Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Mustalahul Hadeeth & Hanafi Fiqh Class with Abu Mus'ab Tuesday from 7:30PM GMT (8:30pm BST) skype: ummahradio Show Details here. - And here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Post How to make Istikhara prayer

* Bismillahi-r-Rahmani-r-Raheem *
    Assalamu 'alaikum.

The following is from the book "Selected Prayers" compiled by Dr. Jamal Badawi.

When seeking guidance in decision-making (Istikharah)

Allahomma Inni Astakheeroka Bi3ilmik. Wa'astaqdiroka Biqodratik. Wa'as'aloka min Fadlikal3azeem. Fa'innaka Taqdiru Wala Aqdir. Wata3lamo Wala-a3lam. Wa'anta-3allamul ghuyoob.

Allahomma In Kunta Ta3lamu Anna (Hathal-Amra) Khayul-lee Fi Deenee Wama3ashi Wa3ajila Amri Wa'ajilah, Faqdorho lee, Wayassirho lee, Thomma-barik lee fih.

Wa'in Konta Ta3lamo Anna (Hathal-Amra) sharrul-lee Fi Deenee. Wama3ashi. Wa3ajila Amri. Wa'ajilaho. Fasrifho 3annee. Wasrifnee 3anh. Waqdur leyal-khayr Haytho kan. Thomma ardini Bih.

Translation of du'a:

O Allah! I seek Your guidance (in making a choice) by virtue of Your knowledge, and I seek ability by virtue of Your power, and I ask You of Your great bounty. You have power, I have none. And You know, I know not. You are the Knower of hidden things.

O Allah! If in Your knowledge, (this matter) is good for my religion, my livelihood and my affairs; immediate and in the distant, then ordain for me, make it easy for me and bless it for me. And if in Your knolwedge, (this matter) is bad for my religion, my livelihood and my affairs; immediate and in the distant, then turn it away from me, and turn me away from it. And ordain for me the good wherever it be and make me pleased with it.

Notes:

1. The above du'a is to be recited when there is uncertainty about the advisability of taking a decision, provided it is Islamically permissable.

2. After performing wudu' (ablution), one should offer two rakahs (sunnah required for this purpose).

3. Before receiting the dua' it should be made sure that the person is not already inclined to a given decision; otherwise it will mean the person is not serious about seeking guidance from Allah (SWT).

4. In making this dua' the actual matter or decision concerning which divine guidance is being sought should be mentioned instead of the words (Hathal Amra) in trasnliteration or the words "this matter" in the translation above.

5. After reciting the dua' (immediately or later on), one may feel more favorably disposed toward one choice or the other.

***************** End of Excerpt ***************************

Salatul Istekharah From The Book Fiqh Us-Sunnah By As-Sayyid Sabiq
    It is a sunnah that, if one must choose between permissible alternatives, one should pray two rak'as sunnah, be they regular sunnah prayers or a prayer for entering a mosque, and so on, during any time of the day or night, and to recite therein whatever one wishes of the Qu'ran after reciting Al-Fatiha. Then one should praise Allah and send salutations to the Prophet, peace be upon him, and recite the following supplication which has been recorded by Bukhari in Jabir's narration:"The Prophet, peace be upon him, would teach us al-Istikharah for all of our affairs as he would teach us a surah of the Qu'ran. He said 'if one of you is deliberating over an act, he should pray two rak'ahs and say:

"O Allah, I consult You as You are All-Knowing and I appeal to You to give me power as You are Omnipotent, I ask You for Your great favor, for You have power and I do not, and You know all of the hidden matters. O Allah! If you know that this matter (then mention it) is good for me in my religion, my livlihood, and for my life in the Hereafter (or he said 'for my present and future life') then ordain it for me, make it (easy) for me and bless it for me. And if You know that this matter is bad for my religion, my livlihood and my life in the Hereafter (or he said 'for my present and future life') then turn it away from me and turn me away from it and ordain the good for me wherever it be and make me be pleased with it."

There is nothing authentic concerning anything specific that is to be recited in the prayer nor is there any authentic report concerning how many times one should repeat it.

