Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    الله مولانا ولا مولى لهم Abu Jaffar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

As harsh it may sound I had to make this announcement

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

All praise is due to Allah alone, and prayers and peace of Allah be on his final Messenger Mohammad and upon all his family, companions and his righteous followers.

There are big subjects been discussed around the forum lately, which even scholars didn't come to an agreement on.
    These matters have been discussed by many members whom most of them don't even know how to make a full sentence in Arabic. They only cut and paste from sources without even checking or understanding the issue of matter, how its derived and the event that led to it.

Our religion is a big responsibility, it can't be taken lightly, putting your opinion according too what you understood FROM AN ENGLISH TEXT NOT EVEN ARABIC does not count as a full dalil.

Arabic language is a rich one, that one word would need three English words in average to explain it. Thus if you have no grasp of the Arabic language then how could you know the right phrase or word that could change the whole meaning of a sentence, even alter a ruling.
    So please don't try to make your own opinion while you don't even know Arabic.

جزاكم الله خيرا
    islamway
    اللهم ارزقنا حُسن الخاتِمة

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: As harsh it may sound I had to make this announcement

Quote Originally Posted by nonameakhi View Post
    I wouldnt worry inshallah, sincerity is the key inshallah. Arabic is not the pre-requisite for Islam. Of course if you have the means and resources then you should try and study it.
    Jazak Allah Khair.

Verily the one who recites the Qur’an beautifully, smoothly, and precisely, he will be in the company of the noble and obedient angels. And as for the one who recites with difficulty, stammering or stumbling through its verses, then he will have TWICE that reward.” [Al-Bukhari and Muslim]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

true and good you brought this issue up brother ,i have seen how people quotes hadiths which do not even exists.we should discuss this matter with all the members in an open debate

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you sir for posting this and alhamdulillah I know the Arabic language. My parents are native speakers and I am first generation born here in america.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Salam,

So my question is should I learn Quran in Arabic or shall I read it in English as I am not Arabic and I find it difficult to learn it?

Thank you.

Mentioned
    620 Post(s)
    Quoted
    909 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rabka View Post
    Salam,

So my question is should I learn Quran in Arabic or shall I read it in English as I am not Arabic and I find it difficult to learn it?

Thank you.
    wa salam

keep reading it in english till you learn arabic. But arabic is very important, remember that
    "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rabka View Post
    Salam,

Thank you.
    Wa alaykum as-salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

You should strive to learn Arabic as soon as you can. For starters, you'll need to know at least how to properly recite Al-Fatiha and two or three suras more in order to pray your namaz.

A good translation of the Qur'an is a needed starting point for non-Arabic speakers, and I'm one of them, but one should not stay there. Learning Arabic is not easy but surely Allah () will guide you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Bump!!
    Alhamdulillah for everything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Walaikum Salaam...

Yes, you have rightly told it. There is a word in Arabic 'Ham' - it means, a she-camel that deliver more than five baby and cut her ear (one side) by old Arab people (during our Prophet Mohammed S.A.). This practice stopped after our Prophet delivered one of the message against it (superstitious and evil act).

This (Ham) word can't be carried out anywhere else or there is no single word in any language to compensate or give exact meaning of it. Thus, one has to agree that Arabic is a rich language and contain in-depth meaning of each and every one. Likewise, fruit dates too, each time of date growing has different name which we can't get the word in any other languages than Arabic.

Jazakallah...

Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quoted
    753 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MustafaMuazu View Post
    Assalamu alaikum.

I think the post is harsh.

Keeping in mind the prophetSAW said "convey even if it is one ayah."

Sometimes in the course of conveying one may have to do abit of explaining for the other person to understand.

Ordering good, and forbidding evil is a command everyone must obey, so let's not create unnecessary barriers to that.

If you are sure of an islamic issue, whether or not you speak arabic, go ahead and preach.

Thank you.

Assalamu alaikum.
    I do feel something like this, but we have to be vvvvery careful with quran ayats and hadith as well , tell clearly its just your opinion not your fatwa or verdict untill you don't very clearly 100 %

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You dont sound Harsh... I would say you sound too much proud....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thank you for this post.....I agree with you 100%....and Allah does know best.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quoted
    46 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abu Jaffar View Post

All praise is due to Allah alone, and prayers and peace of Allah be on his final Messenger Mohammad and upon all his family, companions and his righteous followers.

