Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

LIVE Hadeeth and Arabic Classes with Abu Mus'ab every Wednesday from 8:00PM GMT (9:00pm BST) skype: ummahradio Show Details here Show Details here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Thread: Salatul Tasbeeh

GenN
    Guests

Salatul Tasbeeh

Salaatut-Tasbih ...Salman Bin Fahd al-Oada says "we know the prayer is not lawful. This is why none of the great legal scholars recommended it."
    I read a fatwa by Shaykh Salman Bin Fahd Al-Oadah (in http://islamtoday.net/english/showanswer.cfm?id=163 ) that Salaatut-Tasbih is not from the Sunnah and that the hadeeth referring to it is weak. He says his fatwah is based upon the following reasons: (1) The hadîth about this prayer is contradictory in many ways, (2) It was not recommended by any scholar. Ibn Taymiyah said: "Ahmad and his companions stated their dislike of it and no scholar recommended it." He also said: "Abû Hanîfah and al-Shafi`î knew nothing about it." (3) The Salman Bin Fahd al-Oada says "...we know the prayer is not lawful. This is why none of the great legal scholars recommended it.". Please could you clarify situation and also provide References? May Allaah enable me to join the most beneficial service you're providing and also give you istiqamaat in all the good you are doing.

The ruling regarding Salaatul Tasbeeh is that it is permissible and, in fact, very meritorious.

The Hadith in question has been accepted as Sahih (authentic) or Hasan (sound) by various emminent Masters of Hadith. Those that claimed that it was weak, did so on the basis of a few chains of the narration. However, if all the various chains be gathered, there will remain no doubt as to its authenticity.

Hafiz ibn Hajar al-Asqalaani (RA) states that sometimes a Muhaddith classifies a certain Hadith as weak, very weak or even as a fabrication based on one or two chains that were available to him, whereas there may be other chains through which that Hadith may be classified as Hasan (sound) or even Sahih (authentic). (Anukat vol.2 pg.848-850)

Hafiz ibn Hajar (RA) then mentions the Hadith of Salaat al-Tasbeeh as an example for this and he accepts it to be in fact either Sahih (authentic) or Hasan (sound) and not Dha’eef (weak). (Ibid)

Imaam Tirmidhi (RA) says that many Ulama, among them Imaam Abdullah ibn al-Mubaarak (RA), have accepted the virtue of Salaat al-Tasbeeh. (Tirmidhi vol.2 pg.348; Hadith 481)

Imaam Bayhaqi (RA) states that ‘Salaat al-Tasbeeh was the practice of Abdullah ibn al-Mubaarak and may pious predecessors of various eras. And this in fact lends strength to its acceptability.’ (Shu’ubul Imaam vol.1 pg.427; Ilmiyyah)

Allaamah Munzhiri (RA) mentions: Many Muhadditheen have accepted it’s authority from among them are: 1) Imaam Abu-bakr al-Ajurriy, 2) Imaam Abu Muhammad al-Misriy (Ustaadh of Allaamah Munzhiri), 3) Hafiz Abul-Hasan Maqdisi (Ustaadh of Allaamah Munzhiri), 4) Imaam Abu-Dawud and 5) Imaam Haakim. (Targheeb vol.1 pg.468)

Allaamah Suyuti (RA) has enumerated upto 20 great Muhadditheen who have accepted its authenticity. Besides those that are mentioned above, some of them are: 6) Hafiz Abu-Sa’eed al-Sam’aaniy, 7) Hafiz Khateeb al-Baghdaadiy, 8) Hafiz ibn-Mandah, 9) Imaam Bayhaqi, 10) Imaam al-Subkiy, 11) Imaam al-Nawawiy, 12) Haafiz ibn al-Salah, 13) Hafiz Abu-Musa al-Madiniy, 14) Hafiz al-Alaaeiy, 15) Imaam Siraaj-ud-Deen al-Bulqiniy, 16) Hafiz al-Zarkashiy and a few others. (al-Laalil Masnoo’ah vol.2 pg.42-44)

The following list of Muhadditheen is of those who have written detailed articles on this matter: 1) Imaam al-Daraaniy, 2) Imaam Abu-Musa al-Madiniy, 3) Imaam ibn Mandah, 4) Hafiz ibn Naasirud-Deen ad-Dimishqiy, Allaamah al-Suyyooti.

As for the claim of the writer, ‘It had been unknown to the great Imaams … and presumably Imaam Shaafi’ee (RA).’

