Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Tafseer Class, Tafseer Ibn Katheer, Saturday 6:30pm GMT (7:30pm BST/GMT+1) skype: ummahradio Show Details here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

 

Note: All classes are still on the old times of GMT, not GMT +1 a.k.a. BST, with the exception of the Tafseer Class, for that will be done at 7:30pm GMT, or 6:30pm GMT+1/BST

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 35 of 35
  1. #1
    Plsreply
    Guests

    Does Allah love women less? Are we second best to men?

    Salams, im not a troll here, but I dont feel like Allah loves me as much as He loves men. Men have many more privalleges over women, they have more rights. It is the women that have to please their husbands and be obedient to them.
    Men can take many wives and the term 'what his rights hands possess' is often in the Quran, so men can take many female slaves. It even states in Surah Nisa that
    'men were created weak (in that they cannot wait for sexual intercourse)' and that 'men were created to excel (over women).'

    Women on the other hand, must be obedient to their husbands, patient and loyal. We are expected to be subservient to men. Although hijab offers us freedom from being a sex symbol and other things may elevate our status. But in a marriage, it seems we are second best.
    I'm a muslim woman and I believe in Islam mainly because scientifically it is correct, it makes 'sense'.

    But I can't understand why women are second best to men.

    Could you please give some comments, because I really dont want to continue thinking in this manner and I hope that there is something I have missed, misunderstood, mis read because I would be really sad to believe muslim women arent as valued as men. It doesnt seem fair.

    And im only posting here because I want some guidance, not trolling, so seriously, please reply.

  2. #2
    *bıɟɐɹɯıɯɐʇpɐʎızɯɯn* .: Anna :.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    uk
    Gender:
    Girl Female
    Posts
    82,019
    Rep Power
    359

    Re: Does Allah love women less? Are we second best to men?

    sister i really dont think we are 2nd best or Allah loves the women any less. the way some men talk, they want us to believe that but everyone is equal to Allah except by piety & goodness so doesnt matter race or gender rich poor whatever, wht matters is your deeds & actions & behaviour. as for the rulings that are different for men & women we have to accept this due to Allahs wisdom but its not really a factor in how much someone could be beloved to Allah or not? wasnt this ayah revealed when some of the women were asking a similar question?
    إِنَّ الْمُسْلِمِينَ وَالْمُسْلِمَاتِ وَالْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَالْمُؤْمِنَاتِ وَالْقَانِتِينَ وَالْقَانِتَاتِ وَالصَّادِقِينَ وَالصَّادِقَاتِ وَالصَّابِرِينَ وَالصَّابِرَاتِ وَالْخَاشِعِينَ وَالْخَاشِعَاتِ وَالْمُتَصَدِّقِينَ وَالْمُتَصَدِّقَاتِ وَالصَّائِمِينَ وَالصَّائِمَاتِ وَالْحَافِظِينَ فُرُوجَهُمْ وَالْحَافِظَاتِ وَالذَّاكِرِينَ اللَّهَ كَثِيرًا وَالذَّاكِرَاتِ أَعَدَّ اللَّهُ لَهُم مَّغْفِرَةً وَأَجْرًا عَظِيمًا
    VERILY, for all men and women who have sur*rendered themselves unto God, and all believing men and believing women, and all truly devout men and truly devout women, and all men and women who are true to their word, and all men and women who are patient in adversity, and all men and women who humble themselves [before God], and all men and women who give in charity, and all self-denying men and self-denying women, [38] and all men and women who are mindful of their chastity, [39] and all men and women who remember God unceasingly: for [all of] them has God readied forgiveness of sins and a mighty reward
    surah ahzab ayah 35


    I never heard the tafsir of surah nisaa to be specifically about men are weak as in being unable to wait for sex? al-insaan (the word used in that ayah) refers to men and women equally
    its better translation is mankind, not just men as in males.. would be interested to know where that interpretation is from as really it seems strange! is it from a legit source or what?

    also sis its true in marriage husbands have rights over us, but we also have rights over them. it should be a two way thing, men have a degree over women in responsibilities towards us, thats not necessarily the same thing as excelling and making us subservient. i feel a bit sad to read this post from u. seriously sis dont let any man make u think these things and definitely dont think Allah will love u less for being a woman. the duties that we do as a wife and mother are also an opertunity to gain the pleasure of Allah, and yes we should be patient, loyal to husband etc (so they also should be to us..) but those are opertunities to get the pleasure of Allah and His reward just from these simple things. And dont forget we have got one of the greatest honour in life, which men will never have which is of being a mother, which is such an important status in Islam and such a chance for earning reward and expiation of sin thru the difficulties of pregnancy and birth etc..
    .: Rufaida :.
    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.

    “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
    ~ Ibn Atallah


  3. #3

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    May 2011
    Gender:
    Boy Male
    Posts
    611
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Does Allah love women less? Are we second best to men?

    Dear Sister

    women do not loose out on any reward that the men get for their good deed; for example, if the man goes out to jihad and five daily salaahs with jammat in mosque, when the women caters to the mans need; cooks for him, washes his clothes etc, she will get the same reward that the man gets for his jihadi deeds


    women are blessed in different ways then men; women have the honour of being a mother; they have more compassion in them and are more loving and kind in nature; they do not have to go out and work to provide for the family [for that is the husbands duty], they are looked after by the man, treasured and loved like a diamond pearl, so when one weighs the blessings and rights on/of man and woman it can be seen that both man and woman are immensely blessed so their is no imbalance or unequality there

    the loyalty and obedience of the woman towards her man is the natural result of man being the provider; thus the duties here are balanced out

    the slave woman is a reward for the mans jihad; it is for the benifit of the slave woman and her master, but as i say, women have some blessings men dont, for example it is generally the man that risks his life on the battle field while the woman stays in the comfort of her home, so it is only apt that the man is eligible for a slave-woman reward [allthough this dont apply in this day and age]; a slave woman takes away a great burden of household work from the woman of the house, thus she becomes sort of a reward for the woman too

    there are different interpretations regarding the 'excelling' mentioned in the Quran of men over women; some interpretations say it means some men are favoured over other MEN and not reffering to women at all, but even if the favouring over women interpretation is taken, yet it is regarding a specific blessing of the man and women are favoured over men with other specific blessings, thus it all balances out when looked at them in context:

    Imam Ibn Jarir al-Tabari (d. 310/923), who says:

    Allah, majestic be His praise, means by Men are caretakers of women that they are in charge of their womenfolk, in disciplining and guidance, respecting the rights that they [women] owe to Allah and to them. Because of that by which Allah has favored one over another means because of that through which Allah has favored men over their wives, since men must give them their marriage payment (mahr) and spend of their wealth to support them, and save them their pains and effort: that is the favoring of Allah Most Blessed and Exalted of men over women, and is why they have become caretakers of them who have authority over them regarding those of their affairs that Allah has given them charge of ... (Jami al-bayan an tawil ay al-Qur'an. 30 vols. Cairo n.d. Reprint (30 vols. in 15). Beirut: Dar al-Fikr, 1405/1984, 5.57).

