Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

+ Reply to Thread

Angry How do i stop getting wet dreams?

To all my muslim brothers and sisters.
    As you know, I'm a Muslim and I pray 5 times a day, so wet dreams has become a major problem because some times at night i just get them(and don't even remember dreaming, because i rarely get a dream) also I'm 15, and since you have to do shower/ghusl before you pray(if sperm/semen comes out because its one of the haram things before you pray, so you must do ghusl, take a shower) well... if i do go take a shower before prayers my parents will question me, and it's really embarrassing because i have never talked about these things with them, well also, they always wake me up in fajr in the last 10minutes, so when I do get a wet dream i'm like damn! So i have to do something else to miss prayers(i would never do that but i know Allah will never accept my prayers). So today i also needed a tiny bit poo, (not really that much i just had to use that as an excuse so i could shower later) now my dads mad at me for doing that and he told me not to eat food like i normally do... someone please help?! What do i do in a situation like this because wet dream strikes or normally strikes sometimes in a week, but mostly strikes between 2-3weeks!(It doesn't happen frequently, but it's one of the annoying problems though) And it's really annoying, soime times i feel like cursing my genitals, and wish I never had them.

If I do wake up 30minutes early, my parents will still know. Any way, i set my alarm, like an hour early and alarms never work on me because i'm one of those deep sleepers. And also i did wish last night to allah to not get bad dreams, and i slept after isha, with wudu, and had no dirty thoughts in my mind.(like I said, I never get dreams).
    So any help? please.. because I feel really bad.. when my dad shouts at me and I never want to miss prayers on purpose because i'm a religious boy, and my entire family is religious. So how can I do this without telling my parents, because.. please you should understand, you were once a teenager and I just can't discuss this with my parents.
    Also remember I'm 15. And this is UK i live in.
    And also, my parents are extremely light sleepers, even the slightest noise can make them awake, and doing Ghusl before prayers, I can't make any type of excuse like that you have to do Ghusl before prayers, it's sunnah, no. They will instantly know something has happened, and the most embarrassing thing is, they ask. (LIKE A TEENAGE 15 YEAR OLD BOY WOULD ANSWER!).

Please help, you guys can only help me, as Yahoo answers failed miserably, and all these non-muslims answered... and saying bad stuff. Thanks, wish Allah's forgiveness and I wish to stay away from Satan/Shaytan.

don't panic
    Guests

Re: How do i stop getting wet dreams?

Don't tell them that you are having a ghusl, just go in the bathroom and be out as soon as possible. Ghusl is quite easy and does not really take that long. All you need to do, is the compulsory acts (washing hands up to wrist, rinsing mouth and gargling) and wash your whole body/head once making sure water has reached everywhere.
    They won't really know you had a ghusl if you get out real quick. can take 5-10 mins Also, just wake up earlier, im sure you don't really need to make an excuse for that?, just say you don't like reading salaah too late.
    If the worse comes to worse, your father is a man, im sure he will understand as it is something out of your control!.

شهيد إن شاء الله

wa alikumu salam.

your parrents will understand. you father has been through this before. they know what it like, and even though its abit embarassing to talk about, its not going to kill you. they are mature and you are mature enough. you parrents are there for a reason.

the reason why they are angry now is because they are wondering why you are waking them up early in the morning but if you tell them that you dont really have a choice in the matter then they will understand.

wet dreams sont even have to be with a dirty dream they can somtimes just happen for no apparent reason. its part of growing up.
    And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (All‚h) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in All‚h and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of All‚h with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Assalam Alayk.

First of all, realize that you are growing up so this is not an issue to worry about. It happens with guys in their young. Also, your parents should give you this much freedom of allowing you to wake up to do tahajjud or early for fajr.

When you get wet dream, then wake up early and do ghusl before fajr. Make a habit of waking early for Fajr anyways. If they question you, be like I want to take shower and read Fajr afresh. Dont state wet dreams if you feel shy.

Bro, just wake up 15-20 mins earlier and if you noticed wetness, then just take a shower without telling them anything. If they ask you about showering, all you have to say is this: "I was junub." That's it. They'll understand as you said because they're practising. Alhamdulillah.

