Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

View Poll Results: Do you discriminate against others ? "have racist thoughts"?

Voters
187. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am NOT a racist at all (I don`t see any race/color/nationality to be better than the other)

143 76.47%
  • I don’t think recognizing that some of us are of better races , colores is wrong since it` true

2 1.07%
  • I have racist thoughts (think of some groups to be inferior) + I am trying to change that

28 14.97%
  • I do believe am a racist + but I don`t really do anything to change that .

14 7.49%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Are (YOU) a racist ?

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله وبركاته

It`s not something surprising that racism is faced by lots of opposition worldwidely . Many times we refer to some people to be "racists" and it seems almost EVERYBODY complains about being discriminated against! If this is true and all of us are victims of racism , then WHO is responsible for it ?

Is it possible that "WE" ourselves are racists against certain groups but find that not really harming , while we magnify the issue of others being racists against us ?

My purpose of this thread is to make everyone of us think about him/her self and start changing himself/herself from within (if you discover you might be a racist), so all of us can purify our hearts and enjoy communities free of racism.

Have a nice day /night brothers and sisters .

Ps: Btw , no one can know what youranswer is , so relax and vote please
    Last edited by ~ Jumana ~; 08-06-11 at 11:35 AM.
    Jannah is my aim

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quoted
    922 Post(s)

Re: Are (YOU) a racist ?

Quote Originally Posted by SILURES View Post
    lol i have actually been hand feeding a new born lamb today with a babys bottle. true story.
    Aww mashAllah- show us a pic! Btw, do you have to put sheep's milk in the bottle or can it tolerate cow's milk as well?

ایک بار پکار کے تو دیکھو .mirror.'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3881 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sigh View Post
    I am not racist. I tell racist jokes, just as I tell hightist jokes, animal jokes or any other jokes. But that is where I draw the line. It just humour. I stereotype folk, too. I believe stereotyping is good for maintaining cultural/geographical identity. Also, I am well aware of the jokes about white Brits... Do I care? No, I tell them, too!
    Not permissible to make fun of other races.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Further notice
    Mentioned
    404 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3016 Post(s)

Who even takes note or significance of another persons skin colour , i mean, who cares and notices that stuff. It kinda baffles me, unless you've never seen someone of a different ethnicity, then i can understand the amazement. But living in such a multi-cultural/ethnical society, i've not been fussed one second.

There's more to people than the exterior ya know.

لا تفكر كثيرا
    بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
    The children need your prayers more than anyone else
    -------------------------------------------------------
    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I seen some people become racist because some people with a with a different skin colour were meaaannnn to them(cry me a river) so they now feel sorry for themself and hating that particular race makes them feel empowered and better.

When will people learn that there are 7 billion other people in this world and the amount of melanin in a person's skin does not affect their personality whatsover.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abdul25 View Post
    I dont like my race. i actually dont like any race. i like only me ,myself
    That is not racism, rather "grandiosity"
    Jannah is my aim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

lol i have actually been hand feeding a new born lamb today with a babys bottle. true story.
    OMG , i used to do that too.She was so tiny and beautiful and i used to feed her with a bottle ....sometimes she would even sleep on my bed.It broke my heart when she was gone , subhanAllah
    Jannah is my aim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by .mirror. View Post
    Not permissible to make fun of other races.
    In what capacity?

See, I joke about anything and everything. And what's more, I joke about myself even more than I joke about anything else. It's humour. At the end of the day, It doesn't matter what you look like, what colour, what belief. My belief is that we're all equal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ibn Sina View Post
    the racists of opposing races should be forced to live with the racists who they are racist against and vice versa
    they should be forced into a captive breeding program at a zoo/wildlife sanctuary

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1422 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by neelu View Post
    Aww mashAllah- show us a pic! Btw, do you have to put sheep's milk in the bottle or can it tolerate cow's milk as well?
    Quote Originally Posted by ~ Jumana ~ View Post
    OMG , i used to do that too.She was so tiny and beautiful and i used to feed her with a bottle ....sometimes she would even sleep on my bed.It broke my heart when she was gone , subhanAllah
    my daughter has fotos on her phone. ill get them off her and try and post them tomorrow.

