Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

LIVE Arabic Classes with Abu Mus'ab Wednesday 8:30PM GMT (9:30pm BST) skype: ummahradio Show Details here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

 

Note: All classes are still on the old times of GMT, not GMT +1 a.k.a. BST, with the exception of the Tafseer Class, for that will be done at 7:30pm GMT, or 6:30pm GMT+1/BST

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 114
  1. #1

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    31ŗ 57' N, 35ŗ 56' E
    Gender:
    Boy Male
    Posts
    4,377
    Rep Power
    0

    who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    who is Ashraf Ali Thanvi ?
    and what is contained in this book BEHISHTHI ZAWAR ?
    Why do the Salafi Ulema opose his books

    specifics inshalah for those that know

  2. #41
    Stop eating my Chicken!!! LailaTheMuslim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    London init Brav
    Gender:
    Girl Female
    Posts
    6,213
    Rep Power
    40

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    Quote Originally Posted by hamza89 View Post
    meaning ? sister you should not be like foam on the sea and jump from group to group from opinion to opinion.
    ask your local imam.
    so whoever that is i assume he is Somali ask him inshalah
    group to group? Nah I'm just asking if hes reliable unlike the likes of dodgy scholars who I wont mention, usually I use IslamQa for fatwa, regularly, I don't fatwa-shop, used to use Islamonline but grew out of them, I just want to look at his website.

    Local Imam, don't know how to approach him and have never met him.
    WhenTheWorldPushesYouToYourKnees-
    You'reInThePerfectPositionToPray (Islam.07)


    The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “O people, beware of this shirk, for it is more subtle than the footsteps of an ant. The one whom Allaah willed should speak said to him, “How can we beware of it when it is more subtle than the footsteps of an ant, O Messenger of Allaah?” He said, “Say, Allaahumma innaa na’oodhu bika min an nushrika bika shay’an na’lamuhu wa nastaghfiruka limaa laa na’lam (O Allaah, we seek refuge with You from knowingly associating anything with You, and we seek Your forgiveness for that which we do unknowingly).” (Narrated by Ahmad, 4/403)


    “My intercession will be for those among my ummah who have committed major sins.” [Classed as Sahih by al-Albaani in Sahih Abi Dawood, 3965]

  3. #42
    alfi salella alel madani ahmed_abdullah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender:
    Boy Male
    Posts
    6,761
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    Quote Originally Posted by hamza89 View Post
    Salafi and Deobandi were at one point not so far away from each other than in fiqh apparently. Especially Aqeedah wise much has come from deoband that the salafi ulema disagreed with. The senior teachers at the islamic universities remember thousands of brothers being accepted from Deoband etc.

    today your lucky to say a handfull
    Deoband if i am not wrong then it started from pakistan in 19th century, please do correct me if i am wrong.
    Where as salafi is way back, so indeed deoband people do claim to be athari and speak of bid'ah and all.But in the end they say which is bid'ah which is what salafi don't like about.

    If you meet a common salafati and ask him about deoband, he will directly say it is deviated sect.For example if you meet a salafabi he will say somethings in deoband are good but something are bad.

    There are much to deoband people, they have done alot of disrespect to many which i don't feel like saying.

    Allah knows best.
    صلى الله على حبيبه محمد و على آله و أصحابه و سلم
    Al-Muslimeen

  4. #43
    Account Disabled Medievalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    earth
    Gender:
    Unspecified
    Posts
    29,805
    Rep Power
    199

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    I wouldnt pay too much attention to who salafis oppose, they oppose their own teachers and fathers so who are the Ulama of Hind **roll eyes**
    Last edited by Medievalist; 04-07-10 at 06:37 PM.

