Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The in-law is death- a scientific miracle

the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Beware of entering upon women.” A man from among the Ansaar said, “What about the in-law, O Messenger of Allaah?” He said, “The in-law is death.”
    Narrated by al-Bukhaari, 5232; Muslim, 2172.

This could only have been by a Prophet of God indeed. I consider this Hadith a scientific miracle, those who know and hear about what goes on in the Hindu communities where the entire family lives in one house and there is no hijaab/niqaab/segregation whatsoever among them would agree with me, some really bizarre cases occur where wives have relationships with their brother-in-laws.....!!!

People usually take such things lightly because they trust each other, but the shaitaan (devil) is an evil being and can cause trouble when a woman and her in-law are alone...
    "Be A Lamp, A Lifeboat, A Ladder, Help Someone's Soul Heal. Walk Out Of Your House Like A Shepherd" - Rumi

Re: The in-law is death- a scientific miracle

Quote Originally Posted by tayyiboon View Post
    the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Beware of entering upon women.” A man from among the Ansaar said, “What about the in-law, O Messenger of Allaah?” He said, “The in-law is death.”

This could only have been by a Prophet of God indeed. I consider this Hadith a scientific miracle, those who know and hear about what goes on in the Hindu communities where the entire family lives in one house and there is no hijaab/niqaab/segregation whatsoever among them
    Brother, it happens in Muslim communities too.
    'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/

This could only have been by a Prophet of God indeed. I consider this Hadith a scientific miracle, those who know and hear about what goes on in the Hindu communities where the entire family lives in one house and there is no hijaab/niqaab/segregation whatsoever among them would agree with me, some really bizarre cases occur where wives have relationships with their brother-in-laws.....!!!

People usually take such things lightly because they trust each other, but the shaitaan (devil) is an evil being and can cause trouble when a woman and her in-law are alone...
    How's it scientific?
    Ibn al-Qayyim said:“The extent to which a person is helped by Allah depends on the extent of his intention, drive, aim and hopes. Help from Allah comes to people in proportion to their intention, drives, hopes and fears, and failure comes to them in like manner.”

Quote Originally Posted by Peacenik View Post
    Brother, it happens in Muslim communities too.
    i know but not as much as in the Hindu communities....believe me
    "Be A Lamp, A Lifeboat, A Ladder, Help Someone's Soul Heal. Walk Out Of Your House Like A Shepherd" - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by muhammad81 View Post
    How's it scientific?
    ok maybe not scientific but it is a miracle alright

i know but not as much as in the Hindu communities....believe me
    Maybe because there's over a billion of them, in one space
    'Nor say of anything,"I shall be sure to do so and so tomorrow" without adding, " if Allah (SWT) Wills" (18:23-24)

QuranExplorer.com, where you can Listen to the Holy Recitation and Translation online in Arabic and English : http://www.quranexplorer.com/quran/

havent you ever watched jeremy kyle of trisha? it happens in Uk communities tooo

Recipes for all the family
    (and you thought I was a lazy feminazi which can't cook?)

Quote Originally Posted by naila-k View Post
    havent you ever watched jeremy kyle of trisha? it happens in Uk communities tooo
    i know it happens in many communities but as far as i know it is more apparent in the Hindu communitites.....the main point is the significance of the Hadith for all times.....

It could happen anywhere if the prophetic advice is unheeded .
    Where there are no Ulemah(Scholars) there are many Muftis.

I
    deal System of Living for All Mankind .

I was at a cource recently and the sheikh was talking about this hadith and he spoke about a young practising brother in saudi. He's younger brother came to live with him cuz he was attending a uni nearby, the married brother wasn't to keen on the idea, cuz in the daytime, he would be at work and hes wife and brother would be alone in the house, however the father forced him. Years down the line and the brother has two kids and his wife is pregnant with the 3rd, I won't go into to much detail how they found out but after DNA resutls, it showed the married brother was unable to make his wife pregnant ( I don't know the word for it :S) and infact the kids were his younger brothers.

The married brother fainted on the spot and when he woke, he woke paralaysed
    SubhanAllah, anything can happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Peacenik View Post
    Maybe because there's over a billion of them, in one space
    yes the problem is the joint family tradition they have, the entire family lives in one house, and in their religion there is no such thing as hijab or segregation so all types of problems occur....!!! This Hadith is so amazing as it shows how Islam covers every aspect of life to protect it from wickedness and deviation

Aye , As one runs from death , so does a woman have to keep away from her bro-in-law .

