Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Abu Taubah Arrested

On Tuesday, August 23, 2011, Abu Taubah was arrested by the US Federal Bureau of Investigation. Abu Taubah is being held in a detention facility in Florida, while the Government follows its legal process. No doubt, this is a test for our Muslim Brother Abu Taubah and his Family. As it is prescribed for the Muslims who have the misfortune to live in kaafir states to unite, to form bonds amongst themselves and cooperate with one another, we ask that you assist us in defense of our esteemed teacher. Also, Abu Taubah is a US Citizen who is “assumed to be innocent until proven guilty”.

What should you do? Please donate generously to the “Abu Taubah Defense and Support Fund”. Your contributions will be used to pay for food, clothing and shelter for his Family, and Abu Taubah’s legal fees. Also, please make Duaa to Allah to Remove this Difficulty from Abu Taubah and his Family.

We shall, insha’Allaah continue to update you as we receive more information regarding this affair, walHamdulillaah.

http://myfiks.org/

Account Disabled

Re: Abu Taubah Arrested

Sadly the Muslim community will choose to distance themselves from him to save their own skins don't be surprised if we see his name tarnished on sites like Muslimmatters and local Muslim leaders praising the FBI and saluting the American flag

As it is prescribed for the Muslims who have the misfortune to live in kaafir states to unite, to form bonds amongst themselves and cooperate with one another

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhahabi View Post
    Sadly the Muslim community will choose to distance themselves from him to save their own skins don't be surprised if we see his name tarnished on sites like Muslimmatters and local Muslim leaders praising the FBI and saluting the American flag
    Hmm...is Abu Taubah the African American scholar who used to be a boxer or something? (just trying to figure out who is being talked about)

Secondly, Muslimmatters is alright; not everything I read on there is amazing, but they do a lot of good stuff.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2o7d8e6Ovbs
    黒い涙 流す
    私には何もなくて 悲しすぎて
    言葉にさえならなくて

^ i think he was a former marine in the US army ... he was also on the deen show recently

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5cdfgZ1sM0

Account Disabled

Muslimmatters is all a about rats on a sinking ship who scurry to get off but there is also one particular rat who wants to be the captain

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Dhahabi View Post
    Muslimmatters is all a about rats on a sinking ship who scurry to get off but there is also one particular rat who wants to be the captain
    Can you tell me what bothers you about them? I am just wondering brother, I am not trying to belittle your points and am not even saying you are wrong.
    黒い涙 流す
    私には何もなくて 悲しすぎて
    言葉にさえならなくて

maybe we can make another thread for muslimmatters ... this 1 is for abu taubah

subhanAllah shocking news, what was he arrested for?
    Show your disgust at Anjem Choudary speaking in your name:
    ]
    https://www.facebook.com/BritishMusl...tAnjemChoudary

Quote Originally Posted by Dawud Beale View Post
    subhanAllah shocking news, what was he arrested for?
    that it doesnt say

madkhalis at it as usual calling abu tawbah not upon the sunnah

http://www.salafitalk.net/st/viewmes...m=6&Topic=8992

Account Disabled

Madkhalis are pure filth

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

Woah what?
    My service is to only the ummah.

SubhanaAllah.. that is crazy.. whenever someone starts being an influence, this happens.
    Allahu Akbar kabira, walhamdulllah kathira, wa subhanallahi bukratan wa'asila.

Odan

Asalamu Alaikum,

SubhanAllah I am surprised this news hasn't spread that much. I am barely hearing about it here in the states.

May Allah protect him and his family from harm.

Affidavit: http://s88179113.onlinehome.us/2011-...2011-08-23.pdf

http://s88179113.onlinehome.us/2011-...2011-08-24.pdf

It is definitely more than just a firearm possession.
    Last edited by Excuse_me; 01-09-11 at 11:28 PM.

Salaam how can they possibly arrest ABU TAUBA!!!!!!!!
    If you shave a mane of a lion what would he look like?

An Imam in Orlando, Florida has purportedly been arrested by the FBI. Marcus "Abu Taubah" Robertson is the imam at the Masjid al-Ihsaan in Orlando Florida where he teaches a number of classes.

Abu Taubah also runs an online Islamic seminary which this week announced that the imam had been arrested by the FBI:

On Tuesday, August 23, 2011, Abu Taubah was arrested by the US Federal Bureau of Investigation. Abu Taubah is being held in a detention facility in Florida, while the Government follows its legal process. No doubt, this is a test for our Muslim Brother Abu Taubah and his Family.