An-Nawawi holds that "after performing the istikhara, a person must do what he is wholeheartedly inclined to do and feels good about doing and should not insist on doing what he has desired to do before making the istikhara. And if his feelings change, he should leave what he had intended to do, otherwise he is not completely leaving the choice of Allah, and would not be honest in seeking aid from Allah's power and knowledge. Sincerity in seeking Allah's choice means that one should completely leave what one oneself desired or determined."

http://members.lycos.co.uk/Shax2/islam/muslimwomen.html
    You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

Istikhara and Divine Guidance:

Istikhara and Divine Guidance: how one’s prayer of seeking guidance is answered

Question: I was wondering about istikhara. 6 years ago my family took out an istikhara to see whether I should get engaged to an individual. We all got positive signs, and my fiance and I have been engaged for the last 6 years. Over the years, if I had ever felt any type of confusion about my decision, I would take an istikhara out and have still always receieved positive feedback.
    Now that both of us are finishing up school, we were going to start planning the wedding. However, a few months ago, my fiance took a turn and is now claiming confusion about whether he wants to get married at all, ever. So we took istikhara''s out again and still receieved positive. I asked him to take one out and he said he would. My question is, what happens if my findings are positive, but his are negative, how do we come to an agreement? Also, since Istikhara is divine guidance, shouldn''t we follow the guidance that we have been receiving over the last 6 years, regardless of anything else? I have strong faith that InshAllah the insecurites that he is facing will vanish, and so I am compelled to stick with this engagement. I am just unsure about whether that is the right step to take or not. Please assist me...

Answer:

Walaikum assalam wa rahmatullah,

Istikhara means ‘seeking the good.’ The istikhara prayer is a prayer through which one seeks Allah to guide one, through the outplaying of destiny as it unfolds, towards that which is best.

That which is best may not be best in the way we imagine it: many seemingly negative manners have great worldly or next-worldly benefits.

See attached answer(s).

Wassalam, Faraz Rabbani (faraz@sunnipath.com ; hanafi@sunnipath.com)

Sunni Path - www.sunnipath.com

How is One’s Istikhara (prayer of seeking guidance) answered?

Istikhara (prayer of seeking guidance) gives the best answer, for one's worldly and religious life (not worldly life alone), when coupled with another essential sunna (tradition of prophet Muhammad): istishara (seeking sound counsel) of those worthy of being consulted and taking the sound means of assessing the situation at hand.

This is why it is good to consult with people of wisdom, understanding, and experience regarding the results of one's prayer of seeking guidance (istikhara), because one's own interpretation is often clouded by one's inclinations and desires.

Guidance about the Guidance Prayer (Istikhara)

The proper manners of istikhara (the prayer of seeking guidance) include suspending one’s preferences and consigning one’s affairs to Allah, seeking His guidance towards what is best for one.

The istikhara (guidance) prayer is a gift from Allah to direct our affairs towards success and baraka (blessing).

It is also a lesson in developing one’s trust in Allah and one’s sense of need of Allah, to become of those who, “depend on guidance from their Lord. These are the successful.” [Qur’an, 2.5] It is a means to realize that, “My success is only through Allah.” [Qur’an, 11.88]

This realization, that it is Allah Most High alone who gives and takes, and that nothing in creation moves or is at rest except through the Will and Power of Allah, is the essence of true, living faith.

The Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) said, “Say, ‘There is no ability nor power except through Allah,’ (la hawla wa la quwwata illa billah) because it is a treasure of the treasures of the Garden.” [Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, Nasa’i, and Ibn Maja] The scholars say that one who truly realizes the meanings of this is already in the Garden of spiritual meanings, rejoicing in the Pleasure of Allah.

It is recommended to repeat the istikhara up to seven times (or even more).

Istikhara: The Guidance Prayer

When one is not clear about the result of the istikhara, the fuqaha mention that it is recommend to repeat it, upto 7 times if necessary (usually done on separate occassions). [cf: Radd al-Muhtar]

It is not necessary that you get a dream or even a "feeling." Rather, the istikhara is a prayer that Allah guide you towards that which is best (khayr) for you. If you do the prayer of guidance (istikhara) with the proper manners, the most important of which is to truly consign the matter to Allah and suspend your own inclinations, then Allah will make events unfold in the direction that is the best for your worldly and next-worldly affairs.

