Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Thread: Big bun Hijab

Big bun Hijab

I'm not sure if it is actually prohibited, but is it sinful to wear a hijab with a big bun?
    Many women argue over this, but I don't know who to believe, because they don't refer to anything from the Quruan.

Re: Big bun Hijab

It was reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There are two types of the people of Hell that I have not seen yet: men with whips like the tails of cattle, with which they strike the people, and women who are clothed yet naked, walking with an enticing gait, with something on their heads that looks like the humps of camels, leaning to one side. They will never enter Paradise or even smell its fragrance, although its fragrance can be detected from such and such a distance.” (Narrated by Ahmad and by Muslim in al-Saheeh)

I think that if you place your hijab with a bun underneath it does resemble a camel and I would seriously keep away from it inshAllah.

So does that exclude small buns or is it buns all together?

I really think it would be buns all together..because even a small bun you will look like you have a camel hump...

InshAllah you can do other things to make youself look good

Im not going to post any images, but the Khaleeji/dubai style of wrapping the shayla is probably more relevant to looking like a camel, where it has been known that they make the "bump" on the head larger but adding addtional layers of wrapping to the actual hijab etc. Google it. There are lots of youtube tutorials on this too

If you have long hair, there really is not much you can do about it.

Perhaps, plait/pony tail it, but then sometimes that not appropriate. Or do a low bun at the nape of your neck. But even if you have a big bun, with long hair, it no ways ressembles the style, where the "hump" in the hijab is clearly more defined and artificial.
    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

Revive A Sunnah

The Qur'an Club !!

أليس الله بِكَافٍ عَبْدَه fisabilillah's Avatar

It is sinful to have a big high up bun, that resembles the camel hump as mentioned in the hadeeth.

Even if someone has long hair, it's not a reason or a justification to have a big, prominent bun. Sisters can plait their hair, and put it under their abayah so that it doesn't stick out from under their hijab.

Personally, I think camel bun look is revolting-I honestly don't understand how some people find it attractive.

Jennica- You're right, and some even go to the extent of adding extensions to make the hair seem more than it is from under the hijab. :s
    قال بعض السلف :
    خلق الله الملائكة عقولاً بلا شهوة ، وخلق البهائم شهوة بلا عقول، وخلق ابن آدم وركب فيه العقل والشهوة ، فمن غلب عقله شهوته التحق بالملائكة ، ومن غلبت شهوته عقله التحق بالبهائم .

http://saaid.net/

Quote Originally Posted by fisabilillah View Post
    Even if someone has long hair, it's not a reason or a justification to have a big, prominent bun. Sisters can plait their hair, and put it under their abayah so that it doesn't stick out from under their hijab.
    Or, just plait your hair and then bun it and then clip it up

or........yeah.
    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

Revive A Sunnah

The Qur'an Club !!

.................................................. ............ .................................................. .................................

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyMuslim View Post
    Lol, this sorta was in the back of my head ... is that what the hadith is referring to(hijab buns)? It seems to be describing a whole bunch of characteristics together. Can someone post a scholarly sharh of the hadith please? I think this might be mentioned in the Book of the End by Ibn Kathir where he compiled all the prophecies of the Prophet Muhammad pbuh. Haven't read it yet tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkpink View Post
    It was reported that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There are two types of the people of Hell that I have not seen yet: men with whips like the tails of cattle, with which they strike the people, and women who are clothed yet naked, walking with an enticing gait, with something on their heads that looks like the humps of camels, leaning to one side. They will never enter Paradise or even smell its fragrance, although its fragrance can be detected from such and such a distance.” (Narrated by Ahmad and by Muslim in al-Saheeh)
    I do my best to avoid putting hair in buns under headscarf just because of this hadeeth but it can be challenging if you have plaited hair longer than the headscarf can cover so in this case I think you can put it in a very low bun in a way that people can't tell it's a bun.

You can easily tell when someone has layered or added extra to the bun because some of the sisters have HUGE lumps at the back of their heads lol. Sorry but it looks ridiculous and ghastly.

You can still have a bun but its not that accentuated when just wrap the scarf around it. I have thick hair and tie it just below my neck and it there is a slight bump but it doesnt look artificial.

Some sisters do like this and look like aliens (sorry but it does kinda remind me of that)

BROTHERS: DO NOT WATCH!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbazjpeqvL4

Quote Originally Posted by Russo View Post
    Some sisters do like this and look like aliens (sorry but it does kinda remind me of that)

That is the Camel Hump...straight up!!

i dnt think it's haram to wear a bun but ^doing this is deffo haraam

Aliens!
    Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
    Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

WOW that was video was def different

Yes, cos of that hump thing :/ ....personally, i think it looks retarded!