The charges against Abu Taubah have not been made public, but the mosque's website encourages followers to relocate closer to the imam so that Muslim families can "learn to live Islam". It sounds kind of cultish.

His YouTube page is here. His facebook. His twitter.

I don't see anything all that controversial (first glance).

I'm still searching for info on this guy. Any added info would be helpful. If the arrest turns out to be terror related, expect these sites to crash. Which means back up anything you see.

H/T: J/M Berger & Abu Risaas via Internet Haganah forum.

UPDATE: Oddly, the announcement on his FIKS website claims he was arrested on Aug. 23rd .... but his last tweet is from the 28th, five days after they claim he was arrested. -->Update: He was arrested on the 23rd, the twitter account must be run by his organization.

UPDATE: Here's the thread over on the Haganah forum. Aaron digs up the court documents which charges that during a search of the imam's home a federal officer found a gun. Since he's a convicted felon that's against the law.

But AB notes this key phrase from the officer who filed the affidavit which gives us a clue as to just why the FBI was interested in this guy in the first place:

I have conducted investigations in counter-terrorism matters...

Also, the documents reveal that the prosecuting attorney will be using FISA evidence at the hearing.

So, it was a terror investigation that led to the arrest.

so like any1 using the nick abu talib on another forum?

well finally this is gaining steam and people are spreading it to other forums ...

Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. Ouch. That might net him some hard time.

Insh'allah, everything will turn out for the best. He has a rough history and the feds will use that against him.
    Last edited by DAAR84; 02-09-11 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DAAR84 View Post
    Possession of a firearm by a convicted felon. Ouch. That might net him some hard time.

Insh'allah, everything will turn out for the best. He has a rough history and the feds will use that against him.
    source?

Quote Originally Posted by AFGMAN View Post
    Asalamu Alaikum,

SubhanAllah I am surprised this news hasn't spread that much. I am barely hearing about it here in the states.

May Allah protect him and his family from harm.

Affidavit: http://s88179113.onlinehome.us/2011-...2011-08-23.pdf

It is definitely more than just a firearm possession.
    Laa Hawla wa kaa quwwata illa billAah.

BismillAhyraHmaanyraHeem,

Do you like to eat your brothers dead meat?
    Do you think it is ok to post blunt lies about someone who tries to educate this umma and share his knowledge with the people
    Do you think that because someone is a teacher or an imam or a daa'i it is ok to post about his private life on the net like that, it is even worse when they are lies.

this marcus roberston has nothing to do with abu taubah!!!! Nothing at all!!!
    It is someone totally different. So the person who just posts these links and affidavits without checking whether they might not be talking about the same person and without thinking about the consequences of spreading some file found on the net just like that without any consideration to the person involved and starting like this a sick and ugly lie and tarnish the image of a teacher and a father, you should be ashamed of yourself

SubHanAllah,
    instead of busying yourselves with mere talks and theories about why a muslim has been arrested and trying to dig some juicy lies and post them on the net, you'd better think what if this happens to me would i love that people post things about me just like this on the net, details of my life and lies!!!

Do you know the 99 names of Allah, do you know your basic fiqh?

SubHanAllah!!

I opened that file that is supposed to be talking about abu taubah. First of all who told you his middle name is dwayne?
    He was teaching in august and is been teaching since 2010 online so how can he be teaching and be in prison and been arrested at the same time!!!

WallAhy you people make me sick. I feel ashamed and i hope you do too and remove these filthy lies from the net and stop chatting and making a sensation out of this!! and instead look for ways to help the brother out!!

subHanAllah wa bihamdihi AstagfirullAhy wa Atoobu ilaih
    Last edited by abulina; 02-09-11 at 01:25 AM.

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by abulina View Post
    Laa Hawla wa kaa quwwata illa billAah.

BismillAhyraHmaanyraHeem,

Do you like to eat your brothers dead meat?
    Do you think it is ok to post blunt lies about someone who tries to educate this umma and share his knowledge with the people
    Do you think that because someone is a teacher or an imam or a daa'i it is ok to post about his private life on the net like that, it is even worse when they are lies.

this marcus roberston has nothing to do with abu taubah!!!! Nothing at all!!!
    It is someone totally different. So the person who just posts these links and affidavits without checking whether they might not be talking about the same person and without thinking about the consequences of spreading some file found on the net just like that without any consideration to the person involved and starting like this a sick and ugly lie and tarnish the image of a teacher and a father, you should be ashamed of yourself

SubHanAllah,
    instead of busying yourselves with mere talks and theories about why a muslim has been arrested and trying to dig some juicy lies and post them on the net, you'd better think what if this happens to me would i love that people post things about me just like this on the net, details of my life and lies!!!

