Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Account Disabled

wife has rights to the earnings of her husband.does husband have right to his wifes e

the wife has the right to expect her husband to provide for her needs from his earnings.
    husband provides for her every need.
    then for some reason husbands business goes down,he is strugling.
    does husband have the right to take wifes earnings to feed familly and run household.
    if both husband and wife are earning do they share living expences.
    or should husband spend all his money on the expences and let the wife put her money in the bank ?

Re: wife has rights to the earnings of her husband.does husband have right to his wif

he doesnt have rights to it but she can give it voluntarily
    .: Rufaida :.
    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.

“People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
    ~ Ibn Atallah

Re: wife has rights to the earnings of her husband.does husband have right to his wif

The husband does not have the right to his wife's money. If she wants she can share the expenses with him.

tbh i cant understand a women who in that situation wouldnt share her wealth

Recipes for all the family
    (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by .: Anna :. View Post
    he doesnt have rights to it but she can give it voluntarily
    i wanted to point out the injustice of islamic system.
    i have made my point.
    a man works all his life to support family,the wife works as well to build her bank balance .
    the woman has right to enjoy her earnings,when the man must provide for family out of his earnings.
    how unjust.

Spending the days indoors LailaTheMuslim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shabank View Post
    i have made my point.
    a man works all his life to support family,the wife works as well to build her bank balance .
    the woman has right to enjoy her earnings,when the man must provide for family out of his earnings.
    how unjust.
    are you a muslim ? If so, you can't call an Islamic ruling publically like that injust

Although there is nothing wrong with her parting with it.
    Last edited by LailaTheMuslim; 17-08-10 at 11:10 PM.
    WhenTheWorldPushesYouToYourKnees-
    You'reInThePerfectPositionToPray (Islam.07)

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “O people, beware of this shirk, for it is more subtle than the footsteps of an ant. The one whom Allaah willed should speak said to him, “How can we beware of it when it is more subtle than the footsteps of an ant, O Messenger of Allaah?” He said, “Say, Allaahumma innaa na’oodhu bika min an nushrika bika shay’an na’lamuhu wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na’lam (O Allaah, we seek refuge with You from knowingly associating anything with You, and we seek Your forgiveness for that which we do unknowingly).” (Narrated by Ahmad, 4/403)

“My intercession will be for those among my ummah who have committed major sins.” [Classed as Sahih by al-Albaani in Sahih Abi Dawood, 3965]

Formpring me:

http://www.formspring.me/LailaTheWailer

Account Disabled

i have made my point.
    how unjust.
    Stop crying little boy

lol

when you look at the justices and injustices of a system, you have to look at all the rights and responsibilities in relationship to each other!

so what are the other rights of a husband that a wife has to abide to in return for her being provided for? and what kind of man would want his wife to pay for herself and earn her keep?

Recipes for all the family
    (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Odan

loll

to be honest she is your wife and if you were in that situation i am sure she will help you and build the family at that struggling time. if not then you married a heartless women.

Account Disabled

Man up dude, and wear the trousers

Odan

Quote Originally Posted by Megalomaniac_uk View Post
    Man up dude, and wear the trousers
    or get a sex change looool

Account Disabled

what

Odan

what
    nothing

Account Disabled

Good

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by hamza05 View Post
    loll

to be honest she is your wife and if you were in that situation i am sure she will help you and build the family at that struggling time. if not then you married a heartless women.
    thanks.nice comment.
    im married to heartless woman.
    i will let them starve,then she will pull out her money.

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by hamza05 View Post
    or get a sex change looool
    brother thats easy for you to say.my bussiness is on verge of bankruptcy,and shes refusing to spend.

Odan

brother thats easy for you to say.my bussiness is on verge of bankruptcy,and shes refusing to spend.
    What is wrong with you? Hating on the Islamic system is not going to make your situation any better.

thanks.nice comment.
    im married to heartless woman.
    i will let them starve,then she will pull out her money.
    If you do that, then YOU are in the wrong. You shouldn't let your kids suffer due to a squabble you are having with your wife.
    Fabi-ayyiala -i rabbikuma tukaththibani
    Then which of the favors of your Lord will ye deny?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr8DR8frP_s

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

i have made my point.
    how unjust.
    makes a change from posts saying how women are oppressed....... now the complaint is that women are oppressing men by forcing them to work day in day out to pay for them while they stash their own money in a bank account.

men don't get pregnant and can't breastfeed, therein lies the reason why a woman has rights on the earnings of the man whose babies she carried and breastfed, and spent/will spend the next eighteen or so years looking after, which is a 24/7 365 day a year job.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, maybe remind her that what she gives to help the household counts as charity and will be rewarded as such in the next life inshaAllah.

This could be a test for you, everyone goes through hardships. Tell her how much you are struggeling, and remind her that if she contributes it will be a charity from her

You are not here just to fill space or to be a background character in someone else's movie. Consider this: nothing would be the same if you did not exist. Every place you have ever been and everyone you have ever spoken to would be different without you. We are all connected, and we are all affected by the decisions and even the existence of those around us.