In general, when it is not possible to perform the istikhara prayer itself (such as when one is out on the road, or in one's menstrual period), it is recommended to simply read the dua itself. [Radd al-Muhtar]

The istikhara prayer may be made for a specific matter or be made for a general seeking of all that is best. Some scholars, including Imam Abd al-Wahhab al-Sha`rani and Ibn `Arafah before him saw this kind of istikhara prayer as being superior. Others, including Shaykh Ibn al-Arabi, recommended performing a general istikhara prayer for all that is good every day, ideally at the time of the Duha prayer (after sunrise).

Imam al-Nawawi mentioned that before the istikhara prayer, one should seek advice (istishara) from those whose knowledge, wisdom, and concern one is confident. Ibn Hajar al-Haytami and others mentioned that one of the benefits of this is to further distance oneself from the desires of one's own egotistic inclinations.

It is recommended to open the dua of istikhara [below], with praise of Allah and sending blessings on the Prophet (Allah bless him & give him peace), and to close it in this manner, too.

Like other duas, it is recommended that one face the qibla.

It is disliked to 'hasten' in seeking the answer to one's istikhara, like other duas, because the Prophet (Allah bless him & give him peace) said, "Your prayers are answered, unless you hasten, saying, 'I prayed, but no answer came.'"

One should be pleased with what Allah chooses for one, and not seek to follow one's whims after the answer to one's supplication becomes clear.

According to a traditional report transmitted on the authority of Muhammad ibn al-Munkadir, it was Jabir ibn 'Abdi'llah (may Allah be well pleased with him and with his father) who said:

"Allah's Messenger (Allah bless him and give him peace) used to teach us how to seek guidance in choosing the best option available in a practical enterprise [al-istikhara fi 'l-amr], just as he would sometimes teach us a Chapter [Sura] from the Qur'an. :

"'If one of you is concerned about some practical undertaking, or about making plans for a journey, he should perform two cycles of ritual prayer [rak'atain], not as an obligatory observance [farida], but voluntarily. After the prayer/salah is over, he should say (this is the actual supplication for Istikhara):

'"O Allah, I ask You to show me what is best, through Your knowledge, and I ask You to empower me, through Your power, and I beg You to grant me Your tremendous favor, for You have power, while I am without power, and You have knowledge, while I am without knowledge, and You are the One who knows all things invisible.

Allahumma inni astakhiru-ka bi-'ilmi-ka wa astaqdiru-ka bi-qudrati-ka wa as'alu-ka min fadli-ka 'l-'azim fa-inna-ka taqdiru wa la aqdiru wa ta'lamu wa la a'lamu wa Anta 'Allamu 'l-ghuyub :

O Allah, if You know that this (you can be specific here) undertaking is in the best interests of my religion, my life in this world, and my life in the Hereafter, and can yield successful results in both the short term and the long term, then make it possible for me and make it easy for me, and then bless me in it.

Allahumma in kunta ta'lamu anna hadha 'l-amra khairun li fi dini wa dunyaya wa akhirati wa 'aqibati amri wa 'ajili-hi wa ajili-h :fa-'qdir-hu li wa yassir-hu li thumma barik li fi-h :

If not, then turn it away from me, and make it easy for me to do well, wherever I may happen to be, and make me content with Your verdict, O Most Merciful of the merciful.'"

wa illa fa-'srif-hu 'an-ni wa yassir liya 'l-khaira haithu kana ma kuntu wa raddi-ni bi-qada'i-ka ya Arhama 'r-rahimin :

You can also visit http://islam.about.com/blistikhara.htm for the Istikhara.
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Quote Originally Posted by AbuMubarak

Question: I was wondering about istikhara. 6 years ago my family took out an istikhara to see whether I should get engaged to an individual. We all got positive signs, and my fiance and I have been engaged for the last 6 years. Over the years, if I had ever felt any type of confusion about my decision, I would take an istikhara out and have still always receieved positive feedback.
    Now that both of us are finishing up school, we were going to start planning the wedding. However, a few months ago, my fiance took a turn and is now claiming confusion about whether he wants to get married at all, ever. So we took istikhara''s out again and still receieved positive. I asked him to take one out and he said he would. My question is, what happens if my findings are positive, but his are negative, how do we come to an agreement? Also, since Istikhara is divine guidance, shouldn''t we follow the guidance that we have been receiving over the last 6 years, regardless of anything else? I have strong faith that InshAllah the insecurites that he is facing will vanish, and so I am compelled to stick with this engagement. I am just unsure about whether that is the right step to take or not. Please assist me...

