Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    134 Post(s)

Mental Health & Awareness

Would You Agree There Isnt Enough Awareness About Mental Health In The Ummah Today ?

its Still Seen As A Taboo Subject, There Is Islamic Counselling Services. But there Isnt Any Indivdual Groups Or Awareness About It.

Most Of The Time I Hear If Your Mentality Ill Due To Your Weak Emaan, Or Jinn - Ayn Evil Eye.

But It Does Exist In Islaam.

How Could I Or We Do To Raise Awareness ? Ideas Please ?
    And He found you lost and guided you,
    ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
    " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
    ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Barayev
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Re: Mental Health & Awareness

yes it exists - from my experience asians are mental

Odan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

i only know of two muslim psychologists.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    134 Post(s)

Exactly - Its Eiether Joked About Or The Muslim Psychologists Come In Very Few Numbers.

So What Do you Think ? How Can Awareness Be Done ?

Salaah Reminders

الله أعلم

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There is nowhere near enough awareness about mental health issues IMO. I'm totally with you about raising awareness and also raising the profile of Islamic counselling services, i.e. those who are both qualified to treat mental health problems (not everyone who calls themselves a counsellor/counselling service is) and also practicing Muslims who deliver mental health counselling through an Islamic perspective. Like this: http://www.sakoon.co.uk/index.html (they do other kinds of counselling as well, e.g. marriage counselling, and it's all Islamic mashaAllah.)

I've been having counselling for PTSD and it really has helped so much I can't even begin to explain how much ALHAMDULILLAH.

On the other hand, there is nowhere near enough information about mental health issues, like causes, symptoms, warning signs etc. There are so many myths and misconceptions too and that leads to people not understanding they're at risk or that they have a problem or that someone can help them with it. And one of the biggest things is people who don't have mental health problems having this attitude that it won't affect them so they don't need to bother to find out about it...... but everyone thought that before they got them!! There's also this problem in wider society, not just the Muslim community.

And yeah I'm a bit sick of it always being joked about but there being no actual real, accurate information or support for so many people.

I was thinking of some kind of blog/website kind of thing but not really sure where to start....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    134 Post(s)

Yes Blog Is Such A Good Idea And Maybe Facebook Page. I Mean This dont Cover Things like Schrenpnia, Bipolar And Muti Personalty Disorder.

There Are Important Issues To be Raised Such A Muslims Do Get Depressed.

Salaah Reminders

الله أعلم

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm planning to write a blog about it inshaAllah, it would include:

-pages with general information about all different mental illnesses plus links to websites for more information

-articles to dispel myths about mental illness, including myths that are held by people in general and those that are held by Muslims

-articles written by Muslims who have mental illness about their experiences, especially with relation to the Muslim community (these can be anonoymous if the contributer wishes)

- articles about issues relevent to Muslims with mental health problems and those who care for mentally ill family members

-contact details of Islamic counselling services and other support organisations

-Muslims personal accounts of mental illness (anonymously, anyone who wants to contribute their account of their own illness can, and we'll keep it anonymous) including their own illness or caring for a family member

Also I'm thinking of having a facebook page or group for discussion, support and interacting with other Muslims who have mental health problems

----

I'd like the whole thing to be by Muslims, for Muslims, although non-Muslims would be welcome to contribute anything that's to do with what the blog's about.
    Last edited by dhak1yya; 11-09-11 at 08:35 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

I've got bipolar disorder. Anyone else?
    Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1569 Post(s)

Dhaks great idea Masha'Allah, do let me know when you get it up an running, I'll help you out with the resouces insha'Allah.

I have mounds of stuff about Mental Health Illness, symptoms, diagnosis, how to deal with it, how to care for someone etc, at work ( including that Wellbeing Manual, you looked at, I think )....great thing is, its been signed to be available in 7/8 other languages as well, and should be available online soon.

I'll have a look at your list at some point insha'Allah and give you a hand with collating appropriate stuff.
    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jenicca - re collating appropriate stuff/resources, did you mean articles or links? - I don't want to just stick in articles from other sources, I was hoping to include articles written by Muslims facing these issues for other Muslims who are facing them and also to dispel myths, from a personal perspective. Detailed stuff about symptoms, diagnosis etc is available elsewhere and can be linked to inshaAllah (where it's good and useful, because I have issues with some mental health websites and some articles written by psychiatrists/psychologists). What you mention sounds like good stuff to link to inshaAllah, especially the stuff in other languages. Also if you wrote an article that would be good inshaAllah.

