Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network

View Poll Results: Do you discriminate against others ? "have racist thoughts"?

Voters
187. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am NOT a racist at all (I don`t see any race/color/nationality to be better than the other)

143 76.47%
  • I don’t think recognizing that some of us are of better races , colores is wrong since it` true

2 1.07%
  • I have racist thoughts (think of some groups to be inferior) + I am trying to change that

28 14.97%
  • I do believe am a racist + but I don`t really do anything to change that .

14 7.49%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Are (YOU) a racist ?

السلام عليكم و رحمة الله وبركاته

It`s not something surprising that racism is faced by lots of opposition worldwidely . Many times we refer to some people to be "racists" and it seems almost EVERYBODY complains about being discriminated against! If this is true and all of us are victims of racism , then WHO is responsible for it ?

Is it possible that "WE" ourselves are racists against certain groups but find that not really harming , while we magnify the issue of others being racists against us ?

My purpose of this thread is to make everyone of us think about him/her self and start changing himself/herself from within (if you discover you might be a racist), so all of us can purify our hearts and enjoy communities free of racism.

Have a nice day /night brothers and sisters .

Ps: Btw , no one can know what youranswer is , so relax and vote please
    Last edited by ~ Jumana ~; 08-06-11 at 11:35 AM.
    Jannah is my aim

Mentioned
    402 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1682 Post(s)

Re: Are (YOU) a racist ?

no, am not

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

No I am not a racist as racism is forbidden in Islam. I believe in the human race - we are all made equal, only category to see if anyone is superior/inferior than another is piety/righteousness but only Allah swt knows who is better in this category so I have no right to feel superior/arrogant. May Allah swt save me from committing such evil sins (arrogance, superiority complex, racism etc), Ameen.

"O Mankind! Most certainly, it is We( God almighty) who have Created you all From a single (pair) Of a male and a female, And it is we who Have made you into Nations and tribes, That ye may recognise each other (Not that ye may despise each other).
    Verily, the noblest of you In the sight of Allah Is (he who is) the most Righteous of you."
    Holy Quran 49:13

"And mankind is naught but a single nation."
    Holy Quran 2:213

"All men(includes women) are equal in Islam, the Arab has no superiority
    over the non-Arab, nor does the non-Arab have superiority over the Arab,
    save in the fear of God."

If I dislike certain characteristics of certain people, it is not out of racism it is because I don't agree with certain customs such as forced marriages, unacceptable dowry, haram relationships, injustice, intoxication etc etc. There is NEVER fault in any race..any bad characteristics is fault of the person who is practicing it out of free will.

But Allah knows best.

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leemar Tayem View Post
    السلام عليكم و رحمة الله وبركاته

It`s not something surprising that racism is faced by lots of opposition worldwidely . Many times we refer to some people to be "racists" and it seems almost EVERYBODY complains about being discriminated against! If this is true and all of us are victims of racism , then WHO is responsible for it ?

Is it possible that "WE" ourselves are racists against certain groups but find that not really harming , while we magnify the issue of others being racists against us ?

My purpose of this thread is to make everyone of us think about him/her self and start changing himself/herself from within (if you discover you might be a racist), so all of us can purify our hearts and enjoy communities free of racism.

Have a nice day /night brothers and sisters .

Ps: Btw , no one can know what youranswer is , so relax and vote please
    I'm not Racist, But I'm Anti-Zionist, because these people have proven themselves to be the Lowest degenerates produced by Mankind.

The Only Criteria that Elevates a person is Taqwa which a Muslim posesses, as stated by Allah ta'ala in the Quran.

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by faithheals View Post
    No I am not a racist as racism is forbidden in Islam. I believe in the human race - we are all made equal, only category to see if anyone is superior/inferior than another is piety/righteousness but only Allah swt knows who is better in this category so I have no right to feel superior/arrogant. May Allah swt save me from committing such evil sins (arrogance, superiority complex, racism etc), Ameen.

"O Mankind! Most certainly, it is We( God almighty) who have Created you all From a single (pair) Of a male and a female, And it is we who Have made you into Nations and tribes, That ye may recognise each other (Not that ye may despise each other).
    Verily, the noblest of you In the sight of Allah Is (he who is) the most Righteous of you."
    Holy Quran 49:13

"And mankind is naught but a single nation."
    Holy Quran 2:213

"All men(includes women) are equal in Islam, the Arab has no superiority
    over the non-Arab, nor does the non-Arab have superiority over the Arab,
    save in the fear of God."