    The Arabic grammarian and exegete Abu Hayyan al-Nahwi (d. 754/1353) says of the verse "Men are caretakers of women":

    Because Allah Most High has mentioned [in preceding verses] the matter of men and women acquiring their appointed share and their estate-division inheritance, He [here] apprises them that men are in charge of the interests of women. Caretakers (qawwamuna) is an intensive form [indicating something done much]. Because Allah has favored one over another means "because of Allah's favoring some men over others, this man having been given more sustenance (rizq) than that man, this man being better off than that one". And because they spend of their property means "upon women". The word ma [lit. what, translated above in the citation of al-Tabari as "because of that through which Allah has favored," and secondly, "because of what they spend"] is [rather] ma masdariyya or "the indefinite pronoun signifying a verbal noun" in both instances. [Thus meaning "because of Allah's favoring the one," and "because of their spending of their property,"] (Tafsir al-nahr al-madd min al-Bahr al-muhit. 2 vols. in 3. Beirut: Dar al-Janan and Mu'assasa al-Kutub al-Thaqafiyya, 1407/1987, 1.45758).


    Imam Fakhr al-Din al-Razi is another exegete who considers the relation of the verse "Men are caretakers of women" to other verses: Know that Allah Most High has said [two verses previously], ". . . and not to long for that with which Allah has preferred some of you above others" (Qur'an 4:32), a verse that we said was revealed because some women made remarks about Allah's favoring men over them in estate division inheritance [by certain male heirs receiving twice the share of their female counterparts]. So Allah mentions in this verse that He only favored men over women in estate division because men are the caretakers of women. For although both spouses enjoy the usufruct of each others person, Allah has ordered men to pay women their marriage portion, and to daily provide them with their support, so that the increase on one side is met with an increase on the other--and so it is as though there is no favoring at all. This clarifies the verses arrangement and order (Tafsir al-Fakhr al-Razi. 32 vols. Beirut 1401/1981. Reprint (32 vols. in 16). Beirut: Dar al-Fikr, 1405/1985, 10.90).
    ...................


    Also if the men fail to provide for the woman, then she is not obligated to obey him anymore:

    Finally, the more fiqh-oriented exegesis of al-Kaya al-Harrasi notes that while Allah has mentioned men's support of women in verses such as the one in surat al-Tahrim "Let him who possesses plenty spend of his plenty; and let him whose provision is straitened spend of what Allah has given him" (Qur'an 65:7), in this verse [Men are caretakers (qawwamuna) of women], He mentions the necessary cause (`illa) for this support, so scholars have naturally inferred from the two verses taken together that whenever a husband is unable to support his wife, he is no longer her caretaker: she is not obliged to remain at home [should he request it] in any school of jurisprudence, and according to the school of al-Shafi'i (Allah be well pleased with him), she is entitled to have the marriage annulled. He is no longer a caretaker or entitled to oblige her to remain at home because he has vitiated the objective of protecting her by marriage, for the aim of marriage is her security (Ahkam al-Qur'an. 4 vols. Cairo n.d. Reprint (4 vols. in 2). Beirut: Dar al-Kutub al-Ilmiyya, 1405/1985, 2.449).

    In answer to your question then, our exegetes clarify how the meaning of qawwamuna or "caretakers" involves legal rights and obligations on the part of both men and women. It entails that women have the right to security, protection, and to be free from the thought of having to support themselves. Even if a woman has millions, she is entitled to be completely supported by her husband and can have her marriage annulled if he is unable to. And it entails that a man has charge of his wife's interests, supervision, and discipline. And Allah knows best.

    http://www.masud.co.uk/ISLAM/nuh/qawamuna.htm

  4. #4
    Jzk
    Guests

    Re: Does Allah love women less? Are we second best to men?

    Jazakallah sister for your reply. It has helped me somewhat. I suppose Allah loves us in our own way for completing our role.I suppose the honour of being a mother is something to treasure.

    But in Islam can we ever be equal in marriage? Although monogmy is allowed in islam, its only there for men who cannot financially or mentally cope with more than one woman, not out of love and loyalty. Polygamy seems to be more encouaged, i understand that in times of need when men die in war and women need protection because there are more women than men,polygamy makes sense. But thats not how it is for us now in some parts of the world. For example, the idea of love and 2 souls becoming one that is existent in other cultures, isnt within Islam. Marriage is more of an obligation and just something we do and the idea of marrying for love isnt aknowledged.

    Also the way men use teachings of Islam to put us down, really hurts. For example 'when a women displeases her husband then the hoors in jannah say that we are only with them for a short while and then our husbands will be with them'. Its as though we are encouaged to be jealous even if we arent and men seem to take pleasure and pride in boasting about such things without any due consideration for their wives. Although that quote above is only for women who are treating their husbands terribly, men seem to see it as a way to control and manipulate us, and we're not all bad wives. It just feels as though nothing will ever be good enough for men and love isnt a reason to marry, marriage is just something we do to reproduce and keep society intact.

    The ayah on men being weak was on ayah 28 in surah an nisa from the The English translation of the Quran published by Darussalam; interpreted into english by Dr Muhammad Muhsin Khan and another.
    Ayah states, "Allah wishes to lighten (the burden) for you; and man was created weak (cannot be patient to leave sexual intercourse with women)."


    Jazakallah sister Anna for your reply. Perhaps Allah loves us for doing what our roles ask of us. But its the role itself that seems unfair and unloving. And the way men can use it to put us down.

  5. #5
    Odan
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Gender:
    Girl Female
    Posts
    10,125
    Rep Power
    139

    Re: Does Allah love women less? Are we second best to men?

    Quote Originally Posted by Plsreply View Post
    Salams, im not a troll here, but I dont feel like Allah loves me as much as He loves men. Men have many more privalleges over women, they have more rights. It is the women that have to please their husbands and be obedient to them.
    Men can take many wives and the term 'what his rights hands possess' is often in the Quran, so men can take many female slaves. It even states in Surah Nisa that
    'men were created weak (in that they cannot wait for sexual intercourse)' and that 'men were created to excel (over women).'

    Women on the other hand, must be obedient to their husbands, patient and loyal. We are expected to be subservient to men. Although hijab offers us freedom from being a sex symbol and other things may elevate our status. But in a marriage, it seems we are second best.
    I'm a muslim woman and I believe in Islam mainly because scientifically it is correct, it makes 'sense'.

    But I can't understand why women are second best to men.

    Could you please give some comments, because I really dont want to continue thinking in this manner and I hope that there is something I have missed, misunderstood, mis read because I would be really sad to believe muslim women arent as valued as men. It doesnt seem fair.

