Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Question about Prophet Yusuf?

Did Prophet Yusuf eventually marry the kings wife, Zulaikah? did the king die? she divorced him? anyone have the story? the Quran does not mention this?

The Quran does not mention it because it's knowledge that does not benefit. It does help us in anyway to know whether he married her or not or if the king died or if she divorced him. That's when it goes in being like a soap opera.
    "O you who believe! Whoever from among you turns back from his religion, Allah will bring a people whom He will love and they will love Him; humble towards the believers, stern towards the disbelievers, fighting in the Way of Allah, and never afraid of the blame of the blamers. That is the Grace of Allah which He bestows on whom He wills. And Allah is All-Sufficient for His creatures' needs, All-Knower."[al-Ma'ida: 54]

Re: Question about Prophet Yusuf?

Quote Originally Posted by Al_Ghurabaa View Post
    The Quran does not mention it because it's knowledge that does not benefit.
    Very true.

It would be folly to speculate.
    'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/

I've not heard anything about whether anything occured between them after Yusuf (as) went to jail, but I think it's unlikely he would want to marry a woman who tried to seduce him during her marriage and then falsely accused him of molesting her resulting in his going to prison for years. I can't imagine any man wanting to marry someone like that but Allah (swt) knows best as to what happened in the aftermath of that incident.

What I will say for sure though is that unless there are any further reliable details mentioned about this in the Quran or Sunnah, then we cannot say for sure about what became of them afterwards. I realise that there may be other information in Christian and Jewish scriptures that may add further details to these stories which are not in the Quran or Sunnah but we have to remember that the books the Christians and Jews refer to now have been corrupted by people over the years so they cannot be looked at as reliable sources of information on these matters. It is possible that some of what they have described about these things may even be true, but as we have no way of verifying the information (if there's no Q or S info adding to this), then it's not our place to accept or reject what they say about it. Rather we just consider that to be speculation (and my guesswork about the aftermath was also speculation).

Quote Originally Posted by Al_Ghurabaa View Post
    The Quran does not mention it because it's knowledge that does not benefit. It does help us in anyway to know whether he married her or not or if the king died or if she divorced him. That's when it goes in being like a soap opera.

anything about the Prophets lives, are not a soap opera nor should people lead their stories into one. i am an adult, i know better. in their stories are lessons for mankind and not everything about them is mentioned in the Quran, yet the information does still "benefit".... not everything we "need" to know is mentioned in Quran alone? and i was looking for the story to share with my sisters about patience and Allah helping the most wretched hearts and love, etc.

i like to have facts clear before sharing a story...

sooo...you should be careful the advice you give can be misleading...

Quote Originally Posted by neelu View Post
    I've not heard anything about whether anything occured between them after Yusuf (as) went to jail, but I think it's unlikely he would want to marry a woman who tried to seduce him during her marriage and then falsely accused him of molesting her resulting in his going to prison for years. I can't imagine any man wanting to marry someone like that but Allah (swt) knows best as to what happened in the aftermath of that incident.

What I will say for sure though is that unless there are any further reliable details mentioned about this in the Quran or Sunnah, then we cannot say for sure about what became of them afterwards. I realise that there may be other information in Christian and Jewish scriptures that may add further details to these stories which are not in the Quran or Sunnah but we have to remember that the books the Christians and Jews refer to now have been corrupted by people over the years so they cannot be looked at as reliable sources of information on these matters. It is possible that some of what they have described about these things may even be true, but as we have no way of verifying the information (if there's no Q or S info adding to this), then it's not our place to accept or reject what they say about it. Rather we just consider that to be speculation (and my guesswork about the aftermath was also speculation).

this is why i am asking the question here, as i have heard different things, but not sure of the source and wanted to be clear before deciding to use as an example....thanks for sharing..

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by Tahiyah View Post
    this is why i am asking the question here, as i have heard different things, but not sure of the source and wanted to be clear before deciding to use as an example....thanks for sharing..

Even the Jewish scriptures do not make any real significant mention of Prophet Yusuf alayhis salaam's wife, other than that her name was Asenath and that she was most likely the daughter of the Pharoah or whoever was in charge then.

So if they don't speak much of it, then i doubt the you'll find anything in any Islamic texts either.
    #So no, he didn't marry her. Its just a made up love story that some people concocted out of thin air.