You can do that, right?
    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.
    وَقَالَ رَبُّكُمُ ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ

Thanks, I guess they should give me some freedom, but... it's so difficult with them, they are really strict and always butts into my privacy, like they want to know everything I do, everysecond of my life.
    *Sighs*...

hmm

I thought it was good to have wet dreams. I would question some1 if they did not have wet dreams because that would mean they are spending late nights in front of the computer. If you know what I mean.

Having wet dreams is completely natural and nothing to be ashamed of. Nothing haram in it as it is involuntary. Ur dad should understand.

gamechanger
    Guests

well firstly awesome to know that a brother who is 15 is getting up for fajr bravo .about ur problem i cant say iv been there but wat u cud do is make sure there is 15 min time for the salaat when u wake up.u do go to the bathroom for making wudu so just give yourself a quick wash.moreover even if ur father guesses wat is he gonna say.just tell him that u have started taking hygiene very seriously and want to shower everyday or something im sure he will understand

Tullaib

Look.. Everyone gets them.. its natural.. its not like you're doing something wrong. As soon as you get your wet dream, even if it is at 2 in the morning, have a ghusl straight away. If parents ask, just say i needed it

Unreg.
    Guests

I am 26yrs now and I have been having wet dreams since I was 15yrs old. People say its normal but I refused to accept it which made me to browse the net for solutions ... I was mislead! They say if u masturbate regularly it will stop so I did that, rather it worsened. Others say if u have a girlfriend and have sex with her regularly it will stop ...it did not! Please open up to ur dad maybe he has the solution you are looking for elsewhere for you may be mislead just like I was.

imasis
    Guests

Good to hear you pray and understand purity in Islam masha Allah. Your post has helped me coz I have a 15 year old nephew who seems to always want to have a shower before praying. Although I did think its probably the same situation as you, would this apply in the day time too? Brothers?

Quote Originally Posted by Blade Master View Post
    To all my muslim brothers and sisters.
    As you know, I'm a Muslim and I pray 5 times a day, so wet dreams has become a major problem because some times at night i just get them(and don't even remember dreaming, because i rarely get a dream) also I'm 15, and since you have to do shower/ghusl before you pray(if sperm/semen comes out because its one of the haram things before you pray, so you must do ghusl, take a shower) well... if i do go take a shower before prayers my parents will question me, and it's really embarrassing because i have never talked about these things with them, well also, they always wake me up in fajr in the last 10minutes, so when I do get a wet dream i'm like damn! So i have to do something else to miss prayers(i would never do that but i know Allah will never accept my prayers). So today i also needed a tiny bit poo, (not really that much i just had to use that as an excuse so i could shower later) now my dads mad at me for doing that and he told me not to eat food like i normally do... someone please help?! What do i do in a situation like this because wet dream strikes or normally strikes sometimes in a week, but mostly strikes between 2-3weeks!(It doesn't happen frequently, but it's one of the annoying problems though) And it's really annoying, soime times i feel like cursing my genitals, and wish I never had them.

If I do wake up 30minutes early, my parents will still know. Any way, i set my alarm, like an hour early and alarms never work on me because i'm one of those deep sleepers. And also i did wish last night to allah to not get bad dreams, and i slept after isha, with wudu, and had no dirty thoughts in my mind.(like I said, I never get dreams).
    So any help? please.. because I feel really bad.. when my dad shouts at me and I never want to miss prayers on purpose because i'm a religious boy, and my entire family is religious. So how can I do this without telling my parents, because.. please you should understand, you were once a teenager and I just can't discuss this with my parents.
    Also remember I'm 15. And this is UK i live in.
    And also, my parents are extremely light sleepers, even the slightest noise can make them awake, and doing Ghusl before prayers, I can't make any type of excuse like that you have to do Ghusl before prayers, it's sunnah, no. They will instantly know something has happened, and the most embarrassing thing is, they ask. (LIKE A TEENAGE 15 YEAR OLD BOY WOULD ANSWER!).

Please help, you guys can only help me, as Yahoo answers failed miserably, and all these non-muslims answered... and saying bad stuff. Thanks, wish Allah's forgiveness and I wish to stay away from Satan/Shaytan.

ausername7
    Guests

Sheikh Sadiq (a) writes that one should write surah An Nur and keep it under his pillow to stop wet dreams. It's recitation is especially good for protection agianst this sort of thing.

Sleep with wudu. When you go to bed, recite ayat al kursi x1 and al falaq, an nas 3x times and blow over yourself.

Unregichjvvn
    Guests

Dear bro
    i also had the same prob. i just wear an under wear while sleeping it takes care of that i have not had a wet dream since a year now
    and no i dont masturbate as some say that masturbation can stop wet dreams but dont do it its haram....
    wishing u well

Hello people. I'm new to this thread and I don't follow any religion. Well, I also would like to answer your question because I felt I have to help others with what I've found. I know how your parents feel and I can also sense how you feel about this. After all your question was 'how do i prevent nocturnal dreams?' let me tell you. The only thing you have to do is not to touch your organs with your hands. It is the only way(i ever found out) you can stop wet dreams even if you don't have dreams. And I wonder how you wake up so early. Bravo That's lot of dedication and courage indeed. Have cold showers every day. That will also prevent you from ejaculation during sleep.

Guests

every night beforw sleeping read surah al miraj.inshallah it will work

Unregistered0
    Guests

assalamu alikum,

Let me try to answer this question in real practical way. First understand that islam is true and quran is a light.My life has changed completely when i try to sincerely follow it.
    when we getup until your sleep, each moment of time you will receive a thought. how you act open your thought determine what you are in life.( a similar quoting can see in hadeeth).
    A day to Muslim is very important, because we set our mind with positive attitude of quran and sunnah and your mind come so strong and free from unwanted negative impact, so much so that when you sleep, you can receive good vision of any matter ( business, Islamic knowledge( here u take only when in matches sharia). quran warn us in no less than 40 places about the threat of shatan, and kareen is with all of us all day long till death. he see you and your action where ever you go, and he will inject bad feelings in remaining of your life.understand that fear,anxiety, blasphemy come from shatan( he make waswas). before sleep take uzu, recite falak,nas, --3 times. aythulkursi and amana rasool wipe the enter body each time. and face to your right side and sleep. say 33 times when lying subahanallah,alhamdurilla, allhuakber. insha allah he will guide to to much higher level, which will bring true tranquility and happiness in both world. secret:1. if you want strong sexual strength, go to sun nah, never look opposite sex try to put your gaze down and clear your thought. you will be so strong in sexual that even viagara cannot hold.2. do you want strong mind: know that when you ask forgiveness, allah will test you in many ways, be calm toyour feeling and controle your thought and action, aftersome time it will be part of your behaviour and mind get stronger and stronger each day you pass by.

17. 15-03-14, 10:56 AM

Javvad
    Guests

Assalamualaikum Broth
    Every parent knows about puberty. Wet dream is out of control in all, It occurs to all Boys/Girls irrespective of age in adolescence. For Allah's sake you take bath and start for prayer. As your intention is right, your parent wont take in negative way. Dua ki darqawast.

Allah Haafiz.

Quote Originally Posted by IbnulQayyim View Post
    Assalam Alayk.

First of all, realize that you are growing up so this is not an issue to worry about. It happens with guys in their young. Also, your parents should give you this much freedom of allowing you to wake up to do tahajjud or early for fajr.

When you get wet dream, then wake up early and do ghusl before fajr. Make a habit of waking early for Fajr anyways. If they question you, be like I want to take shower and read Fajr afresh. Dont state wet dreams if you feel shy.
    if they saw u bathing early morning they will know that u had wet dream since they passed through this stage.
    Before going to sleep recite last 3 surahs of quran and while sleeping recite 'auzu billah hi mi nash shitan nir rajeem during sleeping'
    make sure you dont sleep with women like 'mother,sister elder or older, phupos or khala. If u sleep on same bed then its better if your dad is in middle of you n mom.'
    if you still have problem then qoute this reply.