have spent on your haj.

But if you focus on the spiritual benefits over your physical inconveniences you realise that you cant put a price on what you return with.

The difficulties encountered by Hajji's during Haj are from Allah.

They are a test to see how one will react in such situations. The haj we have today, where we travel by coach, fly by plane, do our tawaaf/sae on marble flooring, sit in the mosque with AC, sleep in tents in Mina under AC, have breakfast/dinner etc included in the hotels that we are staying in is NOTHING like the haj that the pious people used to perform in the past....the kind of haj they performed on foot walking for YEARS to get to those blessed places.

Nothing is more burdenson or painful on the devil then the day of Arafah/journey of haj and he will do everything he can do to stop haji's from getting there or from getting the most of their experience.

Everyone who returns from haj returns as sinless as a newborn baby.

120 mercies descend on the Kabah daily - 60 for those who are performingh tawaaf. 40 on those who are doing salah. 20 on those who are looking at the kabah.

One salah/good deed in Makkah is worth 100,000 and in Madina it is worth 50,000 (some say 1000).

Duas get accepted at many many blessed places during the process of Haj.

When haji's do tawaaf they do so DIRECTLY under the throne of Allah - beneath the tawaaf that is being performed by the blessed angels around His throne.

There is no reward for a accepted haj, other than Jannah.

Even 40days after the haji's return to their home countries, their duas continue to get accepted.

Do you think this is acceptable? http://www.birminghammail.net/news/t...7319-29706336/

Assalaam Alakoum

Some of you guys shock me you really do... Why should people not speak up when they are missold something, whatever it may be??? Would you want somebody else to go through being conned, missold something or basically looted?

I sent my Parents on Hajj with Hajj and Umrah Express. And I solely did this on the recommendation of a Mr Ismail Simjee on this website.
    Now, I don't know if he recieves commission or whatnot for this, but he equated Hajj adn Umrah Express in the top three Hajj companies, on par with Al-Hidayaa.
    Now I know people who have travelled with Al-Hidayaa and they come very highly recommended on all levels. Sadly, their prices were too much, and so i settled with the Premium package with HAUE (Hajj and Umrah Express).

They are not the worst, but for what they charged (over 4k each) it wasnt great. They promised a 5* and a 4* hotel, actually received a 4* and barely 3* hotel.

Transport from Haram to and from hotel was sporadic to say the least. My Parents are old, and my Mother suffers with her legs, so the walking has caused her alot of damage.

Alot of the food they supplied, they would stop at bustops and rely on the charity of the locals who would distribute food boxes

My parents basically perfomed the Hajj themselves, the guides were of not use whatsoever.

Now, I know that you are meant to hardships, but then, why should these operaters be allowed to lie and we should put and put up.

Its so wrong, and I hope Allah gives them what they deserve, because there is no care for the Hajjis themselves.

When you're in a small confined space, amongst 4million people, all doing the same thing at the same time, its is sometimes very diffcult to get the same comforts that you're used to living in the West - regardless of how many thousands of pounds you have spent on your haj.

But if you focus on the spiritual benefits over your physical inconveniences you realise that you cant put a price on what you return with.
    Sister I don't disagree with what you're saying on the spiritual benefits and rewards from Allah Insha'Allah. Everyone knows how busy Hajj season is and the patience required by pilgrims.

What I'm saying is when someone has paid good money for a particular service and are promised certain criteria, they should receive these from the Hajj operator. Food and accommodation should be arranged in advance and provided as stated. Imagine if you bought a car which was spec'd to include air con, 20" alloys, leather memory seats etc and you only received standard accessories... you wouldn't accept it. As the sister above has said, people should speak up when mis-sold something so others can be aware Insha'Allah.

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by Listener_x View Post
    Sister I don't disagree with what you're saying on the spiritual benefits and rewards from Allah Insha'Allah. Everyone knows how busy Hajj season is and the patience required by pilgrims.

What I'm saying is when someone has paid good money for a particular service and are promised certain criteria, they should receive these from the Hajj operator. Food and accommodation should be arranged in advance and provided as stated. Imagine if you bought a car which was spec'd to include air con, 20" alloys, leather memory seats etc and you only received standard accessories... you wouldn't accept it. As the sister above has said, people should speak up when mis-sold something so others can be aware Insha'Allah.
    Food is very difficult to acquire during Haj time - regardless of the hotel you are staying in. Again, its due to the demands of trying to cater for millions of people at the same time.

Our haj operator visited our hotel months prior to booking it for the group - he was satisfied with the food and the service. However, even he couldnt have anticpated for what would have happened when over 3000 people were trying to access the lifts, canteen and asking for the same services at the same time.