    And im only posting here because I want some guidance, not trolling, so seriously, please reply.
    You are protected hence you are a VALUABLE thing. Men are our guardians, you can see why...cuse women are precious, you should not see women as second best. Women are one of the things most loved by men so they are protected by them, this doesn't sound little in any way. Woman is not only expected to be obedient, she is also given rights over her husband, how can he protect her if she wouldn't listen? Also think at the fact that men are supposed to work and to support financially, and it's not limited to only this. Men also must fulfill women emotionally, intellectually, basically they must take care of her and everything for her welfare. Saying these things makes men appear "subservient".

    The conclusion is that both have rights and responsibilities and thus the relation is one of companionship, they complement each other, they are means of comfort and help for each other. Interdependence.
    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

  6. #6
    lie1
    Guests

    Re: Does Allah love women less? Are we second best to men?

    Man in the quran means human beings, that is being women as well. Both men and women have strong needs. Many of my married friends complain how their husbands never can satisfy them because their needs are higher. so ignore the stupid rumours, they were only made by non muslims to create hate in deen.

  7. #7
    tyu
    Guests

    Re: Does Allah love women less? Are we second best to men?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jzk View Post
    Jazakallah sister for your reply. It has helped me somewhat. I suppose Allah loves us in our own way for completing our role.I suppose the honour of being a mother is something to treasure.

    But in Islam can we ever be equal in marriage? Although monogmy is allowed in islam, its only there for men who cannot financially or mentally cope with more than one woman, not out of love and loyalty. Polygamy seems to be more encouaged, i understand that in times of need when men die in war and women need protection because there are more women than men,polygamy makes sense. But thats not how it is for us now in some parts of the world. For example, the idea of love and 2 souls becoming one that is existent in other cultures, isnt within Islam. Marriage is more of an obligation and just something we do and the idea of marrying for love isnt aknowledged.

    Also the way men use teachings of Islam to put us down, really hurts. For example 'when a women displeases her husband then the hoors in jannah say that we are only with them for a short while and then our husbands will be with them'. Its as though we are encouaged to be jealous even if we arent and men seem to take pleasure and pride in boasting about such things without any due consideration for their wives. Although that quote above is only for women who are treating their husbands terribly, men seem to see it as a way to control and manipulate us, and we're not all bad wives. It just feels as though nothing will ever be good enough for men and love isnt a reason to marry, marriage is just something we do to reproduce and keep society intact.

    The ayah on men being weak was on ayah 28 in surah an nisa from the The English translation of the Quran published by Darussalam; interpreted into english by Dr Muhammad Muhsin Khan and another.
    Ayah states, "Allah wishes to lighten (the burden) for you; and man was created weak (cannot be patient to leave sexual intercourse with women)."


    Jazakallah sister Anna for your reply. Perhaps Allah loves us for doing what our roles ask of us. But its the role itself that seems unfair and unloving. And the way men can use it to put us down.
    I must warn you the brackets are what the translator interperted. Man meaning human is weak, in all circumstances, not just sex. Im not sure why they put sexual intercourse allah swt hasnt mentioned that. Humans are weak in everthing! anger, impatient etc. women are more weak as they are the ones that sleep with men back. Both are the same allah swt hasnt mentioned otherwise.

  8. #8
    www.searching-islam.com Perseveranze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender:
    Boy Male
    Posts
    3,515
    Rep Power
    111

    Re: Does Allah love women less? Are we second best to men?

    ‘O Messenger of God! Who among the people is the most worthy of my good companionship? The Prophet said: Your mother. The man said, ‘Then who?’ The Prophet said: Then your mother. The man further asked, ‘Then who?’ The Prophet said: Then your mother. The man asked again, ‘Then who?’ The Prophet said: Then your father. (Bukhari, Muslim)

    Sounds like the woman is being favoured here.

    There's so many examples, when Adam(pbuh) and Eve(pbuh) ate the forbidden fruit, the bible blames Eve(pbuh). What does the Quran do? It blames both, equally.

    Some links -

    http://www.islamswomen.com/articles/comparing_women.php
    http://www.islamswomen.com/articles/..._and_women.php
    A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

    www.Searching-Islam.com

  9. #9
    apield
    Guests

    Re: Does Allah love women less? Are we second best to men?

    From studying Islam, it seems that the narrator of fatwas/articles/translators are all differing from each other and favoring men.

    Allah says we have made the Qur'an complete and easy to understand [for all believers] - we have several different Qur'ans in several different languages which have different meanings. The kufr even argue that the Qur'an is changed. We have had disbelievers attacking Islam from its beginning and it's not hard to believe there are fake articles/fatwas/hadiths out there that are sexist, when Allah swt is not. He has favoured women many times. In fact men guardians of women, they are more powerful and able to protect. Allah has given men a huge responsibility, as well as women. Polygamy is not for lust of fufilling male desires (although a lot of "Sheihks" will argue and say it is) go research it in depth, there are logical Scholars who disagree with Polygamy being for lust as it's more of a responisbility than lust and again it's left an open option for the protection of women. Allah is very equal in terms of sexes, the hoor again is a mistranslation of scholars, there is no logic to it and all believers will be rewarded equally. Women are emphasized many times and a mother is 3 times before your father.

    Please keep your mind open that we have attackers trying to get women to hate Islam because women are the foundations of the UMMAH. Without women there is no Islam, without Muslim mothers there to teach their children, there is no Islam. Men are ordered several times to help their wives in additon to working. But if you go on fatwa websites/lectures..it says the women should serve their husband like a maid? LoL. Where in Islam does it say that again? *SCRATCHES HEAD*

    I advise you read the source and pray istihara. Ive done that and alhamdulilah allah has answered my questions in the past.

  10. #10
    Da'wah or hijra -MA-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    23' 43'27.69 N - 45' 57'29.81" W
    Gender:
    Boy Male
    Posts
    8,932
    Rep Power
    99

    Re: Does Allah love women less? Are we second best to men?

    Yeah life is so hard on woman.. Getting to stay home all day.. Raise their children.. Socialise with other ladies.. Get extra reward for praying at home.

    It's a hard life for you sisters.

  11. #11
    operativn1
    Guests

    Re: Does Allah love women less? Are we second best to men?

    Quote Originally Posted by -MA- View Post
    Yeah life is so hard on woman.. Getting to stay home all day.. Raise their children.. Socialise with other ladies.. Get extra reward for praying at home.

    It's a hard life for you sisters.
    Life is tough for women and thats why jannah is beneath your mothers feet. sisters also work outside the home and support but do brothers bear children for 9 montsh give birth and raise children, cook and take care of the house, no.

  12. #12
    Unggddd1
    Guests

    Re: Does Allah love women less? Are we second best to men?

