Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    شهيد إن شاء الله
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

for the sake of Allah, sponsor an orphan

my dear brothers and sisters:

my dear brothers and sisters, we all know the virtues of sponsoring an orphan. but just to refresh our memories, and soften our hearts, i will post some things:

Allah Most High says in the Qur’an, "So as for the orphans, do not oppress them, and as for beggars, do not berate them," (93:9-10) and the Almighty says, "Have you seen him who denies the deen? He is the one who harshly rebuffs the orphan and does not urge the feeding of the poor." (107:1-3)

are we of those who rebuff the orphan?

Sahl ibn Sa'd reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "I and those who care for orphans will be in the Garden like this," and he pointed with his forefinger and middle finger and made an opening between them." [al-Bukhari]

Ibn 'Umar reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "The Muslim is the brother of the Muslim. He should not wrong him nor surrender him to his enemy. Allah will take care of the needs of anyone who takes care of the needs of his brother. On the Day of Rising Allah will dispel the anxiety of anyone who dispels the anxiety of another Muslim. On the Day of Rising Allah will veil anyone who veils another Muslim." [Agreed upon]

we live here in the west, where our taxes have plated a part in the sponsorship of the terrorism in our lands. the least we can do is try to help fix the mess we helped to create.

i call uppon us to remember our own sins, however big or small they may be, and then ask yourself if you think you can get into jennah. can we afford to waste any time in doing good deeds? i say no.

ironically today is remembrance day. a day where million of people are going to remember jahils who fought for jahiliya. instead we should remember those who truly need to be remembered and thats the orphans and the widows. millions of orphans and widows are exposed and vonerable to physical and financial exploitation. we all know what people are capable of doing to the weak and oppressed. if we can even save one orphan or widow from being exploited in any way, then maybe perhaps Allah will save us from some type of exploitation on the day where not even a a single breath you took will be missing from the record.

http://www.uwt.org/site/project_details.asp?id=149

i ask all of us to give what we can and if we cant give, then pass the message onto your friends and family and make the intention to give when you have the means available to you.

may Allah help our brothers and sisters in need, ameen.
    Last edited by uncle umar; 11-11-11 at 01:19 PM.
    And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allâh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allâh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

شهيد إن شاء الله
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Re: for the sake of Allah, sponsor an orphan

Quote Originally Posted by .mirror. View Post

How about all of us members pitch in and start sponsoring one child? It only take 25 pounds a month. That's nothing.

Maybe, someone can set up an account where we can donate electronically?

Do we have something like this already?
    thata boy. usin' the ol' noggin i see. why don i thunk of dat.
    And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allâh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allâh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

sponsor an orphan

Shoo y3ni?!
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

How about all of us members pitch in and start sponsoring one child? It only take 25 pounds a month. That's nothing.

I don't think we do?

Count me in

شهيد إن شاء الله
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

bump

sponsor an orphan

ایک بار پکار کے تو دیکھو .mirror.'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3883 Post(s)

I'll try to get something set up.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Shoo y3ni?!
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Bump.

سُبْحَانَ اللّهِ وَ بِحَم safzis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

subhanAllah i REAAAAALLY want to sponsor an orphan, which is why im looking for a job so i can start giving more money to charity and to sponsor an orphan inshaAllah, please make duaa i get a job ameeenn !
    Last edited by safzis; 23-05-12 at 04:51 PM.
    "Every soul will taste death, and you will only be given your [full] compensation on the Day of Resurrection. So he who is drawn away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise has attained [his desire]. And what is the life of this world except the enjoyment of delusion". 3:185

سُبْحَانَ اللّهِ وَ بِحَم safzis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'll try to get something set up.
    assllamualaikum im interested, hav u set anything uP?
    "Every soul will taste death, and you will only be given your [full] compensation on the Day of Resurrection. So he who is drawn away from the Fire and admitted to Paradise has attained [his desire]. And what is the life of this world except the enjoyment of delusion". 3:185

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3883 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by safzis View Post
    assllamualaikum im interested, hav u set anything uP?

Yup. It's already been two months and we've started sponsoring an orphan. Alhamdulillah. If you want more info, PM me .

I made a thread in Muslim Only Section, but I think you aren't in there yet.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Yup. It's already been two months and we've started sponsoring an orphan. Alhamdulillah. If you want more info, PM me .

I made a thread in Muslim Only Section, but I think you aren't in there yet.
    How do I donate with you guys?