  5. #44
    slave mujhadia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Valite
    Gender:
    Girl Female
    Posts
    2,314
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    i heard both groups got on in the past, times change i guess. they must not see any good in helping each other out anymore.
    glass half empty

  6. #45
    ♥ a crooked rib ♥ ~TwinklingStar~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender:
    Girl Female
    Posts
    2,678
    Rep Power
    59

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    Quote Originally Posted by Sunni Student View Post
    To the thread opner:

    See the following video from the Ahl Hadith/Salafi perspective:
    Bahesti Zever Ka Operation Part 1 - Syed Meraj Rabbani

    Then ofcourse there is the Brewli perspective which highlight allegedly nude comments made in this book, but I wont get into that.
    MERAJ RABBANI KA OPERATION

  7. #46

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    31ŗ 57' N, 35ŗ 56' E
    Gender:
    Boy Male
    Posts
    4,377
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    Quote Originally Posted by Medievalist View Post
    I wouldnt pay too much attention to who saafi oppose, they oppose their own teachers and fathers so who are the Ulama of Hind **roll eyes**
    what do you know of salafi and deobandi ulema working together in past.
    i hear this often if they did work together in the past what happened.
    i hear they were hand in hand against bi'dah shirk kufr etc

  8. #47
    Abdul Karim Abdul-Curim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Gender:
    Boy Male
    Posts
    16,022
    Rep Power
    88

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    Quote Originally Posted by ~TwinklingStar~ View Post
    As expected a slanging match between Deobandis , Barelwis and Salafis .
    Where there are no Ulemah(Scholars) there are many Muftis.

    I
    deal System of Living for All Mankind .

  9. #48
    Abdul Karim Abdul-Curim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Gender:
    Boy Male
    Posts
    16,022
    Rep Power
    88

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    Where there are no Ulemah(Scholars) there are many Muftis.

    I
    deal System of Living for All Mankind .

  10. #49
    Account Disabled Medievalist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    earth
    Gender:
    Unspecified
    Posts
    29,805
    Rep Power
    199

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    Quote Originally Posted by hamza89 View Post
    what do you know of salafi and deobandi ulema working together in past.
    i hear this often if they did work together in the past what happened.
    i hear they were hand in hand against bi'dah shirk kufr etc
    I know that Ahle Hadeeth people used to study in our dar ul ulooms, even Hadrat Shaykh on personal level had salam du'a with Ahle Hadeeth people, but that's standard. Today even we all have salam du'a with Salafis and Barelwis, they still muslims.

    They may and do agree in things and they disagree in other things. Just as we agree on thnigs with the barelwis and disagree on others.

    Bro - you know and I know that you wont find ANY scholar or group in Islam that is not labelled deviant or misguided by someone or other that is connected with Islam. Just cos Bilal Phillips wants to go on an ego-trip and others have their own agenda doesnt mean owt.

    Bahishti Zewar was originally written as a manual for women. It's got fiqh and aqeedah and history and things like household advice etc. So it's a general manual for women. And it found wide acceptance in the subcontinent and many people have it in their homes and refer to it, alhamdulillah.

    As for Hadrat Thanwi. The Ulama of Hind consider him an Imam and he is called Hakeem ul Ummat. The major Ulama held in him in high esteem and honour.

  11. #50
    Abu-Tawheed Saif-Uddin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Earth/Dunya
    Gender:
    Boy Male
    Posts
    20,443
    Rep Power
    493

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    Quote Originally Posted by *asiya* View Post
    really doesnt matter what anyone says, those of the deobandi and sufi will not accept there is any wrong in it, and if anyone speaks out about it, shows the mistakes, and even if they bring the proof, it will never be accepted by the followers of thanvi. so its a waste of thread asking here really because it you know there are many followers of the various sufi and deoband schools here and it will just decend into pointless arguments and 15 pages later no conculsion will be bought.
    Your probably right sis, as there are many people who blindly follow their teachers/Sheikhs/Maulana's without Evidence from the Quran/Sunnah,

    Ukthi I just want to see the Evidence for the Bidaah, there is so much in there that does not have any references to the Sources/Authentic Hadith's Cited,

    However I have trust in Bilal Philipps, so can someone post the Link where he talks about it?

    much appreciated.

    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

    "O followers of Muhammad! By Allah, if you knew what I know, you would weep much and laugh little."

    [Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol. 8, Hadith no. 627]

    May Allah ta'ala join our beloved akhi Uncle-Umar (may Allah ta'ala have mercy upon him) with the Shuhada and grant him the Highest station in Jannatul Firdaus

    Ameen


    https://www.justgiving.com/FoodTruckForSyria/

  12. #51

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    31ŗ 57' N, 35ŗ 56' E
    Gender:
    Boy Male
    Posts
    4,377
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    Quote Originally Posted by Medievalist View Post
    I know that Ahle Hadeeth people used to study in our dar ul ulooms, even Hadrat Shaykh on personal level had salam du'a with Ahle Hadeeth people, but that's standard. Today even we all have salam du'a with Salafis and Barelwis, they still muslims.

