Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)

makkah hotel reviews

salaams,

please state honest reviews of any hotels you have stayed at in makkah, whether it be 2* or 7*

service
    cleanness
    distance etc

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

Re: makkah hotel reviews

7 stars ???????? Please, dont convert KSA into UAE. Besides, there is sufficient cons on heaping bag loads of stars on hotels that dont deserve even one.

I will be interested in the replies you get here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We stayed in Darul Ghufraan, this is a 5 star hotel in the Safwa Towers building next to Zamzam towers. This is the third hotel in Safwa Towers the others being Darul Eemaan and Royal Orchid.

The lobby is nice and modern and the lifts are amazing! If you had to wait more than a minute for a lift than that would be very exceptional. We had breakfast as part of our stay and it was a good standard, it also included a omelette/fried egg service. Generally the hotel was very clean and modern having only opened in Ramadhan this is what you would expect.

The staff were ok, I usually stay in the Hilton Towers in Makkah their general service is better than Darul Ghufraan though. We had a few issues with the bell men as they were refusing to get our luggage when we arrived ( a misunderstanding). Other than that the staff were generally pleasant. One strange thing was that our group leader had wait in the lobby everyday after Isha so that someone could give him our breakfast vouchers, I found that a little silly.

The rooms were on the small size, we had a 4 bed room, one of the beds was actually a sofa bed, strangely enough though it was very comfortable. Room service was expensive, had tea in the hotel for 5 people with some pastry and cost almost 100 riyals! Shower was very good and clean.

All in all its 5 star for location, which is fantastic, it has its own prayer hall linked to the haram as well as that shopping and food easily accessible being in the building. I would recommend, although personally I prefer the Hilton towers this is not bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Stayed in hilton towers in march/april last year and was very impressed with hotel,we had 3 quad rooms but some beds are sofa beds.The rooms were good sized and we were able to eat all in one room.Some rooms had 2 toilets in and lovely large shower,some rooms you have to climb few steps to get too,extremely close to haram and rooms cleaned daily if you ask cleaners.Main problem is getting rooms together and lobby very busy booking in time,also has 5/6 towers some closers than others but would still highly recommend

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)

Ismail Uncle, i was just kidding!

the reason i have made these threads is so that we can all have a clear picture on what each hotel (makkah&madinah) offers in terms of service, location etc.

unfortunately most agents give incorrect advice re hotels and its rating so may be we can all help each other i.a esp for those who are going for umrah for the first time.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

You have initiated a good topic and I hope a lot more comments comes forth as no one is better placed to offer assessment as the users themselves.

Odan
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Like the Madinah Hotels Thread, i cannot give effecient info on hotel ratings, but just personal feedback.

Hilton Towers (No.6)
    - Very close to Masjidul Haram, literally opposite, takes a couple of mins.
    - Accessible via the street entrance, good for when youre alone/Fajr time as there are lots of crowds.
    - Accessible via Hilton Shopping Complex, get the lift to go down into the basement (car parking area) then another to go up to the hotel floor.
    - Quaint reception area
    - Staff/security very nice and helpful, especially when looking out for the safety of women who may need to go to the masjid alone etc
    - Hotel rooms are very nice and spacious with seating area plus full ensuite bath/shower rooms.
    - Mini Kitchen area within the rooms.
    - Can have a view of the street or the Haram
    - Quick access to the shopping centre, which is good for getting food etc easily
    - Cleanliness standard is good, housekeeping staff very proficient and regular
    - no complaints, as its good value for money etc

