Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Tafseer Class, Tafseer Ibn Katheer, Saturday 7:30pm GMT (8:30pm BST/GMT+1) skype: ummahradio Show Details here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Account Disabled

Innovators Doing "Nothing But Good Deeds" ***A MUST READ***

As we know we r prohibited from praying any nafl salaah during the fajr time...

Below is a beautiful refutation of those innovators who say "we are only doing good deeds".

Al-Baihaqi and others reported through an authentic chain of narrators traced back to Saīd Ibn Al-Musayyab that the latter saw a man doing Salāt after dawn break more than two Rakahs, doing long Rukū and long Sujūd. Saīd ordered him not to do Nāfilah after dawn break.

The man wondered: Would Allāh (swt) punish me for performing Nāfilah??. Saīd clarified: No, but for violating the prophets (saw) Sunnah. (1)

Indeed, Saīd Ibn Al-Musayyab set a magnificently powerful way of dealing with those who practice Bidah considering it a righteous act of worship and condemning Ahlus Sunnah for their rejection to their practice claiming that they reject doing Nāfilah and reciting Thikr!! Indeed, Ahlus Sunnah reject all that which contradicts the prophets () Sunnah. (2)

Footnotes:

(1) Narratted by:Abdir Razzāq in Al-Musannaf (no. 4755), Ad-Dārimī in As- Sunnan (vol. 1 / p. 116), Muhammad Ibn Nasr in Qiyāmul Lail (p. 46) and Al- Baihaqī in As-Sunnan Al-Kubrā (vol. 2 / p. 466).

(2) Irwāul Galīl (vol. 2 / p. 236).

Re: Innovators Doing "Nothing But Good Deeds" ***A MUST READ***

Ibne Umar's innovation in Talbia

Muslim Book 007, Number 2667/8

'Abdullah b. 'Umar (ra) reported that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) entered upon the state of Ihram near the mosque at Dhu'l-Hulaifa as his camel stood by it and he said: Here I am at Thy service, O Lord; here I am at Thy service: here I am at Thy service. There is no associate with Thee. Here I am at Thy service. All praise and grace is due to Thee and the sovereignty (too). There is no associate with Thee. They (the people) said that 'Abdullah b. 'Umar said that that was the Talbiya of the Messenger of Allah (saw). Nafi' said: 'Abdullah (Allah be pleased with him) made this addition to it: Here I am at Thy service; here I am at Thy service; ready to obey Thee. The Good is in Thy Hand. Here I am at Thy service. Unto Thee is the petition and deed (is also for Thee

So according to Ibnal Musayib r.a. ibn Umar also sinned for not doing sunnah ? is that your Qiyas ?

Account Disabled

no, thats YOUR qiyaas based upon YOUR ignorance, and lack of knowledge of the usool.

An addition from the sahaabah is considered marfoo' when it is something which he could not have come up with on his own accord...

You obviously, u never knew that...

P.s, ur smiling is just too babyish. Grow up...

alfi salella alel madani ahmed_abdullah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TheAuthenticBase View Post
    Al-faqeer plz dont smile when u comment, it shows pure arrogance...

P.s by restating ur silly arguments, u r just showing every how ignorant and stubborn u r to LEARN...
    May i know the name of your shaykh?

From whom you got the permission to preach Islam by the usage of ahadith and Quran texts?

A reminder.

Again a reminder
    صلى الله على حبيبه محمد و على آله و أصحابه و سلم
    Al-Muslimeen

no, thats YOUR qiyaas based upon YOUR ignorance, and lack of knowledge of the usool.

An addition from the sahaabah is considered marfoo' when it is something which he could not have come up with on his own accord...

You obviously, u never knew that...

P.s, ur smiling is just too babyish. Grow up...
    I like smiling mate , especailly since i know how to use the smilies in the correct places eh ?

He came up with it on his own accord :

So its bidah hasanah

like this even during the lifetime of the prophet

[Bukhari Volume 1, Book 12, Number 764: ]
    Narrated Rifa'a bin Rafi AzZuraqi:
    One day we were praying behind the Prophet. When he raised his head from bowing, he said, "Sami'a-l-lahu Liman hamida." A man behind him said, "Rabbana walaka-l hamd hamdan Kathiran taiyiban mubarakan fihi" (O our Lord! All the praises are for You, many good and blessed praises). When the Prophet completed the prayer...he asked, "Who has said these words?" The man replied, "I." The Prophet said, "I saw over thirty angels competing to write it first." Prophet rose (from bowing) and stood straight till all the vertebrae of his spinal column came to a natural position

Go get a religios education mate . You gonna wish you never debated here .