Answer:

Istikhara means ‘seeking the good.’ The istikhara prayer is a prayer through which one seeks Allah to guide one, through the outplaying of destiny as it unfolds, towards that which is best.

That which is best may not be best in the way we imagine it: many seemingly negative manners have great worldly or next-worldly benefits.

See attached answer(s).

Istikhara (prayer of seeking guidance) gives the best answer, for one's worldly and religious life (not worldly life alone), when coupled with another essential sunna (tradition of prophet Muhammad): istishara (seeking sound counsel) of those worthy of being consulted and taking the sound means of assessing the situation at hand.

This is why it is good to consult with people of wisdom, understanding, and experience regarding the results of one's prayer of seeking guidance (istikhara), because one's own interpretation is often clouded by one's inclinations and desires.

The proper manners of istikhara (the prayer of seeking guidance) include suspending one’s preferences and consigning one’s affairs to Allah, seeking His guidance towards what is best for one.

The istikhara (guidance) prayer is a gift from Allah to direct our affairs towards success and baraka (blessing).

It is also a lesson in developing one’s trust in Allah and one’s sense of need of Allah, to become of those who, “depend on guidance from their Lord. These are the successful.” [Qur’an, 2.5] It is a means to realize that, “My success is only through Allah.” [Qur’an, 11.88]

This realization, that it is Allah Most High alone who gives and takes, and that nothing in creation moves or is at rest except through the Will and Power of Allah, is the essence of true, living faith.

The Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) said, “Say, ‘There is no ability nor power except through Allah,’ (la hawla wa la quwwata illa billah) because it is a treasure of the treasures of the Garden.” [Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, Nasa’i, and Ibn Maja] The scholars say that one who truly realizes the meanings of this is already in the Garden of spiritual meanings, rejoicing in the Pleasure of Allah.

When one is not clear about the result of the istikhara, the fuqaha mention that it is recommend to repeat it, upto 7 times if necessary (usually done on separate occassions). [cf: Radd al-Muhtar]

It is not necessary that you get a dream or even a "feeling." Rather, the istikhara is a prayer that Allah guide you towards that which is best (khayr) for you. If you do the prayer of guidance (istikhara) with the proper manners, the most important of which is to truly consign the matter to Allah and suspend your own inclinations, then Allah will make events unfold in the direction that is the best for your worldly and next-worldly affairs.

In general, when it is not possible to perform the istikhara prayer itself (such as when one is out on the road, or in one's menstrual period), it is recommended to simply read the dua itself. [Radd al-Muhtar]

The istikhara prayer may be made for a specific matter or be made for a general seeking of all that is best. Some scholars, including Imam Abd al-Wahhab al-Sha`rani and Ibn `Arafah before him saw this kind of istikhara prayer as being superior. Others, including Shaykh Ibn al-Arabi, recommended performing a general istikhara prayer for all that is good every day, ideally at the time of the Duha prayer (after sunrise).

Imam al-Nawawi mentioned that before the istikhara prayer, one should seek advice (istishara) from those whose knowledge, wisdom, and concern one is confident. Ibn Hajar al-Haytami and others mentioned that one of the benefits of this is to further distance oneself from the desires of one's own egotistic inclinations.

It is recommended to open the dua of istikhara [below], with praise of Allah and sending blessings on the Prophet (Allah bless him & give him peace), and to close it in this manner, too.

It is disliked to 'hasten' in seeking the answer to one's istikhara, like other duas, because the Prophet (Allah bless him & give him peace) said, "Your prayers are answered, unless you hasten, saying, 'I prayed, but no answer came.'"

One should be pleased with what Allah chooses for one, and not seek to follow one's whims after the answer to one's supplication becomes clear.