Do you know the 99 names of Allah, do you know your basic fiqh?

SubHanAllah!!

I opened that file that is supposed to be talking about abu taubah. First of all who told you his middle name is dwayne?
    He was teaching in august and is been teaching since 2010 online so how can he be teaching and be in prison and been arrested at the same time!!!

WallAhy you people make me sick. I feel ashamed and i hope you do too and remove these filthy lies from the net and stop chatting and making a sensation out of this!! and instead look for ways to help the brother out!!

subHanAllah wa bihamdihi AstagfirullAhy wa Atoobu ilaih
    Asalamu Alaikum,

Actually if you even look at noobz article you will realize that Marcus Robertson is Abu Taubah. Abu Taubah is his muslim name that he chose after his reversion. Many people who come into Islam dont change their legal name but just choose themselves a muslim name to be identified by amongst the Muslims.

The links were posted on a different forum and was just posted on here to outline what his charges were.

Insha'Allah before you register for an account just to post that you should double check first. No need to overreact.

Jazakallah Khair

Quote Originally Posted by Excuse_me View Post
    Asalamu Alaikum,

Actually if you even look at noobz article you will realize that Marcus Robertson is Abu Taubah. Abu Taubah is his muslim name that he chose after his reversion. Many people who come into Islam dont change their legal name but just choose themselves a muslim name to be identified by amongst the Muslims.

The links were posted on a different forum and was just posted on here to outline what his charges were.

Insha'Allah before you register for an account just to post that you should double check first. No need to overreact.

Jazakallah Khair
    lol ... the things he started saying made him sound like a drama queen ....... do u know the names of all 5 teletubbies? ...

I mean seriously , if we didnt care then I wouldnt even have made this thread .... the most important thing which every1 is asking on all the forums is that why did they arrest him and quite a number of replies were cause he was gaining fame among the youth and that was a threat.

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by noobz View Post
    lol ... the things he started saying made him sound like a drama queen ....... do u know the names of all 5 teletubbies? ...

I mean seriously , if we didnt care then I wouldnt even have made this thread .... the most important thing which every1 is asking on all the forums is that why did they arrest him and quite a number of replies were cause he was gaining fame among the youth and that was a threat.
    lol yeah overreacted too much. I wouldnt be surprised if that was true.

.dum.vita.est.spes.est. Pippin1376's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by noobz View Post
    An Imam in Orlando, Florida has purportedly been arrested by the FBI. Marcus "Abu Taubah" Robertson is the imam at the Masjid al-Ihsaan in Orlando Florida where he teaches a number of classes.

Abu Taubah also runs an online Islamic seminary which this week announced that the imam had been arrested by the FBI:

On Tuesday, August 23, 2011, Abu Taubah was arrested by the US Federal Bureau of Investigation. Abu Taubah is being held in a detention facility in Florida, while the Government follows its legal process. No doubt, this is a test for our Muslim Brother Abu Taubah and his Family.

The charges against Abu Taubah have not been made public, but the mosque's website encourages followers to relocate closer to the imam so that Muslim families can "learn to live Islam". It sounds kind of cultish.

His YouTube page is here. His facebook. His twitter.

I don't see anything all that controversial (first glance).

I'm still searching for info on this guy. Any added info would be helpful. If the arrest turns out to be terror related, expect these sites to crash. Which means back up anything you see.

H/T: J/M Berger & Abu Risaas via Internet Haganah forum.

UPDATE: Oddly, the announcement on his FIKS website claims he was arrested on Aug. 23rd .... but his last tweet is from the 28th, five days after they claim he was arrested. -->Update: He was arrested on the 23rd, the twitter account must be run by his organization.

UPDATE: Here's the thread over on the Haganah forum. Aaron digs up the court documents which charges that during a search of the imam's home a federal officer found a gun. Since he's a convicted felon that's against the law.

But AB notes this key phrase from the officer who filed the affidavit which gives us a clue as to just why the FBI was interested in this guy in the first place:

I have conducted investigations in counter-terrorism matters...