I

Quote Originally Posted by Islam.07 View Post
    I was at a cource recently and the sheikh was talking about this hadith and he spoke about a young practising brother in saudi. He's younger brother came to live with him cuz he was attending a uni nearby, the married brother wasn't to keen on the idea, cuz in the daytime, he would be at work and hes wife and brother would be alone in the house, however the father forced him. Years down the line and the brother has two kids and his wife is pregnant with the 3rd, I won't go into to much detail how they found out but after DNA resutls, it showed the married brother was unable to make his wife pregnant ( I don't know the word for it :S) and infact the kids were his younger brothers.

yes, that is why Islam is the truth and nothing but the truth as everything in it is for the benefit of humanity...

Quote Originally Posted by Islam.07 View Post

I heard something similar from either Shaykh Bilal Philips or Shaykh Yassir Fazaga or Shaykh Salem Al Amry which was supposed to have occurred in the UAE .

I

Quote Originally Posted by Abdul-Curim View Post
    I heard something similar from either Shaykh Bilal Philips or Shaykh Yassir Fazaga or Shaykh Salem Al Amry which was supposed to have occurred in the UAE .
    I heard it from Sheikh Riad Ourazazi. He told us a few similair stories, one in UAE and one in Sharjah.

Don't you ever think how blessed we are with Islam, the non-muslims do this kind of thing on a daily basis with no hayaa

yes the problem is the joint family tradition they have, the entire family lives in one house, and in their religion there is no such thing as hijab or segregation so all types of problems occur....!!! This Hadith is so amazing as it shows how Islam covers every aspect of life to protect it from wickedness and deviation
    Well Polyandry is a still practised amongst certain castes in Norther part of India and Nepal due to the influence of their epic scriptures the Mahabharat where 5 bros share a single wife .

In these times its the advent of techonology which has kept them stuck to their evil customs of female infanticide resulting in around 800 women to every 1000 men . An excuse for polyandry .

I

that is the wisdom in giving the women her own home and extended families not living together..

Well Polyandry is a still practised amongst certain castes in Norther part of India and Nepal due to the influence of their epic scriptures the Mahabharat where 5 bros share a single wife .
    5brothers and one wife?

Quote Originally Posted by naila-k View Post
    that is the wisdom in giving the women her own home and extended families not living together..
    not really, parents of the husband can always live with him........

not really, parents of the husband can always live with him........
    Aye , the Woman's father-in-law is a mahram to her .

I

أليس الله بِكَافٍ عَبْدَه fisabilillah's Avatar

ok maybe not scientific but it is a miracle alright
    The prophet was divinely inspired, and it's not unusual for things that the prophet told us about to be proven correct. Scientists are only just discovering things that our prophet told us about 1431 years ago.
    قال بعض السلف :
    خلق الله الملائكة عقولاً بلا شهوة ، وخلق البهائم شهوة بلا عقول، وخلق ابن آدم وركب فيه العقل والشهوة ، فمن غلب عقله شهوته التحق بالملائكة ، ومن غلبت شهوته عقله التحق بالبهائم .

http://saaid.net/

Aye , the Woman's father-in-law is a mahram to her .
    well usually in the joint family it is the husband's family that lives with them...

well usually in the joint family it is the husband's family that lives with them...
    That doesnot include the Bro-in-Law .Under such circumstances its wise to move out .

I

Can someone edit the OP (or correct me if I'm wrong) but the hadith is about the 'brother in law' not the 'in law'. It's worth pointing out cos' otherwise it sounds misleading as the father in law is mahram.

alfi salella alel madani ahmed_abdullah's Avatar

I don't like the joint family stuff either, better stay separate in separate homes although living in the same street or same city but never in the same house.

Here the death means the person's heart is dead because after doing evil sins the person's heart get blackened and so much blackened causes death so the indication from rasulallah salellahualaihiwasalam to death is that the person's nafs will increase causing the heart to be death in words death.Read surah baqarah about the cow and young man.
    صلى الله على حبيبه محمد و على آله و أصحابه و سلم
    Al-Muslimeen

Quote Originally Posted by ahmed_abdullah View Post
    I don't like the joint family stuff either, better stay separate in separate homes although living in the same street or same city but never in the same house.

Here the death means the person's heart is dead because after doing evil sins the person's heart get blackened and so much blackened causes death so the indication from rasulallah salellahualaihiwasalam to death is that the person's nafs will increase causing the heart to be death in words death.Read surah baqarah about the cow and young man.
    Thats new , Jazakallah Khayr for sharing .