Wolfn: if you or any other Muslim who has a mental health condition would like to write an article about your experiences or other issues related to you living with the condition and/or the Muslim community's attitudes to your condition or mental health in general, or anything along those lines you'd be more than welcome inshaAllah. Articles can all be contributed anonymously if desired, or you can say who you are, it's your choice inshaAllah. PM me inshaAllah. And if you don't want to that's fine, it's not compulsory lol... just if you wanted to raise awareness, etc.
    Last edited by dhak1yya; 11-09-11 at 10:36 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    134 Post(s)

Wolfn Want To Write Some Thing ? About It?

Salaah Reminders

الله أعلم

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Umm_Adam_ View Post

Would You Agree There Isnt Enough Awareness About Mental Health In The Ummah Today ?

its Still Seen As A Taboo Subject, There Is Islamic Counselling Services. But there Isnt Any Indivdual Groups Or Awareness About It.

Most Of The Time I Hear If Your Mentality Ill Due To Your Weak Emaan, Or Jinn - Ayn Evil Eye.

But It Does Exist In Islaam.

How Could I Or We Do To Raise Awareness ? Ideas Please ?
    wow thats so strange a few days ago I posted on the forum here, looking for people who wanted to join me in making a site for us with a particular aim, but it didnt work out.

I read here great ideas for a place of our own,looking foward to it.glad ummah took this subject it is really important one.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here's the blog: http://notpossessed.wordpress.com/

a
    nd the facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Im-not...65971853425242 please like the page even if you don't have mental health problems, and please read the blog too, because it's about raising awareness, and it;s something everyone should understand about inshaAllah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IbnulQayyim View Post
    i only know of two muslim psychologists.
    I'm in training. I come across so many people and what sad to see
    Is the majority of them are Muslim brothers and sisters.

Brothers come with social issues
    Whereas sisters issues centre around the family home.

There are Duas for stress and depression which is the highest amongst the
    British Asian communities. Last I heard the highest suicide rate was in Asian
    Pakistani women.
    Plz excuse if this is wrong has been nearly a year
    For being I'm full time education

Awareness well blog is right way To go abt it. Fb page is good too.
    On forums when pple pour their hearts out they often get ignored
    Unless they ask a specific question. To acknowledge someone greif
    And be part of it is also sunnat. Then will caring nature try to get them to
    Be more positive. As I don't know the people behind the threads I tend to take
    A caring approach whereas others give a tough love talking. Refrain from doin this
    Unless they ask for it. Because u don't know that persons mental state of mind.

The ideas on the blog are great.
    We are human but half the cases I come across are due to lack of
    Knowledge of the deen or practice of it by parents.
    Children who know more then parents but can't win a situation due to
    Obedien nature even though they are well within their rights to not obey
    Their parents ie. Delaying marriage etc

W.salaam
    Last edited by BeReal; 06-10-11 at 10:10 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I agree with you about the problem of families where kids are put in really bad situations due to their parents ignorance of the deen seen that a lot myself just from being on this forum, and in all honesty it doesn't surpise me that the suicide rate is so high among Pakistani women, and that alone should be a wake up call for people to abandon jahil cultural ways and attitudes that are causing so much harm and oppression in their society.

But the blog is not about teaching families how to impliment the deen in their daily lives (that's for another blog, and much needed though!), and there are lots of Muslims who are not pakistani who have their own set of issues. It's about raising awareness of all kinds of mental illness, whether they're caused by stress/life events or are genetic and beyond anyone's control, or whatever. The main thing IMO is to lift the stigma so that Muslims can get help and support regardless of what problem they have, AND to make Muslims aware of how their own attitudes towards mental illness may actually increase the suffering of those who have mental health problems, and how much harm the stigma itself does, as in preventing people who need help from getting help, so prolonging their suffering for years and years, maybe even resulting in them committing suicide when they could have been helped. Also it's to enable Muslims to find Muslim counsellors/psychologists/psychiatrists, so when you're qualified inshaAllah I'll be very happy to list you as someone people can go to for help inshaAllah.

The issue you raise about how people behave towards their family members does come into it, because it can be a cause of bad mental health, however it's not the main focus of the blog and blogs are more successful when they maintain focus on one specific thing. Also, better awareness of mental health in general inshaAllah will make the next generation more aware of how their behaviour can cause such intense suffering to others and inshaAllah behave better and pay more attention to Islam because of it.
    Last edited by dhak1yya; 07-10-11 at 03:41 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

I have anxiety issues. I take an anti-depressent for that and I see a shrink. It's a bit tough because she's not Muslim and doesn't get certain things that are specifically Islamic based, but for the most part, she is working with me to improve my ability to draw my own boundaries with people, and to increase the importance I place on my own goals and priorities. The anti-depressent really helps me to fend off the anxiety and pressure.

