Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question Who was Hajjaj Ibn Yusuf ?

:

I have heard his name in few lectures i was listning to

who was he ? Good or Bad ?

i was listning to a lecture the speaker said he was a tyrant ruler but yet he had brains

example

1) Hajjaj ibn yusuf feared the dua of ulemas against him so once he invited them for dinner and gave them food from haram earning and then said to himself " now i do not have to fear from their dua's against me"

2) Hajjaj ibn yusuf once saw a blind man doing tawaf , the blind man was supplicating to Allah SWT for cure of his blindness , Hajjaj ibn yusuf asked him how many circles did u perform ? the bilnd man said 4 circles .
    hajjaj ibn yusuf said if your eyes are not cured by the end of tawaf i will behead u , the blind man in fear of his life now started supplicating to Allah with humilty and from his heart and by the end of tawaf his eyes were cured by Allah SWT

Moral : Dont just make dua's as if your reading something rather call to Allah SWT with humility and your heart

just curious to know who Hajjaj Ibn Yusuf was ?
    Last edited by SOA7007; 04-08-10 at 02:16 AM.
    How is it that those people are most beautiful who pray at night? Because they are alone with the All-Merciful who covers them with light from His light.
    HASAN IBN AL - GRANDSON OF THE PROPHET

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Re: Who was Hajjaj Ibn Yusuf ?

Quote Originally Posted by SOA7007 View Post
    1) Hajjaj ibn yusuf feared the dua of ulemas against him so once he invited them for dinner and gave them food from haram earning and then said to himself " now i do not have to fear from their dua's against me"
    waat?

Mentioned
    620 Post(s)
    Quoted
    909 Post(s)

first time I heard that story.

From What I understand, He was the governor of Iraq (correct me if I am wrong) and the General who led the army invading Makkah.
    "They are Shuhadaa (witnesses) to the fact that this Deen is greater than life, that values are more important than blood and that principles are more precious than souls" - Sheikh 'Abdullah Azzam

Lost in Islamic History

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    234 Post(s)

Well he is viewed as the The Top Henchman of Abdulmalik Ibn Marwaan (Banu Ummayad) , he killed a lot of sahaaba and Killed and Crucified Abdullah Ibn Az zubayr r.a. , i think the killed Ibn Jubayr r.a. as well .
    Last edited by al faqeer; 04-08-10 at 08:15 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MoMo_- View Post
    waat?
    yes thats true ... coz i read somewhere that Allah SWT does not answer the dua of a person who has haram ways of earning income.

In many books on "Dua's" i have read the first condition for dua to be accepted is your income shud be from halal earning , eat halal , drink halal etc

and hajjaj ibn yusuf being a tyrant knew this so he feared the dua of pious ulemas against him , so he invited them and offered them food from haram earning...
    How is it that those people are most beautiful who pray at night? Because they are alone with the All-Merciful who covers them with light from His light.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by al faqeer View Post
    Well he is viewed as the The Top Henchman of Abdulmalik Ibn Marwaan (Banu Ummayad) , he killed a lot of sahaaba and Killed and Crucified Abdullah Ibn Az zubayr r.a. , i think the killed Ibn Jubayr r.a. as well .
    hmmmm thanks bro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    234 Post(s)

hmmmm thanks bro
    You can read more about him on Wiki as well

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al-Hajjaj_ibn_Yusuf

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    234 Post(s)

An account of Saeed-bin-Jubair, who is a famous Tabie.

The Prophet (Peace be upon him) has said:

"To utter truth in the face of a tyrant is the best Jihad."

This is a story of Jihad of that type. At that time, Hajjaj-bin-Yusuf, the notorious blood-shedder was in power. Hajjaj's harshness and tyranny are well known in human history. The rules in those days, in spite of their shortcomings, never lagged behind in propagating the faith, yet we treat them as the worst among rules because of the contrast with the just and God- fearing rulers. He was the viceroy of king Abdul Malik-bin-Marwan for Hijaz and Iraq. The king lived in Damascus and Hajjaj had his headquarters at Koofah. Saeed-bin-Jubair had fought against Hajjaj on the side of Ibnul-Ashath. After the defeat, Saeed (Rahmahullah) ran away and took asylum in Mecca. The Government posted a very stern person as the Governor of Mecca, with instructions to arrest Saeed. The Governor assembled all the people of Mecca and read before them the order of King Abdul Malik, which said:

"Any person who gives shelter to Saeed (Rahmahullah) shall meet the same fate as Saeed himself."

