Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    الله مولانا ولا مولى لهم Abu Jaffar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quoted
    11 Post(s)

As harsh it may sound I had to make this announcement

السلام عليكم ورحمة الله وبركاته

All praise is due to Allah alone, and prayers and peace of Allah be on his final Messenger Mohammad and upon all his family, companions and his righteous followers.

There are big subjects been discussed around the forum lately, which even scholars didn't come to an agreement on.
    These matters have been discussed by many members whom most of them don't even know how to make a full sentence in Arabic. They only cut and paste from sources without even checking or understanding the issue of matter, how its derived and the event that led to it.

Our religion is a big responsibility, it can't be taken lightly, putting your opinion according too what you understood FROM AN ENGLISH TEXT NOT EVEN ARABIC does not count as a full dalil.

Arabic language is a rich one, that one word would need three English words in average to explain it. Thus if you have no grasp of the Arabic language then how could you know the right phrase or word that could change the whole meaning of a sentence, even alter a ruling.
    So please don't try to make your own opinion while you don't even know Arabic.

جزاكم الله خيرا
    islamway
    اللهم ارزقنا حُسن الخاتِمة

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Re: As harsh it may sound I had to make this announcement

Hello, I have spend years studying religions and for the most part I believe that I can find something true in all of them, accept islam. Because you go and think I am a hater, I am not, but I truly do not understand your religion. For a long time, I felt that Sufism was the only part of your teaching I could understand, but Sufism is not Islam and in fact many teaching in Sufism contradict Islamic law.

One of my main problems with Islam is the contradictions in the Koran. Muslims are told to follow the later writing of Muhammad when this is a issue with which to follow. But this is the word of Allah, and Allah has been around for a long time, he has had time to clarify to himself what his principles of law were so how in the space of a short lifespan of Muhammad can he have changed fundamental rules of life.

Like I said I like to study religions, and I believe the fruits of a religion can be found in its founders. They are our example, the ideal we must live up to. Most religious founders and pinnacles of moral justice, The Buddha, Jesus and Knisha all revealed to man a better more spiritual path in life, but not Muhammad. He was a warlord, and he had sex with a nine year old girl.

The argument I hear from Muslims concerning this fact is that it was part of the customs of the time, but this is not a reason. Muhammad broke with custom throughout his life. When real spiritual leaders are confronted with customs they always choose what is right, that is by their very nature what makes them spiritual leaders. In the time of Jesus, a woman was been stoned for adultery, but Jesus stopped it. It broke with custom to choose and show us what was right. Muhammad kicked children, allowed and encouraged his men to rape the women of the

This hadith provides the context for the Qur’anic verse (4:24):

The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) sent a military expedition to Awtas on the occasion of the battle of Hunain. They met their enemy and fought with them. They defeated them and took them captives. Some of the Companions of the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) were reluctant to have intercourse with the female captives in the presence of their husbands who were unbelievers. So Allah, the Exalted, sent down the Qur’anic verse: (Sura 4:24) "And all married women (are forbidden) unto you save those (captives) whom your right hands possess." (Abu Dawud 2150, also Muslim 3433)

Sorry I know this message will probably be blocked but again, I dont understand how you believe this is a parth to any God worth following. I am baffled by Muslim's ability to see past this and say that your religion is a good one. What makes you good as individuals is your ability to reflect on your own nature and goodness but I don't think this goodness comes for your religion, in fact I believe that Islamic culture, law and the life and teaching of Muhummad are a barrier in the way to peace and God.

Again, most Muslims get angry when confront by this and they defend the life and religion that they base their ego on but silently in your heart surely you can not believe that this can be a path to love, a religion that condones violence. I am writing this because apart from the abuse I expect, I need to understand if one person can explain sincerely how they follow this in full knowledge of the brutal nature inherent in the life and teaching of Muhummad.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quoted
    181 Post(s)

May Allah guide us all
    Thank u for this great thread
    "Silence "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Thank you Brother Jaffar for speaking the truth. People seem to be taking Islam very lightly these days, when in fact Allah is the Ever Watcher the Ever Knower! Allah The Gracious has warned us not to alter the meanings in the Quran. The worst sin you can do is alter the meanings of the verses of the Quran even not knowing if you understand or not, this will cause confusion and misguidance. Allah The Ever Knower takes corruption very seriously and deals with it harshly.

So we all have to be very, very, and very careful with every little thing we do or say, because He is watching us 24/7.