    They may and do agree in things and they disagree in other things. Just as we agree on thnigs with the barelwis and disagree on others.

    Bro - you know and I know that you wont find ANY scholar or group in Islam that is not labelled deviant or misguided by someone or other that is connected with Islam. Just cos Bilal Phillips wants to go on an ego-trip and others have their own agenda doesnt mean owt.

    Bahishti Zewar was originally written as a manual for women. It's got fiqh and aqeedah and history and things like household advice etc. So it's a general manual for women. And it found wide acceptance in the subcontinent and many people have it in their homes and refer to it, alhamdulillah.

    As for Hadrat Thanwi. The Ulama of Hind consider him an Imam and he is called Hakeem ul Ummat. The major Ulama held in him in high esteem and honour.
    THis has nothing to do with Bilal philips i saw the video after opening the thread ala kuli 7aal.
    General respect between scholar i understand etc
    but i mean that there was much exchange between the salafi ulema et
    this is even more evident from the amount of Graduates from the islamic university of Madinah that came from deoband etc
    this might not be the case now but it was many years ago

  13. #52
    Senior Member jannatalbaqi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Gender:
    Boy Male
    Posts
    437
    Rep Power
    6

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    Quote Originally Posted by S@Z View Post
    i don't believe 'deobandis' are 'cultists' but i don't agree with its practices either

    to my knowledge bilal philips never, publicly, called himself 'salafi'
    so bro which practice do you not agree with?
    I do not reply to women...
    And Allāh has set forth an example for those who believe, the wife of Fir'aun (Pharaoh), when she said: "My Lord! Build for me a home with You in Paradise, and save me from Fir'aun (Pharaoh) and his work, and save me from the people who are Zālimūn (polytheists, wrong-doers and disbelievers in Allāh). (At-Tahrim 66:11)

  14. #53
    alfi salella alel madani ahmed_abdullah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender:
    Boy Male
    Posts
    6,761
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    Quote Originally Posted by hamza89 View Post
    THis has nothing to do with Bilal philips i saw the video after opening the thread ala kuli 7aal.
    General respect between scholar i understand etc
    but i mean that there was much exchange between the salafi ulema et
    this is even more evident from the amount of Graduates from the islamic university of Madinah that came from deoband etc
    this might not be the case now but it was many years ago
    Brother sect doesn't define anything into a person, if you pick out a sufi sect there will one among them which has reached the height of mohsin where if you pick another sect of deoband there will be one and so on, so it is not sect which controls a muslim but it only simplifies things for a person to accept more easily depending upon the location and needs.

    If Allah wants to guide someone then Allah will guide anyone from the mud or from the thrones.

    All we have to remember is never to speak from our mind like the things such some say that shaitaan can take the form of rasulallah salellahualaihiwasalam in the dreams which is totally false, see one should avoid these kinds of analogies based on the mindset.

    Some say saudi arabia doesn't have shariath applied but it is the country which has applied shariah most closely and what more, haj and omrah is there.If one person goes for haj then he is like a new born person.Consider the people living there, tell me how many might go to haj every year?
    صلى الله على حبيبه محمد و على آله و أصحابه و سلم
    Al-Muslimeen

  15. #54
    Very happy bunny -:) KeeKee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    بريطانيا
    Gender:
    Girl Female
    Posts
    17,953
    Rep Power
    101

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    lot of rubbish from people who know nothing of deoband and such a pious shaikh like shaikh ashraf ali thanwi.

    learn something without prejudices clouding your eyebrows, and don't be so silly and hasty in stupidly casting aside whatever you don't understand or agree with. seems like people can't
    grasp that there are differences of opinion.

    the ulama of deoband -majority-are on the haq, were great mujahideen who fought against the british raj to safeguard islam, and who teach upon Quran and sunnah. and may Allah guard the honour of those people whom igorant, un cautious people who cannot guard their tongues, slander and make assumptions, and make wide statements on things they do not understand.

