Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Would you marry someone you met online?

Salam folks =)

So, would you marry somene you met online?

Either you were looking or for someone online deliberately or it just happened?

Would you?

Do you think it's embarrasing to marry someone "from the internet" - or it's Ok?

Your views = appreciated. Thanks all!

=)

Striving for Perfection Ibrahim70's Avatar

Re: Would you marry someone you met online?

:

If I met a Sister, only chatted to her through email and MSN and then thought of marriage? Thats wrong.

If I met a Sister, got to know her online and then met her face to face and THEN thought of marriage? Thats right.

Just my opinion but I think you need to at least meet a person before deciding if you both will be able to love one another.
    “Allah does not place a burden upon a person except that which he is capable” (Al-Baqarah: 286)

الله مولانا ولا مولى لهم Abu Jaffar's Avatar

As long as it is carried out islamically, it will be like any marriage medium.
    islamway
    اللهم ارزقنا حُسن الخاتِمة

Wasalaam,

I personally would not marry someone from online-
    its far too risky and i could get a proposal through the Imam from our Masjid

thats me, but for some that dont live within a Muslim area I think then maybe it could hold some benefits to marry a Muslim if there are no other means

it would be a last resort kind of thing
    .................................................. ............ .................................................. .................................

it is just a means to meet people like other avenues in my opinion. and as long as islamic principles are observed like bro abu jaffar said, i don't see anything wrong with it.
    “Verily, I constantly renew my Islam until this very day, as up to now, I do not consider myself to have ever been a good Muslim.” Sheikh Al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (Narrated by Ibn-al Qayyim in ‘Madarij as-Salikin” 1/218)

I wouldn't mind if she is proper and is not a poser.
    "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History

~**~**~**~**~**~ ze leetle elper's Avatar

Have had this topic a million times before!
    What does 'freedom' mean?

Does the eagle want to swim in the sea,
    Restricted by the sky?

Does the fish want to dance on the wind,
    Not enough river to explore?

Yet the sky is freedom for the bird
    but death for the fish,

The sea is wide for the fish
    but will engulf the bird.

We ask for freedom but freedom to do what?
    We can only express our nature as it was created.

The prayer mat of the earth is freedom,
    freedom from slavery to other than the One,
    Who offers an shoreless ocean of love to swim in
    and a horizon that extends to the next life,

Think my parents would kill me before it got that far

شهيد إن شاء الله

what if you met sombody on Ummah lol!
    And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allâh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allâh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

why? have you found someone...

Masha'Allah!
    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

Revive A Sunnah

The Qur'an Club !!

Just like any other way of meeting someone. You can meet a fake in person and you can meet a fake on the net... with right intentions any way of finding a spouse is acceptable.
    Allahu Akbar kabira, walhamdulllah kathira, wa subhanallahi bukratan wa'asila.

Well I wouldn't believe a single word until I meet the sister and her family in person.

Online you can paint your picture with flying colours but in reality it's always a different story.

never.
    “This day I have perfected your religion for you,completed My Favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion.” [5:3]"I have created the jinns and the humans solely to worship Me."[51:56]"a woman's heart should be lost in God, that a man needs to see him in order to find her"

Gone.

I'd marry someone I liked the sound of, and then met in person and made a decision.

I wouldn't marry someone I had got to know online, because there are some weird Muslim males on the internet - most of them can be found on Facebook.

Wouldn't it be a hassle, say, if that potential lives on the other side of the world?
    Call onto Allah, such that you are certain that He, al-Mujib wal-Kareem, will answer your call before you even lower your hands.
    وَقَالَ رَبُّكُمُ ادْعُونِي أَسْتَجِبْ لَكُمْ

Quote Originally Posted by Jenicca View Post
    why? have you found someone...

Masha'Allah!
    I know someone who has........ !

Account Disabled

What if initially you met someone in real life 10%
    then on internet forum without proper interaction 90%
    then again in real life

so you understand the distress, stress, depression, how some people feel tormented?

...اللهم أحفظ لنا قلوبنا whisperofimaan's Avatar

^ lol, that's definitely some drama

What I would like to know is if you met someone on the internet, how would you tell your partents? lol
    الحق لا يعرف بالرجال، اعرف الحق تعرف رجاله

شهيد إن شاء الله

It defenetly would be awkward.
    And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allâh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allâh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

sponsor an orphan

If someone is mature and serious enough to get married then they sould be okay about talking to their parents about it.

Its much better than having a haraam relationship, which would be far more embarassing for the parents if they found out, esp through other means.
    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

Revive A Sunnah

The Qur'an Club !!

Alisha Mohammed Islam Attiyah Abdul Hamid's Avatar

As long as its halal and it depends where the person is from and if anybody knows them

i could trust it more if someone was recommended... but not a random person off the internet you dont know who they are or their intentions
    ♥ ♥ Be mindful of Allaah, and Allaah will protect you. Be mindful of Allaah and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allaah; if you seek help. Seek help of Allaah. Know that if the nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allaah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allaah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried. ♥ ♥

http://www.theislamicemailcircle.com...anner-new5.jpg

* ~ “Only those who are patient shall receive their reward in full, without reckoning.” (39:10) ~ *

شهيد إن شاء الله

If someone is mature and serious enough to get married then they sould be okay about talking to their parents about it.