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3883 Post(s)

If you wan details, PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Islam.07 View Post
    I don't think we do?
    I did with two other sisters because I have a quite irregular income. One of us gave her banking accounts and the two others give her the 2/3 left. But we sponsored 2 orphans, and we pay only 30euros each.
    My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
    Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I want to sponsor an orphan but I am not too sure about these 'sponsoring' places I see all the time on TV here. I've heard that "Chlid Foundation" (some christian orgnaizatioin) is elgit but it's $28.00 a month but I need to save my money for college. And we don't have orphanges here in America like the third world does. I'm going to try to talk my husabnd into sending sheep to palestine (of course it's going to be expensive) through Islamicity (we've done this before for Eid Al Adha back in.... 2009 I think?). I haven'at seen any Muslim oprganizations that sppsonor orphans and I think that's sdad. To be honest I dont' really trust these onlien organizations, Iw orry that the kids won't get any money at all that I send them and I'm not soo sure I belive they actauly write the letters if you decide to write htem letters either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Asalamu alaikum Brother,

Please send me details of this. JazakAllah

Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3883 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sunnyhorse View Post
    I want to sponsor an orphan but I am not too sure about these 'sponsoring' places I see all the time on TV here. I've heard that "Chlid Foundation" (some christian orgnaizatioin) is elgit but it's $28.00 a month but I need to save my money for college. And we don't have orphanges here in America like the third world does. I'm going to try to talk my husabnd into sending sheep to palestine (of course it's going to be expensive) through Islamicity (we've done this before for Eid Al Adha back in.... 2009 I think?). I haven'at seen any Muslim oprganizations that sppsonor orphans and I think that's sdad. To be honest I dont' really trust these onlien organizations, Iw orry that the kids won't get any money at all that I send them and I'm not soo sure I belive they actauly write the letters if you decide to write htem letters either.
    There are many, actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Rememberer View Post
    Asalamu alaikum Brother,

Please send me details of this. JazakAllah

Check wall

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There are many but many charities are scams, in fact Charities are one of the biggest scam out there

If you use a charity how do you know how much of your money is sent to the cause and how much they use for their own administration charges, marketing materials on glossy paper, advertising etc ?

However if someone has a list or names of reputable charities that have/give proof, please put them up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    There are many but many charities are scams, in fact Charities are one of the biggest scam out there

If you use a charity how do you know how much of your money is sent to the cause and how much they use for their own administration charges, marketing materials on glossy paper, advertising etc ?

However if someone has a list or names of reputable charities that have/give proof, please put them up

When you sponsor everything goes to the orphan, the price changes according to the country. Im with Islamic Relief, but there's also Muslim Hands which are legit inchallah.

I dont agree with you about your view on "marketing'", I wouldn't call it "marketing" in this case but awareness and it is always a huge part of a charity. So that costs yes but it is still for good reasons. They still know how to use the money. The money for orphans goes to orphans. Saqaqa like 1/10/100 pounds or whatever may go to administration charges
    Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Massilia View Post
    When you sponsor everything goes to the orphan, the price changes according to the country. Im with Islamic Relief, but there's also Muslim Hands which are legit inchallah.

I dont agree with you about your view on "marketing'", I wouldn't call it "marketing" in this case but awareness and it is always a huge part of a charity. So that costs yes but it is still for good reasons. They still know how to use the money. The money for orphans goes to orphans. Saqaqa like 1/10/100 pounds or whatever may go to administration charges
    You might not agree but I've seen it done in person, I have friends who are accountants and lawyers and they talk about these crooks all day long, I know people who have signed up with charities by mistake to make a simple donation, but later they get bombarded by mail and posters and adverts, begging them to sign up and donate and what's worse is, these materials aren't on simple paper but they are like catalouges of good glossy paper and coloured, I guess they still know how to use the money and make good use of it eh ? Will in the average person it raises red flags, I'm not saying that there are not reputable charities out there, for the one's you stated, are you a worker for them and also do you have proof for where the money goes ?

Yes awareness is a huge part, but there is also a thing called 'propionate' and 'reasonableness', there was a survey done recently that Britian gives a few million pounds in charity each year but not even half that money reaches the people it was given for, so if people use ALLAH and his Prophet's name and show you some pictures of people in distress, don't be easily fooled and start giving your money away, in fact find proper means where you will know your money gets there 100%-that's my look on it anyway

الإسلام هو الحياة sis_on_sunnah's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Brother, with places like world vision then they use the money that you give them to make glossy magazines, cards etc but our Muslim charities are not like that. UWT is a 100% donation policy walhamdulillah and you don't need to worry about money going to their administration and things because I am pretty sure that they use gift aid for that.

Wallahu aalum
    http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

الإسلام هو الحياة sis_on_sunnah's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)

Also, I'd just like to point out that you don't need a job/steady income to sponsor an orphan insha Allah

You can raise money by doing a sponsored walk, or having a cake sale (!) or even selling old things that you don't need anymore. Insha Allah you will get a lot of ajar for going out of your way to help those in need. Remember, every little helps.
    http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sis_on_sunnah View Post
    Brother, with places like world vision then they use the money that you give them to make glossy magazines, cards etc but our Muslim charities are not like that. UWT is a 100% donation policy walhamdulillah and you don't need to worry about money going to their administration and things because I am pretty sure that they use gift aid for that.