    Allahumma inna Naj'aluka fi nuhurihim, wa na'u'thubika min shuroorihim
    The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
    (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
    In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

  16. #55
    أهل الرأي. IbnulQayyim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender:
    Boy Male
    Posts
    9,490
    Rep Power
    88

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe563 View Post


    thats all well and true but are the hadiths from "Mishkaat" sound? how comes know one talks about "Mishkaat"? Ive never seen it mentioned anywhere apart from Thanvi books.
    Mishkaat is a popular book too lol
    Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

    ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
    فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

  17. #56
    Very happy bunny -:) KeeKee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    بريطانيا
    Gender:
    Girl Female
    Posts
    17,953
    Rep Power
    101

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    if you have never heard of mishkaat then i suggest you learn of the saheeh books of hadeeth. inshaAllah.
    The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
    (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
    In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

  18. #57
    أهل الرأي. IbnulQayyim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Gender:
    Boy Male
    Posts
    9,490
    Rep Power
    88

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    Quote Originally Posted by KeeKee View Post
    if you have never heard of mishkaat then i suggest you learn of the saheeh books of hadeeth. inshaAllah.
    the thing is ppl dont realize that imam bukhari and muslim have explicitly stated that they 'dont' have all sahih hadeeths plus they 'have left out' many saheeh.

    they have many repititve ahaadith too.
    Reported by Ibn al-Salah:

    ولقد أحسن الحسن بن أبي زياد اللؤلؤي صاحب أبي حنيفة فيما بلغنا عنه أنه استفتي في مسألة فأخطأ فيها ولم يعرف الذي أفتاه فاكترى مناديا فنادى أن الحسن بن أبي زياد استفتي يوم كذا وكذا في مسألة فأخطأ فمن كان أفتاه الحسن بن أبي زياد بشيء فليرجع إليه
    فلبث أياما لا يفتي حتى وجد صاحب الفتوى فأعلمه أنه أخطأ وإن الصواب كذا وكذا والله أعلم

  19. #58
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    London!
    Gender:
    Boy Male
    Posts
    883
    Rep Power
    62

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    Quote Originally Posted by KeeKee View Post
    if you have never heard of mishkaat then i suggest you learn of the saheeh books of hadeeth. inshaAllah.
    that i will do inshallah

  20. #59
    Abu-Tawheed Saif-Uddin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Earth/Dunya
    Gender:
    Boy Male
    Posts
    20,443
    Rep Power
    493

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    I think we should leave this discussion and do what Dr Bilal Phillips said, read books which give references to Authentic Hadeeths of which there are many ...

    We should not dis Maulana Ashraf Ali Thanwi either, as he may have intended good by the advice he gave of whatever Hadeeth Daeef/Sahih that he knew, his intention may have been sincere,

    and brothers and sisters, why do we always have to resort to this infighting, Dising Salafi/Tableghi/ and other groups?

    How are we going to correct and unite ourselves against the Kuffar/Mushrikeen when we keep fighting among ourselves?

    Do you not see that the Kuffar/MUshrikeen are having a Jolly good laugh at us for fighting/arguing between ourselves, ?

    We should correct each other with evidence from the Quran/Sunnah and if we do not have sufficient knowledge on a matter we should abstain from making any statements with our personal opinions.

    Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 04-07-10 at 10:24 PM.
    http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

    "O followers of Muhammad! By Allah, if you knew what I know, you would weep much and laugh little."

    [Sahih Al-Bukhari, Vol. 8, Hadith no. 627]

    May Allah ta'ala join our beloved akhi Uncle-Umar (may Allah ta'ala have mercy upon him) with the Shuhada and grant him the Highest station in Jannatul Firdaus

    Ameen


    https://www.justgiving.com/FoodTruckForSyria/

  21. #60
    scribble
    Guests

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    I haven't studied it, but I doubt many people commenting have either. Let alone open the book and see for themselves.

    Most of us can't ever claim to have studied as much as the ulema, you know when you actually learn something, whatever, fiqh.. Qur'an.. you learn how ignorant you are. Honest

  22. #61
    Very happy bunny -:) KeeKee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    بريطانيا
    Gender:
    Girl Female
    Posts
    17,953
    Rep Power
    101

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    er i meant head not eyebrows

    Quote Originally Posted by KeeKee View Post
    lot of rubbish from people who know nothing of deoband and such a pious shaikh like shaikh ashraf ali thanwi.

    learn something without prejudices clouding your eyebrows, and don't be so silly and hasty in stupidly casting aside whatever you don't understand or agree with. seems like people can't
    grasp that there are differences of opinion.

    the ulama of deoband -majority-are on the haq, were great mujahideen who fought against the british raj to safeguard islam, and who teach upon Quran and sunnah. and may Allah guard the honour of those people whom igorant, un cautious people who cannot guard their tongues, slander and make assumptions, and make wide statements on things they do not understand.

    Allahumma inna Naj'aluka fi nuhurihim, wa na'u'thubika min shuroorihim
    The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
    (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
    In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

  23. #62
    Glory Be To Him aadil77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Gender:
    Boy Male
    Posts
    5,558
    Rep Power
    73

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    I don't know why salafi's might be opposed to him, but my local deobandi ulema reffer to him quite alot

    He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full of Mercy to the Believers. [Quran {33:43}]
    www.QuranicAudio.com
    www.Quran.com

  24. #63
    Abdul Karim Abdul-Curim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Gender:
    Boy Male
    Posts
    16,022
    Rep Power
    88

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    Quote Originally Posted by IbnulQayyim View Post
    the thing is ppl dont realize that imam bukhari and muslim have explicitly stated that they 'dont' have all sahih hadeeths plus they 'have left out' many saheeh.

    they have many repititve ahaadith too.
    Which People ?

    Yes most Muslims are aware that Hadith is not just what is found in Bukhari or Muslim but did they leave many sahih hadith knowingly ?

    They recorded whatever reached during their lifetime after verifying its authencity .
    Where there are no Ulemah(Scholars) there are many Muftis.

    I
    deal System of Living for All Mankind .

  25. #64
    Abdul Karim Abdul-Curim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Gender:
    Boy Male
    Posts
    16,022
    Rep Power
    88

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    Quote Originally Posted by aadil77 View Post
    I don't know why salafi's might be opposed to him, but my local deobandi ulema reffer to him quite alot
    I dont know any Salafi Shaykh who oppose him for the sake of opposition , there have not been major ideological clashes between the Salafis and Deobandis of the subcontinent .

    There are areas of disagreements but never has it turned bitter .

    Hopefully both sides sort out the differences in the light of the Quran and Sunnah by the will of Allah (swt) for the benefit of the Ummah and ward of the dangers posed by the Enemies of Islam .

    Inshallah .
    Where there are no Ulemah(Scholars) there are many Muftis.

    I
    deal System of Living for All Mankind .

  26. #65
    Odan
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    s s s s s h h h h !
    Gender:
    Boy Male
    Posts
    1,048
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    The problem with salafies is that they read one side of the story and base their judgement on that ....

    See Allah's curse on Miraj Rabbani , he cant even read the Quran Properly and those people in the huge gathering cannot even correct it ..

    Shame Shame Shame

    Proof : he cant read the quran

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pr76CKrQKg&feature=related

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMVyRAGfWYU&feature=related

    very beautifuly said : a person who can change the holy quran can he not change the wording of behasti zevar

    and pls dont come n say we all make mistake , its not just one mistake , mistakes mistakes mistakes whenever he reads the holy quran

  27. #66

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Gone
    Gender:
    Boy Male
    Posts
    15,679
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe563 View Post
    could you drop me the link to dat bro, thanks man



    thats all well and true but are the hadiths from "Mishkaat" sound? how comes know one talks about "Mishkaat"? Ive never seen it mentioned anywhere apart from Thanvi books.

    In the book "Hayaatul Muslimeen" theres loads of "Hadiths" from uncertain sources which seem a bit oh oh
    mishkat al masbih is a well known collection ... well atleast i know about it lol

  28. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    London!
    Gender:
    Boy Male
    Posts
    883
    Rep Power
    62

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    yeah, its good that i know now mashallah.

    i know a couple of authentic hadith collections but i dont know them all.

    has anyone got a list of names of authentic hadith collections that are shahih, thanks bros + sis's

  29. #68

    Account Disabled

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Gone
    Gender:
    Boy Male
    Posts
    15,679
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe563 View Post
    yeah, its good that i know now mashallah.

    i know a couple of authentic hadith collections but i dont know them all.

    has anyone got a list of names of authentic hadith collections that are shahih, thanks bros + sis's
    there are maaany collections ... the most autentic are the Saheeh Sittah and the most authentic out of them are the Saheeh of al Bukhari and Muslim

  30. #69
    ♥ a crooked rib ♥ ~TwinklingStar~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender:
    Girl Female
    Posts
    2,678
    Rep Power
    59

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    Quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Curim View Post
    As expected a slanging match between Deobandis , Barelwis and Salafis .
    Yes...Tit for Tat We do it so well on the forum , don't we ?