Zam Zam Towers
    - Very close to the Haram, takes a couple of mins to walk (although personally I think Hilton's is a quicker route)
    - Very lavishly decorated (depends on your preference of whether you would like this or not)
    - Had a 'grand suite', which had a large seating area with sofas, tv, furniture (cupboards, cabinets etc). Dining Table, big enough for 8 people. 1 main bathroom with shower area. 1 bedroom with 2 double beds, tv and cupboards and a view of the Haram. 1 bedroom with a double bed, cupboards, dressing table and ensuite bathroom with bath and shower too. A small kitchen (like a room, not just part of main living area) with proper kitchen cupboards and utilities. So basically, was like an apartment.
    - there were many lifts but this isnt the best of things, as some floors required you to 'catch' one lift to one floor then take another lift to your destined floor, because some lifts only go up to certain areas. major annoyance as it can lose a lot of time. all lifts come to the ground floor and from there another lift is taken to get to the shopping centre area and then a walk to main exit/entrance.
    - shopping centre/food areas easily accessible but Hilton shopping area and Safwa Towers one is better.
    - cleanliness was good, they provided many things of request, however housekeeping was a nightmare due to the amount of rooms on one floor and they could leave your room unmade for over 1.5/2 days.
    - had a tea garden area with very good spacious seating areas and desserts/drinks section.
    - reception area is very congested as in theres so much going on with lots of desks for different 'managers' and the like.
    - room service is good, but the most expensive rates ive seen.
    - personally, was not too keen on this hotel and would recommend the Hilton over it.

Grand alHijra - Located a slight walk away from Hilton and Zam Zam Towers (takes around ten mins to walk at an average pace, longer in crowds and if elderly)
    - involves walking through the street area which is quite congested as main hotels at this moment are located here, in Misyal street, Misfalah (bro Ismail Simjee, please clarify this aspect cus im pretty sure this was the correct name, though my memory isnt so good )
    - a very good hotel in its area
    - large reception area with lots of seating
    - three lifts which are tiny and only allow in like 7 people and sometimes only even 5 which isnt helpful.
    - staff service could have been better
    - housekeeping was good service as only a few rooms on each floor
    - rooms are slightly outdated and there were many problems with doors not locking, lock jams, showers not working etc etc
    - cleanliness is average.
    - would recommend but not eagerly.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

I have no personal info on this hotel. I had my cousin stay in Safwa Orchid and he was over the moon. Grand Eeman Royal and Ghufran are the other two sharing this building.

If Safwa Orchid is good then the other two would be similar and I would expect the Grand Eeman to be better given their label.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

Hilton Towers have 6 buildings and the rate for each is similar but the standard differ slightly. This is ideal for infirm but not recommended for wheelchair users as the access is a hindrance.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

Grand Hijra is simply grand in name only otherwise it is a 3 star standard. Its location is not bad given other hotels of similar standard being located even further into Misfilah. Al Misyal Street is the correct description, however, this particular spot is more commonly known as "pigeon square or kabutar chowk".

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Which month of the year are the hotels cheapest ? Or do they have a fixed price throughout the year

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

Here is some "useless" information which is not generally available to most people.

The hotel tariff is sectored and applied according to the peak period in a year.

The most cheapest tariff is for the Saudi Government departments and the Saudi national companies.

Then the rate is applied for GCC countries. Then the Iran/Turkey/Egyption and the rest of the Arabian countries. Then the Indo/Pak and far eastern countries.

Then Europe and Americas.

The highest tariff is fr South Africa.

The lowest season is Rabiul Awwal and Thani. These apply to hotels only from 2 star upwards.

Building rates depend on their condition and location.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

stayed in Darul Eemaan safwa towers, clean and good service.would highly recommend this hotel due to its location and overall standred.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    29 Post(s)

Fairmont - Inside Abraj Al Bait, this hotel is fantastic, elegant and contemporary styling probably because it is very new, the staff, guards, porters are very polite and helpful. We stayed in a triple room (though there were two of us) and it was spacious, had speakers inside the room connected to the Haram mic. The usual mod cons, voip phone, lcd tv, fridge etc. The bathroom was very clean and spacious. The restuarant was brilliant and overlooked the Haram. Food was very nice, though curiously they did not offer fizzy drinks, we had to buy these at SAR 8 each! The chef would make an omlette for breakfast right infront of you or anything else, buffet was great as well. Distance wise it is right outside the Haram, lifts were very fast but still allow around 5-7 minutes to get to the courtyard outside Abdul Aziz Gate.

Dar-ut-Tawheed - Where The Fairmont is contemporary this hotel is all about classic design and style, I would say that it has been trumped by the Fairmont though it is still a very beautiful hotel with decent sized rooms and great bathroom and shower, nice, clean, plush. The prayer room on the second floor (?) overlooks the courtyard outside King Fahad Gate and is air-conditioned, carpeted and very comfortable. The lift system is really good where instead of waiting for the nearest lift, once a button is pressed of the first digit of your room, the user is directed to the fastest lift.