Wallahu aalum
    Do you have proof or is that just heresay ? Sorry to say but don't be fooled by the name of Muslim, people often use it to further their own desires, seen it happen loads of times for other things and it is pretty sad but sadly it does happen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
    You might not agree but I've seen it done in person, I have friends who are accountants and lawyers and they talk about these crooks all day long, I know people who have signed up with charities by mistake to make a simple donation, but later they get bombarded by mail and posters and adverts, begging them to sign up and donate and what's worse is, these materials aren't on simple paper but they are like catalouges of good glossy paper and coloured, I guess they still know how to use the money and make good use of it eh ? Will in the average person it raises red flags, I'm not saying that there are not reputable charities out there, for the one's you stated, are you a worker for them and also do you have proof for where the money goes ?

Yes awareness is a huge part, but there is also a thing called 'propionate' and 'reasonableness', there was a survey done recently that Britian gives a few million pounds in charity each year but not even half that money reaches the people it was given for, so if people use ALLAH and his Prophet's name and show you some pictures of people in distress, don't be easily fooled and start giving your money away, in fact find proper means where you will know your money gets there 100%-that's my look on it anyway

Islamic Relief and Muslim Hands have done their part nicely, fake charities dont have practical websites, dont give recepts of your donations, dont send you the orphan's school results, or his adress so that you can send him a gift from time to time etc....Charities registered should and must release their financial status every year so that the donators see where the money is going

I admire your cautiousness but let's not fall into paranoid, it's borderly slandering the sisters and brothers working there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Massilia View Post
    Islamic Relief and Muslim Hands have done their part nicely, fake charities dont have practical websites, dont give recepts of your donations, dont send you the orphan's school results, or his adress so that you can send him a gift from time to time etc....Charities registered should and must release their financial status every year so that the donators see where the money is going

I admire your cautiousness but let's not fall into paranoid, it's borderly slandering the sisters and brothers working there.
    Not slandering no one, financial statuses can be fabricated so can a lot of other things, just saying people should be careful and take wise steps that's all. The rest ALLAH knows best.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

This Eid reminds us of him, our dear brother. May Allah accept him among the shuhada in the body of a green bird flying around in Jannah.

May Allah grant him the company of nabiyeen wa siddiqeen wa ashShuhadaa wa asSeleheen in alFirdaus!

May Allah guide his parents, his siblings(if any), and his relatives to Islam!

May Allah unite us with him in Jannah!

Ameen Ya Rabb!
    Last edited by Musaaafir; 16-10-13 at 01:38 PM.
    “Verily, I constantly renew my Islam until this very day, as up to now, I do not consider myself to have ever been a good Muslim.” Sheikh Al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (Narrated by Ibn-al Qayyim in ‘Madarij as-Salikin” 1/218)

Mentioned
    620 Post(s)
    Quoted
    909 Post(s)

bump
    "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History

Mentioned
    1272 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9311 Post(s)

:

Yes I agree, surely people those who can afford gadgets like the iphone, tablets and other techy stuff, make-up (I hope sisters who wear make up outside the home can reflect on this and see for themselves how much they spend on make up which is NOT cheap) bags, shoes, or any other material thing. People waste and throw away items so easily. My jaw drops when I see people 'flashing' their money like that, and when it comes to spending JUST £2.00 a month it suddenly becomes the end of the world and 'It's my money, I earnt it', NO you didn't earn it ALLAH SWT BLESSED YOU WITH IT.

Say Alhamdulillah, SubhanAllah, Allah hu akbar

SAY IT!!!

lol

May Allah swt make our intentions clear and for the sake of pleasing our creator only-Ameen

nice of you to have reminded us all

May Allah swt grant you jannatul firdaus and give you all the happiness you deserve, and make your grave a place of rest and peace. -Ameen
    'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    374 Post(s)

bump
    ‘If only I had done such-and-such, then such-and-such would have happened.’ Rather you should say, ‘Qaddara Allah wa ma sha a fa’ala (Allah decrees, and what He wills He does),’ for (the words) ‘If only’ open the door to the Shaytan.” (Narrated by Muslim).

Mentioned
    1272 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9311 Post(s)

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Correct my mistakes. StrivingforDeen's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Bump
    https://twitter.com/AoufF
    https://www.facebook.com/Striving4De...page_new_likes

Please share follow/like and invite your friends and family to it!

Further notice
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3016 Post(s)

rahimahullah i was thinking of ramadhan and then remembered him and the others who went before us how they had their last ramadhan, taqqabbalAllahu minhum

لا تفكر كثيرا
    بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
    The children need your prayers more than anyone else
    -------------------------------------------------------
    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1445 Post(s)

bump

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quoted
    698 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Musaaafir View Post
    This Eid reminds us of him, our dear brother. May Allah accept him among the shuhada in the body of a green bird flying around in Jannah.

May Allah grant him the company of nabiyeen wa siddiqeen wa ashShuhadaa wa asSeleheen in alFirdaus!

May Allah guide his parents, his siblings(if any), and his relatives to Islam!

May Allah unite us with him in Jannah!

Ameen Ya Rabb!
    Ameen thumma ameen
    Duas to uncle Umar
    His old posts are awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uncle umar View Post
    bump