Hello & Welcome to our community. Is this your first visit? Register
Ads by Muslim Ad Network


Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 197
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    850
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34

    Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    When the prophet (SAW) said: there is no superiority of an Arab over a non-Arab?

    Why you believe that everyone who doesn't accept the tafdhil (superiority) of the Arab race, is a deviant and innovator, when you are giving precedence to Salafis scholars' rulings over the rulings of the prophet (SAW)? Why hasn't the superiority of the Arab race ever mentioned in the Quran or authentic hadiths?

    Sheikh-ul-Islam, Ibn Taymiyyah (ra) was of the opinion that Arabs ARE SUPERIOR (Afdal) than Non-Arabs and he claimed that this was the view that was held by the MAJORITY of the scholars – ‘Al-Jamhoor’- .

    He wrote: “And the MAJORITY of scholars are of the opinion that the Arab species is better (Afdal) than the Non-Arab (species) just as the nation of Quraish is better (Afdal) than the Non-Qurai****e nations and (just as) the nation of Bani Haashim is better (Afdal) than the Non-Bani Haashim (nations).” Majm’u Al-Fataawa 19/29

    Sheikh-ul-Islam, Ibn Taymiyyah (ra) wrote:

    “Verily, what Ahlul Sunnah is upon: Is the BELIEF (I’tiqaad) that the Arab race is better (Afdal) then the Non-Arab race. Whether (the Non-Arabs) are Hebrews, Aramaic, Romans, Persians and other than them…”. Iqtidaa As-Siraatil-Mustaqeem 2/419

    Abu Muhammad, Harb ibn Ismail ibn Khalaf Al-Kirmaany (died 280 – ra) who was one of the students and companions of Imaam Ahmed (ra) also mentioned this point when he wrote about the descriptions and BELIEFS of the PEOPLE OF THE SUNNAH.


    Shiekh-ul-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (ra) said:

    “Know that the Ahaadith (that show) the superiority of Quraish and then the superiority of Bani Haashim are numerous and this is not the place (to gather all of them) but they also prove this (superiority of the Arab over Non-Arabs).

    And this is due to the fact that the relationship of Quraish to the Arabs is just like the relationship of the Arabs to the rest of the people (i.e. Qurai****es are superior to Non-Qurai****es and the Arabs are superior to Non-Arabs). Verily Allah the Most High has designated the Arabs and their language with ‘Ahkaam’ that are peculiar and unique.

    And then He preferred Quraish over the rest of the Arabs in what He has given them of prophecy and other than that from the ‘Khasaais’ (unique and peculiar qualities)”. Iqtidaa As-Siraat-il-Mustaqeem 2/431

    Sheikh-ul-Islam, Ibn Taymiyyah (ra) also said:

    “…The superiority of the Arab race and then (the superiority of) Quraish and then (the superiority of) Bani Haashim, is not simply due to the fact the Prophet (peace be upon him) is from them – even though this is (a point) of superiority – but instead, they themselves are superior within themselves“. Iqtidaa As-Siraatil-Mustaqeem 2/420



    Source: http://singularvoice.wordpress.com/2008/02/19/salafi-imam-we-must-believe-arabs-are-master-race/

  2. #2
    Its fine, take a 38mm noobz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    47,694
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8068 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    729

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    we dont need to focus so much on trivial issues. It will just be a breeding ground for the racists.




  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    850
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    Quote Originally Posted by noobz View Post
    we dont need to focus so much on trivial issues. It will just be a breeding ground for the racists.
    I would just like to see the answers of the Salafis in response to these rulings by their scholars, nothing else. Preferably, non-Arab salafis. I can understand why an Arab would be a salafi, as it pushes their agenda of being a master race, but a non-Arab salafi supporting this is quite the circumstance...

