Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Account Disabled

Sleeping with what your right hand possesses (slave girl)

A troll on this forum started a thread with opening post:

Okay, as everyone says these days, there is a lot of misunderstanding in Islam, and mistranslations in the Quran.

If anyone can explain, what I do not get is, why they say it is permissible to have sex with slaves? Isn't that zina? I would rather not even know if my husband is sleeping around then to let him have sex with 20 slaves right in my home. Seriously, is that LOGIC or what? It doesn't even sound Islamic yet that's what Scholars claim. Islam is the most beautiful and purest religion which gives rights to both, not allow men to treat women like objects.

I think either scholars or someone is not explaining things properly here. Read this islam qa for example: http://www.islam-qa.com/en/ref/10382

That is utterly disgusting. From what I read "slaves whom your right hand possesses" is actually mistranslated, and it means that "an oath that you have took" ie: to protect the slaves.

If islam supposedly allowed sex with slaves without marriage, and up to 4 wives, but you can have as many as slaves as you want, what's the point in that? wouldnt the slave women's children become ...... illegitimate children? Islam strongly commands a man and woman to do a waleema for their nikah so everyone will know they are married and will not gossip or talk. This is to show their marriage is legitimate, so whats the deal with imams claiming men can impregnant slaves? Then that is CLEARLY zina....
    People if they believe they are Muslims, shouldn't act like big-mouths. They must not believe that they are the only ones who are intelligent, and others are not. If something doesn't make sense to us, it doesn't mean that thing is baseless or lacks sense, perhaps we are not able to understand that, maybe we lack common sense or intelligence.

Re: Sleeping with what your right hand possesses (slave girl)

and the response i was considering something that would refute him , not a rant.

Tafsir Al-Jalalayn.

...and who guard their private parts, against what is unlawful, except from their spouses, that is, to their spouses, and what [slaves] their right hands possess, that is, concubines, for then they are not blameworthy, in having sexual intercourse with them.|Al-Muminun:5-6|

Narrated Al-Ma'rur: At Ar-Rabadha I met Abu Dhar who was wearing a cloak, and his slave, too, was wearing a similar one. I asked about the reason for it. He replied, "I abused a person by calling his mother with bad names." The Prophet said to me, 'O Abu Dhar! Did you abuse him by calling his mother with bad names You still have some characteristics of ignorance. Your slaves are your brothers and Allah has put them under your command. So whoever has a brother under his command should feed him of what he eats and dress him of what he wears. Do not ask them (slaves) to do things beyond their capacity (power) and if you do so, then help them.' "

(Book #2, Hadith #29 - Bukhari)
    Last edited by .mirror.; 11-03-11 at 09:08 PM.
    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.
    وَقَالَ رَبُّكُمُ ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ

We need to understand that slaves back then isn't what he think of slaves now. Maybe, during Jahiliyyah, slaves were mistreated, but Islam gave slaves so many rights, as if they weren't slaves at all. You can tell from the haidth above.
    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.

so if i had around 50 slave girls , then i can have intercourse with any1 of them?

Yes, I know the focus here is on sex, and the world that we live in today compels us to do this, however, slaves were more than people you'd have intercourse with.
    Bilal Ibn Rabah al Habashi (RA) was a slave and you know what happened to him.
    Last edited by .mirror.; 11-03-11 at 09:18 PM.