    Quote Originally Posted by -MA- View Post
    Yeah life is so hard on woman.. Getting to stay home all day.. Raise their children.. Socialise with other ladies.. Get extra reward for praying at home.

    It's a hard life for you sisters.
    ...

    I suppose Hadhrat Fatima whose hands were bruised from her constant work enjoyed the things you stated above. There are many women who work hard in the house, do full time or part time paid jobs and also take care of the children. While there are some men who don't even bother to change their own childs nappy because that's 'a womans job'. (significance on some men because not all men are like that, perhaps you are one of them that's why ur so narrow minded and insensitive.)

    if u don't have anything useful to say, don't say anything at all MA, because your comments aren't at all helpful.
    Last edited by Grotbags; 09-11-11 at 07:48 PM. Reason: calm down please

  13. #13
    Da'wah or hijra -MA-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    23' 43'27.69 N - 45' 57'29.81" W
    Gender:
    Boy Male
    Posts
    8,932
    Rep Power
    99

    Re: Does Allah love women less? Are we second best to men?

    Quote Originally Posted by Unggddd1 View Post
    ...

    I suppose Hadhrat Fatima whose hands were bruised from her constant work enjoyed the things you stated above. There are many women who work hard in the house, do full time or part time paid jobs and also take care of the children. While there are some men who don't even bother to change their own childs nappy because that's 'a womans job'. (significance on some men because not all men are like that, perhaps you are one of them that's why ur so narrow minded and insensitive.)

    if u don't have anything useful to say, don't say anything at all MA, because your comments aren't at all helpful.
    May Allah give you the best in dunya and akhira.

    Try working 18 hours a a day and see which one you prefer.

    Anyone who thinks woman are opressed in Islam, has been brainwashed by that they have seen around them in films, songs etc

    This is a post from a sister on the forum.. Sums it up nicely..

    Don't bother too much with ignorant, foolish remarks these so-called "liberated" women make. This is a logical result of the materialistic, hedonistic, Godless civilizational values that have gripped Western societies. Those poor women have been so brainwashed & oppressed into thinking they're worthless that they feel valued only if they're able to contribute materialistically and expose their bodies in front of strangers . This is nothing but a disguised form of exploitation of her body, degradation of her soul, and deprivation of her honor. Alhamdulillah, Islam elevates a woman from this sort of enslavement. Be proud to be a Muslim woman. Know that izzat & zillat comes from Allah alone .

    Islam frees a wife from the burden to provide for the family. It is solely the husband's responsibility. In return, wife's main responsibility is to stay home and take care of the children. The primary field of women's endeavor is the home, sweet home. And this has to be stated without hesitation or apology. The Qur'an says: "And stay quietly in your homes."[Al-Ahzab, 33:33]. And the Prophet said: "The wife is responsible for taking care of the home of her husband, and she will be accountable for those given in her charge."[Bukhari, Muslim].

    This is also the most rewarding job that anyone can think of. The Prophet assured the woman who stays home to take care of the children, that she would be with him in paradise. According to another hadith, during pregnancy and the entire period of nursing, the believing mother is like the soldier on active duty. If she dies, she gets the reward reserved for a martyr. Yet another hadith says to the women: "Take care of the home. That is your jihad." [Musnad Ahmad].

    All of these clearly establish the basic division of labor between men and women according to Islam: men are responsible for the affairs outside the home and the women are responsible for taking care of the home. This division is not a relic of some dark past. It is the only basis on which a healthy society has ever been built and can be built today.
    Last edited by Grotbags; 09-11-11 at 07:48 PM. Reason: quoted post edited

  14. #14
    *bıɟɐɹɯıɯɐʇpɐʎızɯɯn* .: Anna :.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    uk
    Gender:
    Girl Female
    Posts
    82,019
    Rep Power
    359

    Re: Does Allah love women less? Are we second best to men?

    Brother what it is the point in the argument about who has "got it better", i'm sure it is difficult and tiring to be working outside the house so many long hours, and personally I am really glad i wouldnt have to do that, alhamdulillah, but at the same time its not the case that women just sit there doing nothing. The contribution women make to a family should not be overlooked or belittled especially when it comes to the role of the mother (who also can work 18 hours btw, caring for young children, feeding newborn babies etc). There is no need for sarcasm about what the sister was asking. but the post u quoted is really good and i do agree with that as muslim women we should have a positive attitude towards what our role is, but i have to say comments like ur previous post number 10, are not very helpful in that regard.
    .: Rufaida :.
    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.

    “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
    ~ Ibn Atallah


  15. #15
    ofpedia
    Guests

    Re: Does Allah love women less? Are we second best to men?

    Quote Originally Posted by .: Anna :. View Post
    Brother what it is the point in the argument about who has "got it better", i'm sure it is difficult and tiring to be working outside the house so many long hours, and personally I am really glad i wouldnt have to do that, alhamdulillah, but at the same time its not the case that women just sit there doing nothing. The contribution women make to a family should not be overlooked or belittled especially when it comes to the role of the mother (who also can work 18 hours btw, caring for young children, feeding newborn babies etc). There is no need for sarcasm about what the sister was asking. but the post u quoted is really good and i do agree with that as muslim women we should have a positive attitude towards what our role is, but i have to say comments like ur previous post number 10, are not very helpful in that regard.
    Exactly agree with sister anna.

    a woman works around the clock non-stop serving her family, children, husband, waking up at night changing kids nappys, feeding etc. Both have equal responsibilties but MA and brothers who think women have it easy, read the Quran on how hard it is for women, "and she has beared them with hardship and breastfed" Ill find the verse later. we bear children and raise them allah mentions the hardships we have. There are sisters who are divorced/single/widowed (may allah help them) who take on the role of a father and mother working outside and coming home and raising children, Ive never heard of men doing that.

    also you forget the prophet pbuh was a husband, a leader, a prophet, a worker etc. and he came home and helped his wives and children at home as well....u may work 18 hrs, but women work 24..and honestly I think 18 hrs is a bit exageration on your part, MA. I'm not sure you seem to be battling an inner superiority complex with females. Please don't forget your mother is a female no need for the battle of the sexes here Allah created both equally. We are all Allahs creation he would not seperate males nor females.

  16. #16
    Senior Member neelu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    With my youtube budgies
    Gender:
    Girl Female
    Posts
    7,477
    Rep Power
    178

    Re: Does Allah love women less? Are we second best to men?

    no, Allah (swt) does not love women less.

    Some 'brothers' on here despise women and make it their life mission to demean us at every opportunity and pretend that this is from Islam but they weren't blessed with intellect so don't let that bother you.

  17. #17
    Odan *~ Shrinking Violet ~*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Liverpool, UK
    Gender:
    Girl Female
    Posts
    1,260
    Rep Power
    16

    Re: Does Allah love women less? Are we second best to men?