  4. #4
    شهيد إن شاء الله
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    12,126
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    186

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    dident we just have a huge thread bout this?
    And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allâh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

    O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allâh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

    JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

    sponsor an orphan

  5. #5
    Odan
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    9,574
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    Arabs preferred over other nations
    http://qa.sunnipath.com/issue_view.a...ID=9427&CATE=1

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    850
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    Quote Originally Posted by IbnulQayyim View Post
    That looks like something directly out of mein-kampf.

    And if it is obligatory to accept the superiority of the Arab race, why hasn't the prophet (SAW) said anything on the matter? Is this not an act of taking scholars as your lords, when Allah (SWT) and his messenger (SAW) have already ruled on this and that there is no superiority?

  7. #7
    Its fine, take a 38mm noobz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    47,694
    Mentioned
    351 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8068 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    729

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Literacy View Post
    I would just like to see the answers of the Salafis in response to these rulings by their scholars, nothing else. Preferably, non-Arab salafis. I can understand why an Arab would be a salafi, as it pushes their agenda of being a master race, but a non-Arab salafi supporting this is quite the circumstance...
    although i dont class myself as a salafi , as i can remember there were jewish prophets and jesus was not an arab if im not mistaken.

    Its not like we salafis just believe everything some1 says even it be a scholar. I like to check the viewpoint of all different scholars with the evidence they bring forth required that the issue is accompanied by facts from the Quran and Sunnah

    And maybe jz maybe that fatwa by Ibn Taymiyah(rah) was given during the war with the tartars to raise the moral of his army ....




  8. #8
    Private Investigator samin62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    24,254
    Mentioned
    620 Post(s)
    Quoted
    909 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    783

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    scholars ain't infallible.

    second, someone who knows arabic needs to verify this from the original text and see the context.
    "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

    Lost in Islamic History

  9. #9
    Odan
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    9,574
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Literacy View Post
    That looks like something directly out of mein-kampf.

    And if it is obligatory to accept the superiority of the Arab race, why hasn't the prophet (SAW) said anything on the matter? Is this not an act of taking scholars as your lords, when Allah (SWT) and his messenger (SAW) have already ruled on this and that there is no superiority?
    mayb u dont get the view they are saying from. maybe u do

    i take scholars before laymen opinions

  10. #10
    Ameerul Mujahideen Ibn Khattab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    6,735
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    150

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    its a valid question, can someone post the answer?
    Watch this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvM7L5Wm7q0

    ‎"If she's not on the deen, she's not fit to be your queen. If he hasn't got imaan, he's not fit to be your man."




  11. #11
    Account Disabled Medievalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    29,927
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quoted
    4 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    243

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    This guy is firing loaded statements and you lot are accepting being the target.

    The superiority of the Arabs over the non-Arabs is purely and simply because of their connection with Sayyiduna Rasulullah and every believer knows that everything that has a nisbat with Sayyiduna Rasulullah is elevated because of this.

    The thread starter is taking european concepts of superior races and applying them where they don't apply. The Nazi concept of superior race also included a dehumanisation of the non-Aryan. The Hindu caste system is similar where the invading eurasians dehumanised the dark-skinned locals. and similarly with the Jews and their gentiles.

    Our Islam does nothing of the sort. The non-Arab can excel and surpass an Arab, an Arab can excel and surpass a non-Arab. Their ultimate value is on their taqwa.
    Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    131
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    Agree with Medievalist.

  13. #13
    live islam 24/7 dawud_uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    4,090
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    47

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    lets look at this another way...

    my family, is in no way shape or form equivlent to the family of Rasoolullah (saws),

    that is not to say every syed is good or guided or destined for jannah, far from it - met one or two in my time who were right fruit cakes and upon clear kufr akbar, one not even believing he had to pray salaat. but they have an extra advantage and therefore also an extra trust from Allah over me.

    same with the people of the Prophet Muhammad (saws), who also have the added advantage of being born into arab speaking families so making it easier to learn the deen.

    and btw... lets not make this a salafi - non salafi thing, many ulema hold this opinion including many classical ulema such as imam shafi and imam abu hanifa.
    Daw'ud... is retired from ummah forum

  14. #14
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    131
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    "Fas-aloo ahladh dhikri in kuntum laa ta'lamoon."