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by W-Amatullah View Post
    Definetely not. Usually this issue of race comes up during marriage, where parents wouldn't let their children marry outside their race/tribe/culture etc, which is ridicolous. Especially if the person their child wants to marry is a good, practising Muslim.

And I don't get people that hold tightly to their culture rather than Islam thinking that their culture/race gave them honour. I don't place great importance on it, because it will not benefit me in anyway shape or form, on the Day of Judgement.
    culture benefits you in this life by being with people similar to you in language, food, clothes, norms and values etc. helps a person to settle down easier and be themselves
    Last edited by stealthninja; 07-03-12 at 11:38 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abubakarbristol View Post
    Give my regards to your sheep.
    ....but you're the ones who eat them

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the negative rep, ninja turtle. My views might be disgusting to you. But looking at the remarks, and the feedback you yourself get, my views arn't nearly as disgusting as the drival which you come out with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the negative rep, ninja turtle.
    you're a racist. you need to be called out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stealthninja View Post
    you're a racist. you need to be called out
    So you did it in private, in a neg rep?
    You are a judging, hate filled angry little turtle. That's why everyone on the forum loves you so.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1422 Post(s)

You are a judging, hate filled angry little turtle. That's why everyone on the forum loves you so.
    dont worry about is sigh.

i usually find post the most insulting neg reps in my sig to let everyone know what a muppet the person handing out the neg reps actually are lol.

no names mentioned

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You are a judging
    you shouldn't be making racist jokes and demeaning other races, especially from a guy who claims he supposedly left the BNP. It kind of shows what kind of culture and environment you exist in where demeaning other races by making jokes about them is common and done quite casually. It is not acceptable to make racist jokes so do not even try to defend yourself. The fact that you moan about the neg rep I gave you for saying that just shows how petulant and arrogant you are.

grow a pair, mein fuhrer.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1422 Post(s)

you shouldn't be making racist jokes and demeaning other races, especially from a guy who claims he supposedly left the BNP. It kind of shows what kind of culture and environment you exist in where demeaning other races by making jokes about them is common and done quite casually. It is not acceptable to make racist jokes so do not even try to defend yourself. The fact that you moan about the neg rep I gave you for saying that just shows how petulant and arrogant you are.

grow a pair, mein fuhrer.

come on, theres a difference between telling a racist joke and being a racist.

Sigh has explained his postition and was the one who offered the info himself so your not actually calling him out are you

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

come on, theres a difference between telling a racist joke and being a racist.
    maybe to you, but not to the victim of that joke. that is the issue, some people are just so thick that they do not realise the dehumanising and isolating effects of being singled out for your race and being made the brunt of a racist joke. But because herr sigh propably comes from a culture and environment where this happens casually, he doesn't realise the foolishness of what he is saying.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1422 Post(s)

maybe to you, but not to the victim of that joke. that is the issue, some people are just so thick that they do not realise the dehumanising and isolating effects of being singled out for your race and being made the brunt of a racist joke. But because herr sigh propably comes from a culture and environment where this happens casually, he doesn't realise the foolishness of what he is saying.
    i dont know where your from or your ethnicity but mine (white, british) is mocked almost daily here. racist comments quite regular.

im insulted quite often purely for the fact im not muslim.

grow some thicker skin is what ive been told.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've said it before little ninja, you, and people like you are what makes the west feel threatened by Islam. You are what people hate about Muslims.
    This is why, when people like you are seen burning things, shouting hate, the west mock Islam by calling you "the religion of peace".
    I know my failings, little boy. I know I'm less than a cow and will burn in hell. But you either don't know what Islam actually means, and how to implement "peace" in your heart. Or, and this is my belief, you are actually here to discredit the real, beautiful people in Islam. You are the wests threat to Muslims.
    I'd like to call you a joke. But hey, it is people like you which make people look toward the BNP.
    Every other Muslim in this forum speaks with a good clean heart... You are hate.

Edited to add something more.

The fact that you hate me, a man seeking truth and understanding shows two things.

One, you are intolerant and racist yourself.

Two, the fact that you have me in your sights and keep goading me, it tells me that I'm on the right path. If I met your approval then I would surely be an awful individual.

