Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Tafseer Class, Tafseer Ibn Katheer, Saturday 6:30pm GMT (7:30pm BST/GMT+1) skype: ummahradio Show Details here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

+ Reply to Thread

Free counselling service for muslim women

www.wwags.org women worshipping Allah support group, qualified councillors to help via email, phone or face to face or blackberry, image therapy, confidence workshops and more. also find on facebook and contact through facebook or khaleda@wwags.org

Recipes for all the family
    (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

islam4u5
    Guests

Re: Free counselling service for muslim women

Quote Originally Posted by naila-k View Post
    www.wwags.org women worshipping Allah support group, qualified councillors to help via email, phone or face to face or blackberry, image therapy, confidence workshops and more. also find on facebook and contact through facebook or khaleda@wwags.org
    Salaam,

Even though the about us page on that website focuses on helping a woman build their confidence, I hope that this is merely just the first step for wwags initiative and plan. As you know judging by the threads created by Sisters here in the UK that they are from a diverse background and cultures. Some problems they face are unfortunately living with Jahil, nationalistic and cultural parents whereby Islamic teachings are thrown out the window to some New Muslims Sisters who need general guidance about basic Islamic practises and how they should convey their new way of life to their parents who may take a disliking to their new way of life.

It is councilling on these matters which I see threads created here every other day and these are more valuable than a simple how to build your self esteem councilling which wwags initiative "seems" to be based on.

But as I mentioned I hope insh'Allah that it's only the initial stage and that it grows to offer better councilling to issues which often get swept under the carpet.

Is it your website btw?