This is a claim that lacks the support of explicit quotations from those illustrious Imaams as well as any reference. In fact, the books of Hanafi Fiqh support the view of its acceptance. (refer Shaami vol.2 pg.27; HM Saeed). And several Shaafi’ee Jurists have also endorsed it, namely Imaam al-Muhaamiliy, Imaam al-Juwaini, Imaam-ul-Haramayn, Imaam Ghazaaliy, Imaam Raafi’ee and others. (al-La-aaliy vol.2 pg.43; al-Azkaar of Imaam Nawawiy pg.242)

Khateeb Baghdaadiy (RA), who is Maaliki, states that there is no reason for it not being permissible. In fact, Imaam ibn Hajar (RA) has mentioned a quotation from Imaam Maaliki from which it could be deduced that it was acceptable in his Madhab. (refer Futuhaat al-Rabbaaniyyah vol.4 pg.321) Qaadhi Iyaad Maaliki (RA) has also accepted its virtue. (Ibid)

As far as Imaam Ahmad ibn Hanbal (RA) is concerned, Hafiz ibn Hajar (RA) has stated that he had reversed his decision and was possibly inclined towards its acceptability later on. (Futuhaat al-Rabbaaniyyah vol.4 pg.318, 320)

From the above, it is apparent that there can be no doubt regarding Salaat al-Tasbeeh being an act of virtue which has been established authentically. And is accepted by a large number of celebrated scholars of Hadith as well as the scholars of Fiqh (jurisprudence).

Imaams Taajud-Deen Subki (RA) and Badrud-Deen Zarkashi have stated that it is from the fundamentals of Deen and anyone who discards it despite knowing its virtue is not on the correct path. (Futuhaat vol.4 pg.321-322)

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Moulana Muhammad ibn Moulana Haroon Abassommar
    FACULTY OF SPECIALTY IN HADITH

CHECKED AND APPROVED: Mufti Ebrahim Desai

Salatul Tasbeeh is not proved to be a sunnah/ in other words show me one hadith, just one, that says Rasulullah, SAWS, did it.....go ahead, lets have it...

I am sure you will find that most if not all the ahadith only say that it was recommended but not done by Rasulullah, SAWS.... this is exactly the kind of ******* that Islam can do without, people who constantly want to focus on issues that are of no importance to this ummah right now/ GenN your over here worried about some obscure SouthEast Asian Salaah, when brother are dying and sisters are being violated in more than 5 different Muslim regions... wake up GenN...
    “Ibn Khuwayz Mindadh [d. 390H] said: ‘And as for obedience to authority … we say of the rulers of our time it is not permissible to obey them, assist them, or venerate them; it IS obligatory to wage Jihad alongside them when they wage battle, [to accept] judgment from them, and the appointment of leaders, weights and measurements- establishment of that is from the standpoint of the Shari’ah’.”

Huja Usman
    Guests
    Is this the salah that the Imam recites subhana wal hamdulilah wallahu akbar when He is standing and on sucud

SAlat ul- Tasbeeh and the Authenticed AHadiths

asa
    iam a new meber here, and hope to lern alot,
    there is rumors goin around tehat the hadtih stating salat-ul-tasbih is a weak hadith
    can some1 plz tell ma abt this, and state a hadith by imam bukhari or muslim stating that its authenctic hadith and this prayeyer is valid
    thanx
    jazak allah khair
    Please Re-update your Signature

The scholars are divided on this salat. This salat was only reported from al-Abbas (ra), the Prophet's (saw) uncle by Abu’Dawood in a single hadith. Some scholars say that one of the narrators in the chain is weak. Sheikh al-Baani (rahima'ullah) though said that it is Saheeh.

I used to pray it, but now I have decided not to, because, by using my reasoning, I figured that if there is any doubt in an act of ibadah (worship) thats a sunnah and not fard, I would rather spend my time in an act of sunnah that has no doubt in it. So, instead of praying salat-ul-tasbih, I might just do more tahajud prayers.
    Hope that helps.
    The Messenger (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) warned: "Whoever innovates or accommodates an innovator then upon him is the curse of Allaah, His Angels and the whole of mankind." Bukhaaree and Muslim

Assalamu alaykum,

I recommend you visit www.sunnipath.com and Ask a question if you need further clarification on the following reply:

http://www.sunnipath.com/resources/Q...a00001254.aspx

http://www.sunnipath.com/resources/Q...a00001255.aspx

is it stated in the books of imam bukhari or imam muslim, because those two r thse most authentic hadeeeth collectors

erm......sure but they are not the only collections which contain Saheeh authenticated Hadith!

Did you read the two links I have posted?

It would be worth you sitting with a Shaykh to take your prayer from them.

GenN
    Guests
    Huja salatul tasbih is explained below.