Also, I am beginning to Pity you. For you to have such an opinion of people, such anger, I believe that something terrible is happening in your life. Such as maybe your father beats you. Or worse, your mother.

Whatever it is, there is something wrong with you.
    Last edited by Sigh; 09-03-12 at 07:58 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I've said it before little ninja, you, and people like you are what makes the west feel threatened by Islam.
    I've come to expect these little non-sequitors from you. The other day you saw a post critical of your judgemental attitude towards Muslims which you didn't like and then you started threatening us about how you will start to hate Islam if we do not be quiet. LOL

You sound like a kid in the playground, you menstruating, emotional little girl.

Here is the post this little nazi is threatening to hate Islam over:

I'm so sorry for criticisng you, I will be quiet in order to prevent you from hating Islam.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Such as maybe your father beats you. Or worse, your mother.
    nice of you to bring my parents into this, you little nazi bigot. If you cannot handle criticism over your justification for making racist jokes, then do not post on a forum frequented by ethnic minorities, people whom you demean on a regular basis.

I can see though that you are seething in anger at my criticism. There is no need to. Ethnic minorities should have equal opportunities to voice their opinions without a white guy threatening to hate their religion if they carry on talking or their parents being brought into the discussion. The problem is with YOU, and nobody else you racist little bigot.
    Last edited by stealthninja; 09-03-12 at 02:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm so sorry for criticisng you, I will be quiet in order to prevent you from hating Islam.
    Is that a promise?

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quoted
    111 Post(s)

How can any Muslim be racist ? - it's against Islam to be so.
    'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Peacenik View Post
    How can any Muslim be racist ? - it's against Islam to be so.
    Good question.But so is zina , lying, cheating, stealing however people still do that.I believe many do not have strong Iman thus shaytan whispers are heard louder than the sound of mind to them.
    Jannah is my aim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love diversity and culture..number one reason for why I'm majoring in Sociology too. Really hate being with the same types of people 24/7 anyway..whether we have the same culture, skin color, or whatever. I've also known people from various backgrounds and skin tones. So, no racism from me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Interesting results.....One would think with all these comments on here there will be more racists

I guess it is a good think though that not many chose the 2nd and 4th options of the poll.
    Jannah is my aim

Umm Dujana Britaniya ~Sprinkles's Avatar
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    10 Post(s)

Are You Racist? - Abdul Nasir Jangda http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSC_K...eature=g-all-u
    إن للمتقين مفازا

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ cho09082489's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    199 Post(s)

unfortunately my mum went off on a rant about mixed race marriages yesterday to a nice lady who drove us home from a wedding. some of it was quite racist and i felt so embarrassed...all the girls in the car went quiet and no one knew what to say coz they dont want to offend an older woman. she says 'mullahs are doing bad by telling people that it's ok to marry people of any race so long as they're muslim'. I cant really say much, I tried yesterday and she shouted and told me to be quiet..she can be scary sometimes. she believes this is a new teaching, I remember she told me the Prophet (pbuh) only married within his race so I corrected her and said no coz he married Saffiyah. I think she chooses to ignore that. she's got serious problems. Please make dua that my mum is made to see aright, she cant let go of culture. Please dont hate her coz I love her very much and this makes me so sad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

^ Allah guide her and open her heart towards the real teachings of Islam instead of culture, Ameen.
    Jannah is my aim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cho09082489 View Post
    unfortunately my mum went off on a rant about mixed race marriages yesterday to a nice lady who drove us home from a wedding. some of it was quite racist and i felt so embarrassed...all the girls in the car went quiet and no one knew what to say coz they dont want to offend an older woman. she says 'mullahs are doing bad by telling people that it's ok to marry people of any race so long as they're muslim'. I cant really say much, I tried yesterday and she shouted and told me to be quiet..she can be scary sometimes. she believes this is a new teaching, I remember she told me the Prophet (pbuh) only married within his race so I corrected her and said no coz he married Saffiyah. I think she chooses to ignore that. she's got serious problems. Please make dua that my mum is made to see aright, she cant let go of culture. Please dont hate her coz I love her very much and this makes me so sad.
    Ukhti, same goes with my mum too. Although sometime she realises that people from other country can be nice too. Anyways, I hope and pray Allah guides us all and our parents too! Ameen.