Please be careful and stay safe brothers and sisters!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by richardmalloy View Post
    Hello, I have spend years studying religions and for the most part I believe that I can find something true in all of them, accept islam. Because you go and think I am a hater, I am not, but I truly do not understand your religion. For a long time, I felt that Sufism was the only part of your teaching I could understand, but Sufism is not Islam and in fact many teaching in Sufism contradict Islamic law.

One of my main problems with Islam is the contradictions in the Koran. Muslims are told to follow the later writing of Muhammad when this is a issue with which to follow. But this is the word of Allah, and Allah has been around for a long time, he has had time to clarify to himself what his principles of law were so how in the space of a short lifespan of Muhammad can he have changed fundamental rules of life.

Like I said I like to study religions, and I believe the fruits of a religion can be found in its founders. They are our example, the ideal we must live up to. Most religious founders and pinnacles of moral justice, The Buddha, Jesus and Knisha all revealed to man a better more spiritual path in life, but not Muhammad. He was a warlord, and he had sex with a nine year old girl.

The argument I hear from Muslims concerning this fact is that it was part of the customs of the time, but this is not a reason. Muhammad broke with custom throughout his life. When real spiritual leaders are confronted with customs they always choose what is right, that is by their very nature what makes them spiritual leaders. In the time of Jesus, a woman was been stoned for adultery, but Jesus stopped it. It broke with custom to choose and show us what was right. Muhammad kicked children, allowed and encouraged his men to rape the women of the

This hadith provides the context for the Qur’anic verse (4:24):

The Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) sent a military expedition to Awtas on the occasion of the battle of Hunain. They met their enemy and fought with them. They defeated them and took them captives. Some of the Companions of the Apostle of Allah (may peace be upon him) were reluctant to have intercourse with the female captives in the presence of their husbands who were unbelievers. So Allah, the Exalted, sent down the Qur’anic verse: (Sura 4:24) "And all married women (are forbidden) unto you save those (captives) whom your right hands possess." (Abu Dawud 2150, also Muslim 3433)

Sorry I know this message will probably be blocked but again, I dont understand how you believe this is a parth to any God worth following. I am baffled by Muslim's ability to see past this and say that your religion is a good one. What makes you good as individuals is your ability to reflect on your own nature and goodness but I don't think this goodness comes for your religion, in fact I believe that Islamic culture, law and the life and teaching of Muhummad are a barrier in the way to peace and God.

Again, most Muslims get angry when confront by this and they defend the life and religion that they base their ego on but silently in your heart surely you can not believe that this can be a path to love, a religion that condones violence. I am writing this because apart from the abuse I expect, I need to understand if one person can explain sincerely how they follow this in full knowledge of the brutal nature inherent in the life and teaching of Muhummad.
    I am a Muslim revert (being previously Christian) but by no means an authority of Islam or any other religion. In general, if you are sincere in your search for the answers to these questions, I highly recommend seeking the help of a sheikh or imam in your area. If you are sincere and respectful, they should not turn you away and will be welcoming to any questions you may have. I cannot speak for an entire Muslim community but for me, I feel that your questions are understandable and if you read the Quran in its entirety (which I recommend) you will come across more questions. I think that it's good to open this type of dialogue for both Muslims and non-Muslims so you shouldn't be afraid of or expect hatred from others if, as I said, you are respectful to others - they should respond respectfully to you.

In my personal experience, I would say that in the comment concerning Muhammad (PBUH) not breaking customs, I believe that in fact he did. One example being the custom of slavery. During this time period, as you appear to be aware, it was normal to take slaves as captives, yet there are Hadiths and Quranic verses to my knowledge that encourage emancipation. Emancipation was encouraged in the case of Bilal (a nice story to read on by the way if you're interested of course.)
    Another example that comes to mind (while I was written the previous one) is the custom of pre-Islamic Arabia where female children were buried alive because it was seen as shameful to have a girl instead of a boy. There is a Quranic verse that condemns this act. And another example of going against customs is that of pagan worship which occurred in Mecca. This is the very issue that caused Muhammad (PBUH) to flee to Medina.

In terms of the age of Aisha (RA), after reading on this myself (again I'm not an authority of Hadiths or Islamic history but hope to be one day) I have found that the age of Aisha (RA) is not concretely known as it is still debated. Also, in the Bible (from what I remember) there are also incidents concerning Noah (AS) or Lot (AS) for example may not be acceptable for some people. But this does not erase the message that they have conveyed which is to obey God (SWA).

In any case, there are questionable things that are in Christianity (and I'm sure in Judaism and others, but I have no experience in practicing those religions.) I guess it all comes down to faith and what you believe and feel. In the end, God guides whom He wills. And God knows best.