Also, the documents reveal that the prosecuting attorney will be using FISA evidence at the hearing.

So, it was a terror investigation that led to the arrest.
    You don't write this well, so can you post the Source where you got this from.
    "...And never give up hope of Allah's Soothing Mercy: truly no one despairs of Allah's Soothing Mercy, except those who have no faith."
    Surah Yusuf
    [12:87]

.:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
    Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

Quote Originally Posted by AFGMAN View Post
    source?
    What do you mean source? What source are you interested in? The criminal records are listed in the above .PDF documents.

If you are wanting a source for my comment on possession, it's common knowledge that it's a serious crime for a ex-felon to acquire firearms and ammunition.

Quote Originally Posted by Pippin1376 View Post
    You don't write this well, so can you post the Source where you got this from.
    I never claimed i wrote that , why dont u use google and find it urself.

subhanallah,

overreacting?
    By the reaction i can tell that common sense is difficult to find and by the teletubbies answer i can tell that im dealing with people that have no clue of what they are talking about,drama queen? On the day of judgement when everyone will be taking account for their deeds and the person that posted these socalled policereports will have to give away his good deeds because of spreading false info about abu taubah i think then you wont be finding it funny anymore.
    i see no attention and careful read has been paid to what i said with regards to those reports that have nothing to do with abu taubah and i don't think u have been reading my post entirely!

I know the teacher personally and if u really cared for the person you wouldnt be posting police reports of a marcus dwayne!! Robertson!

I pray to allah that he may forgive us all for our sins and i hope you guys will start seeking beneficial knowledge and stop talking about what you know nothing about.

^ the only thing i see u doing here is cause arguments. Why dont u learn some adaab , i made this thread to shed light on brother abu tawbah , not accuse him or u accuse us of anything.

I did my duty walHamdulillAh.

And i don't think you know what aadaab entails. Ghayr insha'Allah.

Assalaamu'aleykum wa rahmatullAh.

Ps:i had to react to that police report and i hope someone will finally acknowledge what i said and stop paying attention to other things. I won't be posting anymore. I think i was clear enough. Salaamu'aleykum

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by abulina View Post
    subhanallah,

overreacting?
    By the reaction i can tell that common sense is difficult to find and by the teletubbies answer i can tell that im dealing with people that have no clue of what they are talking about,drama queen? On the day of judgement when everyone will be taking account for their deeds and the person that posted these socalled policereports will have to give away his good deeds because of spreading false info about abu taubah i think then you wont be finding it funny anymore.
    i see no attention and careful read has been paid to what i said with regards to those reports that have nothing to do with abu taubah and i don't think u have been reading my post entirely!

I know the teacher personally and if u really cared for the person you wouldnt be posting police reports of a marcus dwayne!! Robertson!

I pray to allah that he may forgive us all for our sins and i hope you guys will start seeking beneficial knowledge and stop talking about what you know nothing about.
    I am curious to know why the masjid he teaches at would call him Marcus Robertson on their website?

Take a look:
    #
    # Our present Imam is Abu Taubah Marcus Robertson. Abu Taubah is a Hafiz of Quran and many of his children are also Hafiz. He received much of his Islamic Education in Mauritania which, as he himself describes, came either “in a tent or on the back of a camel”. This experience has left him with an incredible sense of simplicity and “out of the box” thinking that he leverages to accomplish objectives. Abu Taubah has rented a home near the Masjid in a nice neighborhood and many families are moving to Orlando with their families to “live Islam” with his Guidance and Mentoring. His Jummah Khuthahs and lectures are extremely motivational. You should consider relocating close to Abu Taubah to take advantage of this rare opportunity to have as your Brother and Neighbor this Talented Student of Knowledge. For further information about Abu Taubah, visit http://thefiks.org/ or Youtube.
    http://masjidalihsaan.org/index.php?...&id=5&Itemid=6

^ this abulina guy sounds like a fraud now only here to cause argument

His arrest is well deserved. He is a federal ex-con and by law he isn't supposed to be in possession of any firearms.

Why is he a federal felon and why is his arrest deserved?

In Brooklyn, NY during the early 90s, Abu Taubah and a group of young Muslims executed a number of postal office and bank robberies under the direction of Abu Taubah, who used his military expertise to plan the armed robberies. A police office named Charles Jardins was shot during one of Abu Taubah's 'operations'. When the young men and a sister were finally apprehended by authorities, Abu Taubah turned to a federal witness testifying against the very Muslims he trained to commit crimes.