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by dhakiyya View Post
    makes a change from posts saying how women are oppressed....... now the complaint is that women are oppressing men by forcing them to work day in day out to pay for them while they stash their own money in a bank account.

men don't get pregnant and can't breastfeed, therein lies the reason why a woman has rights on the earnings of the man whose babies she carried and breastfed, and spent/will spend the next eighteen or so years looking after, which is a 24/7 365 day a year job.

I'm sorry to hear about your situation, maybe remind her that what she gives to help the household counts as charity and will be rewarded as such in the next life inshaAllah.

thank you very much for your very informative answer.
    im begining to understand the logic of this islamic ruling now.
    i will not ask her to contibute to household expences,i will not accept charity from my wife.i will let her continue to build her bank balance.
    i think its better if i sell my 5 bedroom detached house and buy a smaller house in a crappy area,also will sell the mercedes and buy her a nissan micra.
    also will cut down on various other luxuries and then i will not need wifes charity.

i will not ask her to contibute to household expences,i will not accept charity from my wife.i will let her continue to build her bank balance.
    i think its better if i sell my 5 bedroom detached house and buy a smaller house in a crappy area,also will sell the mercedes and buy her a nissan micra.
    also will cut down on various other luxuries and then i will not need wifes charity.
    A lot of snark in that post

Account Disabled

Yes woman do that and they do not even realise

ever seen how hard a husband works and how they waste money.

come on sisters u know what im talking about, unecessarily expense is too much due to the sisters.

no one is denying here the rights of a wife , i make it very clear but look at the wifes of today they rob loot the husband and even after yrs of marriage they say "we lived a miserable life , u didnt spend much on us blah blah blah "

and did Rasulullah say about woman being most in the hell fire and when they asked him why he said something regarding the attitude of woman a hadith which i dont remember but may be some bro and sis can post it

so its better if wives spend wisely and not extra expenses unecessarily expenses which are happening in muslims society these days .

Pay Zakat

Save money , dont waste

Utilise in a proper way

Take care of poor and needy

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by islamwarrior100 View Post
    Yes woman do that and they do not even realise

ever seen how hard a husband works and how they waste money.

come on sisters u know what im talking about, unecessarily expense is too much due to the sisters.

no one is denying here the rights of a wife , i make it very clear but look at the wifes of today they rob loot the husband and even after yrs of marriage they say "we lived a miserable life , u didnt spend much on us blah blah blah "

and did Rasulullah say about woman being most in the hell fire and when they asked him why he said something regarding the attitude of woman a hadith which i dont remember but may be some bro and sis can post it

so its better if wives spend wisely and not extra expenses unecessarily expenses which are happening in muslims society these days .

Pay Zakat

Save money , dont waste

Utilise in a proper way

Take care of poor and needy
    masha-allah ,what a good and sensible answer.
    wife spending on luxuries from her husbands earnings is not a problem as that is why we earn so much,but living a good life off husbands earnings then not showing appreciation is heartbreaking.
    i think its time to downgrade her to nissan micra.lol.

masha-allah ,what a good and sensible answer.
    wife spending on luxuries from her husbands earnings is not a problem as that is why we earn so much,but living a good life off husbands earnings then not showing appreciation is heartbreaking.
    i think its time to downgrade her to nissan micra.lol.
    It's a sensible answer because it blames it all on the women?

شهيد إن شاء الله

lol, this is a ctually there to stop men from being oppressive to their wives. their wealth is their own.

men are the maintainers and protectors of women. thus we spend on women. however in return we also have certian martial rights.

equality dosent means the same, equality means making the rights in accordance to gender. men and women have differnt priorites. Allah made our rights in accordance to that.

for example men are impatient when it comes to sexual desire so its the husbands right to have intercourse with his wife(providng he follows the sunnah behind that) and wome are more worried about familt matters and who will provide for the chilren thus its her right to have her own weath and have the husband pay for expenses while he is alive.

if the husband dies with no wealth left behind and she spent all hers on him then what is the family going to do? many women wish to save up for such an occasion because death comes when we least expect it.

my sincere advice to you is to learn what equality really is because men and women are not the same. the genders are totally different and thus the rights of the male and the female will be different.
    And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allâh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allâh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

شهيد إن شاء الله

and if you read the Qur'an theres many condition on this too so the man dosent get used.
    And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allâh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allâh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allâh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

Patience Oh Stranger Mujaheedah's Avatar

There is something strange about this type of relationship with your wife, it is not normal. A wife should happily want to help out her husband if he was in need.
    "Islam began as something strange and will return as it was, so give glad tidings to the strangers."
    "Don't ever argue with an idiot....
    they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

well yes!!! if u do have mercedes etc what are u doing asking ur wife to work and pay for things claiming that u can not afford the basics and ur kids are starving. be a man and sell ur expensive car, and provide for ur family...
    honestly!!!

the reason we dont have to share the costs is because mens responsibility is for providing for the family and working whereas normally the wife/mother would not have to work? if she is having to pay 50% the bills etc then she is like tied into that work whereas its not really her place and responsibility?
    .: Rufaida :.
    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.

