Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

::eek:: What do Muslims honestly think of the West?

I have been having a discussion on another part on the forum and feel upset and uncomfortable.
    So i wanna know what do Muslims honestly think of Europeans and the West(tbh don't really care about Americans)?

www.searching-islam.com Perseveranze's Avatar

Re: What do Muslims honestly think of the West?

Nothing less then what we think of some of our own Muslim countries and their corrupt leaders.

But given recent times, I think Muslims that live in the west atleast feel provoked, due to Islamaphobia, groups like EDL/BNP don't help and when the Niqaab is banned, you think what's next, "their going to put camera's in mosques"? Then you have Geert Wilders, who is basically telling people to ban the Quran and other politicians who say ban the Mosques lol...

People living in the Muslim countries, now they probably dislike the west for reasons such as;

Afghanistan invasion
    Iraq invasion
    Pakistan drone bombing
    Yemen Drone Bombing
    Russian oppression on Chechnyan's
    Isreal's oppression on Palastine (and the west pretty much supporting Isreal).
    etc.

But like, No one hates the west for no reason. At the very least, in the west Muslims are able to practice the very basics of their faiths, which is more then what can be said for some middle eastern countries/China, where people can't even do that.

Westerners think Muslims are trying to take over (lol i know), and because of this thought, Muslims are facing alot of bigotry, discrimination. Times look tough ahead if I'm honest.

One thing is fact atleast; far more westerners hate Muslims for stupid reasons than the other way around.
    Last edited by Perseveranze; 25-07-11 at 04:17 PM.

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by Bevvie View Post
    I have been having a discussion on another part on the forum and feel upset and uncomfortable.
    So i wanna know what do Muslims honestly think of Europeans and the West(tbh don't really care about Americans)?
    I think you make a good fileto fish burgers, but subway sandwiches are crap. So yeh that's what I think of the West.

What do you feel upset about?

Quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze View Post
    What do you feel upset about?
    Its just the discussion was making out that we (I speak mainly for Ireland) hate muslims and want to destroy Islam.
    Like I understand the annoyance with the bombings, Iraq etc.
    But we aren't all bad, we don't all hate Islam, we don't all support Israel(actually every year more and more are turning out at protests in support of Palestine) and believe it or not most were against Iraq and afghanistan.
    We're not all evil white zionist kuffar devils hell bent on imposing christianity or whatever.
    I just feel so down that we are seen like that, and it makes me wonder what would be the point of converting if all i'd be is hated along with family and friends.

Its just the discussion was making out that we (I speak mainly for Ireland) hate muslims and want to destroy Islam.
    But we aren't all bad, we don't all hate Islam, we don't all support Israel(actually every year more and more are turning out at protests in support of Palestine) and believe it or not most were against Iraq and afghanistan.
    We're not all evil white zionist kuffar devils hell bent on imposing christianity or whatever.
    I just feel so down that we are seen like that, and it makes me wonder what would be the point of converting if all i'd be is hated along with family and friends.
    I think your very misunderstood. Firstly, I don't get why you have to throw in the word "white"? In Islam, there's no such thing as race, today were living in the first generation of white converts but a couple of decades from today, white Muslims will be just as populated as brown, black, arab Muslims are. Islam started in Arabia, now 80% of Muslims are Non-Arabs.

Secondly, if you look at the example of the Niqaab ban, it means there must've been some social pressure, meaning a good majority of the people must've been "for the banning of Niqaab". The french prime minister even discriminated against the Muslims saying "it supresses women", when the fact is it liberates them. I'm sure he must've had quite a suprise to see nearly all of the protesters against the Niqaab ban to be Muslim women.

Then you have these hate groups, like EDL/BNP which are growing in power, and you have Geert Wilders who keeps speaking about banning Quran/Mosques. I mean, they might be minority but their most certainly influencing people's opinions on Islam.

And what about the Media? What a huge role that's played in giving people negative perceptions on Islam. You know the Norway shooter, before it was known that he was a white Christian right wing extremists, most news reporters were concluding that it was a Muslim who did it. Read this - http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/07/the...erm-terrorism/

These examples are right in front of your eyes. I think the minority of people have no issues with Islam, and the Majority will say they do. That's just my opinion based on what I read and hear.

And were speaking generally here, not all westerners are labelled anti-Islamic. And some, who only get their info from the media, you can't really blame them can you? But in so many different articles and reports it's so clearly stated, the fastest growing religion in Europe is Islam and ironically enough, most misunderstood religion in Europe is Islam.