    ***

    And , for the record, Bahisti Zewar has changed the lives of millions of women across the sub-continent.

    For decades , people were doing things out of ignorance -just following what their ancestors had been doing without bothering to confirm if it' s correct or not - the book enlightened the masses and helped women undestand their rights, duties and obligations in the light of the Shariah.

    Whereas, all these name - calling & Salafi-Deobandi-Barelwi debates haven't benefitted anyone - they just create further factions & mistrust in the Ummah.

  31. #70
    Odan tayyiboon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender:
    Boy Male
    Posts
    7,544
    Rep Power
    100

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    Quote Originally Posted by ~TwinklingStar~ View Post
    Yes...Tit for Tat We do it so well on the forum , don't we ?

    ***

    And , for the record, Bahisti Zewar has changed the lives of millions of women across the sub-continent.

    For decades , people were doing things out of ignorance -just following what their ancestors had been doing without bothering to confirm if it' s correct or not - the book enlightened the masses and helped women undestand their rights, duties and obligations in the light of the Shariah.

    Whereas, all these name - calling & Salafi-Deobandi-Barelwi debates haven't benefitted anyone - they just create further factions & mistrust in the Ummah.
    ok explain this in the book you are praising:

    some kid of (female) mureed drowns and dies and brings em back to life. then pir is asked how is this possible. pir says that this woman (mureed) has special status. she knows beforehand if any trouble approaches her. this (bad) news was not relayed to her, therefore it did not happen.
    Baheshti Zewar Page 40, Part/Vol. 8, Story number 19

    (got it from another forum, and it is not my translation)
    "Be A Lamp, A Lifeboat, A Ladder, Help Someone's Soul Heal. Walk Out Of Your House Like A Shepherd" - Rumi

  32. #71
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    London!
    Gender:
    Boy Male
    Posts
    883
    Rep Power
    62

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    i dont even know what a deobandi or barelwi is, lol

  33. #72
    ♥ a crooked rib ♥ ~TwinklingStar~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender:
    Girl Female
    Posts
    2,678
    Rep Power
    59

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    Quote Originally Posted by tayyiboon View Post
    ok explain this in the book you are praising:

    some kid of (female) mureed drowns and dies and brings em back to life. then pir is asked how is this possible. pir says that this woman (mureed) has special status. she knows beforehand if any trouble approaches her. this (bad) news was not relayed to her, therefore it did not happen.
    Baheshti Zewar Page 40, Part/Vol. 8, Story number 19

    (got it from another forum, and it is not my translation)

    A female murīd of Surī Saqtī

    One of the murīds of this shaykh says: "My shaykh had a female murīd. She had a son who was studying in a madrasah. His teacher sent him somewhere on an errand. He fell into some water and drowned. When the teacher heard about this, he went to Hadrat Surī and informed him. Hadrat Surī got up and went to this female murīd's house. He then began speaking to her about patience, so she said: 'Why are you speaking on this subject to me?' He replied: 'Your son drowned and passed away.' She was very surprised and said: 'Are you sure it's my son?' He replied: 'Yes, your son.' She replied: 'It's impossible. My son did not drown.' Saying this, she went to the place where they claimed that he drowned. Upon reaching there, she called out: 'O Zār!' Her son replied: 'Yes mother' and came out of the water alive. Hadrat Surī went to Hadrat Junayd and asked him to explain this incident to him. He replied: 'This woman has a special status and rank in that whatever calamity is to befall her, she comes to know of it before hand. She did not know of this drowning and therefore said that it did not happen.'"

    Lesson: Each walī receives a different status and a different ranking. One should not think that this walī is higher than that walī who does not know what is going to happen to him before hand. Allah has the choice to deal with whomsoever He wishes in whichever way He wishes. Be that as it may, it is still a great karāmat. All this is through the barakah of obedience to Allah and Rasūlullāh sallallāhu ‘alayhi wa sallam. One should endeavour in this direction and thereafter if Allah wishes, He will grant such a person a status like this, or one even greater than this.