Same old salafi gar bage Abu njam. How do you know the prophet Sallallaho Alihiwassallam did not read this salat? The fact that he has recommended it shows that it is permissbale and that he may very well have read it (but of course according to you somethiung recommended by Prophet Mohammed (Sallallaho Alihiwassallam) is a load of as you put it ******** ). In the books of hadith we have a very small portion of the Prophet Mohammed (Sallallaho Alihiwassallam) life has been portryaed to us. The reports of him reading this salaahmay not have reached us, but of him recomending this slaat have reached us. Why are you such a big blind follower of salafis? Did you again fail to read all the evidence i provided? And as for you claim about people dying and us talking about these issues then that has to be so absurd like most of your views. This seciton of the forum is about basic islam. If you don't want to be here, then don't be here no bodies asking you to be here. I'm also participating on jihad threads and muslims dying threads. You want us to leave everything else and focus just on jihad?

Benefits of Salat-Ul-Tasbih
    Our Master Prophet Mohammed (Sallallaho Alihiwassallam) said to his uncle (father’s brother) Sayyiduna Abbass (may Allah be pleased with him) Oh uncle shall I not give you Shall I not grant you Shall I not award you Shall I not do mercy on you When you do 10 things Allah will forgive your sins: of the future and of the past; new and old; those you have forgotten and those you did knowingly; big and small; hidden and revealed. Then he (Sallallaho Alihiwassallam) explained the taught the way to pray Salatul Tasbih and then said if you can pray this salah once a day, if you can not pray once a day then every Friday, and even if this is not possible then once a month and even if this is not possible then once a year and even if this is not possible then at least once in a lifetime (Abu’Dawood & Tirimzi)

How to perform Salatul Tasbih?
    This salaat (namaz) is offered in four rakat at a time and can be read in any part of the day and night besides Zawal and Sunrise and Sunset makrooh times, keeping in mind the forbidden times for performing Salat (namaaz). But is is preferred before Zuhr (Fatawa Alamgeeri)

The Tasbih to be read in Salaat-Ul-Tasbeeh:
    " Subhaan Allahi Wal Hamdulillahi Wa Laa ilaha illal Laahu Wallahu Akbar "

Method:
    Goal is to recite above Tasbih 300 times in Four Rakah with the following method.
    In the first rakaat, after reading Sana "Subhaana Kallahumma...", read the above tasbih 15 times.
    Now recite Aaoz "Aoozubillah...", Bismillah "Bismillah...", Then read sura Fatiha and a Surah or minimum of three small Ayayhs then read the tasbih 10 times again.
    Go to ruku saying Takbeer (Allah Hoo Akbar), after reciting "Subhaana Rabbiyal Azeem" minimum of three times read the tasbih 10 times in Ruku.
    Saying "Samee Allahu Liman Hamidah Rabbana Lakal Hamdh" get up from ruku to qiyam position.
    Now read the tasbih 10 times.
    Go to Sajdah saying Takbeer (Allah Hoo Akbar) and after reciting "Subhaana Rabbiyal A'la" minimum of three times read the tasbih 10 times in Sajdah.
    Now go after first Sajdah go to Jalsa (sitting position) saying Takbeer (Allah Hoo Akbar). Sitting in Jalsa read tasbih 10 times.
    Go to sajda again saying Takbeer (Allah Hoo Akbar) and after reciting "Subhaana Rabbiyal A'la" minimum of three times read the tasbih 10 times in Sajdah again.
    Get up to begin 2nd rakat saying Takbeer (Allah Hoo Akbar).
    Do rakah #2 in same fashion, but before reading Bismillah "Bismillah...", and Surah Fatiha, read the tasbih 15 times. Follow the rest as you did in first Rakat.
    After second Sajdah of Second Rakat sit in Qaidah Oola (first sitting) read Attahiyat, Durood and Dua then get up for 3rd rakaat without saying Salam.
    Begin third Rakat, just like the first Rakat, with Sana "Subhaana Kallahumma...", read the above tasbih 15 times. Follow the rest as you did in first Rakat untill you sit for Qaidah Akihra (last sitting) after second sajdah of fourth Rakah.
    In Qaidah Akihra Attahiyat, Durood, Dua finish Salah with Salam.

