Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    354 Post(s)

Icon9 Things we can do for Syria

There are over 1.6 billion Muslims in the world yet here we are, watching our screens as Muslim children get slaughtered in Syria.

There's got to be something we can do (those of us who are far away from the scene and can neither reach there). We have lots of intelligent people in this Ummah alhamdulillah.... if just 5 of us alone put our minds together, we can think of some things that we can take up to help our Muslim brothers and sisters, in sha Allah.

So, what are some ideas you could think of that we could collectively or individually do, to make a difference? Every idea matters. No idea is pointless.

All I can think of right now is du'aa' and qunoot. Brothers could perform qunoot collectively behind an Imam in the masjid.

Donating is another idea. Could people post good links to donate to? www.uwt.org is a good one.

What else????????? Let's think creatively...
    ~‘And He will provide him from (sources) he could never imagine. And whoever puts their trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Indeed, Allah has set a measure for all things.’~ - سورة الطلاق : 3

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2427 Post(s)

Re: Things we can do for Syria

Quote Originally Posted by Muslimah1436 View Post

There are over 1.6 billion Muslims in the world yet here we are, watching our screens as Muslim children get slaughtered in Syria.

There's got to be something we can do (those of us who are far away from the scene and can neither reach there). We have lots of intelligent people in this Ummah alhamdulillah.... if just 5 of us alone put our minds together, we can think of some things that we can take up to help our Muslim brothers and sisters, in sha Allah.

So, what are some ideas you could think of that we could collectively or individually do, to make a difference? Every idea matters. No idea is pointless.

All I can think of right now is du'aa' and qunoot. Brothers could perform qunoot collectively behind an Imam in the masjid.

Donating is another idea. Could people post good links to donate to? www.uwt.org is a good one.

Collectively:

If you are a "Muslim" and you hold beliefs of kufr or innovation, or you are opposing what Allah sent his Prophet(saw) with, you have to stop. Half the ummah want and fight for strict secularism, or they are paying riba and imitating kuffar, or they are making dua to someone in the grave. Syria, Iraq, Somalia, Nigeria, Palestine, Kashmir, Afghanistan, Chechnya, these sre just symptoms of a greater problem

Individually: Make dua, spread awareness and donate to charities helping people, and there are some men have gone further, but that is a striving that this ummah now finds distasteful. Allahul musta'an
    وَمَا قَدَرُوا اللَّهَ حَقَّ قَدْرِهِ وَالْأَرْضُ جَمِيعًا قَبْضَتُهُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ وَالسَّمَاوَاتُ مَطْوِيَّاتٌ بِيَمِينِهِ ۚ سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ
    They have not appraised Allah with true appraisal, while the earth entirely will be [within] His grip on the Day of Resurrection, and the heavens will be folded in His right hand. Exalted is He and high above what they associate with Him. (Az-Zumar: 67)

a gronn
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1136 Post(s)

i am with the people of syria not the sides that wish to rule it
    "arm yourself with knowledge and laugh at the accusers"
    me - 2017

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    354 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abd al-Rahman View Post

Collectively:

If you are a "Muslim" and you hold beliefs of kufr or innovation, or you are opposing what Allah sent his Prophet(saw) with, you have to stop. Half the ummah want and fight for strict secularism, or they are paying riba and imitating kuffar, or they are making dua to someone in the grave. Syria, Iraq, Somalia, Nigeria, Palestine, Kashmir, Afghanistan, Chechnya, these sre just symptoms of a greater problem

Individually: Make dua, spread awareness and donate to charities helping people, and there are some men have gone further, but that is a striving that this ummah now finds distasteful. Allahul musta'an

Also... I think we should keep the issues alive by talking about it with our friends, family, colleagues, neighbours etc. Educating people on the reality is something we can all do in sha Allah.

What else everyone???????
    ~‘And He will provide him from (sources) he could never imagine. And whoever puts their trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Indeed, Allah has set a measure for all things.’~ - سورة الطلاق : 3

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2427 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by magok View Post
    This rhetoric is foolish and not only are you not with those people, you are harming them.

What sides? Are you possibly impying that asad and his kafir allies are remotely morally equal to the mujahideeb?
    وَمَا قَدَرُوا اللَّهَ حَقَّ قَدْرِهِ وَالْأَرْضُ جَمِيعًا قَبْضَتُهُ يَوْمَ الْقِيَامَةِ وَالسَّمَاوَاتُ مَطْوِيَّاتٌ بِيَمِينِهِ ۚ سُبْحَانَهُ وَتَعَالَىٰ عَمَّا يُشْرِكُونَ
    They have not appraised Allah with true appraisal, while the earth entirely will be [within] His grip on the Day of Resurrection, and the heavens will be folded in His right hand. Exalted is He and high above what they associate with Him. (Az-Zumar: 67)

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2427 Post(s)

This rhetoric is foolish and not only are you not with those people, you are harming them.