  34. #73
    Odan tayyiboon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender:
    Boy Male
    Posts
    7,544
    Rep Power
    100

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    Quote Originally Posted by ~TwinklingStar~ View Post
    A female murīd of Surī Saqtī

    One of the murīds of this shaykh says: "My shaykh had a female murīd. She had a son who was studying in a madrasah. His teacher sent him somewhere on an errand. He fell into some water and drowned. When the teacher heard about this, he went to Hadrat Surī and informed him. Hadrat Surī got up and went to this female murīd's house. He then began speaking to her about patience, so she said: 'Why are you speaking on this subject to me?' He replied: 'Your son drowned and passed away.' She was very surprised and said: 'Are you sure it's my son?' He replied: 'Yes, your son.' She replied: 'It's impossible. My son did not drown.' Saying this, she went to the place where they claimed that he drowned. Upon reaching there, she called out: 'O Zār!' Her son replied: 'Yes mother' and came out of the water alive. Hadrat Surī went to Hadrat Junayd and asked him to explain this incident to him. He replied: 'This woman has a special status and rank in that whatever calamity is to befall her, she comes to know of it before hand. She did not know of this drowning and therefore said that it did not happen.'"

    Lesson: Each walī receives a different status and a different ranking. One should not think that this walī is higher than that walī who does not know what is going to happen to him before hand. Allah has the choice to deal with whomsoever He wishes in whichever way He wishes. Be that as it may, it is still a great karāmat. All this is through the barakah of obedience to Allah and Rasūlullāh sallallāhu ‘alayhi wa sallam. One should endeavour in this direction and thereafter if Allah wishes, He will grant such a person a status like this, or one even greater than this.
    what has this story to do with changing the lives of women?? and how come such people have such powers that we hardly heard even from the Sahabah?
    "Be A Lamp, A Lifeboat, A Ladder, Help Someone's Soul Heal. Walk Out Of Your House Like A Shepherd" - Rumi

  35. #74
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    London!
    Gender:
    Boy Male
    Posts
    883
    Rep Power
    62

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    Quote Originally Posted by ~TwinklingStar~ View Post
    'This woman has a special status and rank in that whatever calamity is to befall her, she comes to know of it before hand.
    ........hhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

  36. #75
    alfi salella alel madani ahmed_abdullah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender:
    Boy Male
    Posts
    6,761
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    Quote Originally Posted by tayyiboon View Post
    what has this story to do with changing the lives of women?? and how come such people have such powers that we hardly heard even from the Sahabah?
    There is maybe you should read some more. Inshallah you will find about it.
    صلى الله على حبيبه محمد و على آله و أصحابه و سلم
    Al-Muslimeen

  37. #76
    Odan tayyiboon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender:
    Boy Male
    Posts
    7,544
    Rep Power
    100

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmed_abdullah View Post
    There is maybe you should read some more. Inshallah you will find about it.
    sorry not interested in reading such stories of special powers, muslims knowing the future, a mureed or a wali knowing things!!!

    i am content with Qur'an, Sunnah, Seerah of the Sahabah & books which call us to change ourselves and be good obedient Muslims......
    i am not into fairytales....
    "Be A Lamp, A Lifeboat, A Ladder, Help Someone's Soul Heal. Walk Out Of Your House Like A Shepherd" - Rumi

  38. #77
    ♥ a crooked rib ♥ ~TwinklingStar~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Gender:
    Girl Female
    Posts
    2,678
    Rep Power
    59

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    Quote Originally Posted by tayyiboon View Post
    what has this story to do with changing the lives of women?? and how come such people have such powers that we hardly heard even from the Sahabah?
    Well..Bahishti Zewar is a comprehensive handbook outlining the laws of

    PART 1
    Beliefs and Laws of Tahārah

    PART 2
    Salāt and its Virtues

    PART 3
    Fasting, Zakāt, Qurbāni, Hajj, Vows, Apostasy, Halāl and Harām, etc.