At the very least, try and put yourself in a Muslims shoes. Do you really think we've had it easy?
    Last edited by Perseveranze; 25-07-11 at 05:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze View Post
    I think your very misunderstood. Firstly, I don't get why you have to throw in the word "white"? In Islam, there's no such thing as race, today were living in the first generation of white converts but a couple of decades from today, white Muslims will be just as populated as brown, black, arab Muslims are. Islam started in Arabia, now 80% of Muslims are Non-Arabs.

Secondly, if you look at the example of the Niqaab ban, it means there must've been some social pressure, meaning a good majority of the people must've been "for the banning of Niqaab". The french prime minister even discriminated against the Muslims saying "it supresses women", when the fact is it liberates them. I'm sure he must've had quite a suprise to see nearly all of the protesters against the Niqaab ban to be Muslim women.

Then you have these hate groups, like EDL/BNP which are growing in power, and you have Geert Wilders who keeps speaking about banning Quran/Mosques. I mean, they might be minority but their most certainly influencing people's opinions on Islam.

And what about the Media? What a huge role that's played in giving people negative perceptions on Islam. You know the Norway shooter, before it was known that he was a white Christian right wing extremists, most news reporters were concluding that it was a Muslim who did it. Read this - http://www.loonwatch.com/2011/07/the...erm-terrorism/

These examples are right in front of your eyes. I think the minority of people have no issues with Islam, and the Majority will say they do. That's just my opinion based on what I read and hear.

And were speaking generally here, not all westerners are labelled anti-Islamic. And some, who only get their info from the media, you can't really blame them can you? But in so many different articles and reports it's so clearly stated, the fastest growing religion in Europe is Islam and ironically enough, most misunderstood religion in Europe is Islam.

At the very least, try and put yourself in a Muslims shoes. Do you really think we've had it easy?
    Firstly I'll retract the white statement. I apologise if I offended.
    I don't think ye've had it easy at all, far from it. More like a struggle.
    It makes me laugh, The police are rushing after muslim terrorists and not bothered at all by the far-right movements?
    A glaring double standard.
    I also don't see why the niqaab was banned as it wasn't being forced on non-muslims and those who wear it are doing it because they want to.

Quote Originally Posted by islam4u View Post
    I think you make a good fileto fish burgers, but subway sandwiches are crap. So yeh that's what I think of the West.
    Personally, I really miss the Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches.

I grew up in the west, though I've come back to live in my native country Bangladesh now. I've got many good friends, Muslim and non-Muslim, in the UK and the US.

I personally believe that the people of the west in general are misinformed and misguided in many ways in regards to Islam and us Muslims. 'Antagonized' is the word I would use. I've noticed that Muslim sentiment in Bangladesh - and there's a lot of us here - in regards to the west is heightened mainly because western countries are targeting Muslim countries. At the same time, the plight of Palestine continues to jangle the nerves here. Right now, I think we're living in a paranoid world. The people in the west are being force fed paranoia by the media. And the Muslims are paranoid about who America and the rest of the "keepers of the peace' are going to bomb next in order to 'liberate' them.

Need to make hijrah, ASAP.
    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.
    وَقَالَ رَبُّكُمُ ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ

Quote Originally Posted by .mirror. View Post
    ji maulana saab , jaisay aap ka hukum

Quote Originally Posted by noobz View Post
    Too much fitnah here and Islamophobia.
    Astaghfirullah.
    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.

شهيد إن شاء الله

wow i actuallly understood most of that.
    And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

What do i think of the west? ...

well tbh , i also blame the sheeple that blindly follow their leaders. What happened in bosnia? .. They were all loving people , muslims and non muslims. Then bullasovic came and started singing national songs and how they own the whole country and how muslims and this and that and all the sheeple believed him.

What happened? .. A GENOCIDE and the people were part of it.

So what do u think the muslims would think of the west that uses drones to bomb kids studying in schools and claim there were 'SUSPECTED' terrorists in it?

Quote Originally Posted by uncle umar View Post
    I think you're ready for the hijrah now, akhi.

What do i think of the west? ...

well tbh , i also blame the sheeple that blindly follow their leaders. What happened in bosnia? .. They were all loving people , muslims and non muslims. Then bullasovic came and started singing national songs and how they own the whole country and how muslims and this and that and all the sheeple believed him.

So what do u think the muslims would think of the west that uses drones to bomb kids studying in schools and claim there were 'SUSPECTED' terrorists in it?
    They're bombing cause our "Muslim" government allow them to bomb. Shame.

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by uncle umar View Post
    you've really converted now

What do i think about the average person on the street? Nothing, their human beings, in islam we are supposed to treat people with respect and kindness, be just in our dealings with them. This is regardless of race, religion etc. In particular, we are supposed to treat our neighbours very well. However, being non-muslim i won't agree with their beliefs and of course would want them to learn about islam and become muslim. But at the end of the day its up to them.