If I dislike certain characteristics of certain people, it is not out of racism it is because I don't agree with certain customs such as forced marriages, unacceptable dowry, haram relationships, injustice, intoxication etc etc. There is NEVER fault in any race..any bad characteristics is fault of the person who is practicing it out of free will.

But Allah knows best.
    The Exception stated by rasulullah is Elaborated in the Glorious Quran ...

Taqwa is the Only Criteria that makes one superior over another, Allah ta'ala knows best Which Muslim has more Taqwa over another,

With regard to Humanity, this is what Allah ta'ala says about the Two Groups ...

Al-Quran, Surah Bayinah, Chapter 98
    --------------------------------------
    Ayah 6 : Those who reject (Truth), among the People of the Book and among the Polytheists, will be in Hell-Fire, to dwell therein (for aye). They are the worst of creatures.

Ayah 7 : Those who have faith and do righteous deeds,- they are the best of creatures.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

No I don't have racist thoughts.

(I think)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quoted
    244 Post(s)

I'm not a racist. It just depends on the culture where that person is brought up and so on. Its not about race or colour, its about ikhlaaq and the manners. That would define the person truly. Plus islam is not restricted for anyone. Any person can enter Islam
    الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8065 Post(s)

saw 2 white guys at fortress stadium a few weeks ago , couldnt stop laughing at the jokes people were making.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RazielTemp View Post
    Those who reject (Truth), [/U]among the People of the Book and among the Polytheists, will be in Hell-Fire, to dwell therein (for aye). They are the worst of creatures. [/B]
    strange

I always thought that, in a Muslim perspective, we atheists were worse

you surely learn a few interesting things on here

Mentioned
    194 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5057 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lopez View Post
    strange

I always thought that, in a Muslim perspective, we atheists were worse

you surely learn a few interesting things on here
    So you "Atheists" are confessing to Rejecting the Truth then?

lol,

Those who reject the Haqq are the Worst of Creatures ...

It's funny though, there is naught about Race, SKin colour, Gender in the Ayah ...

Interesting that Those steeped in Falsehood want to be classed as the "Best of Creatures" ...

lol,

you sure do learn strange things from the Kuffar.

regards.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Quoted
    933 Post(s)

proper honest, y'know- those 8 people.
    'And when a thing for which you ask is slow to come,
    Then know that often through delay are gifts received'
    علي الحبشي

Mentioned
    342 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

yes, i am racist.

i believe in the superiority of the human race
    Take a step into our unique Muslim Montessori school:
    http://campaign.justgiving.com/…/a-…/buildalamiyahschool2015

Donate your sadaqah to help build a Model School for all our children.
    Please watch our school appeal: https://youtu.be/SY819jmCbzw

Text SCHL15 followed by £10 to 70070 and make a difference.
    Please forward this message to help turn this vision into a reality.

The Prophet (SAW) also said, "The believer's shade on the Day of Resurrection will be his Sadaqah." (Ahmad)

‪#‎ChangingEducation

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noobz View Post
    saw 2 white guys at fortress stadium a few weeks ago , couldnt stop laughing at the jokes people were making.
    That is so typical. If a white person is spotted in pakistan they are stared at like zoo animals. Once this guy married a white girl and took her back home to meet his parents and the whole village showed up to look at the 'gori'

Though it's ironic how the ones making jokes about white people in pakistan are the ones desperate to get into a white country and then become the butt of all the Freshie jokes themselves.

www.searching-islam.com Perseveranze's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

I think, any Muslim that's racist needs to get some serious help. It's hard to be a practicing Muslim and be a racist at the same time. Just need to cleanse your heart Inshallah.

Quote Originally Posted by x--x View Post
    That is so typical. If a white person is spotted in pakistan they are stared at like zoo animals. Once this guy married a white girl and took her back home to meet his parents and the whole village showed up to look at the 'gori'
    L

ایک بار پکار کے تو دیکھو .mirror.'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3881 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by x--x View Post

Though it's ironic how the ones making jokes about white people in pakistan are the ones desperate to get into a white country and then become the butt of all the Freshie jokes themselves.
    Sad.
    She should be in a niqab with a screen. That should put them off.