He then announced to the people:

"By Allah, I must kill the person who gives shelter to Saeed (Rahmahullah). His and his neighbors' houses shall be razed to the ground."

Saeed was arrested with great difficulty and sent to Koofah. When he was brought before Hajjaj, the following conversation took place:

Hajjaj: "What is your name?"

Saeed: "My name is Saeed (lit. Auspicious)."

Hajjaj: "What is your father's name?"

Saeed: "Jubair (lit. Trimmed)."

Hajjaj: "No, you are in fact Shaqi (lit. Wretched) son of Kusair (lit. a broken thing)."

Saeed: "My mother knew my name better than you do."

Hajjaj: "You are wretched and so is your mother."

Saeed: "The Knower of the hidden things is some One else."

Hajjaj: "Look! I am putting you to sword."

Saeed: "Then my mother was right in giving me this name."

Hajjaj: "I shall send you to Hell."

Saeed: "If I knew that you had that power, I would have taken you as my god."

Hajjaj: "What is your belief about the Prophet (Peace be upon him)?"

Saeed: "He was an apostle of Mercy and a Prophet of Allah (Peace be upon him), sent with the best Guidance for the whole creation."

Hajjaj: "What do you say about the Khalifas?"

Saeed: "I am not a warder over them. Everybody is responsible for his own actions."

Hajjaj: "Who is the most exalted of the four Khalifahs?"

Saeed: "The one who had been able to please Allah more than the rest?"

Hajjaj: "Which of them had been able to please Allah?"

Saeed: "This is known only to Him. Who knows what is hidden in the bosoms and what the hearts conceal."

Hajjaj: "Is Ali in Paradise or in Hell?"

Saeed: "I can answer only after I visit the two places and meet their dwellers."

Hajjaj: "How shall I fare on the Day of Judgment?"

Saeed: "I am not fit to receive the knowledge of the unseen?"

Hajjaj: "You do not intend to tell me the truth."

Saeed: "But I did not tell a lie either."

Hajjaj: "Why do you never laugh?"

Saeed: "I do not see anything to laugh at; and indeed why should one laugh, who is created from dust, who has to appear on the Day of Judgment, and is always surrounded by tribulations."

Hajjaj: "But I do laugh."

Saeed: "Allah has created us with different temperaments."

Hajjaj: "I am now going to kill you."

Saeed: "The time and manner of my death have already been decreed."

Hajjaj: "Allah has preferred me to you."

Saeed: "Nobody can be proud of his relation with Allah, unless he knows his position; and Allah is the only knower of the unseen."

Hajjaj: "Why should I not be proud of my relation with Allah, when I am with the Amir-ul- Mominin and you are with the rebels?"

Saeed: "I am with the other Muslims. I myself shun mischief, but nobody can change the decree of Allah."

Hajjaj: "What do you say about what we collect for Amir-ul-Mominin?"

Saeed: "I do not know what you collect for him."

Hajjaj sent for gold, silver and dresses from the treasury and showed these to Saeed.

Saeed: "These are useful, provided you are able to obtain with them the things that may provide you peace on the Day of Consternation (i.e. Day of Judgment), when every nursing mother will forget her nursing, and every pregnant one will be delivered of her burden, and when nothing but good will be of any avail."

Hajjaj: "Are our collections not good?"

Saeed: "You have collected them, and you are the best judge."

Hajjaj: "Do you like any of these things for yourself?"

Saeed: "I only like the things which Allah likes."

Hajjaj: "Woe to you!"

Saeed: "Woe is for the person who is deprived of Paradise and is made to enter Hell."

Hajjaj: "(Annoyed): "Say how should I kill you?"

Saeed: "As you would like to be killed."

Hajjaj: "Should I forgive you?"

Saeed: "Allah's forgiveness is real. Your forgiveness is of no value."

Hajjaj: "(To the executioner): 'Kill this man.'"

Saeed laughed while he was being taken for execution. Hajjaj was informed of this. He called him back.

Hajjaj: "What made you laugh?"

Saeed: "Your boldness with Allah, and His clemency to you."

Hajjaj: "I am killing a person who has caused dissent among the Muslims." (To the Executioner) "Kill him in front of me."

Saeed: "Let me say my Salat of two rakaats."

After finishing Salat, he faced Qiblah and recited:

"Verily, I have turned my face toward Him. Who created the heavens and earth, as one by nature upright, and I am not of the idolaters."

Hajjaj: "Turn him from our Qiblah and let him face the Qiblah of the Christians, who also caused dissension and dispute among their community."

His face immediately turned to the other direction.