    Quote Originally Posted by neelu View Post
    no, Allah (swt) does not love women less.

    Some 'brothers' on here despise women and make it their life mission to demean us at every opportunity and pretend that this is from Islam but they weren't blessed with intellect so don't let that bother you.
    True

  18. #18
    Jale
    Guests

    Re: Does Allah love women less? Are we second best to men?

    Quote Originally Posted by neelu View Post
    no, Allah (swt) does not love women less.

    Some 'brothers' on here despise women and make it their life mission to demean us at every opportunity and pretend that this is from Islam but they weren't blessed with intellect so don't let that bother you.
    lol, that is so true. Even my husband being a man agrees with what you have wrote. I guess some are just raised that way, culture perhaps? Im sure we will get a lot of hate comments now and call us "feminists" lol, that just proves our point even more. There is a saying "the one who gets angry the quickest is the one that is wrong." They seem to forget Paradise is beneath your mothers feet, and their mother is a female, they are just demeaning the most precious thing on earth which Allah has given high status to. Funny isn't it? Children are raised hating females and demeaning them..how will they ever enter paradise by not learning to respect women that means their mother as well?

    Its unfortunate some men can't stand that either and wish everything is for them in this world and next.

  19. #19
    Abu-Tawheed Saif-Uddin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Earth/Dunya
    Gender:
    Boy Male
    Posts
    20,342
    Rep Power
    489

    Re: Does Allah love women less? Are we second best to men?

    Quote Originally Posted by Plsreply View Post
    Salams, im not a troll here, but I dont feel like Allah loves me as much as He loves men. Men have many more privalleges over women, they have more rights. It is the women that have to please their husbands and be obedient to them.
    Men can take many wives and the term 'what his rights hands possess' is often in the Quran, so men can take many female slaves. It even states in Surah Nisa that
    'men were created weak (in that they cannot wait for sexual intercourse)' and that 'men were created to excel (over women).'

    Women on the other hand, must be obedient to their husbands, patient and loyal. We are expected to be subservient to men. Although hijab offers us freedom from being a sex symbol and other things may elevate our status. But in a marriage, it seems we are second best.
    I'm a muslim woman and I believe in Islam mainly because scientifically it is correct, it makes 'sense'.

    But I can't understand why women are second best to men.

    Could you please give some comments, because I really dont want to continue thinking in this manner and I hope that there is something I have missed, misunderstood, mis read because I would be really sad to believe muslim women arent as valued as men. It doesnt seem fair.

    And im only posting here because I want some guidance, not trolling, so seriously, please reply.
    Yes, Yes, your not a Troll, but someone who Completely ignored the Fact that Taqwa and not gender is the criteria which elevates one, gives one Honour, makes us better etc in the sight of Allah ta'ala and Not gender ...

    you claim to be one inclined to Science but you come with these Illogical assumptions?

    By statement is what is known in Logic as a Non Sequitur ...

    Muslim Men Having upto 4 wives, or made to "excel over women" or Muslimah's being Obediant to their Husbands etc does not Follow your claim that Allah ta'ala in any Way Loves a Muslimah Less than a Muslim man ...

    regards
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

    "O followers of Muhammad! By Allah, if you knew what I know, you would weep much and laugh little."

    [Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol. 8, Hadith no. 627]

    May Allah ta'ala join our beloved akhi Uncle-Umar (may Allah ta'ala have mercy upon him) with the Shuhada and grant him the Highest station in Jannatul Firdaus

    Ameen


    https://www.justgiving.com/FoodTruckForSyria/

  20. #20
    Account Disabled Medievalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    earth
    Gender:
    Unspecified
    Posts
    29,805
    Rep Power
    199

    Re: Does Allah love women less? Are we second best to men?

    Parents have a rank over their children.
    Teachers have a rank over their students.
    The rich have a rank over the poor.

    Does that mean ALLAH Ta'ala loves parents more than children, or teachers more than students, or rich more than poor?
    Does it mean that children, students, poor are 2nd best?

    We don't think like that in those situations so why should a woman think any different when it comes to marriage? In everything there has to be some disparity and someone has to stand ahead as the leader otherwise there would be chaos. In a group of travellers one man should be the group-leader, is the rest of the group 2nd best? No. For the journey to go smoothly one person needs to take charge so everything goes smoothly. So is the case with marriage, one party has to be the final decision maker, and ALLAH Ta'ala chose for it to be the man.

    Women need to get outta the feminist mind-set that they are being kept back because their stepping forward into positions which were never for them has resulted in the collapse of society that we see in certain places.

  21. #21
    Rnbw1
    Guests

    Re: Does Allah love women less? Are we second best to men?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medievalist View Post
    Parents have a rank over their children.
    Teachers have a rank over their students.
    The rich have a rank over the poor.

    Does that mean ALLAH Ta'ala loves parents more than children, or teachers more than students, or rich more than poor?
    Does it mean that children, students, poor are 2nd best?

    We don't think like that in those situations so why should a woman think any different when it comes to marriage? In everything there has to be some disparity and someone has to stand ahead as the leader otherwise there would be chaos. In a group of travellers one man should be the group-leader, is the rest of the group 2nd best? No. For the journey to go smoothly one person needs to take charge so everything goes smoothly. So is the case with marriage, one party has to be the final decision maker, and ALLAH Ta'ala chose for it to be the man.

    Women need to get outta the feminist mind-set that they are being kept back because their stepping forward into positions which were never for them has resulted in the collapse of society that we see in certain places.
    Theres a difference between arabic and english. English makes it sound like men are "better than women" wheras in arabic it means men have authority over women. Actually it seems like you brothers have an issue being a misogynist. No one here is acting like a feminist. .Why do men get so angry when this subject is brought up when sisters only seem to want an explanation?

    The person who bore you, raised you , fed you is a female, have a bit more respect an an open mind and remember, neither is better than the latter. Both women and men are a creation of Allah, there is no difference. We have different roles, and men are leaders. Doesn't mean they are better. Being a teacher doesnt mean you are better than your student in terms of humanity, but you have authority. Just relax guys, and take a deep breath, seriously. No one is being a feminist here. thats all you guys seem to spew out whenever a woman asks for religious clarification.

  22. #22
    iatara
    Guests

    Re: Does Allah love women less? Are we second best to men?

    Quote Originally Posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    Yes, Yes, your not a Troll, but someone who Completely ignored the Fact that Taqwa and not gender is the criteria which elevates one, gives one Honour, makes us better etc in the sight of Allah ta'ala and Not gender ...

    you claim to be one inclined to Science but you come with these Illogical assumptions?

    By statement is what is known in Logic as a Non Sequitur ...

