Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Ramadan Umra Visa

We are the citizens of India. Our family are interested to perform Umra (in 2010) during last ten days in Ramadan and celebrate Eid-Ul-Fitr ,Insha ALLAH in Haram Sherief- Makkah.

In case,we are not able to obtain Umra Visa, shall we perform the above Ramadan Umra with Tourist Visa? Will it support our purpose as per Saudi Rules and regulations? Will there be any hurdles? What is the difference between Umra Visa and Tourist Visa?

Mohamed Ali

Re: Ramadan Umra Visa

Umra visa restricts your visit to Makkah and Madinah only and the maximum total duration of stay is 30 days to permit you to perform umra and to visit Madinah. Jeddah is your port of transit.

Visit Visa is the permission to visit your friend or relative whoever had sponsored your visa application. It too is for a limited period of stay but does not restrict you from entering Makkah or Madinah allowing you to perform your umra. There is no specific port of entry as transit point but they would normally ask you how and from where you will enter the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.

Assalaamu alaykom,

My wife had initially planned to travel with her brother for umrah during this ramadaan on the 26th of August. Her brother will not be able to make the journey and it poses a problem for her.

The visa on her passport reflects his name as the Mahram, but we are concerned that it will be a problem for her when she enters Saudi arabia. She now has to use her nephew(brothers Son) as her mahram.

Is there any advice on how to have the changes made. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Wassalaam
    Ashraf

Patience Oh Stranger Mujaheedah's Avatar

Right now you can get the Umrah visa which allows you to enter maccah and madina for 2 weeks but you have to hurry up the embassies close their gates soon.
    "Islam began as something strange and will return as it was, so give glad tidings to the strangers."
    "Don't ever argue with an idiot....
    they'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by Mujaheedah View Post
    Right now you can get the Umrah visa which allows you to enter maccah and madina for 2 weeks but you have to hurry up the embassies close their gates soon.
    Where did you get this information from? I handle nearly 50% of umra visas in UK and been in this profession since 20 years. Yet I dont have such info !!
    Don't mislead people if you have no evidence to support such news as it plays havoc with potential pilgrim's hopes.
    The Mofa system shut down past midnight between Saturday and Sunday which was four days before Ramadan started. The Saudi consulate will stop accepting passports for visa as of tomorrow and will deal with technical issues of the visas issued or rejected until 13 Ramadan which is Monday next week.

Quote Originally Posted by ashruf View Post
    Assalaamu alaykom,

My wife had initially planned to travel with her brother for umrah during this ramadaan on the 26th of August. Her brother will not be able to make the journey and it poses a problem for her.

The visa on her passport reflects his name as the Mahram, but we are concerned that it will be a problem for her when she enters Saudi arabia. She now has to use her nephew(brothers Son) as her mahram.

Is there any advice on how to have the changes made. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Wassalaam
    Ashraf
    This is sad. The whole issue/matter surrounding "MOFAs" are electronically operated. When a passport is uploaded, electronically, it includes information of dependant/mehrim and registers that as such. Once mofa is issued it gets transmitted to the licensed agent, the saudi consulate, the immigration department of Saudi Arabia, the foreign office and the ministry of haj. Changes, thereafter, cannot be made.
    If there is a change in the travel info a new MOFA has to be applied for. In your case the MOFA system had been shut down so you cannot have a new mofa to reconcile with the change in Mehrim detail and the existing mofa cannot be changed.
    The UK Saudi consulate will not be able to change the status.
    You can take the risk of travelling with the nephew and can get away with it in Jedda if there is heavy pressure on the immigration desk and the officer is overwhelmed and not notice. My advise is "DONT". If you are caught arriving without the named mehrim than you will be in lots of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Ismail Simjee View Post
    Where did you get this information from? I handle nearly 50% of umra visas in UK and been in this profession since 20 years. Yet I dont have such info !!
    Don't mislead people if you have no evidence to support such news as it plays havoc with potential pilgrim's hopes.
    The Mofa system shut down past midnight between Saturday and Sunday which was four days before Ramadan started. The Saudi consulate will stop accepting passports for visa as of tomorrow and will deal with technical issues of the visas issued or rejected until 13 Ramadan which is Monday next week.
    My father has a freind at the embassy and this is the information he got from him, I am talking about the one in ottawa.
    I'm talking about people who are going with an Umrah visa here is my "evidence"
    http://www.hajinformation.com/main/t1505.htm

The visa for Umrah in Ramadan cannot exceed the last day of Ramadan. You should leave Saudi Arabia by the end of Ramadan and cannot have Eid-ul-Fitr there.
    Last edited by Mujaheedah; 17-08-10 at 04:55 PM.
    "Islam began as something strange and will return as it was, so give glad tidings to the strangers."

Dont you rely on a friend of your father working in the embassy be that in Ottawa or Timbaktu. Not all employee of a foreign mission are diplomats. And the gravity of such un-reliable information being passed on to others is even more serious and unforgivable. Unless you, yourself are in this business and know absolutely everything to its precise detail kindly refrain from giving advise.

Secondly, the two balooned evidence you provide are also incorrect. Umra visas are not ALL valid for 30 days. It depends on the Umra company in Saudi Arabia and the external agent's agreement that determines the length of the validity and in any case cannot exceed 30 days.

Thirdly, you DO NOT have to leave in two weeks from the date of entry. You leave when your pre-arranged package expires and that package can be of any duration as long as it does not exceed 30 days.

Finally, whilst an umra visa does end with the end of Ramadan you are not obliged to leave and NOT stay beyond. As long as the return is inside 8 days of the end of Ramadan you can stay. That is the rule applicable to anyone from anywhere in the world.

As I said before, please dont give wrong information for fear of raising the hopes of innocent pilgrims.
    Last edited by Ismail Simjee; 17-08-10 at 11:20 PM.

well I guess you must know more than the kingdom of saudi arabia itself because the information I gave agrees with the information I got from my dad's friend and it is from a Saudi Arabian website for hajj and umrah information, and you need to seriously do some breathing exercises or something and calm down because I am not raising the fears or hopes of "innocent pilgrims" rather just sharing some information that I know to be true.

First you distribute in-correct advise based on some shady information from an employee of the embassy and from their website which I already said contains wrong info. Now you embark upon insult. Why dont you just pick up the courage of admitting that you should not have done what you did? But then, perhaps, ego comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by Ismail Simjee View Post
    First you distribute in-correct advise based on some shady information from an employee of the embassy and from their website which I already said contains wrong info. Now you embark upon insult. Why dont you just pick up the courage of admitting that you should not have done what you did? But then, perhaps, ego comes in.
    I gave you the website which proves what I was saying what more do you want? you are just being childish now. You sound arrogant, I'm sure you are an agent or something right? and you are selling hajj and ummrah packages.. I thought I saw your name somewhere before. Anyways I'm fasting have no time ffor this Assalamu3alaikum.

More insults based on an inflated ego around "I know everything and who are you to challenge me" and then speedily dive under the excuse of fasting. I have news for you seeing you just woke up and discovered this forum, that the rest of the Ummah are also fasting in case you did not notice.
    The Saudi website is full of inaccuracies which is nothing new just like that friend of your father in the Ottawa embassy. It is people like you who do not accept that they are at fault and dish out more insults instead of retracting.
    Oh, you also are "guessing" about my profession. Here is the punchline for you..Yes, I am an agent and you know what? The forum knows about that too.
    Last edited by Ismail Simjee; 18-08-10 at 03:31 PM.

good for you.

Excellent. That's how you should be with everyone at all times.