I'm a better Muslim because I got help. If other people are suffering, please know that there is help out there and it doesn't mean that you're not a good Muslim or that Islam is not enough for you. Sometimes there are skills you need to learn that a psychologist or psychiatrist can help you learn (as in my case). Sometimes you have a hormonal imbalance that prevents you from feeling your best (as in my case). Neither situation is the fault of the individual or their imaan.

In fact, my emaan is part of the reason I was finally strong enough to ask for help. I trusted that Allah swt wouldn't leave me in that condition, that there was a solution for how I was feeling. For a long time, I blamed myself, and didn't understand why I felt the way I did. But alhamdulilah, I'm healthier and happier now than I have been in a long time and I feel closer to Allah swt than I did before. My relationships have improved across the board and I even sleep better. alhamdulilah.

Please note that in Ontario at least, therapy of this kind is covered by OHIP (although meds need to go through your health plan), so if you're in Ontario, there is no financial reason to delay getting some help with things.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions you'd like to ask me about this issue.

Odan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

We need more Muslim Psychologists...
    BTW interesting psychology discussion on my da'wah page..if anyone wants to see, pm me.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Juvegirl View Post
    I have anxiety issues. I take an anti-depressent for that and I see a shrink. It's a bit tough because she's not Muslim and doesn't get certain things that are specifically Islamic based, but for the most part, she is working with me to improve my ability to draw my own boundaries with people, and to increase the importance I place on my own goals and priorities. The anti-depressent really helps me to fend off the anxiety and pressure.

I'm a better Muslim because I got help. If other people are suffering, please know that there is help out there and it doesn't mean that you're not a good Muslim or that Islam is not enough for you. Sometimes there are skills you need to learn that a psychologist or psychiatrist can help you learn (as in my case). Sometimes you have a hormonal imbalance that prevents you from feeling your best (as in my case). Neither situation is the fault of the individual or their imaan.

In fact, my emaan is part of the reason I was finally strong enough to ask for help. I trusted that Allah swt wouldn't leave me in that condition, that there was a solution for how I was feeling. For a long time, I blamed myself, and didn't understand why I felt the way I did. But alhamdulilah, I'm healthier and happier now than I have been in a long time and I feel closer to Allah swt than I did before. My relationships have improved across the board and I even sleep better. alhamdulilah.

Please note that in Ontario at least, therapy of this kind is covered by OHIP (although meds need to go through your health plan), so if you're in Ontario, there is no financial reason to delay getting some help with things.

Feel free to PM me if you have questions you'd like to ask me about this issue.
    if you would like to contribute your story to the blog inshaAllah you'd be most welcome I can make it anonymous (i.e. fake name, remove any identifying details) if you want. I can just cut and paste what you wrote there into the blog if you don't want to write it again. Also it highlights the issue of why Muslim counsellors (psychologists/psychiatrists etc) are better for Muslims than non-Muslim ones, but the fact you had a good experience with a non-Muslim counsellor mashaAllah will make people not worry if they can't get a Muslim counsellor for whatever reason. MashaAllah that you're feeling better now

Umm Al Shifaa
    Guests

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfn View Post
    I've got bipolar disorder. Anyone else?

I know of two sisters with bipolar depression. One is quite close and have visited her several times in mental health unit when she got admitted. Very difficult,SubhanAllah.

The other sis I met more recently, just looking at her face,fixed such sad look, SubhanAllah she tried to commit suicide several times, SubhanAllah.

May Allah cure all of you. It definetly is a manageable condition,but social support is really important.

Problem with many psychiatric conditions is that even doctors themselves don't understand how it is caused. Most of the hypothesis emanates from the fact that some medication work.

May Allah grant u sabr Wolfn and all those with same illness, ur definetly not alone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

I'm so passionate about this that sometimes I jump the gun

there are different Asiancommunitiess affected by this.

I agree. Raise awareness first. To acknowledge that it exist

Fairly new member but will check out psychology page
    U mentioned

W.salaam
    Last edited by BeReal; 08-10-11 at 01:14 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is very true. Lately i have been consumed with too much fear and evil thoughts plague my mind which makes me feel unease and worried.

I've only felt this way when I started to make Islam my priority. So I pray InshAllah your venture becomes a success.

P.S can you please point me in the direction of where I can speak with a Muslim sister counsellor online?