    Muslim Men Having upto 4 wives, or made to "excel over women" or Muslimah's being Obediant to their Husbands etc does not Follow your claim that Allah ta'ala in any Way Loves a Muslimah Less than a Muslim man ...

    regards
    Having 4 wives is not a gift to men, it's actually a very large responsibility to help women and build families. Most men don't want that responsibility. It has nothing to do with gifting men or being superior over women. 4 wives is not about enjoying women if thats wat you brought it up for because Im sure if women had a choice of having multiple husbands no 1 would want the responsiblity to fufill those rights. Which is why no men wants it either.

  23. #23

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Gender:
    Boy Male
    Posts
    77
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Does Allah love women less? Are we second best to men?

    Quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze View Post
    ‘O Messenger of God! Who among the people is the most worthy of my good companionship? The Prophet said: Your mother. The man said, ‘Then who?’ The Prophet said: Then your mother. The man further asked, ‘Then who?’ The Prophet said: Then your mother. The man asked again, ‘Then who?’ The Prophet said: Then your father. (Bukhari, Muslim)

    Sounds like the woman is being favoured here.
    You do know that there is a difference between "mother" and "woman"?

    A mother is always a woman, but not all women are mothers.

    I would like you to show me any Islamic scripture (Qur'an or Hadith) that mention the rights of a woman. Not the rights of a mother, a daughter or a wife. Because if you have right only as mother, your rights are relevant to your children alone. If you have rights only as a wife, your rights are only relevant to your husband alone, etc.

    But if you have rights as a woman, you are given rights for the whole being you are and not for a role you play. So please give me som examples of rights of the female sex.

  24. #24
    rights2233
    Guests

    Re: Does Allah love women less? Are we second best to men?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitchslap View Post
    You do know that there is a difference between "mother" and "woman"?

    A mother is always a woman, but not all women are mothers.

    I would like you to show me any Islamic scripture (Qur'an or Hadith) that mention the rights of a woman. Not the rights of a mother, a daughter or a wife. Because if you have right only as mother, your rights are relevant to your children alone. If you have rights only as a wife, your rights are only relevant to your husband alone, etc.

    But if you have rights as a woman, you are given rights for the whole being you are and not for a role you play. So please give me som examples of rights of the female sex.
    What the heck? That doesn't make sense. Thats like saying, show me the rights of a male.; not husband or father. Doesnt make sense.

    I ask you to show the rights of a male? You cant find anything.

  25. #25
    rights2233
    Guests

    Re: Does Allah love women less? Are we second best to men?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitchslap View Post
    You do know that there is a difference between "mother" and "woman"?

    A mother is always a woman, but not all women are mothers.

    I would like you to show me any Islamic scripture (Qur'an or Hadith) that mention the rights of a woman. Not the rights of a mother, a daughter or a wife. Because if you have right only as mother, your rights are relevant to your children alone. If you have rights only as a wife, your rights are only relevant to your husband alone, etc.

    But if you have rights as a woman, you are given rights for the whole being you are and not for a role you play. So please give me som examples of rights of the female sex.
    If you read the Qur'an it says believers will be rewarded equally, and are equal in the eyes of allah. wives, mothers, husbands, fathers all have different roles but all equal.

  26. #26
    www.searching-islam.com Perseveranze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender:
    Boy Male
    Posts
    3,515
    Rep Power
    111

    Re: Does Allah love women less? Are we second best to men?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitchslap View Post
    You do know that there is a difference between "mother" and "woman"?

    A mother is always a woman, but not all women are mothers.

    I would like you to show me any Islamic scripture (Qur'an or Hadith) that mention the rights of a woman. Not the rights of a mother, a daughter or a wife. Because if you have right only as mother, your rights are relevant to your children alone. If you have rights only as a wife, your rights are only relevant to your husband alone, etc.

    But if you have rights as a woman, you are given rights for the whole being you are and not for a role you play. So please give me som examples of rights of the female sex.
    Google it, there's so many.

    - Divorce
    - Dowry
    - Inheritance
    - Education
    - Finance (ie. Whatever she earns/owns, husband or anyone can't touch it or use it)
    - Marraige (ie. Husbands not allowed to stay away from wife for longer than 6 months, regardless of his job/army duty)
    - Husband has to provide for the woman's expenses, she doesn't even have to cook or clean (this is actually cultural).
    - etc.

    Ofcourse, the biggest change was how women were seen in society. No longer were women a "burden", no longer did people bury female infants alive, and those that didn't, no longer would the "birth of a female" be a disappointment. No longer were boys allowed to be preferenced over daughters etc.

    It's not really even up for debate with regards to how Historians/scholars view it. Islam pretty much gave birth to modern females rights and Muhammad(pbuh) is seen by many as the single figure who did more for women than anyone else.

    It took a whole 2 world wars for any nation to finally equal the rights women were given in Islam and even that came very slowly through systems (ie democracy), whilst Muhammad(pbuh) did everything in 23 years.


    Gustave Le Bon, the well-known French thinker stated in his book "The Arab Civilization":

    "Islamic virtuous deeds are not limited to honoring and respecting women, but rather, we can add that Islam is the first religion to honor and respect women. We can easily prove this by illustrating that all religions and nations, prior to the advent of Islam, caused much harm and insult to women."


    "At the time Islam began, the conditions of women were terrible - they had no right to own property, were supposed to be the property of the man, and if the man died everything went to his sons." Muhammad, however, by, "instituting rights of property ownership, inheritance, education and divorce, gave women certain basic safeguards."[21] - William Montgomery Watt

    Karin Armstrong, the British theological scholar, testified to this in her book Muhammad. She said: "Muhammad always helped his wives about the house. He relied on himself in all his personal matters. He sewed and patched his clothes, repaired his shoes and tended his goat. He tried to teach Muslims by example, to educate them into showing more respect for women. The fact that people kept up the traditions he instituted for them is sufficient proof that they had fully accepted his Mission. This is particularly important because it happened at a time when most people in most religions denounced the attention a great prophet gave to housework."

    William Muir said in The Life of Muhammad. "Muhammad was a real mercy to womankind," the western orientalist wrote: "Before him women were only objects and possessions the whole world over."

    The French orientalist Emil Dremenghem wrote in The Life of Muhammad: "Muhammad's Islamic call achieved unhindered and irreversible progress in the whole of Arabia, whether inside the family circle, the social circle or in relation to public health. The status of women markedly improved; vice, temporary marriages and illegal sexual relations (adultery) were banned. Forced prostitution common to the former Jahilite society, where slave women were turned into whores and pleasure women, selling sexual favours to make their masters rich, was also banned." "Furthermore," Dremenghem added, "Muhammad was the first to ban the separation between captive mothers and their children." (The Life of Mahomet, cit., p. 46.)