    " So Ask the People of the Reminder (ie Scholars) if you do not know" Quran 16:43

  15. #15
    ... Khalid b. Walid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    5,077
    Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quoted
    916 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    132

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    Quote Originally Posted by IbnulQayyim View Post
    That makes sense.

    Banu Hashim has been preferred over the other clans of Quraish. This can be seen by the Prophet (saw) and the Mahdi coming from Banu Hashim.

    And Quraish has been preferred to the other Arab tribes. This can be seen from it being sunnah for the Caliph to come from Quraish. Did any of the other Arab tribes shout 'racist' because of this? Of course not.

    Similarly the Arabs have been preferred over the non-Arabs. This can be seen by them having the honour of the Quran being revealed in their language and them having the honour of forming the bulk of the Sahaba (ra).

    This probably sums it up from that article:

    Therefore the preference of Arabs over other nations, and the preference of some Arabs over other Arabs is affirmed in the Sacred Law. Allah has even preferred some months over other months and some days and nights of over others, as well as places. So in the same way, Allah Glorious and Exalted is He, has chosen some men over others, such as the prophets over others and even some prophets over other prophets.

    I remember brother Hamza89 mentioning in the other (deleted) thread on this that it has to do with virtues.

    You have to look at it in context.

    Med has made a good point that the OP is trying to paint this is as a 'master race' argument when its not. Our worth is determined by our piety. An non-Arab can surpass an Arab and an Arab can surpass a non-Arab.

  16. #16
    4,534,329,626th person Glorfindel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    761
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    76

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    As-Salam 'Aliekum,

    Just to add to the argument here, unlike racial theory - Islamically speaking - an Arab is the one who speaks Arabic;


    Mohammed صلى الله عليه و سلم said about the Arabs "...O people! The Lord is One and the Father [Adam] is one. Arabness (al-`arabiyyah) is not, in any of you, inherited from father or mother but it is only the language that is spoken (innama hiya al-lisan). So, whoever speaks Arabic then he is an Arab..." - Kanz Al-'Ummal

    I hope this helps
    ألإخواننا والموت قد حال دوننا، وللموت حكم نافذ في الخلائق
    سبقتكم للموت والعمرطية وأعلم أن الكل لا بد لاحقي
    بعيشكم أو باضطجاعي في الثرى، ألم تك في صفو من العيش الرائق؟
    فمن مر بي فليمض بي مترحما ولا يك منسيا وفاء الأصادق


  17. #17
    Odan *asiya*'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    47,850
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quoted
    6 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    1167

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medievalist View Post
    This guy is firing loaded statements and you lot are accepting being the target.

    The superiority of the Arabs over the non-Arabs is purely and simply because of their connection with Sayyiduna Rasulullah and every believer knows that everything that has a nisbat with Sayyiduna Rasulullah is elevated because of this.

    The thread starter is taking european concepts of superior races and applying them where they don't apply. The Nazi concept of superior race also included a dehumanisation of the non-Aryan. The Hindu caste system is similar where the invading eurasians dehumanised the dark-skinned locals. and similarly with the Jews and their gentiles.

    Our Islam does nothing of the sort. The non-Arab can excel and surpass an Arab, an Arab can excel and surpass a non-Arab. Their ultimate value is on their taqwa.


    Quote Originally Posted by Glorfindel View Post
    As-Salam 'Aliekum,

    Just to add to the argument here, unlike racial theory - Islamically speaking - an Arab is the one who speaks Arabic;


    Mohammed صلى الله عليه و سلم said about the Arabs "...O people! The Lord is One and the Father [Adam] is one. Arabness (al-`arabiyyah) is not, in any of you, inherited from father or mother but it is only the language that is spoken (innama hiya al-lisan). So, whoever speaks Arabic then he is an Arab..." - Kanz Al-'Ummal

    I hope this helps


    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

    The Prophet said:

    "Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

    muslim

    Narrated 'Abdullah:

    The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari


    "Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

    By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

    [Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]


  18. #18
    Senior Member Muawiyah1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    276
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    61

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    in fact this superiority is based on taqwa, as most of the companions of the Prophet sallahu alihye wasalam were Arabs, and it were they that gave the scarifices of bringing down the two tyrannt empires of the time, the persian sassanid, and the byzantine romans, and brought the light of the truth from Spain to China, and from there to the whole world.

    Just look at it from this prespective, through the Arab companions/followers of the Prophet, the peoples of Iran, Africa, Middle east, Europe, China came into Islam. And as they and their generations practice getting closer to Allah, the original Arabs companions, followers of the Prophet, and preachers, still benefit and get rewarded in their graves for their original contribution, as they were the cause, and their ranks in front of Allah increase further.

    Again this virtue of being closer to Allah is due to taqwa, and the sign of nobility is being more down trodden and humble to the creation, and open, caring and accepting to others of one's own, and it is these qualities that make a people nobler that the rest( as Allah says in His book, His servants are those that walk on the earth with humbleness, and that He swt bringing out a people whom He loves and they love Him, lowly to the believers and high on the disbelievers) , and here in these qualities more of the Arabs proved themselves as such, but they are not the only ones, for Allah swt also mentions the Aal-Imran, or household of Amram, who were from the Bani Israel, as being mustafeen or elevated ones as well from the rest of the creation, and they are not from the Arabs.

    Allah says in His book :

    Lo! Allah preferred Adam and Noah and the Family of Abraham and the Family of 'Imran above (all His) creatures. They were descendants one of another. Allah is Hearer, Knower. (Remember) when the wife of 'Imran said: My Lord! I have vowed unto Thee that which is in my belly as a consecrated (offering). Accept it from me. Lo! Thou, only Thou, art the Hearer, the Knower! And when she was delivered she said: My Lord! Lo! I am delivered of a female - Allah knew best of what she was delivered - the male is not as the female; and lo! I have named her Mary, and lo! I crave Thy protection for her and for her offspring from Satan the outcast. ( Quran 3:33-36 )
    Please Re-update your Signature

  19. #19
    Abdul Karim Abdul-Curim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    16,106
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    138

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Literacy View Post
    I would just like to see the answers of the Salafis in response to these rulings by their scholars, nothing else. Preferably, non-Arab salafis. I can understand why an Arab would be a salafi, as it pushes their agenda of being a master race, but a non-Arab salafi supporting this is quite the circumstance...
    majority of Arabs are Muqallids so to say non-salafis , so what's your point ?
    Where there are no Ulemah(Scholars) there are many Muftis.

    I
    deal System of Living for All Mankind .

  20. #20
    Abdul Karim Abdul-Curim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    16,106
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    138

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medievalist View Post
    This guy is firing loaded statements and you lot are accepting being the target.

    The superiority of the Arabs over the non-Arabs is purely and simply because of their connection with Sayyiduna Rasulullah and every believer knows that everything that has a nisbat with Sayyiduna Rasulullah is elevated because of this.

    The thread starter is taking european concepts of superior races and applying them where they don't apply. The Nazi concept of superior race also included a dehumanisation of the non-Aryan. The Hindu caste system is similar where the invading eurasians dehumanised the dark-skinned locals. and similarly with the Jews and their gentiles.

    Our Islam does nothing of the sort. The non-Arab can excel and surpass an Arab, an Arab can excel and surpass a non-Arab. Their ultimate value is on their taqwa.
    The act of the Thread Starter is indeed mischevious and you have refuted quite well .
    Where there are no Ulemah(Scholars) there are many Muftis.

