Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Thread: Pir in islam

Question Pir in islam

Salaam u alaikum

A very good friend of mine were having a discussion and he was arguing that believing in good "Pir" and to a limit is halal. Not the ones who ask for money etc. I would like to know if this is true. What are your opinions on this? Thank you

Account Disabled

Re: Pir in islam

There's nowt wrong with Piri Piri sauce. Make sure you check the ingredients of the sauce do not go against the Quran and Sunnah. If they do then chuck it out with the garbage.

Do you mean beliveing that if they make duaa for you it's more likely to be accepted?

Please give me the reply for if I say yes and no lol

Depends on what he is doing, I guess. Some do really crazy shirk-related stuff, using astrology/stars and things like that.

Dabba Peer.
    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.
    وَقَالَ رَبُّكُمُ ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ

Quote Originally Posted by x--x View Post
    Do you mean beliveing that if they make duaa for you it's more likely to be accepted?
    Please give me thw reply for if I say yes and no lol

Pir or Wali-Ullah ... Wali means friend, so if they are true, they are friends of Allah.

about Hazrat Awais Qarni (Rhmt.Alh), Hazrat Muhammad (S.A.W.W) said,

"there is one man, if he swears to Allah about anything, Allah will make it true"

Hazrat Awais Qarni (Rhmt.Alh) was from Yemen. He could not see Hazrat Muhammad (S.A.W.W) because His mother was very ill and he could not leave her alone, and Hazrat Muhamamd (S.A.W.W) said that He could smell the scent of His friend.

Allah befriend those people who are unknown to everyone. Hazrat Muhammad (S.A.W.W) said about Him that no doubt no one known him in this world, but he is very famous in the skies.

Now there are some types of believe, in which sense one believe pir? If one thinks that pir is everything and seek from pir what we must seek from Allah, that is wrong. because Allah is ultimate Power. If you believe on pir that he is a noble man and it gives you motivation of becoming more strong in Eemaan, then it is ok.

I dont know much more about these things..... but i tried to tell you what i knew at my best. Allah knows everything.

Wsalam
    Tere Hoondyan Soondyan Wey Mehbooba
    Main Kafir Howan Jay Main Howan...

In pakistan , pirs are nothing but fake ... heck i even know a pir that doesnt pray cause he has some 'spritual superiority'

When you use the word He, are you saying there is only one of these people to ever exist? or can there be many of them? jazak'allah

pir is just a nonsense from the culture of the mushrikeen.
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Pir pressure.

It can get to people.
    'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/

Quote Originally Posted by h.k View Post
    Salaam u alaikum

A very good friend of mine were having a discussion and he was arguing that believing in good "Pir" and to a limit is halal. Not the ones who ask for money etc. I would like to know if this is true. What are your opinions on this? Thank you
    Wa'laykum Salam.
    Please see this article for a balanced understanding of the issue:

http://drabutamim.blogspot.com/2011/07/need-for-shaykh.html

Depends , there are Genuine Awliyaa and Saaliheen and their are fake ones .

You will know them by a simple trait , that they never say I am Waliy .

Quote Originally Posted by h.k View Post
    Salaam u alaikum

A very good friend of mine were having a discussion and he was arguing that believing in good "Pir" and to a limit is halal.
    If the Pir is a Vulcan then he's ok, otherwise he isnae
    Logic is the cement of our civilisation, with which we ascend from chaos, using reason and faith in Allah as our guide.

Quote Originally Posted by munnibhai View Post
    Pir or Wali-Ullah ... Wali means friend, so if they are true, they are friends of Allah.

about Hazrat Awais Qarni (Rhmt.Alh), Hazrat Muhammad (S.A.W.W) said,

"there is one man, if he swears to Allah about anything, Allah will make it true"

Hazrat Awais Qarni (Rhmt.Alh) was from Yemen. He could not see Hazrat Muhammad (S.A.W.W) because His mother was very ill and he could not leave her alone, and Hazrat Muhamamd (S.A.W.W) said that He could smell the scent of His friend.

Allah befriend those people who are unknown to everyone. Hazrat Muhammad (S.A.W.W) said about Him that no doubt no one known him in this world, but he is very famous in the skies.