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by ahmed_abdullah View Post
    May i know the name of your shaykh?

From whom you got the permission to preach Islam by the usage of ahadith and Quran texts?

A reminder.

Again a reminder
    I answer u from 4 angles:

1) my shaykh is a student of shyakh mashoor hasan aal-salmaan
    2) ur question posed only to me shows ur partisanship in not asking it to other members who don't oppose ur innovated stance.
    3) i ask the same question 2 u 9who is ur shaykh - just interested)
    4) ALL my points r backed by trustworthy scholars of the ummah

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by al faqeer View Post
    I like smiling mate , especailly since i know how to use the smilies in the correct places eh ?

So its bidah hasanah

One day we were praying behind the Prophet. When he raised his head from bowing, he said, "Sami'a-l-lahu Liman hamida." A man behind him said, "Rabbana walaka-l hamd hamdan Kathiran taiyiban mubarakan fihi" (O our Lord! All the praises are for You, many good and blessed praises). When the Prophet completed the prayer...he asked, "Who has said these words?" The man replied, "I." The Prophet said, "I saw over thirty angels competing to write it first." Prophet rose (from bowing) and stood straight till all the vertebrae of his spinal column came to a natural position

Ummm... the prophet (saw) approved of that sahaabhas action! DUH!

P.s, yes i do wish i never debated here , bcz i see the ignorance of some ppl. may Allaah guide u and ur internet 'shaykh'...

im out...

Account Disabled

So its bidah hasanah

Ummm... the prophet (saw0 approved of that sahaabhas acrtion! DUH!

P.s, yes i do wish i never debated here , bcz i see the ignorance of some ppl. may Allaah guide u and ur internet 'shaykh'

im out... got better things 2 do then argue with some kids...

P.s, yes i do wish i never debated here , bcz i see the ignorance of some ppl. may Allaah guide u and ur internet 'shaykh'

im out...
    Bro we agree to disagree , lets post more positive stuff and lose this argument .

Up to you .

شهيد إن شاء الله

bro, let me advise you on somtghing.

your debating agaist one person whose skull is thicker then a rams. he will ask for a mountain of daleel, but if you ever ask him for some, he will never bring it. its a possibility that he is just a very good troll. so debating with him is pointless, because as the saying goes, when debating with an idiot, what he will do is drag you to his level, and then beat you with experience, and then that makes you more of an idiot then him. so let him soak in his own thoughts about whatever.

the other one is a belrevi, who wants to go visit a piirs grave. i think that says enough.
    And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

2) ur question posed only to me shows ur partisanship in not asking it to other members who don't oppose ur innovated stance.
    Shaykh masnoor hasan aal- salmaan? The student of Al-abani?
    Al-Muslimeen

So you think hadeeths are not daleel eh Uncle U .

are you a quranite now eh ?

شهيد إن شاء الله

and once again your personality is shining though.

fear Allah, before asertaining that i am a kaffir.

i just find it funny that you ask for a ijma on everything, but you yourself will never answer the call to bring scholaraly evidence.
    And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

sponsor an orphan

1.Did your shaykh who is the student of shaykh masnoor hasan aal salman who is the student of shaykh al-abani, ever gave you permission to give your apprehensions on the ahadith or rather gave you the permission to preach Islam by the usage of ahadith?

In short, do you have ijjazah?

4.Al-abani is not even backed by trustworthy scholars as he stated many scholars wrong on his own creed.So I don't think I would ever agree that you are backed by trustworthy scholar.Even your al-abani is nothing in front of Imam ibn kathir rahimullah alai or rather Imam bukhari rahimullah alai or rather Imam muslim rahimulllah alai.
    Al-Muslimeen

Quote Originally Posted by uncle umar View Post
    and once again your personality is shining though.

fear Allah, before asertaining that i am a kaffir.

i just find it funny that you ask for a ijma on everything, but you yourself will never answer the call to bring scholaraly evidence.
    You see , i gave you classical scholars who categorized bidah into two , and when i did , you were no where to be found .