What i think about those in charge of these societies who order atrocities is totally different.
    Patience...

Human beings is what I think about them..

شهيد إن شاء الله

i feel that western vales are 2 faced and hipocritical.

i dislike all politicans. i dont trust anything they say, unless there is 100% undeniable proof to back up whatever they claim. to many times have they been caught in lies and scands. this goes for muslim politicans as well.

as for the common person, i judge them based on their merrits. if they are good people, then they are good. if they are bad, then they are bad.
    And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Account Disabled

What do i think of the west? ...well tbh , i also blame the sheeple that blindly follow their leaders. What happened in bosnia? .. They were all loving people , muslims and non muslims. Then bullasovic came and started singing national songs and how they own the whole country and how muslims and this and that and all the sheeple believed him.What happened? .. A GENOCIDE and the people were part of it.
    It was the West that took up arms and made war against the Serbs.

As for genocide, the Muslims of Pakistan committed genocide against the people of Bengal. Killed many millions of people, raped hundreds of thousands, and left corpses littering villages, roads and ponds.

Do you take very strong account of things that happen in the West and protest them passionately, but give unconditional passes for atrocities committed by Muslims, just because they are Muslim? Even when their victims are mostly Muslim?

yy

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by proton View Post

As for genocide, the Muslims of Pakistan committed genocide against the people of Bengal. Killed many millions of people, raped hundreds of thousands, and left corpses littering villages, roads and ponds.

Do you take very strong account of things that happen in the West and protest them passionately, but give unconditional passes for atrocities committed by Muslims, just because they are Muslim? Even when their victims are mostly Muslim?
    What about the Christian British regime in India that starved over 20 million people? Where is the reproach, condemnation or outrage over that? Were even half as many people killed in this in comparison? Or the British gov'ts handling of the partition of 47 where the death toll was up in the millions?

If you guys were muslim, it would solve alot of problems. Apart from that , its not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn Sina View Post
    What about the Christian British regime in India that starved over 20 million people? Where is the reproach, condemnation or outrage over that? Were even half as many people killed in this in comparison? Or the British gov'ts handling of the partition of 47 where the death toll was up in the millions?
    So you want to blame the British Colonial powers for their inability to control the monsoons ? Seriously no form of government can control El Nio events today or two hundred years ago.

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by byofrcs View Post
    So you want to blame the British Colonial powers for their inability to control the monsoons ? Seriously no form of government can control El Nio events today or two hundred years ago.
    no, their decision to starve the people of india while they feed their little island

again you're playing games, it was a result of their policies leading to the deaths of over 20 million since the beginning of their rule

next there will be claims that the british can't help it if boer women and children were killed in their concentration camps
    Last edited by Ibn Sina; 25-07-11 at 10:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by .mirror. View Post
    I agree!

no, their decision to starve the people of india while they feed their little island

again you're playing games, it was a result of their policies leading to the deaths of over 20 million since the beginning of their rule

next there will be claims that the british can't help it if boer women and children were killed in their concentration camps
    Can you put a date on these famines ?

I like fish and chips, I like the land that Allah has created and the seasons...other than that can't think of much else.

Quote Originally Posted by proton View Post

Islamic republic of pakistan? ... trust me that is an oxymoron statement. I openly speak against my own country cause justice isnt limited to nationality. U thought i would side with pakistan jz cause i was a paki myself? thats quite shallow of u.

EPIC FAIL BTW

And the west only helped cause they saw the war spreading to europe to NATO had to do something to save their butts and prevent another world war.

Needs more Christianity. a lot more.

Quote Originally Posted by fatjax View Post
    Needs more Islam. a lot more.
    Fix'd!

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by byofrcs View Post
    Can you put a date on these famines ?
    1837–38

there are literally tons of them and nearly every single one was directly due to the British starving the native population to feed their rotten island

Refer to the work of Mike Davis entitled Late Victorian Holocausts

It was concluded that 30-60 million over the globe were killed from starvation simply due to euro imperialism

Hypocritical imperialists. They love to tell Muslims to stop coming to their countries and return to theirs, and yet, they are continuously attacking Muslim countries and plundering their resources, all under the false pretenses of "spreading liberty and democracy" and "liberation".

If Western countries offered to never interfere or intervene in the affairs Muslim countries provided that Muslims leaves their countries in return, you'd be surprised how many Muslims would gladly leave.

Account Disabled

amazing how you find traces of euro imperialism and colonialism on every continent on earth yet Muslims were the "murderous conquerors spreading Islam by the sword"

they place their puppets in Muslim countries and then point fingers exclaiming "oh look at what your Islamic nations are doing!"

What do Muslims think of the west ?