There are big subjects been discussed around the forum lately, which even scholars didn't come to an agreement on.
    These matters have been discussed by many members whom most of them don't even know how to make a full sentence in Arabic. They only cut and paste from sources without even checking or understanding the issue of matter, how its derived and the event that led to it.

Our religion is a big responsibility, it can't be taken lightly, putting your opinion according too what you understood FROM AN ENGLISH TEXT NOT EVEN ARABIC does not count as a full dalil.

Arabic language is a rich one, that one word would need three English words in average to explain it. Thus if you have no grasp of the Arabic language then how could you know the right phrase or word that could change the whole meaning of a sentence, even alter a ruling.

جزاكم الله خيرا

+1
    لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

جزاكم الله خيرا
    Wonderful post and long overdue.it's the same on the streets every Arab robed,long bearded youth who 6 months earlier visited nightclubs is preaching to elders and those who may have greater understanding.

Doing these things the thread starter mentions are a very dangerous thing.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quoted
    254 Post(s)

Wise words Abu Jaffar..

One look at the current affairs section and how true your words are. Ignoramuses discussing things that should never enter their minds. And their daleel? a hodgepodge of english quotes.. it's sad/pathetic.
    "The organisation that is called as "the state" puts effort to destroy jihad in Sham as they destroyed it in Iraq because of their obvious transgressions against Quran and Sunnah." Abu Khalid as-Suri (Rahimahullah)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

noooo its not harsh..I agree to what you said whole heartedly.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quoted
    957 Post(s)

the arabic to english thing is so true, it reminds me of this hadith:

t was narrated that Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: A man said: O Messenger of Allaah, “So and so (a woman) – and he spoke of how much she prayed and fasted and gave charity – but she annoys her neighbours with her (sharp) tongue.” He said: “She will be in Hell.”

He said: “O Messenger of Allaah, So and so (another woman) – and he spoke of how little she fasted and gave charity and prayed – but she gives cheese in charity and she does not annoy her neighbours with her (sharp) tongue.” He said: “She will be in Paradise.”

someone could easily see that bolded part and assume that the woman hardly prayed or fasted and she''ll still be in paradise. Whereas in the arabic one it makes it clear that woman didn't pray much-aside from the fard- but the verb used in arabic doesnt exist in english---so its ambigious
    Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quoted
    50 Post(s)

Bump.
    اللهُمَّ أَعِزَّ الإِسْلامَ وَالمُسْلِمِينَ

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2266 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Muslim First View Post
    Wise words Abu Jaffar..

One look at the current affairs section and how true your words are. Ignoramuses discussing things that should never enter their minds. And their daleel? a hodgepodge of english quotes.. it's sad/pathetic.
    u might want to contemplate on that advise yourself tbh.
    Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see.

لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول Yasirah87's Avatar
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quoted
    247 Post(s)

I always advocate for Muslims to learn Arabic because the Quran and hadith are written in such. You get such more of a grasp when you understand everything fully.

That being said, there are Muslims whose parents are reverts. Their patents sending them to learn all they can with the exception of becoming fluent in Arabic.

While I can read Arabic and recognize many words, I don't think it's fair to disconcern what I say based on my fluency in Arabic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

“When you see a person who has been given more than you in money and beauty, then look to those who have been given less.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What does the mean?

يضيف الله وتتكاثر.
    الشيطان ينقص والانقسامات.

ايم مجرد رجل بين المسلمين RaadIsaCreature's Avatar
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quoted
    379 Post(s)

جزاكم الله خيرا

MASHA'ALLAH well advised.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

asalamalikum everyone, i want to share with you this great ebook written by Dr Zakir Naik. Here's the link-
    https://payhip.com/b/LkuZ

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)

I'm back everybody I caused some trouble online here on this forum a year ago but I've changed for real

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2687 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HGHUK View Post
    I'm back everybody I caused some trouble online here on this forum a year ago but I've changed for real
    Wassalam and welcome back.