    I
    deal System of Living for All Mankind .

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    723
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    I was always told to love Arabs etc because Prophet Muhammed s.a.w was an Arab, that i can understand that, althought i dont agree that with excusing every Arab state and Arab person, i can also understand Prophet Muhammed was the best of creation, and the people around him were the best (Majority Arabs, some Non Arabs), and that his linage is among the best, finally the empthases of prophet Muhammed s.a.w in his last sermon pretty much somes it up, i think it clears things up in regards to what concerns us (religion) that in terms of Islam we are equal and taqwa is what matters.

    BUT....while doing my research, i came across somthing, i wont share here.

    but is it true, if an Arab girl marries a Non Arab, the marriage is Invalid according to some/most ulama? :S

    Does that mean id have to reject any potentails on that basis? because they are an Arab girl :S

    (Can someone who knows what they talking about answer people)
    Last edited by myidea; 18-12-10 at 08:05 PM.

  22. #22
    live islam 24/7 dawud_uk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    4,090
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    47

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    Quote Originally Posted by myidea View Post
    I was always told to love Arabs etc because Prophet Muhammed s.a.w was an Arab, that i can understand that, althought i dont agree that with excusing every Arab state and Arab person, i can also understand Prophet Muhammed was the best of creation, and the people around him were the best (Majority Arabs, some Non Arabs), and that his linage is among the best, finally the empthases of prophet Muhammed s.a.w in his last sermon pretty much somes it up, i think it clears things up in regards to what concerns us (religion) that in terms of Islam we are equal and taqwa is what matters.

    BUT....while doing my research, i came across somthing, i wont share here.

    but is it true, if an Arab girl marries a Non Arab, the marriage is Invalid according to some/most ulama? :S

    Does that mean id have to reject any potentails on that basis? because they are an Arab girl :S

    (Can someone who knows what they talking about answer people)
    imam shafi and imam nawawi were of the opinion a father could reject a suitor for being non arab but not that the nikkah wouldnt be valid, just it was a valid reason for rejection if they chose to use it but up to the father and girl. i believe imam shafi also said lack of wealth could be used as well.

    imam abu hanifa and others said it was not a matter to reject over but only a preference and stuck to the matters mentioned in the hadith that only matters to reject over are bad character and matters of deen.

    there isnt really much evidence for it being a valid criterion for rejection, much less invalididating the marriage, in fact a large amount of evidence to the opposite such as the marriage of Bilal (ra) and other non arab male sahabah to arab women of the time as well as a quite specific hadith mentioning the criterion for acceptance and rjection in marriage.
    Daw'ud... is retired from ummah forum

  23. #23
    شهيد إن شاء الله
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    12,126
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    186

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    Quote Originally Posted by dawud_uk View Post
    imam shafi and imam nawawi were of the opinion a father could reject a suitor for being non arab but not that the nikkah wouldnt be valid, just it was a valid reason for rejection if they chose to use it but up to the father and girl. i believe imam shafi also said lack of wealth could be used as well.

    imam abu hanifa and others said it was not a matter to reject over but only a preference and stuck to the matters mentioned in the hadith that only matters to reject over are bad character and matters of deen.

    there isnt really much evidence for it being a valid criterion for rejection, much less invalididating the marriage, in fact a large amount of evidence to the opposite such as the marriage of Bilal (ra) and other non arab male sahabah to arab women of the time as well as a quite specific hadith mentioning the criterion for acceptance and rjection in marriage.
    i see...
    And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allâh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

    O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allâh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

    JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

    sponsor an orphan

  24. #24
    Odan KeeKee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    18,152
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    143

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    well said

    Quote Originally Posted by Medievalist View Post
    This guy is firing loaded statements and you lot are accepting being the target.

    The superiority of the Arabs over the non-Arabs is purely and simply because of their connection with Sayyiduna Rasulullah and every believer knows that everything that has a nisbat with Sayyiduna Rasulullah is elevated because of this.