According to a traditional report transmitted on the authority of Muhammad ibn al-Munkadir, it was Jabir ibn 'Abdi'llah (may Allah be well pleased with him and with his father) who said:

"Allah's Messenger (Allah bless him and give him peace) used to teach us how to seek guidance in choosing the best option available in a practical enterprise [al-istikhara fi 'l-amr], just as he would sometimes teach us a Chapter [Sura] from the Qur'an. :

"'If one of you is concerned about some practical undertaking, or about making plans for a journey, he should perform two cycles of ritual prayer [rak'atain], not as an obligatory observance [farida], but voluntarily. After the prayer/salah is over, he should say (this is the actual supplication for Istikhara):

'"O Allah, I ask You to show me what is best, through Your knowledge, and I ask You to empower me, through Your power, and I beg You to grant me Your tremendous favor, for You have power, while I am without power, and You have knowledge, while I am without knowledge, and You are the One who knows all things invisible.

Allahumma inni astakhiru-ka bi-'ilmi-ka wa astaqdiru-ka bi-qudrati-ka wa as'alu-ka min fadli-ka 'l-'azim fa-inna-ka taqdiru wa la aqdiru wa ta'lamu wa la a'lamu wa Anta 'Allamu 'l-ghuyub :

O Allah, if You know that this (you can be specific here) undertaking is in the best interests of my religion, my life in this world, and my life in the Hereafter, and can yield successful results in both the short term and the long term, then make it possible for me and make it easy for me, and then bless me in it.

Allahumma in kunta ta'lamu anna hadha 'l-amra khairun li fi dini wa dunyaya wa akhirati wa 'aqibati amri wa 'ajili-hi wa ajili-h :fa-'qdir-hu li wa yassir-hu li thumma barik li fi-h :

If not, then turn it away from me, and make it easy for me to do well, wherever I may happen to be, and make me content with Your verdict, O Most Merciful of the merciful.'"

wa illa fa-'srif-hu 'an-ni wa yassir liya 'l-khaira haithu kana ma kuntu wa raddi-ni bi-qada'i-ka ya Arhama 'r-rahimin :

Asalaamu alaikum wr wb,

I need to know if I can make istikhara salah by saying the dua in english. Can I also say it in english and say what I want to say without repeating the memorized duaa?

Jazakumallahu khair........
    Reflect on the work of art and you may attain to the artist.
    - Shaykh Abdul Qadir Jilani

ŃĎ : How to make Istikhara prayer

another reminder for the believers
    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Re: How to make Istikhara prayer

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Asalaamu alaikum wr wb,

I need to know if I can make istikhara salah by saying the dua in english. Can I also say it in english and say what I want to say without repeating the memorized duaa?

Jazakumallahu khair........

I wish someone could reply to this question, I have the same question, Jazakallah'khair
    Smile ツ It doesn't cost you

Find me ► Faceboook | Twitter | Google+| Blog

Odan

The Dua doesn't have to be memorised. You Pray 2 Units (Rakats) and you say the dua after the salah - you may read it from the "Fotress of the Muslim" dua book- this book will have it in Arabic/ and English transliteration - latin script if you can't pronounce/read the Arabic.

This has been discussed here: http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...t=#post4676637

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by Ebony View Post
    * Bismillahi-r-Rahmani-r-Raheem *
    Assalamu 'alaikum.

The following is from the book "Selected Prayers" compiled by Dr. Jamal Badawi.

When seeking guidance in decision-making (Istikharah)

Allahomma Inni Astakheeroka Bi3ilmik. Wa'astaqdiroka Biqodratik. Wa'as'aloka min Fadlikal3azeem. Fa'innaka Taqdiru Wala Aqdir. Wata3lamo Wala-a3lam. Wa'anta-3allamul ghuyoob.

Allahomma In Kunta Ta3lamu Anna (Hathal-Amra) Khayul-lee Fi Deenee Wama3ashi Wa3ajila Amri Wa'ajilah, Faqdorho lee, Wayassirho lee, Thomma-barik lee fih.

Wa'in Konta Ta3lamo Anna (Hathal-Amra) sharrul-lee Fi Deenee. Wama3ashi. Wa3ajila Amri. Wa'ajilaho. Fasrifho 3annee. Wasrifnee 3anh. Waqdur leyal-khayr Haytho kan. Thomma ardini Bih.