I think I remember, but not sure
    “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quoted
    461 Post(s)

Nice post especially this...this applies to non Muslims as well who think they can just open a English version of the Quran and say "See!!! This is what their religion teaches!"

جزاكم الله خيرا

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Lark View Post
    Wassalam and welcome back.

I think I remember, but not sure
    I remember you haha I used to cause some trouble just messing with people. Was a bit immature then have calmed down since

How are you sis

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2687 Post(s)

I remember you haha I used to cause some trouble just messing with people. Was a bit immature then have calmed down since

How are you sis
    Oh right, so it is the same person . Could never get your username right lol.

Alhamdulillah Im well and hope you are too. Welcome back
    “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Account Disabled

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    95 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Lark View Post
    Oh right, so it is the same person . Could never get your username right lol.

Alhamdulillah Im well and hope you are too. Welcome back
    All good Alhumdulillah just finding myself atm got married aswell. Yh I used to post memes to annoy people got a good reaction out of some haha good times. I still have that child in me though haha

Mentioned
    268 Post(s)
    Quoted
    2687 Post(s)

All good Alhumdulillah just finding myself atm got married aswell. Yh I used to post memes to annoy people got a good reaction out of some haha good times. I still have that child in me though haha
    Oh thats great news masha'allah, keeps you very busy no time to annoy people now haha. Yea I remember some of those memes too. Some people can overreact though.

May Allah swt bless your marriage with goodness always, ameen.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quoted
    105 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ali88 View Post
    i came on this site not to debate like a scholer but to talk about issues affecting muslim people, sure enough, talking to muslims equates to having quotes slapped in your face out of context and completely lacking human emotion, silly me ey thinking I could find an online muslim support network
    So so true.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    13 Post(s)

Icon14 Re: As harsh it may sound I had to make this announcement

reality:facts was clear.nothing harsh
    Please Re-update your Signature

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

"Arabic language is a rich one, that one word would need three English words in average to explain it. Thus if you have no grasp of the Arabic language then how could you know the right phrase"

we are living in the age of commutation, we can access the inter-web, you can have communication with arabs, including myself and have inter-dialog with them regarding a word, plus reading books about arabic language is also not hard, trust me, as an arab, arabic isn't a hard language, allah 'azawajal made it so

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quoted
    655 Post(s)

for the reminder
    Pray. Fast. Zakat. Pilgrimage. Allah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I dont agree with you that someone who wishes to contribute in the deen of Islam has to be Arabic literate. Islam is the religion of the world so people aross the globe can express their opinion in islam

Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1335 Post(s)

جزاكم الله خيرا
    True, even arabs have a hard time understanding the Holy Quran and even the arabic language

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alsm brothers and sisters,

Allah is the only ONE who is perfect. There is no right or wrong in the eyes of Allah. Even when a muslim wishes for bad things or does bad things it is given also. Allah gives to us no matter what we ask from HIM.

But then the consequences is what we must bare ourselves. Allah takes into considerations of our sincerity (in malay it is called keiklasan) and our actions that we act upon that sincerity.

Many people called themselves muslims, but never really know who is Allah. The who do they pray to everytime they prayed?

So the question is actually who is ALLAH? Many people have different picture or thoughts of Allah, so many prayed to different types of Allah of which they themselves thought of. That is not right.

So how to know Allah? Actually we must 1st learn who we are. because Allah is not outside of us, HE is inside of us.

In our heart (kalbu).

Please lets not judge anyone. Not even the non muslims.

We are all created by Allah. Everything is created by HIM.

ONLY ALLAH can judge cos he created all. We are not qualify and must not judge. for we are not supposed to judge.

Alsm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    43 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by m2p View Post
    ignorance is not the abscence of knowledge but the illusion of knowledge if you dont know then either hold your tounge , get knowledge or admit that you dont know

And allah knows best
    I love this quote, all people, of all religions should read this quote and take it in, really take it in...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    17 Post(s)

May Allah swt guide us all

a gronn
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1136 Post(s)

indeed akhi, and sadly some of our people cant pronounce these cute letters, ض, ص, ح, ط, ظ