Special notes for Salat-Ul-Tasbih:
    1) Do not count loudly. It will break Salah
    2) Do not count on fingers or by holding a Bead Tasbih in hand. It is Makruh.
    3) You may count by pressing the fingers as a reminder. For example if you are in Ruku. You me press pinky of your right hand first for the first count, then the finger next to it for second count, then the middle finger for third count, following this method untill you reach the pinky of left hand will give you an exact count of ten. Use the same method in Qayam, Sajdah and Jalsa.
    4) If missed a count then make it up in the next posture. For example if forgot to recite Tasbih after Surah in Qayam. Then you may recite Tasbish 20 times instead of 10 in Rukuh after "Subhaana Rabbiyal Azeem". Missed Tasbih cannot be recited in Qayam after ruku and Jalsa between Sajdah. If you missed the Tasbih in Ruku then recite 20 in the first Sajdah instead of the Qayam after rukuh. Similarly if missed the Tasbih in first Sajdah then do not make it up in Jalsa. Instead recite missed tasbih in the second Sajdah. If Tasbih has been missed in last sajdah of second or fourth Rakah then you can recite the missed ones before Attahiyat in Qaidah.
    5) If you miss a wajib in Salah and have to do Sajdah Sahaw. You dont have to recite Tasbih in Sajdah sahoo, since the 300 count has been estalished. But if you had missed Tasbih in any of the postures and remeber it now. Then you may recite the missed Tasbih in Sajdah Sahaw now.
    6) It is preferable to recite after Surah Fatiha Sura Takathuur in the first raka’, Surah Wal A’sr in the second raka’, Surah Kaferoon (qul ya aiyuhal Kafiroon) in the third and Surah Akhlas (Qul hu Allah-hu ahd) in the fourth raka’. If one does not remember these surah they can recite the ones they prefer.

May Allah accept this dua’ (supplication) for the sake of the trustworthy PROPHET MOHAMMED (Allah’s Grace & Peace be upon him)

i did read them
    but still am sure uve herd abt all the opinions goin around
    cose now some pplz are saying its a weak hadith, u no
    that y i am lookin for more saheeh hadith

Ignore them..... and, it IS a Saheeh Hadith!

Huja Usman
    Guests
    Originally posted by AbuNajm
    Salatul Tasbeeh is not proved to be a sunnah/ in other words show me one hadith, just one, that says Rasulullah, SAWS, did it.....go ahead, lets have it...

There must be hadis. Other wise the ulama of the ummah (may allah protect them)

would not have done them

plz provide more than one evidence plzzz

plz provide more than one evidence plzzz
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aiasha,
    Sister, there is only ONE evidence (ONLY ONE hadith) on this Salat per my comment above. Thats why some scholars recommed not to bother with it, where others say it is OK to pray it. It is upto the individual.
    The Messenger (sallallaahu alaihi wasallam) warned: "Whoever innovates or accommodates an innovator then upon him is the curse of Allaah, His Angels and the whole of mankind." Bukhaaree and Muslim

GenN
    Guests
    Huja, ive already given one such hadith above.

Our Master Prophet Mohammed (Sallallaho Alihiwassallam) said to his uncle (father’s brother) Sayyiduna Abbass (may Allah be pleased with him) Oh uncle shall I not give you Shall I not grant you Shall I not award you Shall I not do mercy on you When you do 10 things Allah will forgive your sins: of the future and of the past; new and old; those you have forgotten and those you did knowingly; big and small; hidden and revealed. Then he (Sallallaho Alihiwassallam) explained the taught the way to pray Salatul Tasbih and then said if you can pray this salah once a day, if you can not pray once a day then every Friday, and even if this is not possible then once a month and even if this is not possible then once a year and even if this is not possible then at least once in a lifetime (Abu’Dawood & Tirimzi)

Also take note of this

Imaams Taajud-Deen Subki (RA) and Badrud-Deen Zarkashi have stated that it is from the fundamentals of Deen and anyone who discards it despite knowing its virtue is not on the correct path. (Futuhaat vol.4 pg.321-322)

GenN
    Guests
    Assalamalikum

The vast majority of scholars have accepted saltul tasbih. Some have gone as far as to say that those who do not accept saltul tasbih are not on the correct path. Here is a vast amount of evidence from what the scholars of islam say about saltul tasbih.

Aisha your view of sticking to just muslim and bukahri is wrong and very dangeorus. there are many other sahih collections out there. You cannot afford to stick to just simply bukhari and muslim and ignore everything else. No scholar, worthy of note, ever did this. This is a suicidal concept you have.

Anyways the evidences for saltul tasbih

first the hadith (reported in dawud and tirmidhi)

Now to look at what the great scholars of islam in the past have said about it

The ruling regarding Salaatul Tasbeeh is that it is permissible and, in fact, very meritorious.

The Hadith in question has been accepted as Sahih (authentic) or Hasan (sound) by various emminent Masters of Hadith. Those that claimed that it was weak, did so on the basis of a few chains of the narration. However, if all the various chains be gathered, there will remain no doubt as to its authenticity.