    The thread starter is taking european concepts of superior races and applying them where they don't apply. The Nazi concept of superior race also included a dehumanisation of the non-Aryan. The Hindu caste system is similar where the invading eurasians dehumanised the dark-skinned locals. and similarly with the Jews and their gentiles.

    Our Islam does nothing of the sort. The non-Arab can excel and surpass an Arab, an Arab can excel and surpass a non-Arab. Their ultimate value is on their taqwa.
    The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
    (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
    In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

  25. #25

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    4,345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    Quote Originally Posted by myidea View Post

    but is it true, if an Arab girl marries a Non Arab, the marriage is Invalid according to some/most ulama? :S

    Does that mean id have to reject any potentails on that basis? because they are an Arab girl :S

    (Can someone who knows what they talking about answer people)
    That's a lie.

    http://islamqa.com/en/ref/13780/marry%20arab

    Interracial marriages are halal. Nothing to even think about.

  26. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    850
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Medievalist View Post
    This guy is firing loaded statements and you lot are accepting being the target.

    The superiority of the Arabs over the non-Arabs is purely and simply because of their connection with Sayyiduna Rasulullah and every believer knows that everything that has a nisbat with Sayyiduna Rasulullah is elevated because of this.

    The thread starter is taking european concepts of superior races and applying them where they don't apply. The Nazi concept of superior race also included a dehumanisation of the non-Aryan. The Hindu caste system is similar where the invading eurasians dehumanised the dark-skinned locals. and similarly with the Jews and their gentiles.

    Our Islam does nothing of the sort. The non-Arab can excel and surpass an Arab, an Arab can excel and surpass a non-Arab. Their ultimate value is on their taqwa.
    Please, no one mentioned Europeans or Nazis. This is comparing apples and oranges; racism will always be racism. There are many rulings of Ibn Taymiyyah where he stated that it is severely disliked for an Arab woman to marry a non-Arab, only an Arab can hold powerful political positions, and an Arab is not subjected to Zakat (Tax). That is Arab nationalism, and is trying to use Islam to push Arab hegemony.

  27. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    850
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    Quote Originally Posted by dawud_uk View Post
    imam shafi and imam nawawi were of the opinion a father could reject a suitor for being non arab but not that the nikkah wouldnt be valid, just it was a valid reason for rejection if they chose to use it but up to the father and girl. i believe imam shafi also said lack of wealth could be used as well.

    imam abu hanifa and others said it was not a matter to reject over but only a preference and stuck to the matters mentioned in the hadith that only matters to reject over are bad character and matters of deen.

    there isnt really much evidence for it being a valid criterion for rejection, much less invalididating the marriage, in fact a large amount of evidence to the opposite such as the marriage of Bilal (ra) and other non arab male sahabah to arab women of the time as well as a quite specific hadith mentioning the criterion for acceptance and rjection in marriage.
    So you're basically saying it's completely okay for the Arab nationalists to reject pious muslims marrying their daughters, but it is haram for the non-Arab wali to reject the Arab man seeking the female under their care?

    That reeks of Arab nationalism.

  28. #28
    Odan Umm_Hanzalah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    9,280
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quoted
    571 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    213

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Curim View Post
    The act of the Thread Starter is indeed mischevious and you have refuted quite well .
    Maybe he is still waiting for his asylum application to go through.

  29. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    850
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    Quote Originally Posted by IbnulQayyim View Post
    mayb u dont get the view they are saying from. maybe u do

    i take scholars before laymen opinions
    Yes, follow your scholars while I follow the Quran. We'll see where that gets us.

    I leave you with this verse: "They (Jews and Christians) took their rabbis and their priests to be their lords besides Allah"
    (Quran 9:31)

  30. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    850
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Umm_Hanzalah View Post
    Maybe he is still waiting for his asylum application to go through.
    How about you state your ethnicity?