Transportation comes from the goverment. They can send 3 coaches instead of 4, they can send bad quality coaches that have broken AC's, they can send coaches that arrive up to 10hours late. This is up to the goverment of transportation who are trying to liase with and organise coaches for millions of people. It is not the group organisers fault when there are delays or problems.

A hotel that is graded 4* or 5* by the saudi government is very different to a hotel that is graded 4* or 5* by western standards. I stayed in a 4* hotel. By my standard it was not 4*. However, it was clearly marked as being a 4* hotel. The standard clearly differs. People who go to Saudi for Haj/Umrah should be aware of this.

And lastly, if I was buying a car which four million people were trying to buy, access, and use at the same time - then I would understand why I didnt get exactly what I paid for. I wish people would see what goes behind the work in trying to faciliate haj for others.

I wish people would focus on the positives of Haj and look at the bigger picture instead of being bogged down with issues to do with food and accomodations.

I got to the stage of burn out during the last few days I was there - I was physically ready to collapse. However, what kept me going is the thought that this is possibly 5-10 days out of my entire life....blessed days that I may or may not get again...so who really cares if I'm ill, tired, not sleeping or eating properly...I can always do that when I return home (which is exactly what I'm doing now)....however, I may never get the opportunity to be a guest in the house of Allah again.
    Last edited by LondonGal; 16-11-11 at 04:57 PM.

salaam to all the forum users,

I understand what Londongal is saying and in many respects she is right.

When I went for hajj in 2005 with my family I promised myself that no matter what happened I would have sabr if things went wrong etc. I was just grateful to Allah for allowing me to visit his house and also his prophets (pbuh) masjid in madina.

However this discussion isnt really about sabr ( large crowds etc), or gratefulness to Allah, it is more to do with paying for a service that was not provided by the tour operators.

When I book on a hajj package I would check the price quoted by the operator and which hotels I will be staying at. If I am happy with what has been offered I will hand over my money happly and also ask Allah to make my hajj easy for me.

So If I paid to stay at eg Dar Al Tawhid Intercontinental, but when I get there I am placed in eg Al Massa hotel, (nothing wrong with al massa by the way) naturally I will feel agrieved that I have been ripped off.

I went with Al Hiddyah on a 3 star standard package in 2005 and they gave me exactly what they promised, but I still had to have sabr with crowds, being in mina etc but the crucial point is they gave me what I had paid for.

Hope that makes sense insha allah

Quote Originally Posted by Zainab_B View Post
    Assalaam Alakoum

I sent my Parents on Hajj with Hajj and Umrah Express. And I solely did this on the recommendation of a Mr Ismail Simjee on this website.
    Now, I don't know if he recieves commission or whatnot for this
    Wa'alaikum aslaam, do you have any evidence for this comment?

Salaams,

No I do not, Which is why it is posed as a question. Its just that he bigged up this company sooo much, and in reality, it is not very good. Secondly, mentioning his name to the boss, got some ppl a discount, of differing amounts.

I find all of this very ominous.

Wasalaam.

Salaams,

No I do not, Which is why it is posed as a question. Its just that he bigged up this company sooo much, and in reality, it is not very good. Secondly, mentioning his name to the boss, got some ppl a discount, of differing amounts.

I find all of this very ominous.

Wasalaam.
    Ominous or not, you were sceptical about Travel Express BEFORE your parent travelled. I did not BIG this company but, rather, giving my assesment of them in comparison to others in the league.

Casting a doubt in your mind is a prerogative of yours but attempting to plant that in others even as a question, in itself, is an allegation nevertheless.

I recommend over 15 UK based companies while in business offering haj and umra myself. Find me one other tour operator who do this.

Just because you had doubts about this company before your parent travelled and had not met the expected service does not mean that Travel Express are a failure or misled you.

Just read the comment on Dar es Salam. This is a US/Canada based large company with the highest reputation. It is like Al Hidaya in UK. Paying high price and having high expectation is natural with value for money as a norm. However, no one but no one can deliver 100% given the nature of haj and the sheer logistics involved.

Think again before casting doubts. You are not te first one to accuse me as a commissioned agent for others and probably wont be the last either. A recommendation is just that and you are not obliged to take it. I don't expect to be thanked if my recommendation works. If it does'nt, then I dont expect to be accused of being paid commission either.

yeah things go wrong during hajj. its not the agents fault all the time-im not making excuses for them some ARE pitiful- but just pointing out a fact that considering the number of people there etc, its not always the agents fault when things go awry.

also, you (generally speaking) have just come back from an amazing journey, an amazing experience, a solidifying, inshaAllah, experience that has bought you closer to Allah and your deen. keep the horror stories to a minimum, don't backbite without solid facts, and if there sincerely was something wrong in the way your group treated you, then take action discreetly, without needlessly exposing. who knows, you (again, generally speaking) taking action in the manner of a Muslim with good akhlaaq, may make the agent feel some shame in his actions and change.
    The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
    (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
    In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

generally these food boxes are given out free by the saudi government, during coach trips from medina to makkah, these journeys may take up to 9+ hours due to traffic (on a normal day, it would take up to 5 hours maybe less) and majority groups don't provide food for this. you take snacks with you, or when you stop for salah, you may find kiosks selling drinks, sandwhiches etc. it would be difficult for the group to provide you with food during a bus journey, it would be stone cold and may go bad in the heat.