Jazkir Allah Khair

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

click on "i'm not possessed" in my sig to get to the blog, then click "get help" and there's a link to an Islamic counselling service (sakoon) which has male and female counsellors. they can do counselling via skype (I'm doing counselling with them via skype myself and it's helped me so much mashaAllah, see "zainab's story" on the blog (that's me) so they come very well recommended mashaAllah) - they are a private service although the consultation is free where they you can talk to a counsellor about what your issues are and discuss if/whether/how doing counselling with them can help you inshaAllah.

There's also the number for the Muslim Youth Helpline on the same page, although this isn't counselling, just someone to listen to you and give you advice, although they may know of other counselling services that could help you.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    134 Post(s)

Great Respones

Salaah Reminders

الله أعلم

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I involved in various puzzles and sports games.........

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

well i think that there is some kind of programs where some specialists can guide ummah about Mental Health and some kind of programs which can help us to solve this issue.
    [URL="http://www.alquranreciting.com/"]quran reciting[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.alquranreciting.com/"]quran reading[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.alquranreciting.com/"]quran recitation[/URL]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well its really hard to aware everybody but now we are starting a awarness program about Mental health in our Islamic Institute
    Last edited by aleena28; 19-11-11 at 03:34 PM.
    [URL="http://www.alquranreciting.com/"]quran reciting[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.alquranreciting.com/"]quran reading[/URL]
    [URL="http://www.alquranreciting.com/"]quran recitation[/URL]

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quoted
    922 Post(s)

I have a non Muslim friend who had bipolar which was triggered by another underlying medical condition (which has since been resolved so now she's recovering from the bipolar as well but that's another story). I asked her a lot about bipolar and how it affects people and she gave me some information about it. The thing that struck me about her description of how the condition affects a subset of people and that certain people having warped compulsions that can draw them towards fornication (sometimes with the same gender or sometimes with the opposite gender with different people this can vary) as well as having extreme mood swings, short temper and becoming drawn to stuff like alcohol or drugs. Deep down they may have a logical or intellectual awareness that these things are wrong but the condition impairs their impulse control. Another non Muslim I know told me her sister developed bipolar in her teens and exhibited these behaviours as well by indulging in heavy drinking and bringing strange men into the house to the point that the family couldn't cope and threw her out so she lives alone on the other side of town now.

Anyway my point is this... let's say there's a guy from a Muslim family, not strict in the deen but has enough knowledge to know right from wrong. He habitually drinks alcohol, became promiscuous and slept around with different women even after getting married. He loses his temper and hits his wife sometimes but readily admits she's a good wife and he shouldn't do that. Each day he wakes up saying to himself today he wont drink or commit zina and some days he behaves himself but other days he feels he can't help himself. He mixes with cousins who are equally into drinking and zina.

So how do you know whether this behaviour can be attributable to a condition such as bipolar meaning he couldn't help himself... or is he just an ****hole? I know you might say he should pray more or get more into his religion etc but can his impaired judgement also affect his ability to incline more towards what is right in that regard as well?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    134 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by aleena28 View Post
    Well its really hard to aware everybody but now we are starting a awarness program about Mental health in our Islamic Institute
    Alhumdulillaah

Salaah Reminders

الله أعلم

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

this is so true

i know one sister who thought she was possesed by the devil because other muslims told her that
    just coz she had some mental issues
    we need to be more educated in this
    also the way the world is going many more people are forming mental illnesses
    alot ive seeen have been muslims both reverts and converts living in western society
    and also muslims living in the east
    its something we need to do more about

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    933 Post(s)

may Allah reward you all for your joint efforts.
    Raising awareness of issues of this very nature is really needed.
    'And when a thing for which you ask is slow to come,
    Then know that often through delay are gifts received'
    علي الحبشي

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

hey friends,

welcome to this forum site....
    There are so many myths and misconceptions too and that leads to people not understanding they're at risk or that they have a problem or that someone can help them with it. And one of the biggest things is people who don't have mental health problems having this attitude that it won't affect them so they don't need to bother to find out about it
    -------

HQL Tutorial

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    30 Post(s)

Our sisters are more vulnerable to mental problems and hence there is a greater need for such care.Talking out to psychologists do help to a great extent to free burdens on the mind. Our administrators must think seriously in terms of forming lady psychologists attached to our Masjids.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm glad this issue has been discussed.. There's far too many Muslims who are suffering in silence with no one to turn to.. Allah swt is the ultimate cure but we need to change ourselves to be closer to our deen and that does require help and support especially if we aren't praciticing. I'm more than happy to check out the blog.. Mashalallah it's a great initiative.. Inshallah we can help our brothers and sisters out instead of condemning and labelling from society.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The mind and body are complex and interconnected. We can no longer state clearly where the mind ends and the body begins. Many severe mental illnesses have a clear biological component, and genetic factors have been implicated in some disorders.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Assalaamu-alaikum All,

How are you? I pray you and you're family are well, insha'Allah.