    For me it is enough that Muhammad is the greatest feminist the world has so far had but has so little come to know of… Personally I am infinitely grateful to Muhammad, who has not only empathised with the crying voice of the despairing and exploited woman but has taken momentous measures blustering all opposition, to alleviate her lot and strengthen her in realistic terms… For ages and ages, a woman had found herself begging and grovelling in front of her male master, with her heart-wrenching pleas for justice remaining unheard and unaddressed. Muhammad had changed this forever... Muhammad was and remains the unrivalled champion of a woman. - Anita Rai, Muhammad - Uncovering The True Story
    Muhammad was probably the greatest champion of women's rights the world has ever seen. Islam conferred upon the Muslim wife property rights and juridical status exactly the same as that of her husband. She is free to dispose of and manage her financial assets as she pleases, without let or hindrance from her husband. - Pierre Crabites


    etc.
    A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

    www.Searching-Islam.com

  27. #27
    www.searching-islam.com Perseveranze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Gender:
    Boy Male
    Posts
    3,515
    Rep Power
    111

    Re: Does Allah love women less? Are we second best to men?

    Quote Originally Posted by Hitchslap View Post
    You do know that there is a difference between "mother" and "woman"?

    A mother is always a woman, but not all women are mothers.

    I would like you to show me any Islamic scripture (Qur'an or Hadith) that mention the rights of a woman. Not the rights of a mother, a daughter or a wife. Because if you have right only as mother, your rights are relevant to your children alone. If you have rights only as a wife, your rights are only relevant to your husband alone, etc.

    But if you have rights as a woman, you are given rights for the whole being you are and not for a role you play. So please give me som examples of rights of the female sex.
    Google it, there's so many.

    - Divorce
    - Dowry
    - Inheritance
    - Education
    - Finance (ie. Whatever she earns/owns, husband or anyone can't touch it or use it)
    - Marraige (ie. Husbands not allowed to stay away from wife for longer than 6 months, regardless of his job/army duty)
    - Husband has to provide for the woman's expenses, she doesn't even have to cook or clean (this is actually cultural).
    - etc.

    Ofcourse, the biggest change was how women were seen in society. No longer were women a "burden", no longer did people bury female infants alive, and those that didn't, no longer would the "birth of a female" be a disappointment. No longer were boys allowed to be preferenced over daughters etc.

    It's not really even up for debate with regards to how Historians/scholars view it. Islam pretty much gave birth to modern females rights and Muhammad(pbuh) is seen by many as the single figure who did more for women than anyone else.

    It took a whole 2 world wars for any nation to finally equal the rights women were given in Islam and even that came very slowly through systems (ie democracy), whilst Muhammad(pbuh) did everything in 23 years.


    Gustave Le Bon, the well-known French thinker stated in his book "The Arab Civilization":
    "Islamic virtuous deeds are not limited to honoring and respecting women, but rather, we can add that Islam is the first religion to honor and respect women. We can easily prove this by illustrating that all religions and nations, prior to the advent of Islam, caused much harm and insult to women."


    "At the time Islam began, the conditions of women were terrible - they had no right to own property, were supposed to be the property of the man, and if the man died everything went to his sons." Muhammad, however, by, "instituting rights of property ownership, inheritance, education and divorce, gave women certain basic safeguards."[21] - William Montgomery Watt

    Karin Armstrong, the British theological scholar, testified to this in her book Muhammad. She said: "Muhammad always helped his wives about the house. He relied on himself in all his personal matters. He sewed and patched his clothes, repaired his shoes and tended his goat. He tried to teach Muslims by example, to educate them into showing more respect for women. The fact that people kept up the traditions he instituted for them is sufficient proof that they had fully accepted his Mission. This is particularly important because it happened at a time when most people in most religions denounced the attention a great prophet gave to housework."

    William Muir said in The Life of Muhammad. "Muhammad was a real mercy to womankind," the western orientalist wrote: "Before him women were only objects and possessions the whole world over."

    The French orientalist Emil Dremenghem wrote in The Life of Muhammad: "Muhammad's Islamic call achieved unhindered and irreversible progress in the whole of Arabia, whether inside the family circle, the social circle or in relation to public health. The status of women markedly improved; vice, temporary marriages and illegal sexual relations (adultery) were banned. Forced prostitution common to the former Jahilite society, where slave women were turned into whores and pleasure women, selling sexual favours to make their masters rich, was also banned." "Furthermore," Dremenghem added, "Muhammad was the first to ban the separation between captive mothers and their children." (The Life of Mahomet, cit., p. 46.)

    For me it is enough that Muhammad is the greatest feminist the world has so far had but has so little come to know of… Personally I am infinitely grateful to Muhammad, who has not only empathised with the crying voice of the despairing and exploited woman but has taken momentous measures blustering all opposition, to alleviate her lot and strengthen her in realistic terms… For ages and ages, a woman had found herself begging and grovelling in front of her male master, with her heart-wrenching pleas for justice remaining unheard and unaddressed. Muhammad had changed this forever... Muhammad was and remains the unrivalled champion of a woman. - Anita Rai, Muhammad - Uncovering The True Story

    Muhammad was probably the greatest champion of women's rights the world has ever seen. Islam conferred upon the Muslim wife property rights and juridical status exactly the same as that of her husband. She is free to dispose of and manage her financial assets as she pleases, without let or hindrance from her husband. - Pierre Crabites


    etc.
    A Fast Growing Islamic Search Website -

    www.Searching-Islam.com

  28. #28
    rights2233
    Guests

    Re: Does Allah love women less? Are we second best to men?

    @perseverance - his question doesn't make sense. what you have listed is for the rights of a wife/daughter etc. as for rights of a "female" is all the same as male because a male/female is either a believer or a disbeliever in the eyes of allah.. all females/males are equal and will be equally rewarded and judged. now, in terms of being a wife/husband/mother/father there are different roles.

  29. #29
    Library Ice Queen Massilia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Leeds, my new realm
    Gender:
    Girl Female
    Posts
    11,277
    Rep Power
    467

    Re: Does Allah love women less? Are we second best to men?

    Quote Originally Posted by rights2233 View Post
    @perseverance - his question doesn't make sense. what you have listed is for the rights of a wife/daughter etc. as for rights of a "female" is all the same as male because a male/female is either a believer or a disbeliever in the eyes of allah.. all females/males are equal and will be equally rewarded and judged. now, in terms of being a wife/husband/mother/father there are different roles.
    I don't think he asked for that, he said what are the rights according to hadiths which refers simply to women meaning not a daughter/mother/wife.
    Because before being a wife-mother-sister-daughter, a woman is a woman.
    My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
    Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

  30. #30
    Muslimah-89
    Guests

    Re: Does Allah love women less? Are we second best to men?