Alot of the food they supplied, they would stop at bustops and rely on the charity of the locals who would distribute food boxes
    The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '

Transportation comes from the goverment. They can send 3 coaches instead of 4, they can send bad quality coaches that have broken AC's, they can send coaches that arrive up to 10hours late. This is up to the goverment of transportation who are trying to liase with and organise coaches for millions of people. It is not the group organisers fault when there are delays or problems.
    Some groups like Dar El Salam use private coaches and not government ones.

you can have problems even with private coaches.

I will draw a line under what I said. I apologize Mr Simjee. However I stand by my opinion. Hajj And Umrah Express are not good. Out of 10 I would rate them 3, as atleast they did not run off with the money. However, they need to be honest, and this goes for every Hajj operator.
    If you are not going to provide transport for Hajjis to and from places. Do not state that you will. My Mother relied on the transport, and when not was provided and not even a reason was given. That is simply unproffessional. And then to turn off your mobile phone, so the Hajjis cant reach you. Well, would anybody be happy?

Some people spend their entire savings inorder to complete Hajj, and I think dishonesty regarding wht they are getting is unacceptable. The thing is, talk to alot of people from the HAUE group and they will tell you the same: a company that promises lots, but falls short even more.

Nice brochure but I would leave it at that.

Quote Originally Posted by KeeKee View Post
    you can have problems even with private coaches.
    Yes you can, but not to the level you get with government coaches.
    Last edited by islam_4eva; 17-11-11 at 02:04 PM.

Asalamu Aleykum Brothers and Sisters. I read with interest the complaints and disappointments of those who used Dar El Salam. I also noticed a Positive tone from someone who recommended another travel agent which he says was super and had no bad experience.

I just wanted to mention that, the success of a Hajj is based on how submissive, accepting and accommodating one can be during the period of Hajj. I have done Hajj twice each time with a different company. In both cases, I faced many challenges and sometimes you want to put up a fight to get your rightly promised value for money, but let me say that the value for your money is with Allah who invited you to His house. I don't mean to pardon cheating or ripping people's money by promising things that were not delivered. What I want to say is that honest communication is very important during Hajj. When people make honest complaint or observation, it is important that there is sound and reliable answer from the organizer. I think that is where Dar El Salaam failed.

On the othe hand, every travel agent is usually faced with surprises from the Government Ministry of Hajj. Even if you are promised a smooth timetable on the ground, just be ready for the worst. I think it is important to leave home prepared for the worst because even the organizers would not know the unknown. I used Dar El Salaam for my. Second Hajj and the experience was super compared to the first travel agent. I can say that I will use them again and again because, they have never left one Hajj stranded at the airport. By the way this is the worst experience you can have in Saudi Arabia. I have seen other companies which drop off their Hajj at the airport and you are left to fight for yourself to get your flight out. Dar el Salaam will be there with you to be sure you board and go home with no extra hustle. With my first Hajj, we had few brothers and Sisters who had their return tickets cancelled at the airport and there was no one from the company who was there to help them. They ended up spending two extra nights in Saudi at their own expense and todate they have not been able to get the refund from the company.

So what I want to say is that, bad as it may be portrayed here about Dar el Salaam, I have seen worse and it could be even worse. One important thing to do is to pack a positive attitude when you head out of your door for Hajj. In your hand luggage make sure you pack the following:
    1. Alhamdullilah - this simple word will carry you through long lines, cold foods, over crowded bathrooms, changed schedules etc. when you praise Allah for anything that happens during your Hajj, He is cognizant and your rewarded accordingly. Complaining at His party will make you lose the points. Just think of it, so what if I paid 11k and the guy ripped me off? Allah is Just..Al Haq, and He will never ripp you of your effort for His cause.

2. Inna Lillah SA Inna Illaihi Rajoon: For us human beings, we were created weak. A little problem for us is a musiba or equated to death. When you have no shuttle for two hrs, do zikri Allah instead of counting minutes of delay or do extra prayer right where you are. Any place in Mecca is sacred and your salat earns extra rewards. if a long wait for you is like death then say this doua and you will immediately please Allah for your submission.