ps. she isn't mad about all other countries, only few but still I think me,my mum and all the people in need of guidance inshaAllah.
    Last edited by sushi; 09-06-12 at 08:17 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

I highly doubt any muslim is racist, but we do tend to be ignorant at times and this is something we have to watch.
    My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
    ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’
    “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Prophet Mohammad (SAW)
    Quote text: All people are equal as the teeth of a comb. There is no virtue (nothing better or superior) to an Arab over a non-Arab,nor white over colored, except by the fear of God."

Quote Originally Posted by ~ Jumana ~ View Post
    السلام عليكم و رحمة الله وبركاته

It`s not something surprising that racism is faced by lots of opposition worldwidely . Many times we refer to some people to be "racists" and it seems almost EVERYBODY complains about being discriminated against! If this is true and all of us are victims of racism , then WHO is responsible for it ?

Is it possible that "WE" ourselves are racists against certain groups but find that not really harming , while we magnify the issue of others being racists against us ?

My purpose of this thread is to make everyone of us think about him/her self and start changing himself/herself from within (if you discover you might be a racist), so all of us can purify our hearts and enjoy communities free of racism.

Have a nice day /night brothers and sisters .

Ps: Btw , no one can know what youranswer is , so relax and vote please

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    I highly doubt any muslim is racist, but we do tend to be ignorant at times and this is something we have to watch.
    Sister , I have SEEN people who see others less than animals *i am sorry for the expression*
    I have seen women (muslim women) who refuse to wear hijab in front of men from a nationality that they consider inferior (because they do not see them as men but mere creatures)!!!! La hawla wala qowwata illa billah
    I have seen people who refuse to shake hands with people from a nationality or a race they think is too inferior for them to mingle with ....(those who did that called themselves muslims too most of them prayed and fasted Ramaan too)

So , racist muslims do exist unfortunately.Some of them do not think or notice that they are actually racists which makes things worse , because if you do not know you have a problem , you want try to solve it.
    Jannah is my aim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i hate Samnites
    And he is the son of Ithel Goch ap Cynwrig ap Iorwerth Ddu ap Cynwrig Ddewis Herod ap Cywryd!

Barayev
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

do ginger people count as a race?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -Shamil- View Post
    do ginger people count as a race?
    oi I got some ginges in my fam dont discriminate

Sister , I have SEEN people who see others less than animals *i am sorry for the expression*
    I have seen women (muslim women) who refuse to wear hijab in front of men from a nationality that they consider inferior (because they do not see them as men but mere creatures)!!!! La hawla wala qowwata illa billah
    I have seen people who refuse to shake hands with people from a nationality or a race they think is too inferior for them to mingle with ....(those who did that called themselves muslims too most of them prayed and fasted Ramaan too)
    This is DISGUSTING ....cant believe a muslim can have that type of mentality. Class wars I understand, happens a lot, not mingling with the servants because they are doing a job for you but actually hating someone because of their skin colour

LOW BLOW
    My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
    ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’

Barayev
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy View Post
    oi I got some ginges in my fam dont discriminate
    Me and discriminate? I love little ginger people!

Ok, maybe the odd ginger person used to scare me as a child but ive got over it now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Honestly I think being racism is disgusting then again I make jokes about every kind even my own. But I am joking. How could be a person be a good muslim if you are racist? For example if you hate arabs I guess you hate some of the prophets! How can you go to Jannah being racist? hmmmm.....

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mizzprincess98 View Post
    Honestly I think being racism is disgusting then again I make jokes about every kind even my own. But I am joking. How could be a person be a good muslim if you are racist? For example if you hate arabs I guess you hate some of the prophets! How can you go to Jannah being racist? hmmmm.....
    People say they are not racist, but can certainly behave in such a manner but they dont define it as racism because islam forbids it, for example i was listening to some lecture where the man was saying we all say we are not racist but the minute a black guy who is practicing comes forward to marry your daughter you go NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    My ♥ only lets الله‎ in