Translation of du'a:

O Allah! I seek Your guidance (in making a choice) by virtue of Your knowledge, and I seek ability by virtue of Your power, and I ask You of Your great bounty. You have power, I have none. And You know, I know not. You are the Knower of hidden things.

O Allah! If in Your knowledge, (this matter) is good for my religion, my livelihood and my affairs; immediate and in the distant, then ordain for me, make it easy for me and bless it for me. And if in Your knolwedge, (this matter) is bad for my religion, my livelihood and my affairs; immediate and in the distant, then turn it away from me, and turn me away from it. And ordain for me the good wherever it be and make me pleased with it.

Notes:

1. The above du'a is to be recited when there is uncertainty about the advisability of taking a decision, provided it is Islamically permissable.

2. After performing wudu' (ablution), one should offer two rakahs (sunnah required for this purpose).

3. Before receiting the dua' it should be made sure that the person is not already inclined to a given decision; otherwise it will mean the person is not serious about seeking guidance from Allah (SWT).

4. In making this dua' the actual matter or decision concerning which divine guidance is being sought should be mentioned instead of the words (Hathal Amra) in trasnliteration or the words "this matter" in the translation above.

5. After reciting the dua' (immediately or later on), one may feel more favorably disposed toward one choice or the other.

***************** End of Excerpt ***************************

Salatul Istekharah From The Book Fiqh Us-Sunnah By As-Sayyid Sabiq
    It is a sunnah that, if one must choose between permissible alternatives, one should pray two rak'as sunnah, be they regular sunnah prayers or a prayer for entering a mosque, and so on, during any time of the day or night, and to recite therein whatever one wishes of the Qu'ran after reciting Al-Fatiha. Then one should praise Allah and send salutations to the Prophet, peace be upon him, and recite the following supplication which has been recorded by Bukhari in Jabir's narration:"The Prophet, peace be upon him, would teach us al-Istikharah for all of our affairs as he would teach us a surah of the Qu'ran. He said 'if one of you is deliberating over an act, he should pray two rak'ahs and say:

"O Allah, I consult You as You are All-Knowing and I appeal to You to give me power as You are Omnipotent, I ask You for Your great favor, for You have power and I do not, and You know all of the hidden matters. O Allah! If you know that this matter (then mention it) is good for me in my religion, my livlihood, and for my life in the Hereafter (or he said 'for my present and future life') then ordain it for me, make it (easy) for me and bless it for me. And if You know that this matter is bad for my religion, my livlihood and my life in the Hereafter (or he said 'for my present and future life') then turn it away from me and turn me away from it and ordain the good for me wherever it be and make me be pleased with it."

There is nothing authentic concerning anything specific that is to be recited in the prayer nor is there any authentic report concerning how many times one should repeat it.

An-Nawawi holds that "after performing the istikhara, a person must do what he is wholeheartedly inclined to do and feels good about doing and should not insist on doing what he has desired to do before making the istikhara. And if his feelings change, he should leave what he had intended to do, otherwise he is not completely leaving the choice of Allah, and would not be honest in seeking aid from Allah's power and knowledge. Sincerity in seeking Allah's choice means that one should completely leave what one oneself desired or determined."

http://members.lycos.co.uk/Shax2/islam/muslimwomen.html
    Quote Originally Posted by AbuMubarak View Post

Answer:

See attached answer(s).

Salam,
    the dua of istikhara is slightly different in each of the above posts, the ending is different, which is more authentic or are both versions found in the hadith?

Quote Originally Posted by 777 View Post
    Asalaamu alaikum wr wb,

I need to know if I can make istikhara salah by saying the dua in english.
    Allah does understand English you know !

Sorry, couldn't resist !

You can doing dua any language , ALLAH know all , But Arabic best in ALL
    If you want to Learn Quran check here

LOL.....I always recite the istikharaa dua in my native language or in English and 99% answered!

I rarely have to repeat istikharaa, it's mostly answered after the first shalaah. But in several cases, you can repeat to ask more clarity. I got answers from "gut feelings" and "sudden knowing" -- but other people got it from dream.

"Place the light in my soul and make light abundant for me.
    Make me light and grant me light.” (Sahih Muslim)