Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Alisha Mohammed Islam Attiyah Abdul Hamid's Avatar

Lightbulb hadiths that have influenced your life... share and let others benefit from them too!

Asalaamu Alaikum...
    I know a lot of us read some hadiths and instantly they stick with us and we always remember them...
    In the same way some hadiths have really changed our lives for the good Alhamdulilah.

I think its a good idea for us to post some hadiths that are our favourite or ones that changed our lives in hope that others can benefit and put them into practice too Insha'Allah...
    ♥ ♥ Be mindful of Allaah, and Allaah will protect you. Be mindful of Allaah and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allaah; if you seek help. Seek help of Allaah. Know that if the nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allaah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allaah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried. ♥ ♥

http://www.theislamicemailcircle.com...anner-new5.jpg

* ~ “Only those who are patient shall receive their reward in full, without reckoning.” (39:10) ~ *

Re: hadiths that have influenced your life... share and let others benefit from them

"I am with my slave when he thinks of me
    and I am with him when he mentions me.
    For if he mentions me to himself, I have
    mentioned him to myself;
    and if he mentions me in a gathering
    I have mentioned him in a superior gathering.
    If he approaches me by a hand's width,
    I approach him by an arm's length;
    and if he approaches me by an arm's length,
    I approach him by a mile's length.
    And if he come to me walking,
    I hasten to him swiftly."

Hadith Al-Bukhari 8/171:

Re: hadiths that have influenced your life... share and let others benefit from them

There are so many, I don't know where to start! (Alhamdulillah) But I will post them once I get them all

Quote Originally Posted by -MA- View Post
    mentioned him to myself;

Hadith Al-Bukhari 8/171:
    What a beautiful Hadith! brother

The Prophet (saw) said: ‘Every religion has a distinctive characteristic, and the characteristic of Islam is modesty’. (Ibn Majah, Malik)

The Prophet (saw) said: ‘Each one of you is the mirror of his brother, so if he sees any blemish in him, he should wipe it away from him’. (Tirmidhi)

The Prophet (saw) said: ‘Paradise is nearer to you than the tip of your sandals, and so is the Hellfire’. (Bukhari)

The Prophet (saw) said: ‘The (good) deeds most loved by Allah are those that are done regularly, even if they are small’. (Bukhari, Muslim)

The Prophet (saw) said: ‘If one of you had a stream running at his door and he bathed in it five times every day, do you think any dirt would be left on him?’ His Companions answered, ‘No dirt at all would be left on him!’ He said, ‘That is like the five (daily) prayers are like, with which Allah washes away your sins’. (Bukhari)
    ♥ ♥ Be mindful of Allaah, and Allaah will protect you. Be mindful of Allaah and you will find Him in front of you. If you ask, ask of Allaah; if you seek help. Seek help of Allaah. Know that if the nation were to gather together to benefit you with anything, it would benefit you only with something that Allaah had already prescribed for you, and that if they gather together to harm you with anything, they would harm you only with something Allaah had already prescribed for you. The pens have been lifted and the pages have dried. ♥ ♥

* ~ “Only those who are patient shall receive their reward in full, without reckoning.” (39:10) ~ *

Quote Originally Posted by lowering wings View Post
    There are so many, I don't know where to start! (Alhamdulillah) But I will post them once I get them all
    Insha'Allah

Quote Originally Posted by -MA- View Post
    mentioned him to myself;

Hadith Al-Bukhari 8/171:

Jazak'Allah Khair.. Lovely hadith Masha'Allah

I love this Hadeeth,every time I remember this hadeeth I feel very emotional. it was posted by ahaneefah in this thread http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...eloved...-quot
    “Verily, I constantly renew my Islam until this very day, as up to now, I do not consider myself to have ever been a good Muslim.” Sheikh Al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (Narrated by Ibn-al Qayyim in ‘Madarij as-Salikin” 1/218)

Quote Originally Posted by Musaaafir View Post
    I love this Hadeeth,every time I remember this hadeeth I feel very emotional. it was posted by ahaneefah in this thread http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...eloved...-quot
    subhan'Allah that made me go cold
    lovely hadith mashallah

Quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Alisha View Post
    subhan'Allah that made me go cold
    lovely hadith mashallah
    This is a very very deep hadith. I encourage you to ponder upon each word of this hadith.
    “Verily, I constantly renew my Islam until this very day, as up to now, I do not consider myself to have ever been a good Muslim.” Sheikh Al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (Narrated by Ibn-al Qayyim in ‘Madarij as-Salikin” 1/218)

This is a very very deep hadith. I encourage you to ponder upon each word of this hadith.
    Insha'Allah

These 2 hadith left profound effect on me:
    1)On the authority of Abu Hurairah, radiyallahu ‘anhu, who said : The Messenger of Allah, sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam, said : “Part of the perfection of someone’s Islam is his leaving alone that which does not concern him.”
    here is a good explanation of this hadith: http://msmemsy.wordpress.com/2009/04...fourty-hadith/

2) Allah's Messenger, sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam, said, "Allah is at the assistance of a person so long as that person is at the assistance of their brother."

These 2 hadith left profound effect on me:
    1)On the authority of Abu Hurairah, radiyallahu ‘anhu, who said : The Messenger of Allah, sallallahu ‘alayhi wasallam, said : “Part of the perfection of someone’s Islam is his leaving alone that which does not concern him.”
    here is a good explanation of this hadith: http://msmemsy.wordpress.com/2009/04...fourty-hadith/

2) Allah's Messenger, sal Allahu alayhi wa sallam, said, "Allah is at the assistance of a person so long as that person is at the assistance of their brother."

Masha'Allah.. So short but have massive meanings

And this hadith makes me scared:

It is narrated by Abu Talha al-Ansari (رضي الله عنه) and Jabir Bin Abdullah (رضي الله عنه), that the Prophet Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و سلم) said,
    “No man forsakes a Muslim when his rights are being violated or his honour is being belittled except that Allaah will forsake him at a place in which he would love to have His help. And no man helps a Muslim at a time when his honour is being belittled or his rights violated except that Allaah will help him at a place in which he loves to have His help”. (Abu Dawud)

another hadith that had a profound affect on me is:

Narrated abi ummah (rah), RasoolAllah (said) whoever loves someone for Allah, hates (/ dissociates from) someone for Allah, gives for Allah, and holds back for Allah, he has completed his eman.(sunan abi daud)

أبحث مفتاح الدار السلام ibnuadam's Avatar

the very first time i heard that hadeeth, my heart shudder. very deep indeed

though it was from another narration

Quote Originally Posted by ibnuadam View Post
    the very first time i heard that hadeeth, my heart shudder. very deep indeed

though it was from another narration
    do you have the narration akhi?

Account Disabled

"When a man calls his wife to satisfy his desire she must go to him even if she is occupied at the oven."

i thought this was very beautiful

^ I dont like your name!

do you have the narration akhi?
    this happened prior to Rasool-Allah's death

this is just part of the text. it's too long for me to translate properly

original text :

قبل وفاة الرسول صلى الله عليه وسلم كانت حجة الوداع، وبعدها نزل قول الله عز وجل ( اليوم أكملت لكم دينكم وأتممت عليكم نعمتي ورضيت لكم الإسلام دينا )

فبكي أبو بكر الصديق عند سماعه هذه الآية.

فقالوا له : ما يبكيك يا أبو بكر أنها آية مثل كل آية نزلت على الرسول.

فقال : هذا نعى رسول الله وعاد الرسول. وقبل الوفاة بـ 9 أيام نزلت آخر آية من القرآن ( واتقوا يوما ترجعون فيه إلى الله ثم توفي كل نفس ما كسبت وهم لا يظلمون )

وبدأ الوجع يظهر على الرسول صلى الله عليه وسلم

فقال : أريد أن أزور شهداء أحد

فذهب إلى شهداء أحد ووقف على قبور الشهداء

وقال : ( السلام عليكم يا شهداء أحد، أنتم السابقون وإنا إن شاء الله بكم لاحقون، وإني إن شاء الله بكم لاحق )

وأثناء رجوعه من الزيارة بكى رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم

قالوا : ما يبكيك يا رسول الله ؟

قال : ( اشتقت إلى إخواني )

قالوا : أولسنا إخوانك يا رسول الله ؟

قال : ( لا، أنتم أصحابي، أما إخواني فقوم يأتون من بعدي يؤمنون بي ولم ولم يروني

translated text :
    * might contain errors

Before the death of the Prophet (SAW) was the Farewell Pilgrimage, and then came the words of Allah Almighty (Today I have perfected your religion for you and completed My favor upon you and chosen for you Islam as your religion)

Abu Bakr wept when he heard this verse.