    Then we can have a fair race-war. I'm game.

  31. #31
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    850
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    Quote Originally Posted by myidea View Post
    I was always told to love Arabs etc because Prophet Muhammed s.a.w was an Arab, that i can understand that, althought i dont agree that with excusing every Arab state and Arab person, i can also understand Prophet Muhammed was the best of creation, and the people around him were the best (Majority Arabs, some Non Arabs), and that his linage is among the best, finally the empthases of prophet Muhammed s.a.w in his last sermon pretty much somes it up, i think it clears things up in regards to what concerns us (religion) that in terms of Islam we are equal and taqwa is what matters.

    BUT....while doing my research, i came across somthing, i wont share here.

    but is it true, if an Arab girl marries a Non Arab, the marriage is Invalid according to some/most ulama? :S

    Does that mean id have to reject any potentails on that basis? because they are an Arab girl :S

    (Can someone who knows what they talking about answer people)
    Yes, it's true. Well according to the classical scholars. It is greatly disliked at best and at worst, haram. I personally have no problem with this, doesn't bother me.

  32. #32
    الإسلام هو الحياة sis_on_sunnah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    5,270
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    assalamu alaykum

    'literacy' whatever issues you have got with shaykul islam ibn taymiyyah rahimahullah, you better put them aside, because you will never be on that level
    http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

    Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

  33. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    850
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    Quote Originally Posted by sis_on_sunnah View Post
    assalamu alaykum

    'literacy' whatever issues you have got with shaykul islam ibn taymiyyah rahimahullah, you better put them aside, because you will never be on that level
    Because he was an Arab, and I'm a non-Arab? Right? Arabs are innately superior, after all.

  34. #34
    الإسلام هو الحياة sis_on_sunnah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    5,270
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    21 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    142

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Literacy View Post
    Because he was an Arab, and I'm a non-Arab? Right? Arabs are innately superior, after all.
    ok
    http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

    Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

  35. #35
    Odan bint begum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    1,126
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    36

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Literacy View Post
    Because he was an Arab, and I'm a non-Arab? Right? Arabs are innately superior, after all.
    Um no they're not. :S

  36. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    850
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    Quote Originally Posted by bint begum View Post
    Um no they're not. :S
    According to Ahlus Sunnah, you're an innovator.

  37. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    723
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Literacy View Post
    According to Ahlus Sunnah, you're an innovator.
    Brother i think that is abit over the top, you might disagree with certain scholars on certain issues, but i wouldnt let it get to your imaan and pride.

  38. #38
    Odan Aisha91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Gender
    Girl Female
    Posts
    2,459
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    Who is Ibn Taymiyyah?

    OP, you a salafi?

  39. #39
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Gender
    Girl Unspecified
    Posts
    723
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    32

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aisha91 View Post
    Who is Ibn Taymiyyah?

    OP, you a salafi?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibn_Taymiyyah

    Some people like him, some hate him, controversial figure in that sense.

  40. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Gender
    Boy Male
    Posts
    850
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    14 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    34

    Re: Salafis: why would Ibn Taymiyyah say this, despite the prophet (SAW) last sermon?

    Quote Originally Posted by Aisha91 View Post
    Who is Ibn Taymiyyah?

    OP, you a salafi?
    An eminent Scholar of the past that believed Arabs were superior to non-Arabs, and anyone who doesn't accept this is branded an innovator and a deviant.

    And no, I'm not a Salafi.

 

 

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 01:52 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2017 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging v3.2.7 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com

MPADC.com Islamic Web Hosting | Muslim Ad Network | Islamic Nasheeds | Islamic Mobile App Developement Android & iPhone | Islamic Web Hosting : Muslim Designers : Labbayk Nasheeds : silk route jilbab: Hijab: : Web Islamic Newsletter: Islamic Web Hosting

Students of Arabic Forum | Hijab Shop