Now there are some types of believe, in which sense one believe pir? If one thinks that pir is everything and seek from pir what we must seek from Allah, that is wrong. because Allah is ultimate Power. If you believe on pir that he is a noble man and it gives you motivation of becoming more strong in Eemaan, then it is ok.

I dont know much more about these things..... but i tried to tell you what i knew at my best. Allah knows everything.

Wsalam
    When you attribute something to the Messenger (saw) of Allah (swt) you better have sources to back it up.
    "And remind, for indeed, the reminder benefits the believers"(51:55)

The Snake and Malik ibn Dinar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOfrNtDw5Yc

Quote Originally Posted by LondoMollari View Post
    what's a vulcan?

Watch out for those pirs who think the shairah doesnt apply to them, like they themselves dont pray,fast etc and they tell their students to not pray as well.

You find many of these are pakistani/indian.
    The life of the heart is knowledge; so preserve it,
    The death of the heart is ignorance; so avoid it.
    Your best provision is true devotion; so provide it.
    This advice of mine is enough for you; so heed it.
    –Imam Al Ghazali

Quote Originally Posted by abu_tamim View Post
    what's a vulcan?
    click here
    Logic is the cement of our civilisation, with which we ascend from chaos, using reason and faith in Allah as our guide.

SubhanAllah whenever i read anything to do with this stuff the first thing that comes to mind is the leader of the naqshabandi sufi order and the disturbing stuff on his website http://www.sheiknazim.com/

So sad to think that so many people are misguided by these people and strive to attain the pleasure of their shaykhs and his awliyah squad rather then seek to strive the pleasure of Allah azz wa jall. depressing.

There are good Huffaaz and corrupt Huffaaz.

There are good Ulama and corrupt Ulama.

There are good Peers and corrupt Peers.

If you find a Righteous Peer then cling to him because his company is better than gold.
    Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Quote Originally Posted by LondoMollari View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by abu_tamim View Post
    what's a vulcan?
    I know what a vulcan is, what is a pir?

yes I've heard the term enough times, but what actually is one? What do they do that ordinary Muslims can't do for themselves?

Quote Originally Posted by dhakiyya View Post

yes I've heard the term enough times, but what actually is one? What do they do that ordinary Muslims can't do for themselves?
    they make better halwa than any1 else in the world without touching any of the ingredients.

Quote Originally Posted by dhakiyya View Post

A Pir supposedly has a "Special Relationship" with Allah s.w.t. which exceeds those of ordinary Muslims, but sadly a large percentage of them are con-artists.

As for the rest, well, if ye're pious enough and pay attention to all the Sunnahs and Hadiths the you can be a Pir too!

Quote Originally Posted by shamson View Post
    SubhanAllah whenever i read anything to do with this stuff the first thing that comes to mind is the leader of the naqshabandi sufi order and the disturbing stuff on his website http://www.sheiknazim.com/

So sad to think that so many people are misguided by these people and strive to attain the pleasure of their shaykhs and his awliyah squad rather then seek to strive the pleasure of Allah azz wa jall. depressing.
    This guy has apparently transported people to different galaxies

A real awliyah of Allah(swt) wouldnt be dropping leaflets and making money out of it and infact hardly any1 would know him. He wouldnt act special infront of any1 like the so called 'saints' nowadays do with all their mureeds flocking to their spots and chanting dhikr as loudly as they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Medievalist View Post
    There are good Huffaaz and corrupt Huffaaz.

There are good Ulama and corrupt Ulama.

There are good Peers and corrupt Peers.

If you find a Righteous Peer then cling to him because his company is better than gold.
    Best comment so far, unlike some making fun of peers or calling peers to be from the mushrikeen.
    It's the month of Ramadan. Please answer to the point instead of sarcastic remarks.

User h.k. -

If you are referring to having a Shaykh in Tasawwuf, then this is permissible. For more information please watch fadeelat ash-shaykh, Mufti Muhammad Ibn Adam al-Kawthari's video about this.

Wassalam Alaykum.
    Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
    فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

Quote Originally Posted by x--x View Post
    This guy has apparently transported people to different galaxies
    Yeh i know, I would have found it funny too but a very close friend of mine believes in all that rubbish and we had a massive fall out over it subhanAllah. So anything to do with this stuff upsets me even more than usual!

Don't understand how how how it is that people can read some of the sheer kufr, shirk associated with these peoples speech and actions and fall for it. So upsetting.......