So is that my problem , or is you sitting behind your keyboard with a mouth full of teeth , in a typing sense .

want to do some salsa with me on bidah , best man wins

Quote Originally Posted by noobz View Post
    salsa in our local arabic means tamatoe paste

It is a clear example of the way the Sahaba thought, The Prophet time and time again made it clear that every innovation is misguidance right? Yet they still did practices that were not done by the Prophet and when the Prophet was made aware of these practices he did not reject them rather he accepted them, why because the practices did not negate anything from the Quran and Sunnah.

If on the other hand the Sahaba had the thought of mind that you had, then they would never have even considered doing something the Prophet did not do.

So as per your understanding every action that was done during the life time of the Prophet by the Sahaba was by default accepted? If this is the case then was there no such thing as Bid'a during that time? If so why did the Prophet emphasise it time and time again?

Anyway regarding the first post, who said you can pray Nawafil at Fajr time anyway? This is a case of a Innovation as it contradicts something from the Sunnah.

شهيد إن شاء الله

You see , i gave you classical scholars who categorized bidah into two , and when i did , you were no where to be found .

So is that my problem , or is you sitting behind your keyboard with a mouth full of teeth , in a typing sense .

where your ijma though?

categorized bidah into two
    bidah of aqeedah is the bad bidah.

bidah of fiqh is bad bidah

bidah of how to run the state is ok. this was shown by the salaf.

you dont see salaf changing aqeedah or fiqh, or even ibadah. if celebrating the prophet pbuh birday was an act of ibadah then the sahabah would have dont it the most and would have done it better then people do now.

but they dident. why? because its not an act of ibadah. to belive that its an ibdahah is bidah, its a bidah of aqeedah in that case. to say that its part of islam is a bidah of fiqh.

its quite simple.

so dont take imam shafii's words out of context please.

like i said, fear Allah, and keep pointless comments to yourself, like this one:

those kind of comments serve no purpose, and only play into the hands of shaytan.

and you will have to answer for that.

so i suggest you fear Allah.

sponsor an orphan

Quote Originally Posted by Sunni Student View Post
    It is a clear example of the way the Sahaba thought, The Prophet time and time again made it clear that every innovation is misguidance right? Yet they still did practices that were not done by the Prophet and when the Prophet was made aware of these practices he did not reject them rather he accepted them, why because the practices did not negate anything from the Quran and Sunnah.

If on the other hand the Sahaba had the thought of mind that you had, then they would never have even considered doing something the Prophet did not do.

So as per your understanding every action that was done during the life time of the Prophet by the Sahaba was by default accepted? If this is the case then was there no such thing as Bid'a during that time? If so why did the Prophet emphasise it time and time again?

Anyway regarding the first post, who said you can pray Nawafil at Fajr time anyway? This is a case of a Innovation as it contradicts something from the Sunnah.
    It does not seem that is what he was saying so why are you assuming so? Every one knows that the Prophet (saw) did not approve EVERY action that was initiated by the Sahabis (ra). Some he (saw) approved and some he corrected them.
    The Messenger (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) warned: "Whoever innovates or accommodates an innovator then upon him is the curse of Allaah, His Angels and the whole of mankind." Bukhaaree and Muslim

شهيد إن شاء الله

if i remember correctly, the prophet pbuh said that he was worried about his followers worshiping him like the christians worship isa A.S.

christmas? milad? 2 different piles of poop, but they both smell the same to me.

why dont we just make a new word so we dont get confused over this anymore. chrislad? milmas? lets take a vote and see which one we like better.

sponsor an orphan

where your ijma though?

bidah of aqeedah is the bad bidah.

bidah of fiqh is bad bidah

bidah of how to run the state is ok. this was shown by the salaf.

you dont see salaf changing aqeedah or fiqh, or even ibadah. if celebrating the prophet pbuh birday was an act of ibadah then the sahabah would have dont it the most and would have done it better then people do now.

but they dident. why? because its not an act of ibadah. to belive that its an ibdahah is bidah, its a bidah of aqeedah in that case. to say that its part of islam is a bidah of fiqh.

its quite simple.

so dont take imam shafii's words out of context please.

like i said, fear Allah, and keep pointless comments to yourself, like this one:

those kind of comments serve no purpose, and only play into the hands of shaytan.

and you will have to answer for that.

so i suggest you fear Allah.
    Bidah of Aqeeedah ? now is that a joke or a commercail ?