What sides? Are you possibly impying that asad and his kafir allies are remotely morally equal to the mujahideeb?

a gronn
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1136 Post(s)

no side my friend no side.

go to youtube and google and look at the crimes that both sides commited

yes, bashar the fiend started it all, but now, its out of control
    me - 2017

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2427 Post(s)

Then you are a fool

Even the kuffar have a saying, "if you stay neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

For Muslims this is just a given value of our religion...when Muslims are being persecuted like they are in Syria, if you aren't unequivocally on the side of the Muslims, then you are with the oppressors. And when Muslims become oppressors, like ISIS, then we clarify their misguidance and denounce them, but this doesn't change anything. When Muslims are feeling pain, then you should be too. You claim to be with the people of Syria, but you are their enemy if you don't hate and oppose Bashar al Assad.

Nothing, nothing done by the rebel groups, or the takfiris like ISIS, even remotely compares to what Bashar al Assad has done. He has created torment and cruelty and suffering for the Muslims just for the sake of it. Every day i see pictures and stories from Syria, some of the most horrific stuff I have ever read in my life, and we still have "Muslims" like yourself claiming that the two sides are remotely comparable in the actions they have done? What's appalling is that I shouldn't have to explain this to you! If you are a man who truly believes in Allah and the last day you should have the feeling in your heart to love the Muslims and hate those whose who oppose Allah(swt) and his Messenger .

Whatever, say what you will, this is not the first time we have heard such talk from proclaimed "Muslims" and it will not be the last.

a gronn
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1136 Post(s)

Then you are a fool

Even the kuffar have a saying, "if you stay neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

For Muslims this is just a given value of our religion...when Muslims are being persecuted like they are in Syria, if you aren't unequivocally on the side of the Muslims, then you are with the oppressors. And when Muslims become oppressors, like ISIS, then we clarify their misguidance and denounce them, but this doesn't change anything. When Muslims are feeling pain, then you should be too. You claim to be with the people of Syria, but you are their enemy if you don't hate and oppose Bashar al Assad.

Nothing, nothing done by the rebel groups, or the takfiris like ISIS, even remotely compares to what Bashar al Assad has done. He has created torment and cruelty and suffering for the Muslims just for the sake of it. Every day i see pictures and stories from Syria, some of the most horrific stuff I have ever read in my life, and we still have "Muslims" like yourself claiming that the two sides are remotely comparable in the actions they have done? What's appalling is that I shouldn't have to explain this to you! If you are a man who truly believes in Allah and the last day you should have the feeling in your heart to love the Muslims and hate those whose who oppose Allah(swt) and his Messenger .

Whatever, say what you will, this is not the first time we have heard such talk from proclaimed "Muslims" and it will not be the last.
    YOU CALL MAGOK A FOOL !

PROCLAIMED MUSLIM ?

so i said i side with the people and you got angry ?

chill man.

and besides.

will the whole thing in syria stop

ill remain with the poor people http://www.radioalkul.com/wp-content...619484_web.jpg

arnt they muslims ?

you war made syria a wasteland https://static01.nyt.com/newsgraphic...photo-1050.jpg
    me - 2017

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

"why don't we help Syria"
    "theirs 1.6 billion of us"
    SO? MOST COULDN'T GIVE TWO DUAS FOR SYRIA LET ALONE THEIR NEIGHBOR
    Just be honest
    Whats the purpose of these threads exactly?
    Last edited by Whateverhappens; 07-04-17 at 01:26 PM.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    354 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whateverhappens View Post
    "why don't we help Syria"
    "theirs 1.6 billion of us"
    SO? MOST COULDN'T GIVE TWO DUAS FOR SYRIA LET ALONE THEIR NEIGHBOR
    Just be honest
    Whats the purpose of these threads exactly?
    The purpose is to think about what we CAN do instead of complaining about what most of us haven't been doing. The only way we could make a difference is if we start thinking of ways in which we could do that.

Mentioned
    648 Post(s)
    Quoted
    7992 Post(s)

I don't accept this magok.

What crimes have the rebels committed that compares to Bashar?

As for things we could do to help, honesty, not much. But we can try to help those who have escaped the war and are living as 'refugees' in other countries where they are trod upon. I have seen how some of them are treated in places like Lebanon for example it's just baffling how cruel some people can be, knowing how much these 'refugees' have lost already.

a gronn
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1136 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Morose View Post
    I don't accept this magok.

What crimes have the rebels committed that compares to Bashar?