The food is also very varied and of a high quality, we must have had at least 20 different dishes and the cakes variety was ..errr...too much such that my plate was too small. The staff are polite though not as polite as Fairmonts'. Overall an excellent hotel.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quoted
    916 Post(s)

--
    Last edited by Khalid b. Walid; 25-05-15 at 05:11 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)

Zam Zam towers

We have been staying at this hotel for the past 2 years, unfortunately the service isnt as great as it was when it first opened.

Housekeeping isnt so great, you have to chase them up to clean your room.
    The A/C wasnt working when we checked in this year, after 3 days of no A/C we got fed up, made a complaint and were moved to a suite.
    Breakfast is okay, buffet style, variety....but not as great as 2 years back!
    Rooms are pretty cramped, triple room = 2 beds and one tiny sofa, thank god we only had the room for 3 days, the space is very tight for a triple room.
    Bathroom is tiny, has a tiny small fan which is rubbish.
    Lifts are good as there are plenty of them, easy access to the food court and the haramaain (the only 2 reasons we stayed at this hotel)

staff - so annoying, unprofessional, disorganized, typical arabs, i do not understand how they can remain so calm when the AC isnt working in one of their towers.

very expensive!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

the Makkah al Mukkarum in Ajyad: (A Makkah) 5 star.
    this hotel is only open during hajj season.
    the foyer has the WOW factor.
    picale bedding which they change every day irrespective whether you slept on the bed or not
    it has two toilets facing each other in the bathroom. i did not understand that!
    room service and extra meals expensive.
    even though it has a shuttle service, it runs irregularly ... and the driver did not want to drive with only me as the passenger ... HARAAM HARAAM.

Elaf Ajyad: (A Makkah) 3 star.
    great buffet. friendly staff. room service and extra meals good value.
    great shuttle service.

took 30 minutes just to get to the mataaf during peak hajj time.
    Last edited by Zydee; 21-12-10 at 09:54 AM.
    [CENTER][LEFT][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]– - – - – - [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]– - – - – - [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]– - – - – - –[/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray] - – - – - [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]– - – - – - [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]– - – -
    [/COLOR][/B][/LEFT]
    [LEFT] [B][COLOR=Purple]I WANT TO[/COLOR][/B] [SIZE=4][B][COLOR=Magenta]move it[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] [B][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red]move it[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=4][COLOR=Teal]move it[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] :zzz:

[/LEFT]
    [/CENTER]

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zydee View Post
    the Makkah al Mukkarum in Ajyad: (A Makkah) 5 star.
    this hotel is only open during hajj season.
    the foyer has the WOW factor.
    picale bedding which they change every day irrespective whether you slept on the bed or not
    it has two toilets facing each other in the bathroom. i did not understand that!
    room service and extra meals expensive.
    even though it has a shuttle service, it runs irregularly ... and the driver did not want to drive with only me as the passenger ... HARAAM HARAAM.

Elaf Ajyad: (A Makkah) 3 star.
    great buffet. friendly staff. room service and extra meals good value.
    great shuttle service.

took 30 minutes just to get to the mataaf during peak hajj time.
    Al Muqrim is not in Ajyad, it is on the border of Kudai. It is quite far from Haram, far enough to make walking impossible. It has shuttle service.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ismail Simjee View Post
    Al Muqrim is not in Ajyad, it is on the border of Kudai. It is quite far from Haram, far enough to make walking impossible. It has shuttle service.
    Bro Ismail, it is this hotel, up the road from the ajyad hospital: http://www.ajyadmakkahhotel.com/
    it has huge signage Makkah al Mukkarim on the top part of the building.
    it is quite close to the haram, at night i would walk down cos it was cooler and quicker than taking the shuttle.
    closer to hajj time the haram was so full, people would salaah right pass the hotel entrance.
    Last edited by Zydee; 22-12-10 at 01:40 PM. Reason: incorrect link
    [CENTER][LEFT][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]– - – - – - [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]– - – - – - [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]– - – - – - –[/COLOR][/B][B][COLOR=DarkSlateGray] - – - – - [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]– - – - – - [/COLOR][COLOR=DarkSlateGray]– - – -
    [/COLOR][/B][/LEFT]
    [LEFT] [B][COLOR=Purple]I WANT TO[/COLOR][/B] [SIZE=4][B][COLOR=Magenta]move it[/COLOR][/B][/SIZE] [B][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red]move it[/COLOR][/SIZE] [SIZE=4][COLOR=Teal]move it[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B] :zzz:

[/LEFT]
    [/CENTER]

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quoted
    359 Post(s)

Hoteliers, in Makkah and Madinah, will try to be as economical with the truth as they can get away with. Makkah Muqrim is no exception and, in their own description, acknowledge that they are situated some 1,500 meters from the Haram.
    I don't know whether the link http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?hl=en&tab=wl will work. If it does, you will need to scroll downward to an area between the 2nd and 3rd ring road.
    This is where Ajyad street turns towards Jabal Thour street. Just before it turns is where the hotel Muqrim is located and, as you increase the view size the hotel's name will come up.
    It is is not walking distance I can tell you even if you managed to walk to the haram.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)

Bump!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

Fairmont Abraj Ul Bayt:

It's an excellent hotel inside and the rooms are clean and spacious and have everything you need. It is located in the Abraj complex which means you are in the courtyard of them haram as soon as you step out and thus location wise it is fantastic. You also have the food court of the shopping centre on your doorstep which has a variety of food outlets which is useful if your package doesn't include any.

The negative is that the hotel is absolutely huge and thus at busy times, there are long waits for the elevators and also for getting seated at a table for dinner.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by IbnK View Post
    Fairmont Abraj Ul Bayt:

It's an excellent hotel inside and the rooms are clean and spacious and have everything you need. It is located in the Abraj complex which means you are in the courtyard of them haram as soon as you step out and thus location wise it is fantastic. You also have the food court of the shopping centre on your doorstep which has a variety of food outlets which is useful if your package doesn't include any.

The negative is that the hotel is absolutely huge and thus at busy times, there are long waits for the elevators and also for getting seated at a table for dinner.

youre right about the rush, it's crazy esp around salah times hence I stopped staying at the towers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)

Hilton hotel

Always quick check in alhamdulilah. Within walking distance to the haramain. Rarely ever busy. I don't ever recall sharing a lift with fellow hujjaj lol.
    Clean. Good room service. Breakfast is always included in the package...probably the only downside it's soooo boring...I have seen the same dishes available for the past 5 years or so.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    163 Post(s)

Anyone stayed in Elaf Kinda hotel in Makkah please share your feedback.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

Hilton Hotel
    Stayed here during our recent Umrah trip in December with family. It is in the building between Dar ul Tauheed and Clock Tower. You take one lift which will take you to the ground floor and then you have to go through some shops before you exit for haram.My 7 year old son would easily find his way to the hotel and lifts. Perhaps if it was a clock tower hotel, he would have got slightly confused with two lifts.

We were upgraded to executive floor rooms, which I would give 10/10 marks for spaciousness, cleanliness and service. The executive lounge served breakfast, snacks all day and a light meal in the evening between 5 – 7. Although we went in a very busy period, but I never had to wait long for lifts. We were able to check in to our rooms within minutes. Housekeeping was quick and efficient. I would definitely stay here again. My rating is 10/10 for this hotel.

Dar ul Tauheed
    This hotel gets its points for its location. We stayed here during hajj 2012 . It is in front of King Fahd gate which was a lot less crowded as compared to the King Abdul Aziz gate. (I think King Abdul Aziz gate is closed these days). Even though it was a busy hajj period, but the check in was very quick. When we arrived at the hotel, our travel agent staff (Nabil Hajj and Umrah) was there holding our keys for us !
    It’s a luxurious hotel. Lavish breakfast and dinner. Very expensive too, perhaps the most expensive hotel in Mecca. 10/10 for its location and food in restaurant.