What I've heard from the Ulemah is as one runs away from death so does a woman have to run away from her Bro-in-law .

I

Quote Originally Posted by ahmed_abdullah View Post

brother, please refrain from putting such tafseer of a clear Hadith without references.....how do you know for sure the Hadith is talking about the person's heart being dead!!!???

Quote Originally Posted by neelu View Post
    Can someone edit the OP (or correct me if I'm wrong) but the hadith is about the 'brother in law' not the 'in law'. It's worth pointing out cos' otherwise it sounds misleading as the father in law is mahram.
    the OP is taken directly from the Hadith, anyone who reads the full post will know that the Prophet was talking about the brother in law

the OP is taken directly from the Hadith, anyone who reads the full post will know that the Prophet was talking about the brother in law
    I didn't took anything of my own just said from hearing from uleema.

Here is the meaning of - the in-law is death
    Fatwa

Quote from fatwa:-

As for his saying “the in-law is death”, it means that you are supposed to be very cautious of him as evil is most expected from him. This is because the in-law, contrary to the stranger, can easily approach the lady and violate her privacy, without people blaming him for doing so.
    I just said it in clear words.The fatwa says in a detail words.
    Al-Muslimeen

Thats new , Jazakallah Khayr for sharing .

What I've heard from the Ulemah is as one runs away from death so does a woman have to run away from her Bro-in-law .
    The line you post by the ulemah is correct.
    Al-Muslimeen

Excellent reminder bro.

true most hindus have no concept of purdah, but there are some, particularly high-caste in places like Bihar, where the woman does purdah even from her father-in-law.
    Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Quote Originally Posted by Medievalist View Post
    true most hindus have no concept of purdah, but there are some, particularly high-caste in places like Bihar, where the woman does purdah even from her father-in-law.
    i fell asleep on a train across from a hindu woman once. i thought shed died till i seen the red dot on her head and realised that she was just on stand-by.............

*****education is important but big biceps are importanter*****

*****KAFFIR

ya racist!!
    Rajab is a month of cultivation, Shaban is month of irrigating the fields, and the month of Ramadhan is a month of reaping and harvesting.”

Account Disabled

i dont get it :S

Quote Originally Posted by SILURES View Post
    i fell asleep on a train across from a hindu woman once. i thought shed died till i seen the red dot on her head and realised that she was just on stand-by.............
    Huh

I

stand by like a TV.

is it really racist? if so i apologise.

anyway back on topic.

*****education is important but big biceps are importanter*****

*****KAFFIR

Quote Originally Posted by SILURES View Post
    Lol...

its not just the bil, the same thing about privacy can apply to nephews etc.

and the thing about Hindus in the Mahabarath sharing one wife is true,

so what is the Islamic solution to this problem of the bil being death? (tayyiboon)

♥ a crooked rib ♥ ~TwinklingStar~'s Avatar

In these times its the advent of techonology which has kept them stuck to their evil customs of female infanticide resulting in around 800 women to every 1000 men . An excuse for polyandry .
    Well yes...even in this day and age, polyandrous unions still occur in some parts of India when a woman marries the eldest son in a family...The woman automatically becomes the wife of all his brothers upon her marriage. The brothers can be married to more than one woman if the first woman is sterile or if the age differential of the brothers are high. The wife is shared equally by all brothers and no one in the group has exclusive privilege to the wife. The woman considers all the men in the group her husband and the children recognize them all their father.

But, Hindus are more polygamous than Muslims in india. Despite it being illegal, Hindus have more multiple wives as compared to the Muslims . One can imagine what would have been the percentage of polygamous marriages among the Hindus if the Indian government had made it legal for them.

And, Med - the purdah system was never really an aspect of Hinduism . It only crept in among some sections of the Hindu society because of the Islamic influence during the Mughal rule in India.

Back to the topic :

Yes, relationships between women and their BILs do take place quite a lot in Indian societies (among both Hindus and Muslims ) ...I've read & heard tales of soo many distraught women looking for solutions after getting themselve into a mess because of living in close proximity with their BILs that it does not surprise me any more.

What does surprise me is the fact that sometimes husbands are not ready to believe a word against their family/ brothers - they think their brothers are honourable and can do no wrong and this false notion encourages those brothers to carry on with their evil acts.

Simply disgusting !

The only solution is not to live with any non-mehrems under one roof .

Sure, Islam has protected everyone's rights but simply saying that is useless unless its actually implemeted in practice - but when will Muslims wake up & start implemnting the Shari'ah in their lives ? Judging from the present scenario, it does not seem likely anytime in the near future - Alas !