    PART 4
    Marriage, Divorce, 'Iddah, Maintenance, Custody, the Rights of Living and Reciting the Qur'ān

    PART 5
    Principles of Business and Pursuit of Wealth

    PART 6
    Etiquette, Manners, reformation of the Heart, Deeds and their Retribution, and the Signs of Qiyāmah

    PART 7

    The Lives of Pious Women

    PART 8
    Health Matters and Etiquette

    SUPPLEMENT TO BAHISHTI ZEWAR

    The Importance of Knowledge

    The Education of Women

    The Virtues and Rewards of Wudhu and Ghusl

    ***

    Obviously , as you can see - Bahisti Zewar is more than that one story and so, it wasn't stories that changed the lives of millions of women...Learning the laws of the deen did.

    If something in the book sounds doubtful to you , just leave that part - there is no need to diss the entire book as 'fabrications and lies" because you diasagree with it . . Besides, in what way will trying to prove or disprove the woman's powers benefit any of us ?

    Read the entire book.. not just parts of it....there is a lot one can benefit from it , Insha Allah.

  39. #78
    Odan tayyiboon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Gender:
    Boy Male
    Posts
    7,544
    Rep Power
    100

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    Quote Originally Posted by ~TwinklingStar~ View Post
    Read the entire book.. not just parts of it....there is a lot one can benefit from it , Insha Allah.
    the problem is not me, the problem is if ignorant women who do not know much about Islam read such books, who is there to tell them what to read and what to skip?

    Isn't it better for them to read books which do not have such dubious/doubtful stories in the first place?
    "Be A Lamp, A Lifeboat, A Ladder, Help Someone's Soul Heal. Walk Out Of Your House Like A Shepherd" - Rumi

  40. #79
    alfi salella alel madani ahmed_abdullah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Gender:
    Boy Male
    Posts
    6,761
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    Quote Originally Posted by tayyiboon View Post
    sorry not interested in reading such stories of special powers, muslims knowing the future, a mureed or a wali knowing things!!!

    i am content with Qur'an, Sunnah, Seerah of the Sahabah & books which call us to change ourselves and be good obedient Muslims......
    i am not into fairytales....
    As you wish but ill tell you what knowledge you are reading is one knowledge and the another is kept only for the people who have imaan, this book of beyhasti zevar is kind of the another side and one would need imaan to accept all these.Some men and women among ummah are bestowed with the prediction of future before hand and this is what is bestowed to her.She had total trust on Allah that Allah has shown everything to her like good happening is also shown and bad to happen is also shown, so her imaan was on this that there is Allah always to guide her.But like always she didn't get the guidance or happened to know about that her son will drown which is why she was strong holded to Allah.Thereby the moral of the story is to have strong trust on Allah.

    Have you read about this hadith from sahih bukhari

    Narrated Abu Huraira radiallah tala anhu that I have memorized two kinds of knowledge from Allah's Apostle . I have propagated one of them to you and if I propagated the second, then my pharynx (throat) would be cut (i.e. killed). [Volume 1, Book 3, Number 121]

    In later narrations it was said the abu huraira radiallah taala anhu used to speak about this another knowledge with the people of medina.

    So if you don't read it, it is alright.Although as i explained i am sure you didn't knew about it before hand but i have seen it and experienced it myself thereby i understood it.Now don't ask me how, indeed you must be wondering like whenever one says future people think of "jinn" but infact certainly it is not, future prediction can be done by dreams as well.
    صلى الله على حبيبه محمد و على آله و أصحابه و سلم
    Al-Muslimeen

  41. #80
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    London!
    Gender:
    Boy Male
    Posts
    883
    Rep Power
    62

    Re: who is shaykh Ashraf Ali Thanvi

    Quote Originally Posted by ahmed_abdullah View Post
    Now don't ask me how
    How?


Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT. The time now is 07:12 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2
Copyright © 2014 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
Super PM System provided by vBSuper_PM v1.2.0 (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com

MPADC.com Islamic Web Hosting | Muslim Ad Network | Islamic Nasheeds | Islamic Mobile App Developement Android & iPhone
Omar Esa Nasheed Artist
| Omar Esa Nasheeds | Islamic Web Hosting : Muslim Designers : Nasheeds : Labbayk Nasheeds : silk route jilbab: Hijab: : Web Islamic Newsletter: Islamic Web Hosting

Hijabs Online | Hijabs | Hijab Shop | Hijab Shop : Treasure of The Scholars