Hafiz ibn Hajar al-Asqalaani (RA) states that sometimes a Muhaddith classifies a certain Hadith as weak, very weak or even as a fabrication based on one or two chains that were available to him, whereas there may be other chains through which that Hadith may be classified as Hasan (sound) or even Sahih (authentic). (Anukat vol.2 pg.848-850)

Hafiz ibn Hajar (RA) then mentions the Hadith of Salaat al-Tasbeeh as an example for this and he accepts it to be in fact either Sahih (authentic) or Hasan (sound) and not Dha’eef (weak). (Ibid)

Imaam Tirmidhi (RA) says that many Ulama, among them Imaam Abdullah ibn al-Mubaarak (RA), have accepted the virtue of Salaat al-Tasbeeh. (Tirmidhi vol.2 pg.348; Hadith 481)

Imaam Bayhaqi (RA) states that ‘Salaat al-Tasbeeh was the practice of Abdullah ibn al-Mubaarak and may pious predecessors of various eras. And this in fact lends strength to its acceptability.’ (Shu’ubul Imaam vol.1 pg.427; Ilmiyyah)

Allaamah Munzhiri (RA) mentions: Many Muhadditheen have accepted it’s authority from among them are: 1) Imaam Abu-bakr al-Ajurriy, 2) Imaam Abu Muhammad al-Misriy (Ustaadh of Allaamah Munzhiri), 3) Hafiz Abul-Hasan Maqdisi (Ustaadh of Allaamah Munzhiri), 4) Imaam Abu-Dawud and 5) Imaam Haakim. (Targheeb vol.1 pg.468)

Allaamah Suyuti (RA) has enumerated upto 20 great Muhadditheen who have accepted its authenticity. Besides those that are mentioned above, some of them are: 6) Hafiz Abu-Sa’eed al-Sam’aaniy, 7) Hafiz Khateeb al-Baghdaadiy, 8) Hafiz ibn-Mandah, 9) Imaam Bayhaqi, 10) Imaam al-Subkiy, 11) Imaam al-Nawawiy, 12) Haafiz ibn al-Salah, 13) Hafiz Abu-Musa al-Madiniy, 14) Hafiz al-Alaaeiy, 15) Imaam Siraaj-ud-Deen al-Bulqiniy, 16) Hafiz al-Zarkashiy and a few others. (al-Laalil Masnoo’ah vol.2 pg.42-44)

The following list of Muhadditheen is of those who have written detailed articles on this matter: 1) Imaam al-Daraaniy, 2) Imaam Abu-Musa al-Madiniy, 3) Imaam ibn Mandah, 4) Hafiz ibn Naasirud-Deen ad-Dimishqiy, Allaamah al-Suyyooti.

As for the claim of the writer, ‘It had been unknown to the great Imaams … and presumably Imaam Shaafi’ee (RA).’

This is a claim that lacks the support of explicit quotations from those illustrious Imaams as well as any reference. In fact, the books of Hanafi Fiqh support the view of its acceptance. (refer Shaami vol.2 pg.27; HM Saeed). And several Shaafi’ee Jurists have also endorsed it, namely Imaam al-Muhaamiliy, Imaam al-Juwaini, Imaam-ul-Haramayn, Imaam Ghazaaliy, Imaam Raafi’ee and others. (al-La-aaliy vol.2 pg.43; al-Azkaar of Imaam Nawawiy pg.242)

Khateeb Baghdaadiy (RA), who is Maaliki, states that there is no reason for it not being permissible. In fact, Imaam ibn Hajar (RA) has mentioned a quotation from Imaam Maaliki from which it could be deduced that it was acceptable in his Madhab. (refer Futuhaat al-Rabbaaniyyah vol.4 pg.321) Qaadhi Iyaad Maaliki (RA) has also accepted its virtue. (Ibid)

As far as Imaam Ahmad ibn Hanbal (RA) is concerned, Hafiz ibn Hajar (RA) has stated that he had reversed his decision and was possibly inclined towards its acceptability later on. (Futuhaat al-Rabbaaniyyah vol.4 pg.318, 320)

From the above, it is apparent that there can be no doubt regarding Salaat al-Tasbeeh being an act of virtue which has been established authentically. And is accepted by a large number of celebrated scholars of Hadith as well as the scholars of Fiqh (jurisprudence).

Huja Usman
    Guests
    Originally posted by GenN
    Huja, ive already given one such hadith above.