By the way , i am not sure why you think i am only using Imam Shafie r.anhu statement only :

I use all these mate :

► Imam Muhammad Bin Idrees Bin Abbas Ash-Shafai (204 H)
    ►Imam Abu Abdullah Muhammad Bin Ahmad Al-Qurtabi (380 H)
    ►Imam Ali Bin Ahmad Ibn Hazm Al-Undalasi (456 H)
    ►Imam Abu Bakar Ahmad Bin Hussain Al-Bahaqi (458 H)
    ► Imam Abu Hamid Muhammad Bin Muhammad Al-Ghazali (505 H)
    ►Imam Abu Zakariya Muhai-ud-Din Bin Sharf An-Novavi (676 H)
    ► Imam Hafiz Imad-ud-Din Abu-ul-Fida Ismail Ibn-e-Kasir (774 H)
    ► Imam Abu Ishaq Ibrahim Bin Musa Ash-Shay’tabi (790 H)
    ► Imam Abd-ur-Rehman Bin Shahab-ud-Din Ibn Rajab Al-Hanbli (795 H)
    ► Imam Abu-ul-Fazal Ahmad Bin Ali Bin Muhammad Ibn-e-Hajar Asqlani (852 H)
    ► Imam Jalal-ud-Din Abdur-Rehman Bin Abu Bakar As-Suoti(911 H)
    ► Imam Abu-ul-Abbas Ahmad Bin Muhammad Shahab-ud-Din Al-Qustlani (923 H)
    ► Imam Ahmad Shahab-ud-Din Ibn-e-Hajar Al-Mecci Al-Haismi (974 H)
    ► Imam Mulla Ali Bin Sultan MuhammadMulla Al-Qari (1014 H)
    ► Sheikh Abdul Haq Muhadis Dehlvi (1052 H)
    ► Sheikh Muhammad Bin Ali Bin Muhammad Ash-Shokani (1255 H)
    ► Allama Shahab-ud-Din Syed Mahmood Aa’losi (1270 H)
    ► Nawab Sadiq Hassan Khan Bhopali (1307 H)
    ► Molana Shabir Ahmad Usmani (1369 H)

شهيد إن شاء الله

fine then, ignore what i said, it will not be my problem on the day of judgment.

nice wiki list.

still not an ijma.

ahaneefa brings more scholarly evidence to the table every time you 2 get into a debate. dont be a hipocrite call for an ijma when you can never bring one yourself.

sponsor an orphan

fine then, ignore what i said, it will not be my problem on the day of judgment.
    Bidah my uncle umar is a fiqhi issue 10000% it involved NOTHING concerning aqeedah period .

The Ironic thing is u mention Aqeedah

Show me where that word comes from In the Quran , Sunnah , Sahaabah , Salaf pls .

Ab Hurayrah relates that Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said: “Islam began strange, and it will become strange again just like it was at the beginning, so blessed are the strangers.” [Sahh Muslim (1/130)]

`Amr b. `Awf relates that Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him) said: “The religion will shrink back to the Hijz like the snake shrinks back into its hole. It will cling to the Hijz like the mountain goat clings to the mountaintop. The religion began strange, and it will become strange again just like it was at the beginning, so blessed are the strangers who restore what the people corrupt of my Sunnah.” [Sunan al-Tirmidh (#2630)] Al-Tirmidh grades it as good and authentic (hasan sahh).

`Abd Allah b. `Amr b. al-`As relates that Allah’s Messenger (peace be upon him), said one day when the Companions were with him: “Blessed are the strangers.” He was then asked: “Who are the strangers, O Messenger of Allah?” He replied: “They are righteous people among many evil people who disobey them more than they obey them.” [Musnad Ahmad (2/177 & 2/222) and Ibn al-Mubrak, Kitb al-Zuhd (#775 p. 267)]

Quote Originally Posted by noobz View Post
    Tomato.

I was thinking that too..

Do not think of minor sins as insignificant, for mountains are made out of pebbles.

شهيد إن شاء الله

you do know what aqeedah is, right?

sponsor an orphan

all this debating arguments accross the Muslim world is really saddening-
    People who are new Muslims, youth and generally Muslim get confused with X,Y,Z saying something different to another

with my friends and i, we now intend to keep our views on this to ourselves we say our point and stay quiet
    it creates bitterness and hardness in the heart between each other
    instead were like all learning tajweed and somehing different
    i visited a milad mehfil to check it out- and was listening to it and hearing all sides its only made me more confused

May Allah guide us along the straight path Ameen
    all of us, and seek truth for betterment in this life and the hereafter not just to prove a point InshAllah
    .................................................. ............ .................................................. .................................

