Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    شهيد إن شاء الله
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

for the sake of Allah, sponsor an orphan

my dear brothers and sisters:

my dear brothers and sisters, we all know the virtues of sponsoring an orphan. but just to refresh our memories, and soften our hearts, i will post some things:

Allah Most High says in the Qur’an, "So as for the orphans, do not oppress them, and as for beggars, do not berate them," (93:9-10) and the Almighty says, "Have you seen him who denies the deen? He is the one who harshly rebuffs the orphan and does not urge the feeding of the poor." (107:1-3)

are we of those who rebuff the orphan?

Sahl ibn Sa'd reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "I and those who care for orphans will be in the Garden like this," and he pointed with his forefinger and middle finger and made an opening between them." [al-Bukhari]

Ibn 'Umar reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "The Muslim is the brother of the Muslim. He should not wrong him nor surrender him to his enemy. Allah will take care of the needs of anyone who takes care of the needs of his brother. On the Day of Rising Allah will dispel the anxiety of anyone who dispels the anxiety of another Muslim. On the Day of Rising Allah will veil anyone who veils another Muslim." [Agreed upon]

we live here in the west, where our taxes have plated a part in the sponsorship of the terrorism in our lands. the least we can do is try to help fix the mess we helped to create.

i call uppon us to remember our own sins, however big or small they may be, and then ask yourself if you think you can get into jennah. can we afford to waste any time in doing good deeds? i say no.

ironically today is remembrance day. a day where million of people are going to remember jahils who fought for jahiliya. instead we should remember those who truly need to be remembered and thats the orphans and the widows. millions of orphans and widows are exposed and vonerable to physical and financial exploitation. we all know what people are capable of doing to the weak and oppressed. if we can even save one orphan or widow from being exploited in any way, then maybe perhaps Allah will save us from some type of exploitation on the day where not even a a single breath you took will be missing from the record.

http://www.uwt.org/site/project_details.asp?id=149

i ask all of us to give what we can and if we cant give, then pass the message onto your friends and family and make the intention to give when you have the means available to you.

may Allah help our brothers and sisters in need, ameen.
    Last edited by uncle umar; 11-11-11 at 01:19 PM.
    And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Re: for the sake of Allah, sponsor an orphan

Ameen That's a true reminder, it's amazing how so little money here can do great things in Palestine or Iraq and Afghanistan and prevent many miseries.
    30'ish pounds/euros each month and he/she is clothed, fed, schooled.
    My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
    Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)

Ameen to the duas.
    'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Epic reminder. May Allah reward you akhi
    "And remind, for indeed, the reminder benefits the believers"(51:55)

The Snake and Malik ibn Dinar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOfrNtDw5Yc

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)

BTW, if you can, give every Friday; that's what I do, Alhamdulillah, and insha'Allah will continue to do so. I normally give my donations to Muslim Aid :

http://www.muslimaid.org/index.php/g.../donate-online

Click on 'Projects' and you'll see a list of where you can donate to (amongst other places).
    'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/

شهيد إن شاء الله
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

bump
    And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

sponsor an orphan

Mentioned
    620 Post(s)
    Quoted
    909 Post(s)

bump
    "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History

www.searching-islam.com Perseveranze's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Inshallah I already plan to. Atm I'm still at Uni, no job atm either. When I've finished my studies and get a steady job, sponsering Orhpans is one of the first things I'm going to do.

One thing that always stood out to me when I first learned more deeply about Islam is the affection and love it makes you feel for the Orphan and poor. The example of the Prophet(pbuh) is the best, he lived in a society where Orphans were oppressed, their property and wealth stolen and taken advantage of. He changed all that, adopting and showing incredible love to them.

All Muslims should emulate this Sunnah, as it is one that was very dear to Muhammad(pbuh).
    A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

www.Searching-Islam.com

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze View Post
    Inshallah I already plan to. Atm I'm still at Uni, no job atm either. When I've finished my studies and get a steady job, sponsering Orhpans is one of the first things I'm going to do.

One thing that always stood out to me when I first learned more deeply about Islam is the affection and love it makes you feel for the Orphan and poor. The example of the Prophet(pbuh) is the best, he lived in a society where Orphans were oppressed, their property and wealth stolen and taken advantage of. He changed all that, adopting and showing incredible love to them.

All Muslims should emulate this Sunnah, as it is one that was very dear to Muhammad(pbuh).
    Don't forget to say insha'Allah (very important when contemplating a future action).

www.searching-islam.com Perseveranze's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Peacenik View Post
    Don't forget to say insha'Allah (very important when contemplating a future action).
    That's why I said -

But I say Inshallah again
    A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

www.Searching-Islam.com

شهيد إن شاء الله
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

may Allah reward you

sponsor an orphan

hmm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Even better if you know an orphan or poor family and send money to them directly rather than through a middle man.

That is a lot more Islamic.

شهيد إن شاء الله
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mundo View Post
    Even better if you know an orphan or poor family and send money to them directly rather than through a middle man.

That is a lot more Islamic.
    thats impossible to do almost unless you live in these countries.

UWT also has a 100% donation policy which make it arguably the best charity to give too.

giving through a middle man is better then not giving at all but i agree that if oyu can find by yourself, then do it.

sponsor an orphan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

uwt 100% donation policy not a single penny deducted from your donation for admin or fundraising purposes.

only stating the above as alot of charity's take approx 20% from your donation and some even take money out of your zakat.

sponsor an orphan from only 83p a day,feedback given,lillah sadaqah,zakat can be used for this.

شهيد إن شاء الله
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

bump

sponsor an orphan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

bumppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

شهيد إن شاء الله
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

bump

sponsor an orphan

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

excellent thread
    ďRajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.Ē

شهيد إن شاء الله
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

bump

sponsor an orphan

شهيد إن شاء الله
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

bump again

sponsor an orphan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jazaakallah khair for such an important reminder. Millions of children have been orphaned especially due to war. They are our responsibility and Allah swt will question us regarding them. We, the Ummah are the solution to poverty etc. But we Must wake up from our slumber and Unite as ONE ummah to help those suffering. Through poverty of others Allah SWT is testing our iman and character to see what we will do to ease the suffering of those around. May Allah SWT make us sincere in our words and actions. Ameen.

شهيد إن شاء الله
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

bump

sponsor an orphan

شهيد إن شاء الله
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

bump

sponsor an orphan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

You can ask the mods to make it a sticky, there aren't any about orphans i think? Bump bump

شهيد إن شاء الله
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

bump

sponsor an orphan

شهيد إن شاء الله
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

bump

sponsor an orphan

شهيد إن شاء الله
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

bump

sponsor an orphan

شهيد إن شاء الله
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

bump

sponsor an orphan

شهيد إن شاء الله
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

bump

sponsor an orphan

شهيد إن شاء الله
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

bump

sponsor an orphan

شهيد إن شاء الله
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

bump

sponsor an orphan

شهيد إن شاء الله
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

bump

sponsor an orphan

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

JazakAllah Brother for a necessary reminder, Allah(s.w.t.) has indeed blessed us so much.

Odan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

شهيد إن شاء الله
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

bump

sponsor an orphan

شهيد إن شاء الله
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

bump

sponsor an orphan

شهيد إن شاء الله
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

bump

sponsor an orphan

Shoo y3ni?!
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    56 Post(s)

Bumpty.

ایک بار پکار کے تو دیکھو .mirror.'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3883 Post(s)

How about all of us members pitch in and start sponsoring one child? It only take 25 pounds a month. That's nothing.

Maybe, someone can set up an account where we can donate electronically?

Do we have something like this already?
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