Also take note of this
    Jazkallahu Khayr akhi GenN

Wallahi your posts are full of enlightment,

thanx alot for this info
    wut site can i find it on
    nd mohabdul i dunt stcik to only those two, i was juz saying, 2 grt examples

GenN
    Guests
    Aisha i recommend the following sites to you

www.ask-imam.com
    www.central-mosque.com
    www.sunnipath.com

of course thats from one Sufi to another/ LOL....
    “Ibn Khuwayz Mindadh [d. 390H] said: ‘And as for obedience to authority … we say of the rulers of our time it is not permissible to obey them, assist them, or venerate them; it IS obligatory to wage Jihad alongside them when they wage battle, [to accept] judgment from them, and the appointment of leaders, weights and measurements- establishment of that is from the standpoint of the Shari’ah’.”

Huja Usman
    Guests
    Originally posted by AbuNajm
    of course thats from one Sufi to another/ LOL....
    so now i've been included in your list LOL I wonderd when I'll would join it.lol

If you mean sufi by the ones who loves Allah and his Resul and enjoyes what is allowed and forbids what is evil then include me.

If you mean sufi as the deviant ones who have made bid'at in our deen I am not one of them.

I am the follower of the great ZAHID/Sufi Muhammed saw and sahabi Abu Dharr and salaf-I-Salah.

And there is nothing wrong with that.

May Allah guide us ALL

Abu Najm where are you akhi?

I am here now on the Muslim forum.

The Tasbih Prayer

Answered byShaykh Abu Usama, South Africa

Question: Can you please explain the significance of Salaat-ut-Tasbeeh? i searched on the hanafi messages to see if there has been a message related to this. Please also provide details of how to offer this prayer.

Al-Salam `alaykum

It is recorded in Sunan Abi Dawud and other books of hadith that Rasulullah (sallallahu `alayhi wasallam once said to his uncle Hadrat `Abbas (r.a.) : O Abbas! O my uncle! Shall I not give you a gift? Shall I not show you something by means of which Allah Ta`ala will forgive your sins, the first and the last of them, the past and recent, the unintentional and the intentional, the small and huge, the secret and open?

Rasulullah (sallallahu `alayhi wasallam) then taught him the Salah al-Tasbih. Furthermore he advised him that it be offered daily, if possible. If not then every Friday or once a month or once a year or at least once in one's life time.

Salah al-Tasbih consists of 4 raka`at. It can be performed any time of the day or night except at the makruhtimes.

The following tasbih is recited seventy-five times in each rak`ah totalling 300 in the 4 raka`at.

Subhaanallaahi walhamdu lillaahi walaa ilaaha illallaahu wallaahu akbar

The method of this salah is as follows:

After beginning the salah by saying Allah-u-Akbar recite the thana ', Sura al-Fatiha and a Sura followed by the above tasbih 15 times.
    Then go into Ruku and after reciting the usual tasbih for ruku` recite the above tasbih 10 times.
    After standing up from ruku` recite the usual Rabbana Lakal Hamdand thereafter recite the tasbih 10 times.
    Then go into Sajda and after reciting the usual tasbih for sajda recite the above tasbih 10 times.
    Then sit up from sajda and recite the tasbih 10 times between the two sajdas.
    Thereafer go into sajda again and after reciting the usual tasbih for sajda recite the above tasbih 10 times.
    Then sit after the 2nd sajda (i.e. before standing up for the second rak`ah) and recite the tasbih 10 times.

This adds up to 75 times in one rak`ah. Do the same for the remaining 4 raka`at.

Abu Usamah

By the way the Hadith re. Salatul Tasbih are SAHEEH according to the majority of qualified Muhadiths including, for example, Hafidh Ibn Hajar!

and brother sunni

this is one of those areas where i say i must agree with you, i remember salatul tasbih and recently i heard it is a bidah or weak

and as you said, did ALL of our previous scholars get it wrong

maybe not, maybe so, and Allah knows best

.لا نر زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد

GenN
    Guests
    Originally posted by AbuMubarak

and as you said, did ALL of our previous scholars get it wrong

Rarely practiced Prayer by which Allah forgives Future, Past, hidden, public sins!

From Fiqh Us Sunnah Vol. 2

Salatul Tasbih

'Ikrimah reports from Ibn 'Abbas that the Messenger of Allah said to 'Abbas ibn 'Abdal-Mutalib: "O 'Abbas, O Uncle, shall I not give you, shall I not present to you, shall I not donate to you, shall I not tell you ten things which, if you do, Allah will forgive your first and last sins, past and present sins, intentional and unintentional sins, private and public sins?

The ten actions are: pray four rak'at, reciting in every rak'ah al-Fatihah and a surah.

And when you finish the Qur'anic recitation of the first rak'ah, say, while standing, 'Subhanallah, al-hamdulillah, wa la ilaha illallah, wa Allahu Akbar' ['Glory be to Allah. All praise is due to Allah. There is no God except Allah. Allah is the greatest.'] fifteen times.