I've read many of these posts and we have many views which many are similar in different angles. There are mental issues in Islam. First and foremost we are human beings and not robots or a special breed of creation. Many humans come to Islam fortunately and unfortunately many go away from it. Yet we all feel and have mental issues at some poitn in our lives, right? Everyone has a feeling of being down or 'depressed' and times of high energy and happiness. Yet we prod along with life. Right?

Unfortunately, many feel these emotions to a higher, deeper and longer state of mind allowing these feelings to initmately influence their daily lives in their jobs, work, relationships etc. Thsi is what we see as real and major mental issues. It is NOT unfortunately by some, seen as works of Jinns and evil eye etc. They are NOT possessed, mad nor insane. They simply have these isseus and need support by those who are culturally and socially aware, experienced and trained. Having members from our community who say the former that one is possessed or mad or just needs some tablets in simply 'brushing it under the carpet'. We have potential as do these many muslims. By dealing with these issues, they will be in a position to achieve their potential.

The mind is made up of two aspects: conscious (CM)- like what we want to eat and wear on a certain day, and unconscious (UM)- like our name, number family etc. Our CM takes in approx 135 bits of information. Our UM takes in approx 2million bits of information, like how we're sitting on the chair and that our toe is touching the inside of our shoe. Etc. Right?

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The body and the mind have a connection. The body, when it gets ill, is the UM telling the individual via the CM that what one is doing in their daily life either at work or in their relationship is NOT right and needs to be changed. One continues to do and voercomes the minor illnessess over time and finds that they are now a patient of major illnessess - as a result of not listening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

as someone who has suffered mental health issues before and after reversion all i can say is its a society problem rather than an ummah problem.

I have been written off as exaggerating, oh you look fine. Even worse - 'you are so bubbly - no one would know there was anything wrong with you'. It hurts cos i am actually strong in that i will cover it up.

My mum understands as she has suffered issues too. Unless someone has had direct contact with a sufferer/trained in it or suffered from it then theres just a lack of awareness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have been diagnosed with various mental illnesses as a child. I was diagnosed with ADHD at 2 years old and put on Ritalin. Turns out I did not have ADHD, I "had" ADD. I was in speech therapy from I guess K-9th grade when I got expelled in November 2002 at 15. I was in Physical and Occupational therapy due to being born at 24.5 weeks old from Head Start to mid 6th grade when mom pulled me out. At 14 during my first stay in the mental hospital I was diganosed with Depression, Schizo-phrenic tendancies, mainc depression, bipolar disorder. At 15 during my second stay in another mental hospital I was diagnosed with Depression, Bi-Polar, PTSD. My mother's husband made sure I knew they could lock me up in the mental ward until I was 21. At 15 I had no choice. It was eithesr go to foster care at 15 where I would have been abused/raped, or get into a mental hospital within 24 hours or I would be in jail at 15. I chose the mental hospital so we had to hurry up and get me into one or else I'd still be in jail right now if that had not happened about me getting into a mental hospital. My school counselor last summer I think said that she thinks I have PTSD. I tried "therapy" at 14. All the shrink wanted to do was put me on drugs. And the therapist didn't listen to me at all. I survive if you will by pushing everything bad that's happened in my life at the hands of mom's ex-husband to the back of my mind and don't think about it and I do my best not to think of almost being seuxlaly molested at 11 by my babysitter's younger brother. As far as everyone in my family is concerned, I deserve to be locked up in the mental ward forever. I do not think that there is enough compassion for people who suffer from mental illness. The "Muslims" just want to believe you're being targted by "Jinn" when mental illness is a real disease. It's not something "Supernatural".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

This is a news flash for me and yeah very informative since not all would know it exist nowadays

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Dear Brothers, I am raising money for a very important charity IDCI. To summarise, what they actually do is to publish Islamic text and send to both Muslims and Non Muslims. They have printed millions of publications and are in need of more funding so that they can spread the word of Islam. Dear brothers it is the duty of every Muslim to follow the efforts of Prophet Muhammad pbuh and also what can be better than doing this good deed in the month of Ramadan. So i humbly request my brothers to donate and also ask friends and family to donate to: https://www.justgiving.com/adil-elahi All money goes straight to IDCI as you will see on the website. May Allah accept our efforts and assist us in assisting the Ummah of the Prophet. Jazakullah