They said to him : "What makes you cry, O Abu Bakr, as any such as each verse was revealed to the Prophet."

He said : "This is notice of the Allah's Messenger return (death). 9 days before the death, came the last verse of Al-Quran (and fear a Day when you shall return to Allah and then died all the same as earned and they will not ...)"

The pain began to appear on the Allah's Messenger (SAW)

He said : (I want to visit one of the martyrs)

He went to the Martyrs and a stop on the graves of the martyrs

He said : (Peace be upon you, O martyrs of The One, you are As-sabiquun, God willing, I will be your follower, and God willing, I will follow you later.)

During his return from the visit, the Allah's Messenger (SAW) cried.

They said : "What makes you cry, O Allah's Messenger?"

He said : (I miss my brothers)

They said : "Are we not your brothers, O Allah's Messenger?"

He said: (No, you are my Companions. My brothers are those who come after me and they believe in me without seeing me.)

Reference : Ad-Darami (no. 2744), At-Tabaraani (no. 3538), Al-Hakim (no. 6993)

^ made me feel & at the same time

Odan

Abu Sa'eed Al-Khudri narrated that the Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) said,

"The people of Paradise will look at the dwellers of lofty mansions (i.e. a superior place in Paradise) in the same way as one looks at a brilliant star, far away in the East or in the West of the horizon. This is because of their superiority over one another (in reward)."

One of the people asked, "O Allah's Messenger, are these lofty mansions for the Prophets which no one else can reach?"

The Prophet (salAllahu alayhi wasalam) replied, "No! By Allah, in whose Hands is my life, these are for men who believe in Allah and also believe in the Messenger."

[Bukhari and Muslim]
    "It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live."

this is from muslim

Abu Huraira (RA) reported:
    The Messenger of Allaah (SAW) came to the graveyard and said: Peace be upon you! the abode of the believing people and we, if God so wills, are about to join you. I love to see my brothers.
    They (the hearers) said: Aren't we your brothers-Messenger of Allaah?
    He said: You are my companions, and our brothers are those who have, so far, not come into the world.
    They said: Messenger of Allaah, how would you recognise those persons of your Ummah who have not yet been born?
    He said: Supposing a man had horses with white blazes on fore- heads and legs among horses which were all black, tell me, would he not recognise his own horses?
    They said: Certainly. Messenger of Allaah.
    He said: They would come with white faces and arms and legs owing to ablution, and I would arrive at the Cistern before them. Some people would be driven away from my Cistern as the stray camel is driven away. I would call out. Come. come.
    Then it would be said (to me):
    These people changed themselves after you, and I would say: Be off, be off.

Quote Originally Posted by A_L_L_A_H_pig View Post
    "When a man calls his wife to satisfy his desire she must go to him even if she is occupied at the oven."

i thought this was very beautiful
    the Admin have really done wonderful job to disable this acount. i was so shoked when i saw the name. Jazakamul Allah Kheyra.

The hadith where Prophet Muhammad (saw) talks about how people who are currently living will not be alive 100 years from now.

The Hadith makes me push myself to learn more because I aint got long on this earth, today could be my last day, Allah knows best
    A small Du'a can make a big difference
    Make Dua for your brothers and sisters, wouldn't you want good things to happen to them as much as good things happening to you?

http://onlybeautyinislam.wordpress.com

Account Disabled

Uthman ibn Afaan narrates that the prophet pbuh said the Best amongst you is the one who learns and teaches the Quran
    (bukhari)

Makes you want to be the Best and teach the Quran

Rasulullah (sallallahu alayhi wasallam) said:
    “On the Day of Qiyaamah a crown of such brilliance will be placed on the heads of the parents of one who learnt the Qur’aan and practised on its laws, that its glitter will outshine the brilliance of the sun which penetrates your houses. What then do you think will be the position of the one who himself learnt the Qur’aan and acted in accordance with it?”
    Last edited by hamza89; 25-11-10 at 12:08 PM.

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith - 8.480
    Narrated Warrad
    (the clerk of Al-Mughira bin Shu'ba) Muawiya wrote to Al-Mughira: "Write to me a narration you have heard from Allah's Apostle." So Al-Mughira wrote to him, "I heard him saying the following after each prayer: 'La ilaha illal-lahu wahdahu la sharika lahu, lahu-l-mulk wa lahuI-hamd, wa huwa 'ala kulli Shai-in qadir.' He also used to forbid idle talk, asking too many questions (in religion), wasting money, preventing what should be given, and asking others for something (except in great need), being undutiful to mothers, and burying one's little daughters (alive)."

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith - 8.481
    Narrated Sahl bin Sad

Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever can guarantee (the chastity of) what is between his two jaw-bones and what is between his two legs (i.e. his tongue and his private parts), I guarantee Paradise for him."

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith - 8.482
    Narrated Abu Huraira

Allah's Apostle said, "Whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should talk what is good or keep quiet, and whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should not hurt (or insult) his neighbor; and whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day, should entertain his guest generously."

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith - 8.483
    Narrated Abu Shuraih Al Khuzai
    My ears heard and my heart grasped (the statement which) the Prophet said, "The period for keeping one's guest is three days (and don't forget) his reward." It was asked, "What is his reward?" He said, "In the first night and the day he should be given a high class quality of meals; and whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day, should entertain his guest generously; and whoever believes in Allah and the Last Day should talk what is good (sense) or keep quiet."

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith - 8.484
    Narrated Abu Huraira
    That he heard Allah's Apostle saying, "A slave of Allah may utter a word without thinking whether it is right or wrong, he may slip down in the Fire as far away a distance equal to that between the east."

Shaddad Ibne Aws(ra) narrates that Nabi(saw) said,"he is wise and shrewd who takes account of himself and prepares for death. And he is weak and incapable who follows his desires and yet pins high hopes on Allah's Mercy.(Tirmihdi).

this happened prior to Rasool-Allah's death

this is just part of the text. it's too long for me to translate properly

original text :

قبل وفاة الرسول صلى الله عليه وسلم كانت حجة الوداع، وبعدها نزل قول الله عز وجل ( اليوم أكملت لكم دينكم وأتممت عليكم نعمتي ورضيت لكم الإسلام دينا )

فبكي أبو بكر الصديق عند سماعه هذه الآية.

فقالوا له : ما يبكيك يا أبو بكر أنها آية مثل كل آية نزلت على الرسول.

فقال : هذا نعى رسول الله وعاد الرسول. وقبل الوفاة بـ 9 أيام نزلت آخر آية من القرآن ( واتقوا يوما ترجعون فيه إلى الله ثم توفي كل نفس ما كسبت وهم لا يظلمون )

وبدأ الوجع يظهر على الرسول صلى الله عليه وسلم

فقال : أريد أن أزور شهداء أحد

فذهب إلى شهداء أحد ووقف على قبور الشهداء

وقال : ( السلام عليكم يا شهداء أحد، أنتم السابقون وإنا إن شاء الله بكم لاحقون، وإني إن شاء الله بكم لاحق )

وأثناء رجوعه من الزيارة بكى رسول الله صلى الله عليه وسلم

قالوا : ما يبكيك يا رسول الله ؟

قال : ( اشتقت إلى إخواني )

قالوا : أولسنا إخوانك يا رسول الله ؟

قال : ( لا، أنتم أصحابي، أما إخواني فقوم يأتون من بعدي يؤمنون بي ولم ولم يروني

translated text :
    * might contain errors

Before the death of the Prophet (SAW) was the Farewell Pilgrimage, and then came the words of Allah Almighty (Today I have perfected your religion for you and completed My favor upon you and chosen for you Islam as your religion)

Abu Bakr wept when he heard this verse.

They said to him : "What makes you cry, O Abu Bakr, as any such as each verse was revealed to the Prophet."

He said : "This is notice of the Allah's Messenger return (death). 9 days before the death, came the last verse of Al-Quran (and fear a Day when you shall return to Allah and then died all the same as earned and they will not ...)"

The pain began to appear on the Allah's Messenger (SAW)

He said : (I want to visit one of the martyrs)

He went to the Martyrs and a stop on the graves of the martyrs

He said : (Peace be upon you, O martyrs of The One, you are As-sabiquun, God willing, I will be your follower, and God willing, I will follow you later.)

During his return from the visit, the Allah's Messenger (SAW) cried.

They said : "What makes you cry, O Allah's Messenger?"

He said : (I miss my brothers)

They said : "Are we not your brothers, O Allah's Messenger?"

He said: (No, you are my Companions. My brothers are those who come after me and they believe in me without seeing me.)

Reference : Ad-Darami (no. 2744), At-Tabaraani (no. 3538), Al-Hakim (no. 6993)
    Jazakumullhau khayr akhi. these 3 hadith ( this one and the one u posted from Muslim, and the one i posted from ahaneefah) are talking about the same matters?

Maulana Hafeezud Din
    www.thenoor.tv / SHARI'AH COUNCIL MEMBER
    Birmingham, UK
    DON'T ASK WHO'S A GOOD MUSLIM? BE ONE YOURSELF!
    Teach PEACE! Teach ISLAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Muslimah_Alisha View Post
    The Prophet (saw) said: ‘Every religion has a distinctive characteristic, and the characteristic of Islam is modesty’. (Ibn Majah, Malik)

The Prophet (saw) said: ‘Each one of you is the mirror of his brother, so if he sees any blemish in him, he should wipe it away from him’. (Tirmidhi)

The Prophet (saw) said: ‘Paradise is nearer to you than the tip of your sandals, and so is the Hellfire’. (Bukhari)

The Prophet (saw) said: ‘The (good) deeds most loved by Allah are those that are done regularly, even if they are small’. (Bukhari, Muslim)

The Prophet (saw) said: ‘If one of you had a stream running at his door and he bathed in it five times every day, do you think any dirt would be left on him?’ His Companions answered, ‘No dirt at all would be left on him!’ He said, ‘That is like the five (daily) prayers are like, with which Allah washes away your sins’. (Bukhari)
    This is the first time I've ever seen any of these. I especially like the one about good deeds.

When a calamity befalls you and you say “QadrAllahu wa ma sha’ Allaahu fa’ala” {Allah has decreed (this) and He does whatever He wills].

Abu Hurayrah (ra) reports that Allaah’s Messenger (saw) said, “The strong believer is more loved by Allaah than the weak believer, but in both there is good. Be zealous for what will benefit you. Seek help from Allaah the Mighty and Majestic and do not become incapacitated. If something afflicts you, do not say: “If only I had done such and such” but say, “Allaah has decreed (this) and He does whatever He wills”. Indeed saying “if..” opens up the doorway of Shaytaan’s handiwork.” (Muslim)

Jazakumullhau khayr akhi. these 3 hadith ( this one and the one u posted from Muslim, and the one i posted from ahaneefah) are talking about the same matters?
    to my understanding, all 3 are about ikhwan of Rasool-Allaah. ikhwan is translated to english as brothers. only the storyline are different. but i notice the similarity at thise line : My brothers are those who come after me and they believe in me without seeing me

i hope he meant us, who believe in him, love him dearly, eventhough we have never seen him (SAW), let alone lived amongst him (SAW)

More excellent advice from Muhammed the prophet/doctor/scientist/paedophile

"If a house fly falls in the drink of anyone of you, he should dip it (in the drink), for one of its wings has a disease and the other has the cure for the disease"
    Im gonna threaten you legally ok?

DO NOT MAKE ME DIAL that 0845 Number I will and you will be in a lot ot trouble!

so this is your last chance!

شهيد إن شاء الله

man your real tough behind a computer screen arent ya.

why dont you go into a masjid and say that.

and actually its been scientificly proven that a fly dose have a cure on one wing (antibody) and a disease on the other so try again.

and once again, please go nto a masjid and say that.
    And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allâh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allâh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

to my understanding, all 3 are about ikhwan of Rasool-Allaah. ikhwan is translated to english as brothers. only the storyline are different. but i notice the similarity at thise line : My brothers are those who come after me and they believe in me without seeing me

i hope he meant us, who believe in him, love him dearly, eventhough we have never seen him (SAW), let alone lived amongst him (SAW)
    if we take all 3 of the a7hadith in the same subject, i would say this hadith the one ahaneefah quoted goes into most details. it gives us the characteristics of such people. here:

So the Sahabah asked,

"Who are they, Ya Rasoolullah?"

He [sallahu 'alayhi wasalam] replied,

"They are not from us and they are not from you. You are my companions but they are my beloved. They will come after you and will find the Book (the Qur'an) made redundant by the people, and a Sunnah which has been killed by them. So they will grab hold of the Book and the Sunnah and revive them.

So they read them and teach them (the Qur'an and the Sunnah) to the people and they will experience in that path a punishment more severe and more ugly than what you (O Sahabah) have experienced.

Indeed the Imaan of one of them is equivalent to the Imaan of forty of you.

The Shaheed of one of them is equivalent to forty of your Shuhadaa'. Because you found a helper towards the truth (the Prophet) and they will find no helper towards the truth.

So they will be surrounded by tyrant rulers in every place, and they will be in the surroundings of Bait-ul-Maqdis (Al-Quds, Masjid al-Aqsa). The Nussrah (Help and Victory) of Allah will come to them, and they will have the honour of it on their hands."

Allah (swt) says "Take one step towards me, I will take ten steps towards you. Walk towards me, I will run towards you." -Hadith Qudsi

The Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: "Whoever has the Hereafter as his main concern, Allah will fill his heart with a feeling of richness and independence; he will be focused and feel content, and this world will come to him in spite of it. Whoever has this world as his main concern, Allah will cause him to feel constant fear of poverty; he will be distracted and unfocused, and he will have nothing of this world except what was already predestined for him." -Tirmithi

This is one of my favourite hadiths, its a hadith that gives u hope in the mercy of Allah Azzawajal.

Hadith Qudsi: Allah, the Almighty, has said:

"O Son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O Son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O Son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins as great as the earth, and were you then to face Me ascribing no partners to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as it."
    Last edited by Abu Suhayb; 27-11-10 at 12:27 AM.
    "And swell not thy cheek (for pride) at men, nor walk in insolence through the earth; for Allah loveth not any arrogant boaster. Surah Luqman:18

Odan

I just wanted to say JazakAllah khair to everyone who posted a hadith in this thread. SubhanAllah, it has really helped my eman.

Odan

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah Radhi-yallaahu 'anhu, who said that the Messenger of Allah said: Allah descends each night to the earth's sky when there remains the final third of the night, and He says: Who is saying a prayer to Me that I may answer it? Who is asking something of Me that I may give it him? Who is asking forgiveness of Me that I may forgive him?

It was related by al-Bukhari (also by Muslim, Malik, at-Tirmidhi and Abu Dawud).

On the authority of Anas Radhi-yallaahu 'anhu , who said: I heard the Messenger of Allah say: Allah the Almighty said:

O son of Adam, so long as you call upon Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and were you then to ask forgiveness of Me, I would forgive you. O son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the earth and were you then to face Me, ascribing no partner to Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great at it.

It was related by at-Tirmidhi (also by Ahmad ibn Hanbal).

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah Radhi-yallaahu 'anhu , who said that the Prophet
    Sal-Allaahu 'alayhe wa sallam said:
    "Allah the Almighty said:
    'I am as My servant thinks I am (1). I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assembly better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed."

[Buhkari (also by Muslim, at-Tirmidhi and Ibn-Majah).]

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah Radhi-yallaahu 'anhu from the Prophet who said:
    A prayer performed by someone who has not recited the Essence of the Quran (1) during it is deficient (and he repeated the word three times), incomplete.
    Someone said to Abu Hurayrah: [Even though] we are behind the imam? (2) He said: Recite it to yourself, for I have heard the Prophet say: Allah , had said: I have divided prayer between Myself and My servant into two halves, and My servant shall have what he has asked for.

When the servant says: Al-hamdu lillahi rabbi l-alamin (3), Allah (mighty and sublime be He) says: My servant has praised Me.

And when he says: Ar-rahmani r-rahim (4), Allah (mighty and sublime be He) says: My servant has extolled Me,

and when he says: Maliki yawmi d-din (5), Allah says: My servant has glorified Me - and on one occasion He said: My servant has submitted to My power.

And when he says: Iyyaka na budu wa iyyaka nasta in (6), He says: This is between Me and My servant, and My servant shall have what he has asked for.

And when he says: Ihdina s-sirata l- mustaqim, siratal ladhina an amta alayhim ghayril-maghdubi alayhim wa la d-dallin (7), He says: This is for My servant, and My servant shall have what he has asked for.

It was related by Muslim (also by Malik, at-Tirmidhi, Abu-Dawud, an-Nasa'i and Ibn Majah

On the authority of Abu Harayrah Radhi-yallaahu 'anhu from the Prophet who said:

Allah has supernumerary angels who rove about seeking out gatherings in which Allah's name is being invoked: they sit with them and fold their wings round each other, filling that which is between them and between the lowest heaven. When [the people in the gathering] depart, [the angels] ascend and rise up to heaven.

He (the Prophet .) said: Then Allah (mighty and sublime be He) asks them - [though] He is most knowing about them:
    From where have you come?

And they say: We have come from some servants of Yours on Earth: they were glorifying You (Subhana llah), exalting you (Allahu akbar), witnessing that there is no god but You (La ilaha illa llah), praising You (Al-Hamdu lillah), and asking [favours] of You.

He says: And what do they ask of Me? They say: They ask of You Your Paradise.
    He says: And have they seen My Paradise? They say: No, O Lord.

He says: And how would it be were they to have seen My Paradise! They say: And they ask protection of You.

He says: From what do they ask protection of Me? They say: From Your Hell-fire, O Lord.

He says: And have they seen My Hell-fire? They say: NO.

He says: And how would it be were they to have seen My Hell-fire: They say: And they ask for Your forgiveness.

He said: Then He says: I have forgiven them and I have bestowed upon them what they have asked for,and I have granted them sanctuary from that from which they asked protection.

He (the Prophet ) said: They say: O Lord, among then is So-and-so, a much sinning servant, who was merely passing by and sat down with them.
    He said: And He says: And to him [too] I have given forgiveness: he who sits with such people shall not suffer.
    It was related by Muslim (also by al-Bukhari, at-Tirmidhi, and an-Nasa'i).

On the authority of Abu Dharr al-Ghifari Radhi-yallaahu 'anhu from the Prophet (PBUH) is that among the sayings he relates from his Lord (may He be glorified) is that He said:

O My servants, I have forbidden oppression for Myself and have made it forbidden amongst you, so do not oppress one another.

O My servants, all of you are astray except for those I have guided, so seek guidance of Me and I shall guide you,

O My servants, all of you are hungry except for those I have fed, so seek food of Me and I shall feed you.

O My servants, all of you are naked except for those I have clothed, so seek clothing of Me and I shall clothe you.

O My servants, you sin by night and by day, and I forgive all sins, so seek forgiveness of Me and I shall forgive you.

O My servants, you will not attain harming Me so as to harm Me, and will not attain benefitting Me so as to benefit Me.

O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as pious as the most pious heart of any one man of you, that would not increase My kingdom in anything.

O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to be as wicked as the most wicked heart of any one man of you, that would not decrease My kingdom in anything.

O My servants, were the first of you and the last of you, the human of you and the jinn of you to rise up in one place and make a request of Me, and were I to give everyone what he requested, that would not decrease what I have, any more that a needle decreases the sea if put into it.

O My servants, it is but your deeds that I reckon up for you and then recompense you for, so let him finds good praise Allah and let him who finds other that blame no one but himself. It was related by Muslim (also by at-Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah).

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah Radhi-yallaahu 'anhu who said that the Messenger of Allah said: Allah will say on the Day of Resurrection:
    Where are those who love one another through My glory? Today I shall give them shade in My shade, it being a day when there is no shade but My shade. It was related by al-Bukhari (also by Malik).

On the authority of Abu Hurayrah Radhi-yallaahu 'anhu who said that the Messenger of Allah said Allah (mighty and sublime be He) said:

Whosoever shows enmity to someone devoted to Me, I shall be at war with him. My servant draws not near to Me with anything more loved by Me than the religious duties I have enjoined upon him, and My servant continues to draw near to Me with supererogatory works so that I shall love him. When I love him I am his hearing with which he hears, his seeing with which he sees, his hand with which he strikes and his foot with which he walks. Were he to ask [something] of Me, I would surely give it to him, and were he to ask Me for refuge, I would surely grant him it. I do not hesitate about anything as much as I hesitate about [seizing] the soul of My faithful servant: he hates death and I hate hurting him.

It was related by al-Bukhari.

The hadith qudsi are without my most favourite of ahaadith, and imo amongst the most beautiful. They remind you never to dispair at the mercy of Allah because he is the most forgiving and merciful. They really lift my spirit when i read them and make me smile.