Then make ruku', and while you are in ruku', say the same ten times.

Then stand, and say the same ten times.

Then go down and make sajdah, and while you're in sajdah, say the same ten times.

Then sit after the sajdah, and say the same ten times.

Then make sajdah, and say the same ten times.

Then sit after the second sajdah, and say the same another ten times.

That is seventy-five [repetitions of the phrases] in each rak'ah.
    Do that in each of the four rak'at. If you can pray it once a day, do so. If you cannot, then once every Friday. If you cannot do that, then once a year. And if you cannot do that then once in your life."

This is related by Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah, Ibn Khuzaimah in his sahih, and at-Tabarani. About this hadith al-Munzhiri says: "This hadith has been related through many chains and from a number of companions. The best of them is this one from 'Ikrimah. A group of scholars have graded it to be sahih, including al-Hafez Abu Bakr al-'Ajari, (al-Munzhiri's teachers), Abu Muhammad 'Abdurrahim al-Misri, and Abu al-Hassan al-Maqdisi." Ibn alMubarak says: "The tasbih prayer is a greatly desired act and it is desirable that one should punctually observe it and never neglect it.

Many of us ask Allah for knowledge and knowledge that is not acted upon is a burden. Who amongst us cannot do this at least ONCE in our life? Just ONCE. So pray this pray brothers and sisters and be forgiven in sha'allah.

Soulja
    Guests
    Salatul Tasbih is declared as a fabricated thing by some scholars.
    Some still recognize it as true.

I will look it up if you want me to, but right now I am really tired, I am sorry.

Jazakallah wa Khayrun

Please do look it up. If you say that some of the scholars authenticate it I guess I will leave it so those who follow that opinion can practice it but I would like to no more info about the chain's strength and weaknesses and who said it was authentic and who didn't.

Jazakallahu khair

http://www.qss.org/questions/data/Fu...ls_Salaat.html

Added on: March 10, 1997
    79) I am just wondering if you know how to perform Tasbih Prayer

There are authentic hadiths in this regard in Ahmad, Abu Dawud, at-Tirmidthi, Ibn Maajah, etc. They describe it as follows:

Four Rak'aat, in each rak'aah you recite al-Faatihah and another surah from the Qur'an.
    After recitation in each, you say 15 times "subhanallaah, wal-hamdu lillaah, walaa ilaaha illallaah, wallaahu akbar".
    Then you go to rukoo' and say the same 10 times.
    Then you stand and say the same 10 times.
    Then you go to sujood and say the same 10 times.
    Then you sit up and say the same 10 times.
    Then you go to sujood and say the same 10 times.
    Then you sit up and say the same 10 times.
    You repeat this in each rak'ah, saying a total of 75x4 of these "tasbeehs". It is recommended to pray it at least once in a lifetime, and the more the better, because it erases all sins.

Salaatut-Tasbih ...Salman Bin Fahd al-Oada says "we know the prayer is not lawful. This is why none of the great legal scholars recommended it."

I read a fatwa by Shaykh Salman Bin Fahd Al-Oadah (in http://islamtoday.net/english/showanswer.cfm?id=163 ) that Salaatut-Tasbih is not from the Sunnah and that the hadeeth referring to it is weak. He says his fatwah is based upon the following reasons: (1) The hadîth about this prayer is contradictory in many ways, (2) It was not recommended by any scholar. Ibn Taymiyah said: "Ahmad and his companions stated their dislike of it and no scholar recommended it." He also said: "Abû Hanîfah and al-Shafi`î knew nothing about it." (3) The Salman Bin Fahd al-Oada says "...we know the prayer is not lawful. This is why none of the great legal scholars recommended it.". Please could you clarify situation and also provide References? May Allaah enable me to join the most beneficial service you're providing and also give you istiqamaat in all the good you are doing.

Search Q & A's

View Q & A's

Ask a Question

CHECKED AND APPROVED: Mufti Ebrahim Desai

From ask-imam.com

Allah (swt) is most merciful.

Soulja
    Guests
    Yeah Desai and the Deoband says its authentic, I remember now.

Does anyone know what Munajjid, Islamonline, or Sunnipath asy about it? I can go get it now actually, be right back.

Soulja
    Guests
    The Tasbih Prayer: Is It A Reprehensible Innovation?

Answered by Sidi Faraz Rabbani

Is the "Salatut Tasbeeh" an innovation that should be avoided? I ask this because I have noticed that certain scholars have classified the hadith regarding Salatul Tasbeeh as a weak and fabricated hadith, and should be avoided. Can you please tell me where the Hanafi school stand on this issue?