As for things we could do to help, honesty, not much. But we can try to help those who have escaped the war and are living as 'refugees' in other countries where they are trod upon. I have seen how some of them are treated in places like Lebanon for example it's just baffling how cruel some people can be, knowing how much these 'refugees' have lost already.
    yes my point exactly

we need to end this war brother.

someone can use this unrest to make a move

and it wont be pretty

/cough http://i47.tinypic.com/15yywww.jpg

i dont care who will rule it, aslong as they are not bashaar the not so assad (assad means lion btw)

or ISIS, well ISIS is a troll army and it wont do anything
    me - 2017

a gronn
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1136 Post(s)

we dont want a US backed gov in syria
    me - 2017

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3937 Post(s)

Muslims can do a lot , important thing is that , will they really want to do?

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)

I don't.

You must be pretty sick to do so.

Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2088 Post(s)

Our local masjid had collections for shipping food, medicine, money and other equipment to Syria. We were asked to leave donations at the masjid. I guess we can all get involved with these sorts of initiatives.

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rifqah View Post

Our local masjid had collections for shipping food, medicine, money and other equipment to Syria. We were asked to leave donations at the masjid. I guess we can all get involved with these sorts of initiatives.
    yes we should all do as much as we can for our brothers and sisters
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Willow Wisp View Post

I don't.

Not watching doesn't mean we don't know what's going on,

And your remark is shameless

She is correct most muslims see it as some far away thing, or worse it has no effect on their diseased hearts

نعوذ بالله من ذلك

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    Not watching doesn't mean we don't know what's going on,

And your remark is shameless

She is correct most muslims see it as some far away thing, or worse it has no effect on their diseased hearts

نعوذ بالله من ذلك

Can you tell us what good can come out of watching dead children?

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Quoted
    354 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Willow Wisp View Post

I don't.

That's rude. And you completely missed the point of this thread.

Unless you've been living in a cave: In today's world, there are news channels, news feeds on FB etc. There's simply no way you could not have seen children suffering to death... or innocent Muslims being bombed.

And the people who live in the warzone are asking us to stop ignoring their videos and to actually watch them, in hopes that it'd give way to some life in our hearts so that we'd do something to help them.

Let me tell you what's sick: to scroll down your news feed and completely ignore such videos. To not give a second thought because it's not happening down our street and instead, it's taking place on another part of the planet.

a gronn
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1136 Post(s)

hmmmmm

why does the US support the Rojava ?

the US always sticks its nose into things that doesnt invlove it

mark my words borthers and sisters

one day they will truly be innocent and no one will believe them
    me - 2017

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    35 Post(s)

There is nothing we can do for these countries besides make dua for them. You can't even send money, it won't reach our brothers and sisters

truth. beauty. justice.
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quoted
    52 Post(s)

sis Muslimah.

A dear sister I know is directly involved with the charity, Open Arms in Kayseri. They're helping the Syrian refugees in Turkey, they're focusing a lot on the children and opened a lovely centre last year.

This is their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/OpenArmsinKayseri/

Please donate here, even if you think you have only a little to give - that little may be heavy on the scales with Allah: https://openarmsinkayseri.charitycheckout.co.uk

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by strivingtobegreat View Post
    There is nothing we can do for these countries besides make dua for them. You can't even send money, it won't reach our brothers and sisters
    This is a good point. There's tonnes of aid that's left to rot because the authorities won't let it in. As someone said, dua is what you can do.

And help those in your locality if you can. Aid agencies take in millions of pounds/dollars each year and I wonder even if half reaches those in need.

a gronn
    Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1136 Post(s)

have you brothers and sister ever asked yourselvs

why are the levant and mesopitamia always in a state of unrest ?
    me - 2017

striving to be sincere Abu Kamel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1578 Post(s)

We should KNOW what the HUKM SHARII- THE DIVINE LAW of Allah REQUIRES of US.

It is perpetuation of lies, distortions, and misguidance that we are encouraged to think in terms of civic activists, rather than as believing Muslims who "HEAR AND OBEY" the COMMANDS OF ALLAH AWJ!

LIES! MSGUIDANCE!

We are wrongly conditioned to think like slaves of the Tawaghit, and then self censor and self correct each other to think and act as slaves of Tawaghit, when we should be thinking like SLAVES OF ALLAH.

That's what it means to actually BELIEVE when we say "I testify there is no god but Allah".
    Allahumma, aranee al haqqu haqqan wa arzuqnee itiba`ahu, wa aranee al baatilu baatilaan wa arzuqnee ijtinaabahu.Oh Allah! show us the truth as true, and inspire us to follow it. Show us falsehood as falsehood, and inspire us to abstain from it.
    " Do you know what destroys Islam? A mistake made by a scholar, the argument of a hypocrite in writing and the ruling of leaders who wish for people to stray