This is public record and here is a link to court document pertaining to this case. Type Ctrl+F then enter Abu Taubah's real name, Roberson, and you will see public record of him cooperating with authorities.

In exchange for aiding the prosecution, Abu Taubah received a mere 4 year sentence in prison for racketeering. The proof of that is the court records pposted earlier in the link. However the Muslims, his friends, who he testified against are mostly all still in prison and some will never be released.

Darryl Board release date 2041. Sentenced to 56 years in prison because of Abu Taubah's testimony.

Craig Williams release date unknown. Sentenced 160 years in prison becuase of Abu Taubah's testimony

and there are several others who are still in prison for participating in criminal activity WITH AND UNDER THE DIRECTION OF ABU TAUBAH.

His arrest is well-deserved. Perhaps the government WANTS HIM TO WORK FOR THEM AGAIN and he turned them down?

Who knows?

However, the facts are that there are Muslims who will never taste freedom again because of Abu Taubah's criminal direction AND cooperation with the authorities.

In Sura Nas, Allah ordered us to seek refuge from the whisperer who withdraws after he whispers, Shaytaan. We all know Shaytaan whispers seduce us to commit sins. However, on the Day of Judgement he will act as if he did no wrong then blame the very person who he inspired. May Allah protect us from Shaytaan and his Shayateen from amongst us, Ameen.

In the African-American Muslim communities of NYC, where Abu Taubah and myself are from, THIS IS WELL-KNOWN. We know Abu Taubah very, very well. May Allah ease the suffering of all the families who have been suffering for close 20 years due to the works of Abu Taubah. Ameen

Chillin' with my axe

^Hmmm...

We don't know exactly everything that happened...
    but Brooklynmuslim, brother there has been at least one case of a brother from the NYC area going around to different areas and essentially scamming muslims out of their money. That person is not abu taubah, for sure. As for what you saying regarding him, Allah knows best. I wasn't in court; I don't know.
    Next time there's a scammer coming from a certain part of the country, we should alert each other. I do worry that sometimes alerting can lead to backbiting, etc.
    黒い涙 流す
    私には何もなくて 悲しすぎて
    言葉にさえならなくて

Muslims don't even need 5 minutes to turn on each other like animals...May Allah guide us.
    "And We will remove whatever is in their breasts of resentment, [so they will be] brothers, on thrones facing each other."
    Al Hijr: 47

it doesnt matter what he did in his past, it is apparant he has repented and is trying to do good works and enjoin others to good and patience. so we judge him by what is apparant, and the rest is between him and Allah

Recipes for all the family
    (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Taking Advantage of Opportunities: Advice from Abu Talhah

Bismillaah ir-Rahmaan ir-Rahiim,
    7th Shawwaal, 1432

As-salaamu ‘alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuhu,

This is a message to the Muslims who are free, but who do not understand what kind of opportunity this is. The difference between a life in prison and a life on the outside is tremendous from many angles, but the most dramatic is that of one’s opportunities to do righteous deeds.

It is amazing to me that there are people who live near a masjid, but they fail to respond to the adhaan. They have the opportunity to put their ankle to their brother’s ankle, their shoulder to their brother’s shoulder, to pray without fear that it will cause them to be cut from their families, to pray without fear that they will be thrown into isolation, to pray without the fear that they will spend more time in prison, yet they fail to do it. This is the situation in the prisons in America, yet there is not a single prison where you will not find the Muslims forming rows. How is it that there are masaajid where you cannot always find people lining up for prayer?

I cannot imagine a single brother in this unit doing anything except for crying the moment they first enter a Masjid for salaah. Brothers, you do not know what you are missing by remaining in your houses. You do not know what that feeling is when you enter the masjid, when you line up for prayer, when you make your dhikr in the houses of Allaah. You will never know this unless you lose it. You will achieve some of it if you attach yourself to the masjid, but you will not know it until it is taken from you by force. When shaytaan takes it from you, he tries to destroy this love in your heart, so the weak among us feel only a slight pain when they miss a prayer in jama’ah. However, the pain should be tremendous.

There was a scholar long ago who was imprisoned for calling to the sunnah during the reign of ahl ul-bid’ah. When he would hear the adhaan for jumu’ah he would walk to the gate of the prison and say to Allaah that he had responded to His call, but that he was prevented from attending the salaah. Those of us who are prevented by walls of concrete are very few in number, but those of us who are prevented by walls made of impiety are very great in number. The walls of concrete are very difficult to tear down, but those of impiety can be torn down by fearing Allaah ‘azzaa wa jall, and attaching yourself to the masjid. Do you not desire shade on a day where there is no shade except for the righteous? Then attach your hearts to the masaajid. Do not abandon your obligations. Attend the salaah. When you are called to a good deed, then heed that call.

Additionally, you cannot imagine the pain of being cut off from knowledge until it has happened to you. In our unit we have been severed from the shuyuukh and the serious students of knowledge. Those who are imprisoned are in different locations than us, so we have to wait and make du’aa that Allaah release them, but that if He does not release them that He bring them to us. Those who are free have forgotten their obligations or they are ignorant of the situation of the Muslims. There are only a few who respond when asked, and there are even fewer who reach out to those in need. If they do not understand that we do not have the internet, nor do we have address books, nor do we have phone numbers by which we can look them up and contact them, then let them know that this is our situation.

We have a few brothers who have studied this subject or that subject to a fair level of depth, but we are not allowed to discuss religion in the setting of a halaqah or class. We have a brother known as Azmaraa-ii who has knowledge of five or six riwaayaat of tajwiid, but he is only allowed to teach one person at a time.

Brothers and sisters, take advantage of your situation. Spend your free time studying and attending the circles of knowledge. Do not attach yourselves to the lesser acts of worship such as reading the news to the point that you are prevented from those which are better such as seeking knowledge. Find a balance between the two. Read the news for a few minutes a day and seek knowledge for a few hours a day. That is the proper balance.

Also, do not waste your time in your pursuit of knowledge. Do not try to master the fiqh of moving the finger in the salaah before learning Arabic, because you cannot master the former before the latter. Do not spend hour after hour studying the nuances of the ‘aqiidah before you learn “laysa kamithlihi shay.” Go to the people of knowledge and ask them, “What should I study?” Say to them, “Make me a curriculum.” Do not think that you can become a person of knowledge on your own. Do not think you can become a person of knowledge without taking advantage of the means which Allaah has provided you.

The internet will deceive you very quickly into thinking you know such and such or such and such. However, knowledge like that in al-Mughni, Fath ul-Baari, and other such works is not obtained through Google. It is obtained through years of sitting in classes of the shuyuukh, through learning the usuul of fiqh, the usuul of hadiith, the usuul of tafsiir. So many people lose their footing, because they do not know how to study.

Brothers and sisters, you do not know how much you are missing by failing to attend the halaqaat. In prison there are no halaqaat except if the people are willing to risk losing their families for a month or two months, staying in isolation for a month or two months, and having their sentences increased by a month or more. However, you will find many Muslims in the prisons who are willing to risk these consequences either to learn or to teach, because they love to increase in knowledge, to please Allaah, subhaanahu wa ta’alaa, and to learn how to worship Him best. Even so, there is great difficulty for such people, and the door to knowledge is often very difficult to pass through. A person might serve a life sentence in the BOP and he will never see someone as knowledgeable as Azmaraa-ii. He might spend thirty or forty years without running across somebody who is willing and able to teach him how to read the Qur-aan. You will find countless people who will spend their entire lives in study, but their knowledge has a ceiling which cuts them off from a higher level of understanding due to their lack of access to good teachers.

Take advantage of the things which you can do while you are free. Brothers and sisters, many if not most of the people in here did not have a clue that they might be arrested some day. Some people did not break the law and others had no clue they were breaking the law. You do not know when or if Allaah subhaanahu wa ta’alaa is going to remove you from your opportunities for ‘ibaadah. I remember crying when I first saw a hadiith after my arrest. I did not cry due to its meaning, but simply due to its existence, that it was in front of me and I could read it. Do not wait until you are deprived of something to fall in love with it.

Many people take pride in their procrastination. When it is mentioned about them they smile. Subhaan-Allaah, how can someone smile when they are procrastinating with regard to entering Jannah? Do not learn to hate your delaying only when you are delayed in entering Jannah. Do not learn to hate procrastination on a day when the mother will abandon her child. You are nothing more than time, and every moment that passes you is a piece of you which you will never get back. Make haste to righteousness. Make haste to that which is good. Set your gaze on Paradise and never let it go astray.

Was-salaamu ‘alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuhu,

Abu Talhah