Walaikum assalam,

There is a long-standing dispute among the hadith scholars about the status of the hadiths regarding the Tasbih Prayer.

But the stronger opinion does seem to be that the hadith is sound, and Allah knows best, as Hafidh Ibn Hajar stated, and confirmed by my friend and teacher, Shaykh Ahmad Abd al-Jabbar.

In the Hanafi madhhab, it is recommended, as mentioned in the major texts, such as Ibn Abidin's Hashiya.

Walaikum assalam,
    Faraz Rabbani.

The Prophet (saw) said: "That which is lawful is clear and that which is
    unlawful is clear, and in between the two of them are doubtful matters out which not many people know. Thus he who avoids doubtful matters clears himself in regards to his religion and honor. But he who falls into doubtful matters falls into that which is forbidden (haraam). (Bukhari and Muslim)

Actually there is no doubt! And it is clear it is lawful because Hadith scholar say Hadith is Sahih

I'm uncertain about the opinon of Shaykh Munjjid but I know that in a compilation of fataawa by Shaykh 'Uthaymeen (which I will include if requested but I don't have the book now) he says that it is not authentic.

Originally posted by AbdulRahman
    Actually there is no doubt! And it is clear it is lawful because Hadith scholar say Hadith is Sahih

No, it is fabricated. Even hadeeth scholars make mistakes that is why Allah has given us many scholars and muslims so that we may correct each other.

Is there a hadith that supports Salat Ul-Tasaabeeh? If so, what is the reference?

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

There are ahaadeeth concerning Salaat al-Tasaabeeh which are attributed to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), and which were classed as hasan by some of the scholars, but may scholars said that they are da’eef (weak) and that this prayer is not prescribed in Islam.

The Standing Committee was asked about Salaat al-Tasaabeeh, and they answered:

Salaat al-Tasaabeeh is a bid’ah (innovation) and the hadeeth concerning it is not proven, rather it is munkar. Some of the scholars mentioned it among the mawdoo’ (fabricated) ahaadeeth.

See Fataawa al-Lajnah al-Daa’imah, vol. 8, p. 163

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said: Salaat al-Tasaabeeh is not prescribed, because the hadeeth is da’eef (weak). Imaam Ahmad said there is no sound evidence for it. Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah said it is a fabrication, and he said that none of the imaams recommended it. He (may Allaah have mercy on him) spoke the truth, because whoever examines this prayer will find that it is odd in the way it is performed … Moreover, if it were prescribed, it would have been something that was reported in many reports because of its great virtue and reward. Since there are no such reports and none of the imaams described it as being recommended, we know that it is not proven. The oddness in the way in which it is performed is as described in the hadeeth narrated concerning it, which says that it is to be performed once every day, or once every week, or once every month, or once every year, or once in a lifetime. This indicates that these reports are not sound; if it were prescribed, it would be something to be done on a regular basis, and one would not be given such a variety of options.

On this basis, people should not do this prayer. And Allaah knows best.

Fataawa Manaar al-Islam, 1/203

http://63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=en...QR=22872&dgn=4

so does anyone know for sure, if this is sahih or fabricated?

and i'd also like to know, that while your reciting 10 times each in each position, is that all you recite? or do you still perform your regular salat, and then recite the tasabeeh?

The classical scholars like Ibn Hajar al Asqalani and others have declared the Hadith saheeh.

Salah al-Tasbih consists of 4 raka`at. It can be performed any time of the day or night except at the makruhtimes.

The following tasbih is recited seventy-five times in each rak`ah totalling 300 in the 4 raka`at.

Subhaanallaahi walhamdu lillaahi walaa ilaaha illallaahu wallaahu akbar

The method of this salah is as follows:

After beginning the salah by saying Allah-u-Akbar recite the thana ', Sura al-Fatiha and a Sura followed by the above tasbih 15 times.
    Then go into Ruku and after reciting the usual tasbih for ruku` recite the above tasbih 10 times.
    After standing up from ruku` recite the usual Rabbana Lakal Hamdand thereafter recite the tasbih 10 times.
    Then go into Sajda and after reciting the usual tasbih for sajda recite the above tasbih 10 times.
    Then sit up from sajda and recite the tasbih 10 times between the two sajdas.
    Thereafer go into sajda again and after reciting the usual tasbih for sajda recite the above tasbih 10 times.
    Then sit after the 2nd sajda (i.e. before standing up for the second rak`ah) and recite the tasbih 10 times.

This adds up to 75 times in one rak`ah. Do the same for the remaining 4 raka`at.

Abu Usamah