Its much better than having a haraam relationship, which would be far more embarassing for the parents if they found out, esp through other means.
    not if your parrents are kuffar man. marrage at 21 is weird lol.

go and "have fun"

i dont see the fun in having illigetamate chilren who might not be muslim and if they are, when they all grown up they will have to cope with the fact that they were illigetamate.

ok, thats was off topic. my point stands tho.

sponsor an orphan

الإسلام هو الحياة sis_on_sunnah's Avatar

ha ha i've had a good few proposals through ummah and to be fair, i did consider one. lol. i dont think it's that weird finding someone online, as long as you take the proper precautions to ensure that the procedure is islamic.
    http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

Quote Originally Posted by sis_on_sunnah View Post
    ha ha i've had a good few proposals through ummah and to be fair, i did consider one. lol. i dont think it's that weird finding someone online, as long as you take the proper precautions to ensure that the procedure is islamic.
    proposals through ummah- i thought this wasnt a marriage site!
    .................................................. ............ .................................................. .................................

Quote Originally Posted by Init View Post
    Salam folks =)

So, would you marry somene you met online?

Either you were looking or for someone online deliberately or it just happened?

Would you?

Do you think it's embarrasing to marry someone "from the internet" - or it's Ok?

Your views = appreciated. Thanks all!

=)
    Wa Alayk.

yah id marry from online but only if i do the get to know process lol. its ok to seek sum1 from net. they are humans too not aliens

Account Disabled

To be honest, it's difficult to find proper people around in the community/family at least from what I'm noticing. Since the "extremists"/"strangers" are clumped on online forums/dawah rooms, so you've got a better chance to get that type of person online.

I'd still find it awkward though when family asks "where did you found this person?" The internet! lolz...but you gotta do what you gotta do.

yeah...
    The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
    (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
    In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

**rotfl**

coulda woulda shudda.
    Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

No.
    I'm not judging.
    Just not for me.

الإسلام هو الحياة sis_on_sunnah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyMuslim View Post
    thats what i thought sis. lol. you would be surprised
    http://www.deenulhuq.wordpress.com

Don't depend on anyone too much in this world because even your own shadow leaves you when you are in darkness ~ibn taymiyyah

I met one of my friends online lol..she was the first person i met off the internet!

My parents suggested finding a spouse online believe it or not, i was surprised!...probs cos they realise they know literally know one.

Alisha Mohammed Islam Attiyah Abdul Hamid's Avatar

depends on what who how when where why
    ♥ ♥ Be mindful of Allaah, and Allaah will protect you. Be mindful of Allaah and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allaah; if you seek help. Seek help of Allaah. Know that if the nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allaah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allaah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried. ♥ ♥

http://www.theislamicemailcircle.com...anner-new5.jpg

* ~ “Only those who are patient shall receive their reward in full, without reckoning.” (39:10) ~ *

Quote Originally Posted by loonietoonie View Post
    To be honest, it's difficult to find proper people around in the community/family at least from what I'm noticing. Since the "extremists"/"strangers" are clumped on online forums/dawah rooms, so you've got a better chance to get that type of person online.

I'd still find it awkward though when family asks "where did you found this person?" The internet! lolz...but you gotta do what you gotta do.
    id rather go for the 'extremists' any day than the druggies that seem to be surrounding my end
    nobody wants marriage for serious stuff it seems- only for a bit of fun
    you have to be extremely picky when it comes to this
    to find a practicing brother is rare and treasured alas they are jobless

so then with the disguises in my community- guess internet would be far worse
    or would it be better as only serious people would consider marriage online?

No, people on the internet are weirdos
    (I know I am :P)
    My ♥ only lets الله‎ in
    ‘O Allah, forgive me, have mercy upon me, guide me, give me health and grant me sustenance.’
    “Once you are real you can't become unreal again. It lasts for always.”

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by .mirror. View Post
    Wouldn't it be a hassle, say, if that potential lives on the other side of the world?
    but if is worthy why not try to do it?

anyway.. yeh i'd marry online and offline LOL,
    alhamdulillah 4 whtevr Allah decreed
    أشهد أن لا إله إلاَّ الله و أشهد أن محمد رسول الله

Account Disabled

My dad would have burned my passport and left me in Somalia for a couple of years to teach me a lesson lol

^ lool

Online stuff doesn't go down well with Somali parents. "all that time I thought you were doing school work you were online shukaansi-ing?? cajeeb"
    May we reach daruSalaam by His, and only His Decree
    I would die for the cause if I knew only to what degree
    My Blog

♥ a crooked rib ♥ ~TwinklingStar~'s Avatar

Yeah...provided we both know atleast one other person personally in common.

I would never marry a total stranger...online or otherwise

I DONT REPLY 2 PM'S

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyMuslim View Post
    lol i wouldn't be too excited its the same few people that go around proposing to numerous members
    Jo kaam karta hai tu chup ke jahaan se
    koi dekhta hai tujhe aasmaan se

Odan

Mind you there are some who'd 'prefer' that than 'you don't even know them, how can you marry them' blah blah. Actually that way is becoming more accepted now than the other way