Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Hadeeth Class, Ash-Shamaa'ilul Muhammadiyyah Monday 8:30PM GMT (9:30pm BST) skype: ummahradio Show Details here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Thread: Garlic

Garlic

Thum - Garlic

Garlic is hot and dry, and in the third degree. It makes wind disappear. A paste made from it blisters the skin. Eating garlic is beneficial after a change in drinking water. It also precipitates menstruation and helps to expel the afterbirth - but it causes headaches and harms the eyesight.

It has been related that the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said."O'Ali, eat garlic - and were it not for my being visited by the angel of Allah (Jibril), I would eat it myself." And 'Ali, may Allah be pleased with him, said, "The Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, advised against eating garlic except when cooked."

Garlic is very good for cold temperaments, for those who are phlegmatic, and for those who have palsy, but it dries up semen. It makes wind disappear, relieves pains caused by the colds, and acts like an antidote for bites. A paste made from it is very good for treating animal bites and scorpion stings. It is also used to remove leeches from the throat, as well as having many other uses,

Anas has transmitted the hadith, "Whoever eats of this vegetable should not enter our mosques." This hadith has also been transmitted by al-Bukhari.

Rue neutralises the smell of garlic.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zanjabil - Ginger

Ginger is mentioned in the Qur'an:

And there they are given a drink from a cup in which there is a mixture of Zanjabil. (Qur'an:76.17)

Ginger is hot and dry in the third degree, and dry in the second. It contains an excess of wetness. It helps the digestion, stimulates sexual intercourse, and dissolves wind. If turpeth is too weak when used as a purge, or if there is oedema, then its strength is increased by adding ginger to it. It also makes thick phlegm more fluid. Confections made with ginger soothe the stomach. It helps in old age.

It has been reported by Abu Sa'id that a Byzantine emperor once gave a jar of ginger to the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, who made all of his companions eat a piece of it, may Allah be pleased with them.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thalaj - Snow or Ice

Snow is bad for both the stomach and the liver, especially for those who are weak. Eating snow makes a person thirsty because it absorbs heat.

As salaamu alaikum brother Sajid...now we are talking my language

I just wanted to add a few things to your very thorough information of garlic and ginger....

Garlic is very good for high blood pressure. It has a compound in it that helps the blood flow more freely and reduce the incidence of clots. Also, it is very good when combined raw (and slightly crushed) with olive oil for infected ears. *You put the crushed clove of garlic and olive oil in a mortar and pestle and crush them together and strain it through a piece of clean cotton to catch the garlic bits. The oil that has been strained can be warmed little bit and dropped about two drops into the effected ear. One more thing, garlic is one of the best things for high cholesterol...only thing is that you must eat it raw, or at least soak it in olive oil to soften it and take away the pungent taste, then eat....

Ginger is one of the best remedies for nausea and one of the best oils to help improve circulation. It also warms the body internally and externally when applied through massaging into the skin and also is very good when combined with essential oil of orange to rub into the skin when one suffers with the cold. AND, it is one of the best digestive stimulants and it is often used as a carminative when one suffers with intestinal gas....

*brother Sajid, I have to admit, this bird's head avatar scares me...I liked your food ones better wasalaam sis M.
    Please Re-update your Signature

Angel of UMMAH
    Salaam,
    Garlic YUCK, i hate the smell it gets everywhere,
    but it does make the dinner smell and taste nice.
    Please Re-update your Signature