    Quote Originally Posted by .: Anna :. View Post
    sister i really dont think we are 2nd best or Allah loves the women any less. the way some men talk, they want us to believe that but everyone is equal to Allah except by piety & goodness so doesnt matter race or gender rich poor whatever, wht matters is your deeds & actions & behaviour. as for the rulings that are different for men & women we have to accept this due to Allahs wisdom but its not really a factor in how much someone could be beloved to Allah or not? wasnt this ayah revealed when some of the women were asking a similar question?
    إِنَّ الْمُسْلِمِينَ وَالْمُسْلِمَاتِ وَالْمُؤْمِنِينَ وَالْمُؤْمِنَاتِ وَالْقَانِتِينَ وَالْقَانِتَاتِ وَالصَّادِقِينَ وَالصَّادِقَاتِ وَالصَّابِرِينَ وَالصَّابِرَاتِ وَالْخَاشِعِينَ وَالْخَاشِعَاتِ وَالْمُتَصَدِّقِينَ وَالْمُتَصَدِّقَاتِ وَالصَّائِمِينَ وَالصَّائِمَاتِ وَالْحَافِظِينَ فُرُوجَهُمْ وَالْحَافِظَاتِ وَالذَّاكِرِينَ اللَّهَ كَثِيرًا وَالذَّاكِرَاتِ أَعَدَّ اللَّهُ لَهُم مَّغْفِرَةً وَأَجْرًا عَظِيمًا
    VERILY, for all men and women who have sur*rendered themselves unto God, and all believing men and believing women, and all truly devout men and truly devout women, and all men and women who are true to their word, and all men and women who are patient in adversity, and all men and women who humble themselves [before God], and all men and women who give in charity, and all self-denying men and self-denying women, [38] and all men and women who are mindful of their chastity, [39] and all men and women who remember God unceasingly: for [all of] them has God readied forgiveness of sins and a mighty reward
    surah ahzab ayah 35


    I never heard the tafsir of surah nisaa to be specifically about men are weak as in being unable to wait for sex? al-insaan (the word used in that ayah) refers to men and women equally
    its better translation is mankind, not just men as in males.. would be interested to know where that interpretation is from as really it seems strange! is it from a legit source or what?

    also sis its true in marriage husbands have rights over us, but we also have rights over them. it should be a two way thing, men have a degree over women in responsibilities towards us, thats not necessarily the same thing as excelling and making us subservient. i feel a bit sad to read this post from u. seriously sis dont let any man make u think these things and definitely dont think Allah will love u less for being a woman. the duties that we do as a wife and mother are also an opertunity to gain the pleasure of Allah, and yes we should be patient, loyal to husband etc (so they also should be to us..) but those are opertunities to get the pleasure of Allah and His reward just from these simple things. And dont forget we have got one of the greatest honour in life, which men will never have which is of being a mother, which is such an important status in Islam and such a chance for earning reward and expiation of sin thru the difficulties of pregnancy and birth etc..
    Sister anna you are truly amazing with your wisdom, mashallah.

  31. #31
    rights2233
    Guests

    Re: Does Allah love women less? Are we second best to men?

    Quote Originally Posted by Massilia View Post
    I don't think he asked for that, he said what are the rights according to hadiths which refers simply to women meaning not a daughter/mother/wife.
    Because before being a wife-mother-sister-daughter, a woman is a woman.
    Simple- rights of a women are the same as rights of a man, we both are believers in this sense. as i said if you speak about mother/daughter/sister/husband/father/brother etc. are different rights.

  32. #32
    All things are from الله Fairy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    “You are so brave and quiet I forget you are suffering.”......“Verily, I only complain of my grief and sorrow to Allāh!” (Sūrat'l-Yūsuf: 86)
    Gender:
    Girl Female
    Posts
    18,430
    Rep Power
    605

    Re: Does Allah love women less? Are we second best to men?

    to be honest as a woman i think we have got it easy!!
    ஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐ
    Change happens when the pain of staying the same is greater than the pain of change.”
    ஐƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒஐ

  33. #33
    میرے دل کا نور .mirror.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    In an island of New York City
    Gender:
    Boy Male
    Posts
    40,402
    Rep Power
    607

    Re: Does Allah love women less? Are we second best to men?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    to be honest as a woman i think we have got it easy!!
    Innit?

    May Allah have mercy on us brothers.
    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.
    وَقَالَ رَبُّكُمُ ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ

  34. #34
    potrt
    Guests

    Re: Does Allah love women less? Are we second best to men?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    to be honest as a woman i think we have got it easy!!
    Really? How is that? There are women who take the role of a husband, who work and support for their families AND take care of their kids, house etc. But there are not men who do mother and father roles.

  35. 19-11-11, 03:09 AM

    Reason
    rude

  36. #35
    New Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Gender:
    Girl Female
    Posts
    6
    Rep Power
    2

    Re: Does Allah love women less? Are we second best to men?

    Asalaamu alaikum,

    I dont reply to many posts on here. But I had to point out something to you sister to explain the magnitude of Allah SWTS love for womankind also. I recently went on Hajj and stopped for a moment and realised subhanAllah! why are all these people running between safa and marwa? Allah SWT has made every MAN and woman on this earth follow in the footsteps of a patient belieiving slave woman Hajjar. We remember what she did and HER patience in obedience to Allah and Allah has praised her actions in such high esteem that now so many years after we are all copying her.
    2. I recently listened to a tafsir of Surah Baqarah about the birth of Maryam and how Maryams mother was expecting a boy: Behold! When the wife of Imraan said: "O my Lord! I do dedicate unto Thee what is in my womb for Thy service. So accept this of me; for thou Hearest and Knowest all things." When she delivered, she said: "O my Lord! Behold! I am delivered of a female child!"
    (Surah Ale-Emraan:35-36) .
    Allah SWT then reminds us that He knows what is in the wombs and that the MAN is not like the Woman. In other words He is praising the women here that MEN cannot be like US not the other way around you see? The tafsir is by Amina Elahi and it was very insightful and touching to hear this.
    3. Allah SWT dedicated a whole chapter of the Quran to Maryam in praise of her. No other religion has this even the christians who venerate Mary can say that their holy books have this.
    4. Allah SWT loves one obedient woman over all of the disbelieving men in the entire world.

    What I feel sister is perhaps you are a discouraged by our roles as a woman, but even those, with Jannah under our feet why should we complain?

    InshAllah I hope this helped I pray Allah soothes your heart.


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 12:39 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Super PM System provided by vBSuper_PM v1.2.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com

MPADC.com Islamic Web Hosting | Muslim Ad Network | Islamic Nasheeds | Islamic Mobile App Developement Android & iPhone
Omar Esa Nasheed Artist
| Omar Esa Nasheeds | Islamic Web Hosting : Muslim Designers : Nasheeds : Labbayk Nasheeds : silk route jilbab: Hijab: : Web Islamic Newsletter: Islamic Web Hosting

Hijabs Online | Hijabs | Hijab Shop | Hijab Shop : Treasure of The Scholars