For several centuries they attacked both Muslim and Non-Muslim Lands across Asia , Africa and Latin America , killed millions of Natives , stole their wealth and colonized them and forced their lifestyle and beliefs on many of them .

And this continues to this day from the back door through the western Puppets ruling Muslim Lands as well as other Non-Muslim Lands .

What is the solution ?

Inshallah Muslims will conquer Rome . Rome could mean the whole of Europe as a century ago Rome was identified as the capital of Europe .

This could be through increased Muslim population against decline in native european population or through a major war .

Allahualam .
    Where there are no Ulemah(Scholars) there are many Muftis.

I
    deal System of Living for All Mankind .

Account Disabled

^ I heard that there was a hadith about conquering a "white house" too

Muslims are probably the only large group in the world today who still resist euroamericanism

Alisha Mohammed Islam Attiyah Abdul Hamid's Avatar

well of course theres more struggles & fitnaa here, but we think no less... (most of us) as we live here @ reverts mostly were brought up heree...

some people who have bad views about the west are the ones who dont live & dont understand what its like to live here lOl

they think its kuffar land "/ in all fairness
    ♥ ♥ Be mindful of Allaah, and Allaah will protect you. Be mindful of Allaah and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allaah; if you seek help. Seek help of Allaah. Know that if the nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allaah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allaah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried. ♥ ♥

http://www.theislamicemailcircle.com...anner-new5.jpg

* ~ Only those who are patient shall receive their reward in full, without reckoning. (39:10) ~ *

^ I heard that there was a hadith about conquering a "white house" too

Muslims are probably the only large group in the world today who still resist euroamericanism
    No idea about the white house .

The palace of the prophet - peace be upon him-&Dajal one-eyed when he'll see the masjed from outside almadinah.
    What will he say ???
    Dajjal will say from outside almadinah becouse he can't enter it, that's the white palace, that's the palace of Muhammad.

http://www.sunna.info/souwar/data/me...adina-0072.jpg
    from google earth.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_3FTO6EjRbe...,%2Bmedina.jpg
    Narrated Abdullah ibn Shafeeq who reported from Muhjin ibn Adraa who reported that the Prophet(saw) said, "The End/finish/khalaas day, and What do you know what the khalaas days is--the prophet repeats the same statement 3 times.Some one asked him, "what is the day of Khalaas?". The Prophet then answered, "The Dajjal will come and will climb and will see Madina and then he will say to his companions, "Do you see that White Palace?That is the Mosque of Ahmad--another name of Prophet Muhammad--", Afterwards the Dajjal will come to Madina but will find that by its each entrance there is an armed angel ( who would not allow him entry)......afterwards Madina will shake 3 times and there will not remain a hypocrite male or female nor will there remain a fasiq male or female who would not go out to the Dajjal (to join him), and that is the day of khalaas.(An authentic tradition reported with a sahih isnad reported by Sheikh Mustafa Adwi in his work Al-Fitan wal Malaahim wa Asraatus S'aa)
    During the time of the prophet the Masjidun Nabawi or the Mosque of Ahmad was very simple as it was built of mud bricks and had date leaves as its covering for the roof. It was just recently in our era that the Mosque of Prophet was expanded and was given a very grand and beautiful structure.
    Where there are no Ulemah(Scholars) there are many Muftis.

I
    deal System of Living for All Mankind .

This is the best post I have ever read, happy to find the forum.

Coach Jewelry
    discount coach outlet
    office 2010

Death to Americans! Freedom go to hell!

Just kidding. I like corndogs and cinema and Katy Perry.
    Dreams feel real while we're in them. It's only when we wake up do we realize something was actually strange.

bevvie, u need to understand that islam means submission to almighty God, if u beleive that there is no God but Allah the one who created the heavens and the earth and all it contains, and if you beleive in all the prophets and messengers of almighty God/Allah, including the final prophet Muhammad peace and blessings be upon him, and all of them amin, then that is what being a muslim is, accepting that God knows what is best for us, and living a rightous life and obeying God/Allah to the very best of your ability.

on the day of judgment, how you lived you life and your obedience to almighty God, is what will take u through to the next life, and how you lived your life hinges on whether our destination is heaven or eternal hellfire.

this is what u must base your choice on, not on what the people think of you, they are not your God, they cannnot assist you, it is almighty Allah who will be your protector and helper if you take a pledge and put your total trust in Him without any doubts.

if u are ready to do that then no matter what life throws at you, you will have the strength to get through it, and sucess will be yours eternally insha Allah ( God willing)

to become a muslim all you have to do is bear witness that there is no God but Allah and Muhammad is the messenger of Allah

in arabic we say as shadu an laa il la ha il Allah, wa ashadu ana muhammadan rasool Allah ( i bear witness there is no god but Allah, and i bear witness that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah)
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]