I Sincerly HATE These Hair Styles

I Call Them Afro Hijaabs
    And He found you lost and guided you,
    ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight.
    " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
    ~ Quran 1:6 ~

Quote Originally Posted by Russo View Post

This is SO Wrong

Salaah Reminders

SubhanAllah, it's so true that Allah's Laws indeed honour us and look what happens when we fall short of meeting them, it's just plain weird.
    " and never think of those who have been killed in the cause of Allah as dead. rather, they are alive with their Lord, receiving provision " ['Al Imran:169]

"Their souls are in the insides of green birds having lanterns suspended from the Throne, roaming freely in Paradise where they please, then taking shelter in those lanterns." [Muslim]

"and because of Ramadan we made it longer for better coverage" OMG. That's just ridiculous! And it really doesn't look attractive.. The sick thing is that they actually made those little puffy things to stick onto your hair for more volume... Which goes completely AGAINST the whole idea of wearing a hijab..
    :|

islam is the way of life LiveIslam's Avatar

I wonder how they keep their head up, and don't they get hot with lots of wrap and scarf
    'Whenever I remember that day.......I think Allah will never forgive me---- and I faint'
    Sa'eed Ibn Amir (ra)

Quote Originally Posted by BeautyWithin View Post
    "and because of Ramadan we made it longer for better coverage" OMG. That's just ridiculous! And it really doesn't look attractive.. The sick thing is that they actually made those little puffy things to stick onto your hair for more volume... Which goes completely AGAINST the whole idea of wearing a hijab..
    :|

I agree

Salaah Reminders

الإسلام هو الحياة sis_on_sunnah's Avatar

when i went to umrah last year, i had a tiny bun because i keep getting paranoid that if i keep my hair in a ponytail it will show...anyway, in the haram a saudi woman who was sat next to me was like 'la yajuz ya'3nee, haraam!' and back then i didnt know any arabic except haram so im thinking 'whats haram man'! LOL. and she's looking at me probbly thinking am arab cus i had niqab on and i was trying to figure out what she said...anyway she pointed to my bun and i took it off! after that, no way!! i aint ever gna wear any bun! i got well scared lol
    http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Quote Originally Posted by Jenicca View Post
    Im not going to post any images, but the Khaleeji/dubai style of wrapping the shayla is probably more relevant to looking like a camel, where it has been known that they make the "bump" on the head larger but adding addtional layers of wrapping to the actual hijab etc. Google it. There are lots of youtube tutorials on this too

If you have long hair, there really is not much you can do about it.

Perhaps, plait/pony tail it, but then sometimes that not appropriate. Or do a low bun at the nape of your neck. But even if you have a big bun, with long hair, it no ways ressembles the style, where the "hump" in the hijab is clearly more defined and artificial.

That is soooooo true! Almost every other girl in the UAE (dont know about other gulf countries) wears a huge "hump" under her scarf these days It looks terrible! And there's a wide range of hair accessories in the market here especially manufactured to *pump up* the hump
    This "fashion" has spread to countries like Pakistan as well. Most of my relatives practice it

May Allah keep us away from falling for these wordly temptations.
    "For, Believers are those who, when Allah is mentioned, feel a tremor in their hearts, and when they hear His signs rehearsed, find their faith strengthened, and put (all) their trust in their Lord..."
    Noble Quran 8:2

Ameen

Salaah Reminders

Account Disabled

all buns???!!?

I have long hair, I kInda HAVE to put it in a bun. See, I put my bun low so it doesn't create that " modern camel hijab look" .... But all buns! I think will be just a tad bit difficult....

Have It Low Sister Close To Your Neck But not On Your Head Like A Camel Hump.

Also i heard That Hadith Refers To Swaying Like A Camel

So Sisters Dont Strut Like Your On A run Away hehe

Salaah Reminders

I need to cut my hair anyway. LOL
    Please Re-update your Signature

...اللهم أحفظ لنا قلوبنا whisperofimaan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by alhamdoulilah View Post
    all buns???!!?

I have long hair, I kInda HAVE to put it in a bun. See, I put my bun low so it doesn't create that " modern camel hijab look" .... But all buns! I think will be just a tad bit difficult....
    I keep mine as a bun at the bottom too... its either that or im sure something i dont want to happen will happen..
    but those buns and all those layers seriously look ridiculous... like seriously... subhanAllah
    الحق لا يعرف بالرجال، اعرف الحق تعرف رجاله