Yeah, white and black people are a phenomena. I wonder what will happen if they see a Chinese.

Quote Originally Posted by Perseveranze View Post
    I think, any Muslim that's racist needs to get some serious help. It's hard to be a practicing Muslim and be a racist at the same time. Just need to cleanse your heart Inshallah.
    Sadly, many of us Muslims aren't even practicing.

May Allah guide us all.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Racists are the most dumbest people on earth. How can you hate or feel superior over someone that can't help with the race or skin colour they were born with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i do believe fairer color people are more beautiful but i don't think they are superior to others.

Over it.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Loser View Post
    i do believe fairer color people are more beautiful but i don't think they are superior to others.
    Except in features or whatever else you use to define beauty, yes?
    "The discovery of truth is prevented more effectively, not by the false appearance of things present and which mislead into error, not directly by weakness of the reasoning powers, but by preconceived notions, opinion, and by prejudice." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

No i'm not racist, but I do think we have all had stereotypical minds before. Sometimes it is difficult to not stereotype, and there are positive stereotypes too.

It's cool to see racism is haram in Islam, and Allah SWT won't even consider that about you on the day of Judgment, and it all comes down to your deeds, what you did in this life, etc.

The Prophet (saw) said, Verily, the knots of Islam will be undone one by one. Whenever one knot is lost, then the people grabbed onto the one which came after it. The first of these knots will be ruling and the last will be the salah.[1]

The author of Sitoon as-Sultaniyah says about this Hadith: “It was the Prophet who tied together the knots of Islam, including the uppermost knot of ruling after he established the Islamic state…As mentioned by Imam Mawardi the leadership has been proscribed as the succession of the Prophet in protecting the deen and governing the societal affairs. In this respect – Imam Baidawi mentioned that the Imama/Khalifah is the succession from the Prophet in the establishment of the laws of the Shari’ah. So without the Imam the laws lie unapplied and the territory is not protected effectively. The hadith indicates that it is the uppermost knot that keeps the subsequent knots safe from being untied. This is since it is the ruler that is responsible to apply Islam in its entirety, to implement the limits proscribed by Allah and to protect the society. Imam Ahmed mentioned without an Imam (for the Muslims as their leader) there would be fitna, and the destruction of the symbols of Islam ending with the Prayer is a great fitna.[2]

[1] Tabarani, Musnad Ahmad and Al Hakim in his Al Mustadrak
    [2] Ibid. pg. 46

شهيد إن شاء الله
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mizfissy815 View Post
    Except in features or whatever else you use to define beauty, yes?
    thats just prefernce, not racisim.

we all have that.
    And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allâh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allâh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Over it.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by uncle umar View Post
    thats just prefernce, not racisim.

we all have that.
    I really don't want to get into the whole preference thing, but I was merely highlighting the contradiction in such a statement.

And no, I wouldn't say 'we all have' it.
    "The discovery of truth is prevented more effectively, not by the false appearance of things present and which mislead into error, not directly by weakness of the reasoning powers, but by preconceived notions, opinion, and by prejudice." - Arthur Schopenhauer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Definetely not. Usually this issue of race comes up during marriage, where parents wouldn't let their children marry outside their race/tribe/culture etc, which is ridicolous. Especially if the person their child wants to marry is a good, practising Muslim.

And I don't get people that hold tightly to their culture rather than Islam thinking that their culture/race gave them honour. I don't place great importance on it, because it will not benefit me in anyway shape or form, on the Day of Judgement.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1422 Post(s)

i love it when people say "im not racist BUT......" that one word "but" normally means they are.

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SILURES View Post
    i love it when people say "im not racist BUT......" that one word "but" normally means they are.
    lol, yes true, i think it is better not to say you have race "preferences" first because you don't know who you are going to end up with, and second, the line is very very thin between preferences and racism.
    My Blog http://historyeyesopened.tumblr.com/ Watch out sister Nousername
    Ummah forum mentality depiction by BBC (warning) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LS37SNYjg8w