Uncle umar what i know is not relevant .

answer me , show me the term aqeedah in the quran , Sunnah , sahaaba or salaf please .

شهيد إن شاء الله

im owrking my way up to that. but your going to have answer my question first, so that i know we are on the same page here.

you know what aqeedah is right? im assuming yes.

is that the right assumption?

sponsor an orphan

nice wiki list.

still not an ijma.

ahaneefa brings more scholarly evidence to the table every time you 2 get into a debate. dont be a hipocrite call for an ijma when you can never bring one yourself.
    I already said that there is no Ijmaa3 on bidah , its the hanbalis who cause the Ikhtilaaf .

I asked the question first you answer , other than that means you cant .

شهيد إن شاء الله

listen, we are not children. this isint about victory or defeat. we are not playing king of the hill. this isnt about me vs you.

i need to make sure that we are on the same page.

sponsor an orphan

is that also a dance routine? ...

listen, we are not children. this isint about victory or defeat. we are not playing king of the hill. this isnt about me vs you.

i need to make sure that we are on the same page.
    Here what do you think of this :

وَسُئِلَ - رَحِمَهُ اللَّهُ - :
    عَنْ عَوَامَّ فُقَرَاءَ يَجْتَمِعُونَ فِي مَسْجِدٍ يَذْكُرُونَ وَيَقْرَءُونَ شَيْئًا مِنْ الْقُرْآنِ ثُمَّ يَدْعُونَ وَيَكْشِفُونَ رُءُوسَهُمْ وَيَبْكُونَ وَيَتَضَرَّعُونَ وَلَيْسَ قَصْدُهُمْ مِنْ ذَلِكَ رِيَاءً وَلَا سُمْعَةً بَلْ يَفْعَلُونَهُ عَلَى وَجْهِ التَّقَرُّبِ إلَى اللَّهِ تَعَالَى فَهَلْ يَجُوزُ ذَلِكَ أَمْ لَا ؟
    فَأَجَابَ :
    الْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ ، الِاجْتِمَاعُ عَلَى الْقِرَاءَةِ وَالذِّكْرِ وَالدُّعَاءِ حَسَنٌ مُسْتَحَبٌّ إذَا لَمْ يُتَّخَذْ ذَلِكَ عَادَةً رَاتِبَةً - كَالِاجْتِمَاعَاتِ الْمَشْرُوعَةِ - وَلَا اقْتَرَنَ بِهِ بِدْعَةٌ مُنْكَرَةٌ وَأَمَّا كَشْفُ الرَّأْسِ مَعَ ذَلِكَ فَمَكْرُوهٌ لَا سِيَّمَا إذَا اُتُّخِذَ عَلَى أَنَّهُ عِبَادَةٌ فَإِنَّهُ حِينَئِذٍ يَكُونُ مُنْكَرًا وَلَا يَجُوزُ التَّعَبُّدُ بِذَلِكَ وَاَللَّهُ أَعْلَمُ

Vol. 22, page 253 of the Collected Fatwas, King Khalid ibn `Abdul `Aziz edition ("Majma'a Fatawa Ibn Taymiyya"):

After being asked about the Sufi Fuqara reading in Groups in the Masjid and making dhikr then Dua he answers :

Al hamdu lillah gathering to recite and make dhikr and du'aa is something hasan and mustahabb as long as it is not taken as a routine habit --- like those gatherings which are legislated -- and as long as there is no rejected bid'ah with it... as for uncovering the head with that than it is makrooh especially if it (i.e. uncovering the head) is being considered an 'ibaadah, then that case is munkar and it is not permissible to make worship by that...

Can you show me one of the modern day salafis who says the same ?

So why do they have different stance today ?

Still waiting for you to show me where the word Aqeedah came from who invented it and when .

شهيد إن شاء الله

what did that have to do with anything?

i just want to make sure that we are on the same page.

sponsor an orphan

Answer it since you cant answer me on aqeedah, you lot dont except group dhikr right ?

So why did Ibn taymiyyah say its hasan mustahab with conditions ? why have you evolved into something different ?

شهيد إن شاء الله

what are you scared of al aqeer, just a simple yes or no

do you know what aqeedah is?

sponsor an orphan

what are you scared of al aqeer, just a simple yes or no

do you know what aqeedah is?
    scared ? go back in the thread and see who asked the question first , you really want to look back in front of the forum dont cha ?