“People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
    ~ Ibn Atallah

Brother, your ideas are good and they will save you a lot of money. However, don't do it to get back at your wife. Both of you will end up loosing. If you have to rearrange your finances, e.g. smaller house, (if you're still paying mortgage), smaller car that uses less petrol and costs less to maintain, and cut down on luxuries then do it with good intentions and not to spite your wife.

Over the years, we've bad to sell our cars, or move into a flat or something just to save some money. But situations change and Allah always provides for us.

So long as you can put a roof over your kids head and food on the table and you love your wife and kids, you are doing an excellent job as a husband and father. The size of the house, or the make of the car are not important. If you're wife wants to improve any of that with her own earnings, let her, otherwise she must just make do with what you've got.

Also it doesn't make you a less of a man if she has more money than you. Don't begrudge her her money, it is her rizk from Allah.

Account Disabled

just remember the basics, its haram to act like a scrooge or a miser, ans its haram to be wasteful. It is disliked to be extravagant. So you need to find the middle ground,

Why dont you buy a wheelbarrow lol

the wife has the right to expect her husband to provide for her needs from his earnings.
    husband provides for her every need.
    then for some reason husbands business goes down,he is strugling.
    does husband have the right to take wifes earnings to feed familly and run household.
    if both husband and wife are earning do they share living expences.
    or should husband spend all his money on the expences and let the wife put her money in the bank ?
    obviously marriage proposal makes the lady feel flattered,so she feels proud.
    nothing wrong with that.
    i boast sometimes about how many women are after me.and im married.
    Another reason for why women don't spend on the household expenses is that a guy can just go a find another wife and put her up in another house using the savings he's made from his wife's contributions. And if second wife isn't earning this would be unfair to the first one who helped set her husband up and supported him financially when he was starting out.

Once the husband has made use of his first wifes earnings to save a few bob he'll go and spend it on wife #2. So just to be fair all around, the husband supports all his wives and children equally.

I think most wife's are decent enough to help out their husbands during tough times.
    You are not aware of the consequences that would result (if you were granted what you desire) because what you seek might be to your detriment. (O soul) be conscious that your Master is more aware about your well-being than you are.

~Ibn Al-Jawzee

risq is from Allah, if we do our duty to Allah with a clean heart and good intentions seeking the pleasure of Allah, then Allah will provide for us. as it is narrated if any of your relied upon Allah as He deserves to be relied upon then you would be like the bird who leaves the nest hungry in the morning and returns full in the evening.

Allah has made men the maintainers and protectors of women, so it is your duty to provide for your family and your wife, you cannot expect her to pay her share of living expenses. If she gives something without cohersion then its counted as her giving in charity, and i dont know Allahu alam maybe your attitude to Allahs law being "unfair" is the reason for your business going bankrupt, maybe ur wife doesnt want to pour any more money into a sinking ship, maybe u should downgrade on your luxuries sell up the buisness while u still can, and start afresh. As one door closes another one opens, Allah provides a way forward from where u never could expect.

turn back to Allah and appreciate the laws he has given to mankind, because Allah ta ala is the lawgiver and he has created a perfect system for mankind in this world, which if u follow will grant u more wealth and riches than u can every imagine in the next insha Allah. maybe focus more on good relations with your wife and family, and dont worry so much about money there are more important things in this life.
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by nousername View Post
    It's a sensible answer because it blames it all on the women?
    i assume you speaking out of jealousy and u havnt seen whats happening in the world

Quote Originally Posted by islamwarrior100 View Post
    i assume you speaking out of jealousy and u havnt seen whats happening in the world
    maybe thats happpening in your world. but it doesnt mean u know everyones wife, and how they act, some women ask nothing of their husbands because they are not in a position to support them, and u never hear them uttering a word of complaint.
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

There is none like Him. Muslimah81's Avatar

as others have a said, a good wife would be willing to help, if she has the means, during a difficult financial period.

but please don't begrudge her the rights which Allah has given her.

as far as husband earning is concerned its men responsibly to generate income. And wife do have right on husbands income and its is said that wife can even steal money from husband if husbands doesn't gives money to his wife as pocket money.

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by asad_asrar View Post
    as far as husband earning is concerned its men responsibly to generate income. And wife do have right on husbands income and its is said that wife can even steal money from husband if husbands doesn't gives money to his wife as pocket money.
    I dont think its allowed to steal

Dont know what shcolar you heard that of

I dont think its allowed to steal

Dont know what shcolar you heard that of
    firstly its not permitted for a muslim woman to be married to a miserly or harsh man, however if u find yourself married to someone who does not give sufficent for the needs of you and your children you can take from their wealth without them knowing.

sahih bukhari Volume 7, Book 64, Number 277

Narrated 'Aisha:

Hind bint 'Utba said, "O Allah's Apostle! Abu Sufyan is a miser and he does not give me what is sufficient for me and my children. Can I take of his property without his knowledge?" The Prophet said, "Take what is sufficient for you and your children, and the amount should be just and reasonable.
    Last edited by *asiya*; 18-08-10 at 11:06 AM.

The Prophet said:

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah: