Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

LIVE QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS with Abu Mus'ab Thursday 24th April 2014 @ 8:30PM GMT skype: ummahradio Show Details here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Note: All classes are still on the old times of GMT, not GMT +1 a.k.a. BST, with the exception of the Tafseer Class, for that will be done at 7:30pm GMT, or 6:30pm GMT+1/BST

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mina Map PDF Format

I have managed to get this map on by further reducing the quality/size of map. The numbers highlighted are the street numbers and are written parallel to the street they belong to. You will see in Mina on the sign boards you will have street no. and street name on the sign boards (so numbers will do the job as I didn't want to put too much with my messy hand writting on the map ).

Where letter 'H' has been put in, this indicates the presence of some sort of medical facility. Although I am not sure what kind of facility it is i.e. a hospital or just a small clinic etc.

Rest from Muzdalifah and Haram it is relatively easy to get to Mina as the pedestrian routes are all well signed. Its the valley of tents where everything is similar and most of the time during Hajj is spent that we struggle.

Hope this will help Insha Allah while you are their. Don't forget me in your duas and I might bump into one of you there. May Allah accept our intentions for Hajj and accept our Hajj and reward us with Jannah. Ameen.

Mina Map.PDF

Re: Mina Map PDF Format

Send me an email please.
    isimjee@btinternet.com

I will attach a couple of interesting materials to you InshaAllah.

I have sent you an email. Thanks

Jazakallah Khairan.

I have sent you some maps.

Umm Al Shifaa
    Guests

If I send you an email,could u send me some maps too?

Jzk for the person starting thread, usefull map

Yes no problem.

there are some maps of mina and arafat and some very good information about the madinah airport on this website,

its actually al-montada trusts hajj program for 2011

if your maps of mina etc are better please can you e-mail them to me aswel. thanks

http://www.almuntadatrust.org/travel/image/hajj%20program.pdf

Umm Al Shifaa
    Guests

pls send usefull maps for hajj to ummabdulfattaah@gmail.com

BarakAllahufeekum

jzk oldham

I have sent maps to you.

Mina Map.PDF

For everybodys benefit I re-attach the map. The hand written numbers are the street numbers and belongs to the street parallel to these numbers. Hope it will help you guys in Mina.

Umm Al Shifaa
    Guests

JazakAllah I received your email with the maps.

I want to delete my emailadress,but cant seem to do so ...

Once again JazakAllahu Khairan Jazaa

I cant help you on this one but in future if you want to give email or other personnel info you do not want to share with every forum member then you should send a private message to that person only who you want to share info with.

I have sent you a private message with my email.

Pls email me the maps.

JazakAllah Khair

If you scroll up and look at my previous posts, I have attached the map in PDF format which you can download. Any problem then let me know.

Jazak Allah

thanks brother

Quote Originally Posted by Ismail Simjee View Post
    Send me an email please.
    isimjee@btinternet.com

I will attach a couple of interesting materials to you InshaAllah.
    Brother Ismail, do you have any maps that clearly show the tent numbers?

Quote Originally Posted by ummHanni View Post
    Brother Ismail, do you have any maps that clearly show the tent numbers?
    Unfortunately, no. Tents dont have numbers. The site have numbers put on the light posts and on specific posts.

However, that will not be too much of help as the Mutawwif/Maktab numbers are never permanent and change every year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ismail Simjee View Post
    Unfortunately, no. Tents dont have numbers. The site have numbers put on the light posts and on specific posts.

However, that will not be too much of help as the Mutawwif/Maktab numbers are never permanent and change every year.
    JazakAllah for replying brother Ismail. Do you mind explaining the terminology a little?

What is a Mutawwif?

What is a maktab?

So the map in this picture with numbers on will change every year? Does the structure of the road/tents change or just the numbers?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alienated/106762433/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/alienat...2423/lightbox/

The structure of tents/streets does not change.

Maktab is a group of tents (every maktab will have a certain no. i.e. 41A, 41B, etc.) and this number could be different from one it possessed last year. In each maktab there will be more than one tent and hence more than one group staying (not necessarily from same country).

So the maktab no. could change but I believe the street no. will remain same. The map I have attached has got street no. which will remain same.

Another way to explain is lets say in UK we have streets and each street has got numerous houses. Street no. and their layout remains same. Each house is a maktab and the house no./maktab no. could be different every year. Each room in the house (ofcourse we assume is only single story) represents a tent inside the maktab/house and hence there will be number of tents in each maktab/house. So in a way one maktab housing various different groups.

Uncle Simjee will add more info and if I am incorrect then will make correction as well.

But I believe the map will still be of help as street no. and their layout remains unchanged.

Quote Originally Posted by jer54r54 View Post
    The structure of tents/streets does not change.

Maktab is a group of tents (every maktab will have a certain no. i.e. 41A, 41B, etc.) and this number could be different from one it possessed last year. In each maktab there will be more than one tent and hence more than one group staying (not necessarily from same country).

So the maktab no. could change but I believe the street no. will remain same. The map I have attached has got street no. which will remain same.

Another way to explain is lets say in UK we have streets and each street has got numerous houses. Street no. and their layout remains same. Each house is a maktab and the house no./maktab no. could be different every year. Each room in the house (ofcourse we assume is only single story) represents a tent inside the maktab/house and hence there will be number of tents in each maktab/house. So in a way one maktab housing various different groups.

Uncle Simjee will add more info and if I am incorrect then will make correction as well.

But I believe the map will still be of help as street no. and their layout remains unchanged.
    JazakAllah for the detailed explanation and your help. If you or anyone else has maps could you please let me know. JazakAllah.

Do you know if there are plans for expansion in Mina or does it usually remain the same?

If you scroll up and look into one of my previous posts (post no. 1 & 10) you will find a copy of map attached named "Mina Map.PDF"

Quote Originally Posted by ummHanni View Post
    JazakAllah for the detailed explanation and your help. If you or anyone else has maps could you please let me know. JazakAllah.

Do you know if there are plans for expansion in Mina or does it usually remain the same?
    jer54r54 have given an excellent explanation, MashaAllah.

OK, let me try and do that a bit more.

The word "maktab" comes from "kitab". It means an "office". Mutawwif is from "tawaf". Going round. Here, mutawwif means the person charged with going around with the responsibility of the number of hujjajs assigned to him and the "maktab" is his office. As there are thousands of mutawwifs they are divided into around six zones of the world from which the pilgrims come to Makkah.

The six zonal centres are known as "Field Services Establishments" or "National Tawafa Establishments". They are:
    a) The Arabian countries. b) The South Asia c) The Far East Asia d) The Africa (non Arabic) e) Iran f) Muslim Europa and Turkiyya

The campsites in Mina, Arafah and Muzdalifa are, accordingly, carved out in six zones and allocated to these six "establishments".

Further, there are two extra sites at smaller scale allocated to a) Private holders b) Guests of Royal and top ranking business families.

Lets start with Muslim Europa and Turkiyya.

Turkiyya (exclusively for Turkey) is further separated from Muslim Europa mainly because their particular manasek is somewhat different from others. The Turks go straight to Arafah from Makkah for Haj unlike all others who go to Mina on 8th Zul Haj. They then stay just one day in Mina on 10th Z Haj and return back to Makkah. They also arrive under just a few handful of groups such as "Diyana" or "Milli Guru" who, between them two alone, bring around 50,000 pilgrims. In total there are around 150,000 Turks performing Haj annually.

We, from UK, number just around 19,000 to 21,000.

Muslim Europa is responsible for pilgrims from the whole of Europe, North and South America, Australia, New Zealand and a few large islands in the Pacific ocean zone. The total number of pilgrims are slightly more than the total from Turkey alone.

Muslim Europa is divided up into Maktabs each of which would handle around 5,000 pilgrims. Each Maktab is headed by a Mutawwif. From this year a mutawwif is appointed on the basis of his bidding for the offices available in Mina. The higher his bid the stronger is his appointment chances. As I said earlier, each office takes around 5,000 pilgrims.

All of muslim Europa is located at the outer verge of Mina bordering Muzdalifa. The costliest office is the one closest to Malik Abdul Aziz flyover and the cheapest being inside Muzdalifa. This cost is passed on to the haj groups who than pass it on to pilgrims.

It is compulsory, from this year, to take extra services from the Mutawwif and the level of service reflect extra charges. Your haj group may not offer you any facility which will mean you will be inside muzdalifa and no guarantee of a sleeping space in the tent and no food and that you will be the last to leave for Mina from Makkah/Azizia, the last to leave for Arafah, the last to leave from Arafah to Muzdalifa and the last to leave muzdalifa back to Mina.

Full service from mutawwif will mean guaranteed sleeping space inside the tents, round the clock drinking water supply and tea or soft drinks, sofa beds, mattress in Arafah and air-conditioned tents in Arafah and full board meals during the 5 days of haj. You will have to pay for that under "VIP facility in Mina" banner advertised by your haj group including me.

Right, back to Mina tents.

Your Maktab will have numbers such as 30 or 40 or 35A or 41B etc. This is variable and change every year. However, the street number in Mina and the specific campsites, posted on poles, remain permanent.

There is no expansion of Mina campsites planned simply because it cannot be expanded due to the boundaries being specified by our Nabi.

The only expansion possible is Muzdalifa sites by cutting/dynamiting the mountains in that area.

Your camps in Mina. It will definitely have two entry points, one in front and one in the back. The campsite is criss crossed with narrow alleys. Each alley has a number. Each tent has a number. Each tent's capacity is to accommodate 12 pilgrims. However, because no group can be smaller than 150 pilgrims, your group leader opens up the individual tent and makes it larger leaving a partition between brothers and sister's tents.

A good haj group also places small banners everywhere in the campsite as a guide to his pilgrims to find their way to their tents as losing yourself, in there, is easy due to uniformity of the campsite and criss crossing alleys.

Your haj group may also have large banners on the outside fencing/railings of the campsites. You will need to familiarise yourself with your camps in the following way:

a) The PDF map available from your mutawwif (if is the big word) or from JER54 here on this forum.
    b) The closeness to the King Abdul Aziz flyover or the Mawasim Tunnel leading to the slaughter houses or the Muzdalifa/Mina boundary signs.
    c) The sign post,on the poles, identifying the campsite's location.
    d) The Mutawwif number on the gates.
    e) A civil defense office on the street or nearby.
    f) A government clinic on the street or nearby.
    g) The square where shops are located.
    h) Masjid e Kuwaiti on the King Abdul Aziz flyover.
    i) The first of the two sets of tunnels leading to Jamaraat.

I trust this clarifies.

Umm Al Shifaa
    Guests

Will the hajj companies already know now where they are located, or is it only once u get there?

All licensed haj groups are obliged to contract with a chosen Mutawwif. Those who have obtained their barcodes are the ones who have contracted and will know their specific Maktab number and location.

Those still in Makkah awaiting completion of their contract also know which maktab has been authorised.

These are not issues which should concern you. So concentrate on your programme rather than the cemantics of Mina and campsites as all professional/efficient group leaders will take care of that worry for you and keep you fully informed on the logistics of accessing your campsites InshaAllah.

Account Disabled

It is compulsory, from this year, to take extra services from the Mutawwif and the level of service reflect extra charges. Your haj group may not offer you any facility which will mean you will be inside muzdalifa and no guarantee of a sleeping space in the tent and no food and that you will be the last to leave for Mina from Makkah/Azizia, the last to leave for Arafah, the last to leave from Arafah to Muzdalifa and the last to leave muzdalifa back to Mina.
    Jazhakhallah for this info.

Does that mean those hajj groups with no food in Mina have the most basic/cheapest tents?

I wondered about this as I thought food during hajj days was provided by The authority?

Umm Al Shifaa
    Guests

Just wondering, jazaakallah for info

Quote Originally Posted by flashnazia View Post
    Jazhakhallah for this info.

Does that mean those hajj groups with no food in Mina have the most basic/cheapest tents?

I wondered about this as I thought food during hajj days was provided by The authority?
    Some food is distributed by philanthropers but rarely does that reach Europa camps. Food outlets are there for you to buy your own if it is not provided by your group or facilitated by the Maktab.

Provision of food has no bearing on the quality of your camps as all camps are uniform. The difference being a "guarantee" of sleeping space inside if the Mutawwif's service is bought. Otherwise, er..struggle.

Regarding food, when a group says they will provide food during the days of hajj, does that mean that if the saudi authorities allow food to come in or if the 'muallim' provides for it? Are there any restrictions on groups for providing food?
    As a side questiosn, will maktab A be situated inside or outside the boundary??
    JazakAllah

Please send me useful material at jawwad.farooq@gmail.com

Asak,
    Can any one send me map and other related details of mina and haj as I am planning for haj this year 2012 ,
    Email leatherworldind@gmail.com
    Jazakallah
    Muddassir

Sir Mina Map. PDF is not opening. How can i open it. I have serious need of it.

email me and I will try to send you the copies I have.

isimjee@btinternet.com

Guys I will Insha Allah update the original map and upload again on this forum on Friday

VIP MEMBER

Is that map up to date? need one in a rush

Quote Originally Posted by armed lawyer View Post
    Is that map up to date? need one in a rush
    I have uploaded updated maps in the other thread titled "Hujajj: Don't Forget to take Mina Map".

Please check that thread

VIP MEMBER

Quote Originally Posted by jer54r54 View Post
    I have uploaded updated maps in the other thread titled "Hujajj: Don't Forget to take Mina Map".

Please check that thread

Assalamualikum,
    Please send me map on lotiyanasirhusen@yahoo.com
    Jazakallah Khairan.

Quote Originally Posted by Nasir Lotiya View Post
    Assalamualikum,
    Please send me map on lotiyanasirhusen@yahoo.com
    Jazakallah Khairan.

Please check that thread and they are available to be downloaded.

Could you please tell me how to find the thread with Mina maps

Salaam, please could you send me the map. My address is hussain_ahmad786@hotmail.com. JazakAllah