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)

many people just dont realise it, we see it on the forum all the time, the crazy comments and many ppl dont seem to even understand what theyre saying and the implications that has on a wider scale, muslims are selling muslims to be tortured only because of their race or the colour of their skin audu billah. insha Allah its an evil that will be stamped out of this ummah and we will see muslims start to view each other as brothers no matter what race or colour.
    Last edited by *asiya*; 15-08-11 at 03:06 PM.
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Yesterday my co-worker did the face when she was talking about how some nationalities are open to interracial marriages.She was even surprised how some people would marry a person with a skin tone waaaay to different from theirs.It just reminded me that not everybody is really open to marrying from "outside" the race or nationality whatever you call it , although of the attention from the media to interracial marriages and it being accepted more than it was ...let`s say 40 years ago.Sad but prejudice still exists.
    Jannah is my aim

ایک بار پکار کے تو دیکھو .mirror.'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    361 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3881 Post(s)

I think she's more ignorant than racist. Just sounds like that from what she said.

May Allah grant us understanding.
    Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
    - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

Ameen.
    Jannah is my aim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Lol I wonder who picked the I am a racist option

4,534,329,626th person Glorfindel's Avatar
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Google says:

rac·ism/ˈrāˌsizəm/

Noun:
    1.The belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, esp. so as to distinguish it as...
    2.Prejudice or discrimination directed against someone of a different race based on such a belief.

What if you just don't like people (your 'own' kind and every other 'kind')? Would that make you a racist or just a cantankerous misanthrope?
    ألإخواننا والموت قد حال دوننا، وللموت حكم نافذ في الخلائق
    سبقتكم للموت والعمرطية وأعلم أن الكل لا بد لاحقي
    بعيشكم أو باضطجاعي في الثرى، ألم تك في صفو من العيش الرائق؟
    فمن مر بي فليمض بي مترحما ولا يك منسيا وفاء الأصادق

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I dont like my race. i actually dont like any race. i like only me ,myself
    In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but silence of our friends.

YOUR FAVOURITE AKHI 2016 Magic.'s Avatar
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2281 Post(s)

I don't mind anyone but when it comes to marriage, I imagine a lot of family would prefer someone with a lighter skin tone. Sad indeed.

Cultural baggage.

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    99 Post(s)

I dont know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

There is no room for racism in Islam.

Other than that its just a difference of opinnions but to look down at a race due to colour or location is quiet sad, to be honest nothing should give us the right when Rasoolalah SAW himself accepted Bilal RA and had deep love for him, Umar R.A had so much respect for Bilal R.A he would call him Sayidna Bilal, think about that's deep

Still racist ? I hope not InshAla

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am not racist. I tell racist jokes, just as I tell hightist jokes, animal jokes or any other jokes. But that is where I draw the line. It just humour. I stereotype folk, too. I believe stereotyping is good for maintaining cultural/geographical identity. Also, I am well aware of the jokes about white Brits... Do I care? No, I tell them, too!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

One thing that gets my back up, when people accuse of being racist, when infact it might be colour prejudice! There is a difference.

Odan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Umm_Adam_ View Post
    We All Have A Level Prejudiced Its Not Racism Though
    Its the only 'A' level I have!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not especially racist, my wife and kids have a different skin colour to me, most of my friends have a different skin colour to me and come from a variety of cultures and background.

I recently met a man who was physically ugly, I felt prejudice towards him, but persevered with being polite and friendly to him; only to discover that he is a beautiful human being. I felt ashamed of my prejudice and thankful to Allah for guiding me to this man and keeping me on the straight path and teaching me a good lesson.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1422 Post(s)

the only ones im prejudiced against is the english.......i think its compulsary living in wales lol.

There are two kinds of pride, both good and bad. 'Good pride' represents our dignity and self-respect. 'Bad pride' is the deadly sin of superiority that reeks of conceit and arrogance.

Odan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SILURES View Post
    the only ones im prejudiced against is the english.......i think its compulsary living in wales lol.
    Absolutely !!!!

Living on the best side of the border, I wouldn't trust a Welshman who wasn't.

Give my regards to your sheep.

Mentioned
    88 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1422 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abubakarbristol View Post
    Absolutely !!!!

Living on the best side of the border, I wouldn't trust a Welshman who wasn't.

Give my regards to your sheep.

lol i have actually been hand feeding a new born lamb today with a babys bottle. true story.

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ cho09082489's Avatar
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quoted
    199 Post(s)

no, not racist Alhamdulillah. extremely religionist when it comes to letting people get close to me
    Last edited by cho09082489; 07-03-12 at 01:25 AM.