Saeed: "Whithersoever Ye turn, there is Allah's Face. For Allah is All-Embracing, All-Knowing." (Quran 2:115)

Hajjaj: "Make him lie on his face. We are only responsible for appearance."

Saeed was made to lie on his face.

Saeed:"From the (earth) did We create you, and into it shall We return you, and from it shall We bring you out once again." (Quran 20:55)

Hajjaj: "Kill him!!"

Saeed: "I call you to witness what I recite: "I bear witness that there is no one worthy of Worship except Allah, who is all alone and Who has no partner and I bear witness that Muhammad (Peace be upon him) is His slave and His Messenger."

He was then beheaded -- Inna lillahi wa Inna ilaihi rajeun -- To Allah We Belong And To Him We Return.

After the execution, too much blood came out from Saeed's body. Hajjaj himself marveled greatly at it. He inquired the reason from his doctors, who said: "His tranquility and composure at the time of death had kept his blood in its original form. Generally, people to be executed are so much scared and afraid of death that their blood curdles and does not flow profusely."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You can read more about him on Wiki as well

bro think alike :-)

i was doing the same and guess what i found

Death

At al-Hajjaj's death in AD 714, the people of Iraq rejoiced openly in the streets.[11] Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz (caliph, 717 - 720) thanked God for removing a "tyrant" and the ascetic al-Hasan al-Basri said,
    O God, it is You who killed him; please, put an end to his habitual practices
    hmmm if gr8 personalitites like Hasan al Basri ra and Umar ibn abd al aziz ra has said like that about then no doubt he i was not a good person

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    234 Post(s)

bro think alike :-)

i was doing the same and guess what i found

Death

At al-Hajjaj's death in AD 714, the people of Iraq rejoiced openly in the streets.[11] Umar ibn Abd al-Aziz (caliph, 717 - 720) thanked God for removing a "tyrant" and the ascetic al-Hasan al-Basri said,
    O God, it is You who killed him; please, put an end to his habitual practices
    hmmm if gr8 personalitites like Hasan al Basri ra and Umar ibn abd al aziz ra has said like that about then no doubt he i was not a good person
    Yeah thats what history tells us , but his destiny in the Aakhira is left as Allah Knows best .

read the story of Saeed Ibn Jubayr as well .

Mentioned
    590 Post(s)
    Quoted
    1569 Post(s)

I remember I heard in a lecture that at the time of Hajjaj ibn Yusufs death, his mother came to him and said " what will your fate be in the afterlife, for your have killed so many ", to which he replied, that it is Allah who put mercy in your heart for me and you are my mother. Imagine the mercy that Allah has for me, as he is my Lord.....or something along those lines.

It was a lecture on hope and mercy from Allah....and how even if a tyrant such as Hajjaj ibn Yusuf had such hope from Allah, we should never give up.

It was a lecture "where there is Allah there is hope" by Sheikh Sulieman Molla.
    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yeah thats what history tells us , but his destiny in the Aakhira is left as Allah Knows best .

read the story of Saeed Ibn Jubayr as well .
    Well said Bro , Thats what history tells us but in the end Destiny in the akhira is left as Allah knows best , No one knows which of their good deeds Allah SWt has liked and forgive him out of his mercy and which of his bad deeds Allah SWT is displeased with and sends him to Hell.

May Allah SWT , The Most Merciful forgive our sins , of all muslim bro and sis and grant us jannatul firdaus

Ameen

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

he also sent his nephew muhammad bin qasim to conquer hindustan

Combating Coconuts in UF
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quoted
    937 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jenicca View Post
    I remember I heard in a lecture that at the time of Hajjaj ibn Yusufs death, his mother came to him and said " what will your fate be in the afterlife, for your have killed so many ", to which he replied, that it is Allah who put mercy in your heart for me and you are my mother. Imagine the mercy that Allah has for me, as he is my Lord.....or something along those lines.

It was a lecture on hope and mercy from Allah....and how even if a tyrant such as Hajjaj ibn Yusuf had such hope from Allah, we should never give up.

It was a lecture "where there is Allah there is hope" by Sheikh Sulieman Molla.
    He was kafir agreed upon by many scholars through his beliefs and words

This is a very dangerous post.
    Stop being apologetic to Kuffars!

If I don't engage with you or reply to any of your question, it's likely because I find you racist and a total waste of time.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quoted
    788 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Abdell View Post
    He was kafir agreed upon by many scholars through his beliefs and words

This is a very dangerous post.
    He spread Islam through his major campaigns of expansion, let's not slander such a person even if they weren't the best.