Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Mustalahul Hadeeth & Hanafi Fiqh Class with Abu Mus'ab Tuesday from 7:30PM GMT (8:30pm BST) skype: ummahradio Show Details here. - And here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

لا اله الا الله محمد رسول

How women pray salah???

The title says it all how should a women pray her salah, i know the differance of the opinion but what is the right way and could you provide evidence,
    I don't know which way to pray please help

For those that says women salah differs from men could you provide hadiths confirming this please and also when going in sujood are the elbow meant to touch the ground or not?

I am aware that there are hadith that state 7 bones should only touch the ground during sujood and when in sujood the elbows must not touch the ground like a dog but i was told this only applied to men as Nabi saw was speaking to me at that time.

for those that says there is no different, when in salah men can place their hands on their stmach or chest and women can only place her hand on chest why is that the case if there no different in how men and women pray?

Please help and reply

Pray how the Prophet pbuh prayed

Re: How women pray salah???

please use the search engine, it has been discussed before; no need to start it all again, be a man and not argue to harm your imaan.
    Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
    فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Quote Originally Posted by IbnulQayyim View Post
    please use the search engine, it has been discussed before; no need to start it all again, be a man and not argue to harm your imaan.
    she need an answer brother.... why make her loose her confidence on ummah.com?

even for me, the reason i came here was my trust.. and when i got good responses and answers on which i could discuss and gain more information, i decided to stay here

and let me tell and thanks all UMMAH.COM for it developed an interest inside my heart and i also started reading bukhari shareef/ sahi bukhari
    Last edited by munnibhai; 27-08-11 at 05:06 PM. Reason: room lights are off and need to correct spellings
    Tere Hoondyan Soondyan Wey Mehbooba
    Main Kafir Howan Jay Main Howan...

no one said she isn't getting help..she can use the search engine and she shall get her answers.

nothing wrong in searching, after her genuine search, if she cannot find it then i may post the sayings of our contemporary scholars on this. I am sure one can find this topic if one searches properly.

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
    فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

no one said she isn't getting help..she can use the search engine and she shall get her answers.

nothing wrong in searching, after her genuine search, if she cannot find it then i may post the sayings of our contemporary scholars on this. I am sure one can find this topic if one searches properly.
    agreed with this logical answer of yours :P

catch me if u can ..... shikran's Avatar

according to hanfi fiqh..

plz read ths

Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.
    وَقَالَ رَبُّكُمُ ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ

so am i right in thinking that for the women it's true the elbows should not touch the ground in sujood but the tighs should touch the stomach?

how come some muslim follow different opinion? i mean how can they decide which is the rigth way to follow and which is not i am highly concerned over this i feel like leaving the prayer incase i am praying wrong but then again that whisper from the shytaan

look for the most authentic resources which are also quoted or attested by multiple ulamas and the ones which are similar or have least factor of difference in 4 Imams

also try to read sahi bukhari if possible for you...!

so brother what would you say pray as the men do or differently?

Quote Originally Posted by khushbu View Post
    so am i right in thinking that for the women it's true the elbows should not touch the ground in sujood but the tighs should touch the stomach?

how come some muslim follow different opinion? i mean how can they decide which is the rigth way to follow and which is not i am highly concerned over this i feel like leaving the prayer incase i am praying wrong but then again that whisper from the shytaan
    one of the valid views is that women's elbow should touch the ground whereas men's should not.

Troll Hunter Supreme Saif-Uddin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by .mirror. View Post
    Wa alaikum Salam Warahmatullah,

been thinking about this bro,

I couldn't find any Ahadith which says Women should have different postures, or that the Ummul Mu'mineen prayed with different posters than how the Rasul prayed ...

so that means the Postures that Men have during Salah, including the way they bend their right foot over their left is exactly how the Women should do right, because the Hanafi way is not like how the Nabi prayed?

How is it Valid for the Women to have different postures sitting down than the Men when the Rasul said "pray as you have seen me pray"?

I'd like to know what Evidence Imam Hanifa (ra) based the difference upon ...

Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 28-08-11 at 03:25 PM.
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"O followers of Muhammad! By Allah, if you knew what I know, you would weep much and laugh little."

[Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol. 8, Hadith no. 627]

May Allah ta'ala join our beloved akhi Uncle-Umar (may Allah ta'ala have mercy upon him) with the Shuhada and grant him the Highest station in Jannatul Firdaus

Ameen

https://www.justgiving.com/FoodTruckForSyria/

Elbow should, like in the video.

See the video
    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by RazielTemp View Post
    Wa alaikum Salam Warahmatullah,

been thinking about this bro,

I couldn't find any Ahadith which says Women should have different postures, or that the Ummul Mu'mineen prayed with different posters than how the Rasul prayed ...

so that means the Postures that Men have during Salah, including the way they bend their right foot over their left is exactly how the Women should do right, because the Hanafi way is not like how the Nabi prayed?

How is it Valid for the Women to have different postures sitting down than the Men when the Rasul said "pray as you have seen me pray"?

I'd like to know what Evidence Imam Hanifa (ra) based the difference upon ...

↑Bro, there are some hadiths provided in the link.

Also, check out this:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/32015372/Back-2-Basics

Around page 101.

Odan

Asalamu Alaikum,

There seems to be a difference of opinion.

like munnibhai stated it is important to find the authentic resources. Obviously we cant do that so we look at what some of the Scholars(present and classical) have said about these hadiths. The opinion that I found and follow is that men and women pray the same. When I was reading up on this the Scholars argued that the hadith that state otherwise were weak due to some of the narrators.

Wallahu Aalim

what are the 4 imams opinion over this?

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

Some stuff to consider:

Yazīd Bin Abī Habīb reports that the Prophet passed by two women who were praying Salah. He said, "When you prostrate, let part of your body cling to the earth, for women are unlike men in this regard." [1]

Hasan al-Basrī: "A woman should pull herself close together in sujud." [2]

Imām Bayhaqī: "All of the laws of Salah in which a woman differs from a man is based on the principle of satr [concealment]. This means that a woman is instructed to do all that which is more concealing for her. The following chapters of Hadīth explain this meaning in detail." [3]

[2] al-Musannaf of Ibn Abī Shaybah.

[3] Bayhaqī, 2/314.

Some other links:

http://www.central-mosque.com/fiqh/womdiff.htm
    http://www.central-mosque.com/fiqh/salahwoman.htm

Also, Shaykh Riyādh al-Haqq in his book of Salāh of a Believer has dedicated an entire chapter on this. It may only be the Hanafī perspective.

Just learn to tolerate each other.

جزاكم الله خيرا
    والسلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

read this;

http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/9276

and this...

http://www.central-mosque.com/fiqh/womdiff.htm

I'm alittle confused, the top one says men and women should pray the same.
    the bottom one says the opposite.

Both state hadiths etc, Someone draw a conclusion.
    Last edited by DarkChocolate; 29-08-11 at 04:51 AM.
    Allah is compassionate and He loves compassion in all things. [Hadith]

Also, check out this:

Around page 101.
    bro I'll check them out ...

"O followers of Muhammad! By Allah, if you knew what I know, you would weep much and laugh little."

May Allah ta'ala join our beloved akhi Uncle-Umar (may Allah ta'ala have mercy upon him) with the Shuhada and grant him the Highest station in Jannatul Firdaus

Ameen

Account Disabled

so brother what would you say pray as the men do or differently?

Watch This Video>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQrUX5qzInQ

Odan

Wait, so women's elbows have to touch the ground? I was taught they're not allowed to :s

Also, check out this:

Around page 101.
    The Ahadith stating that Women should pray differently are all weak/daef akhi ...

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62720

Men and Women should pray as the Rasul prayed, he did not make any distinctive postural differences in their Salaah ...

also the reasons for concealment is self defeating as is stated in this website,

Ameen

This should answer your Questions
    Differences in salah between men and women
    Good link, interesting read.
    If you were in the clouds, Allah would raise us to you or lower you to us for battle.

said this to the Byzantine troops when they retreated from the battle field to the fortified town of Chalcis.

- Khalid ibn Walid

Quote Originally Posted by RazielTemp View Post
    The Ahadith stating that Women should pray differently are all weak/daef akhi ...

http://www.turntoislam.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62720

Men and Women should pray as the Rasul prayed, he did not make any distinctive postural differences in their Salaah ...

also the reasons for concealment is self defeating as is stated in this website,

Not sure, bro.

I guess, better to follow the ruling of Imam Abu Hanifa (RA) and the scholars, since we can't grade hadiths or interpret them.

Not sure, bro.

I guess, better to follow the ruling of Imam Abu Hanifa (RA) and the scholars, since we can't grade hadiths or interpret them.
    in the hanafi madhhab with regards to women praying differently is not weak i suppose, wallahu a'lam, refer to shaykh riyadhs book called salah of the believer.

in the hanafi madhhab with regards to women praying differently is not weak i suppose, wallahu a'lam, refer to shaykh riyadhs book called salah of the believer.
    Yeah, I got that one. You sent it to me. Lol.