3. Voluntary spirit: it can be overwhelming for organizers on the ground. It is good if you volunteer to share your room even if you paid for only two. However, the organizer Must be open with people about the shortage of spaces...which can happen last minute and completely out of their control. Volunteer to manage people in the bathrooms. The organizers won't have time for this but you can. For example, I decided that every morning I would stand in the bathroom to make sure that the Old and pregnant Sisters went in first. Also I made sure that only two bathrooms would be used for shower leaving the rest for we wee only and this makes the line moving. I also made sure that each entrance was timed so that maximum 3 minutes were spent in the weweee bathrooms. It just needs that extra willingness to volunteer and lead and help. I must say that I got a lot of cursing from Sisters who are not used to compromising their comforts. But in my heart I had only one intention, to please Him who invited me and not to pay attention to anything else.....Ooh it worked. I even had more volunteers for the rest of our stay.

4. Important package to keep tight with you is Takbir and Tahlil...you are among the very few Mankind that Allah has invited you to His Sacred Home. Make Takbir and Tahlil because there are a lot of millionaires who would never get such an invite. I know Muslims with lots of money But they don't even think of doing Hajj because ASWT has sealed their hearts. They do not see the need to try spending their money for that cause.

No matter what the hardships you face, no matter how much you think your fellow Borthers who organized the trip for you ripped you off, no matter whether you die in Mecca or come home alive, know that you were among the very few fortunate Muslims. Strive to please Allah for every second you are in Mecca for Shaitan will try to distract you from the very best cause of your life. Your weapon??? The hand luggage packing list above will crack the Shaitan down.

We forget things because we are descendants of our father Adam. He was also forgetful but he repented and Allah is Oft Forgiving. He wanted to live 1000 yrs but forgot he had given some of his yrs to his descendant. Once he was reminded, he submitted.

Brothers and Sisters, let us submitt and thrive to pass the test. All those hardships during Hajj are part of your test from Allah.

InshaAllah your next Hajj will be very pleasant. Pack properly...Aim only to get Allah rate you as a formidable guest....until then Asalamu Aleykumu.

Account Disabled

Mashallah my dear Brother really your company is very good. i have check your website. it's really good job.
    Inshallah if i have capacity go for Um rah and Hajj i will contact with you.

Since a picture is worth a thousand words...

Our Dar El Salam tent in Mina during Hajj 2011.

IMG_0444.jpg

Account Disabled

Well, this is the duty of hajj and umrah packages provider companies to facilitate their customers during hajj and umrah. Companies like these ruin the image of even good umrah service provider companies and such agents must be exposed.
    Last edited by Amir Seo; 03-04-12 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Grammar mistakes

Quote Originally Posted by Ali_qureshi View Post

IMG_0444.jpg
    I'm not defending Dar El Salam in any way but that image is pretty much what you get in Mina regardless of which company you travel with.

IMG_0444.jpg
    Ali_Qureshi, what are you implying? This is Mina and, looking at the picture, this is pretty good...mattresses, pillows and blankets.

3.5million hujjaj have to be housed in a valley which is no more than 2x2 kilometers if Mina was a square. What do you expect?

Our Nabi,SAW, drew the boundary of Mina and no authority on earth can change that. If it was permissable to change, the Saudis would have done that long ago and expanded the valley to allow more hujjajs in and also more comfortable stay.

I think, in the future, they may well be inclined to remove the tents and replace with tower blocks like the ones you see next to Jamaraat. Only then can you criticise your haj group if they crammed you in as the picture illustrates. However, you will have to wait a few years though.
    Last edited by Ismail Simjee; 03-04-12 at 10:12 PM.

al salam aleikom, i live in miami and are planing on going to umrah inshallah next month, ive checked dar elsalam and looks good should i go with this company or do you recommend another company in the states.

jazakem allah kheir .

Quote Originally Posted by Isma View Post
    Hey that sounds really bad! I went through a company called Panama Travel and it was really good and i cannot ask for anymore. I can imagine how bad it may have been thanks to god i booked with a good company. Jazak'Allah Khairun to all at Panama Travel for arranging a problem free Hajj. The pre-hajj seminar meant that we were well prepared for Hajj and during the whole tour we had no problems. I highly reccommend Panama Travel to all brothers and sisiters. Also check out there website www.HajjUmrahTrip.co.uk
    Where Panama Travel is located and what is their address?

Regards
    Rafiq

IMG_0444.jpg
    We went with Nabil Hajj Tour Company in 2010 on the Deluxe package. Mina was not like this for us. There was loads of space for everyone! So what is going on here in this pic....it looks awful.....what did you pay for?