Movenpick Hotel
    Stayed here in May 2011 when we went for Umrah with a group. It is one of the hotels located in clock tower. Not sure whether it was hotels fault or the travel agent (booked with haj & umra travel limited) but we had to wait a good while before we were able to check in. Breakfast was ok and cleaning standard was ok too, but I am not keen to stay here again. My rating is 7/10

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Salaam

Has anyone stayed in Al Massa Hotel in Makkah? any reviews, tripadvisor ones dont look that great.

Also if anyone can suggest any umrah packages this Easter with Half Board/Full Board meals.

Jzk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Have a choice of swissotel Hilton suites or fairmont any suggestions

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    180 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by K2sha View Post
    Fairmount obviously!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    19 Post(s)

I would choose hilton suites from the list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    9 Post(s)

No one here is mentioning Retaj Al Bayt suites, is it good for family with kids?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

None the wiser

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    25 Post(s)

I stayed at the Fairmont during Hajj time and it has its pro's and con's (see my post on 16 November above). It's a nice hotel and on balance I would recommend it as long as you bear in mind some of the negatives and take that into account.

I don't have any personal experience with the Swissotel but I have heard good things from other people.

Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1569 Post(s)

Alhumdollilah Ive stayed at the Swiss a couple times - dont really have anything bad to say to be honest.....The only thing I dislike is that its right at the back of the Abraj ul Bait so its a fair walk in, if you use the mall entrance.

Failing that another entrance on main road.....I really like the hotel, service, staff, efficiency etc and a beautiful Haram View

If the price isnt that much different I would go with Fairmount.

Who are you booking with btw?
    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jenicca View Post
    Alhumdollilah Ive stayed at the Swiss a couple times - dont really have anything bad to say to be honest.....The only thing I dislike is that its right at the back of the Abraj ul Bait so its a fair walk in, if you use the mall entrance.

Failing that another entrance on main road.....I really like the hotel, service, staff, efficiency etc and a beautiful Haram View

If the price isnt that much different I would go with Fairmount.

Who are you booking with btw?
    Have looked on booking.com and still awaiting prices from agents

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Salaam

Has anyone stayed in Al Massa Hotel in Makkah? any reviews, tripadvisor ones dont look that great.

Also if anyone can suggest any umrah packages this Easter with Half Board/Full Board meals.

Jzk

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    8 Post(s)

We stayed at Al Massa hotel during hajj 2013 & really liked it. The room we were given was comfortable & spacious, had a nice view of the haram courtyard area & the bathroom was clean but not as shiny and new as some of the more posh hotels I will admit.
    It's probably a decent 3-4* hotel.
    What we liked the most about it was it's location. It's to the side of the clock tower development so you could go around the side, avoiding the huge crowds that are around the clock tower entrance and get to the haram easily.
    I would stay there again and I am generally fussy! I may have some pictures of the hotel from our stay but would have to search for them but I'm sure there will be some on tripadvisor/booking.com etc

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SisterAysha View Post
    We stayed at Al Massa hotel during hajj 2013 & really liked it. The room we were given was comfortable & spacious, had a nice view of the haram courtyard area & the bathroom was clean but not as shiny and new as some of the more posh hotels I will admit.
    It's probably a decent 3-4* hotel.
    What we liked the most about it was it's location. It's to the side of the clock tower development so you could go around the side, avoiding the huge crowds that are around the clock tower entrance and get to the haram easily.
    I would stay there again and I am generally fussy! I may have some pictures of the hotel from our stay but would have to search for them but I'm sure there will be some on tripadvisor/booking.com etc
    Jzk for your reply, yes evryone is saying the location is great. I know you went in 2013, but recent reviews and pictures on trip advisor says a different story.

Am not sure....

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    163 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Imy786 View Post
    Jzk for your reply, yes evryone is saying the location is great. I know you went in 2013, but recent reviews and pictures on trip advisor says a different story.

Am not sure....
    Better of going for Le Meridian or new hotel Azka Al Saffa which is few mins walk from le meridian.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quoted
    163 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ghauri786 View Post
    No one here is mentioning Retaj Al Bayt suites, is it good for family with kids?
    Stayed with group in 2014 families liked the location and spacious rooms which have 2 bathrooms small kitchen and lounge large suite can accommodate up to 8-10 people.
    The hotel is a bit of a maze might need a day or 2 to get used to the corridors.