Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Mustalahul Hadeeth & Hanafi Fiqh Class with Abu Mus'ab Tuesday from 7:30PM GMT (8:30pm BST) skype: ummahradio Show Details here. - And here

Listen Online:www.ummahradio.com
DOWNLOAD THE APP

Ads by Muslim Ad Network

where to order an IMAMAH (3imamah/turban)

It is so unfortunate that here in Saudi Arabia, I looked for a proper Turban but could not find one, not even in Madeenah.....

Does anyone know where I could find one? Even if online so I can order?

You know what I am talking about right? i hope you do..
    "Be A Lamp, A Lifeboat, A Ladder, Help Someone's Soul Heal. Walk Out Of Your House Like A Shepherd" - Rumi

I DONT REPLY 2 PM'S

Re: where to order an IMAMAH (3imamah/turban)

i dunno if they sell ready made ones, most brothers just wear a kufi and wrap a piece of cloth around the kufi
    Jo kaam karta hai tu chup ke jahaan se
    koi dekhta hai tujhe aasmaan se

What kind are you looking for? To wrap like the afghanis or how? You can wrap a kefiyyeh/ shemagh as a turban. I can show you if you like.
    "Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes"

شهيد إن شاء الله

you dont order it bro you make it yourself.

goto a cloth store or a talouring store. buy a length of cloth that is 7 arms length(sunnah length). the thiunner the cloth the easier it is to wrap. however dont but one that too thin that its basicly for show and will be usless if you get cought in a sandstorm. after you buy it either hire somone or sew yourself a seam on all edges of the cloth so that yout tuban cloth is even easier to wrap and the edges dont fray and so that it stays together for a longer period of times and increses the lifespan of it.

and thats basicly it.

you can also get one of 13 arms length as that is also the sunnah.

on al hannah.com you can order an afghan lungie but its abit thick for saudi.
    And the (faithful) slaves of the Most Gracious (Allh) are those who walk on the earth in humility and sedateness, and when the foolish address them (with bad words) they reply back with mild words of gentleness. (25:63)

O You who believe! Shall I guide you to a trade that will save you from a painful torment? (10) That you believe in Allh and His Messenger (Muhammad SAW),and that you strive hard and fight in the Cause of Allh with your wealth and your lives, that will be better for you, if you but know! (11) (If you do so) He will forgive you your sins, and admit you into Gardens under which rivers flow, and pleasant dwellings in Adn (Edn) Paradise; that is indeed the great success. (12)

JazakAllah khair for the duas but i would prefer duas for shahadah instead.

sponsor an orphan

The turbaned beardos that I know buy the long cloth and wrap in around, either criss cross way or straight.

Also some brothers use the square scarves you can buy in the saudi, the red/white ones or the plain white ones......the shemaghs

When I go Pakistan the men leave us women with money to go shopping and the driver whilst they spend 50 million hours shopping for their imamahs and thobe material.....apparently its gotta be the right kinda material/texture/thickness/colour
    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

Revive A Sunnah

The Qur'an Club !!

assalam alukom,
    ok bro,you can do it yourself or ask a brother to help you doing it,or if you know the egyptien one of azhar ,you can get one from there

Quote Originally Posted by RashidD View Post
    What kind are you looking for? To wrap like the afghanis or how? You can wrap a kefiyyeh/ shemagh as a turban. I can show you if you like.
    like the Afghanis....
    "Be A Lamp, A Lifeboat, A Ladder, Help Someone's Soul Heal. Walk Out Of Your House Like A Shepherd" - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by Jenicca View Post
    The turbaned beardos that I know buy the long cloth and wrap in around, either criss cross way or straight.

Also some brothers use the square scarves you can buy in the saudi, the red/white ones or the plain white ones......the shemaghs

When I go Pakistan the men leave us women with money to go shopping and the driver whilst they spend 50 million hours shopping for their imamahs and thobe material.....apparently its gotta be the right kinda material/texture/thickness/colour
    so true, it has to be just the right kind of kapra!
    glass half empty

Pray for Guidance........ Useless_Slave_of_Allah's Avatar

The material i've found to be best for an imama is what's called 'malmal'.

Best go for Sunnah colours, I permanently stick to White. Also Sunnah style is criss-cross.
    U WANNA DIE AS A MUSLIM, BUT U DON'T WANNA LIVE AS ONE ???
    IT IS WISE TO FOLLOW SOMEBODY THAT KNOWS THE WAY........
    ........... THE WAY TO JANNAH IS TO FOLLOW THE SUNNAH.

-- ISLAM ISN'T JUST A RELIGION, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE --

LIFE IS FRAGILE, HANDLE WITH PRAYER.

http://www.hearthijab.com Phoenix CG's Avatar

turbans give you super strenght

Pray for Guidance........ Useless_Slave_of_Allah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix CG View Post
    turbans give you super strenght
    .....and what kinda super strength would that be?
    U WANNA DIE AS A MUSLIM, BUT U DON'T WANNA LIVE AS ONE ???
    IT IS WISE TO FOLLOW SOMEBODY THAT KNOWS THE WAY........
    ........... THE WAY TO JANNAH IS TO FOLLOW THE SUNNAH.

-- ISLAM ISN'T JUST A RELIGION, IT'S A WAY OF LIFE --

LIFE IS FRAGILE, HANDLE WITH PRAYER.

Account Disabled

Quote Originally Posted by tayyiboon View Post
    It is so unfortunate that here in Saudi Arabia, I looked for a proper Turban but could not find one, not even in Madeenah.....

Does anyone know where I could find one? Even if online so I can order?

You know what I am talking about right? i hope you do..
    If you cant find one in SA then you will never find one. Just go knock on the door of one of the Shaykhs. That is what I would do lol

Quote Originally Posted by islam4u2 View Post
    If you cant find one in SA then you will never find one. Just go knock on the door of one of the Shaykhs. That is what I would do lol
    Shaykhs here wear Shimagh/Ghutra not Imamah

Just go knock on the door of one of the Shaykhs. That is what I would do lol
    they arent even that expensive
    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

Revive A Sunnah

The Qur'an Club !!

Lol, as far as i have seen, the amaamah is not common in saudi cities. Maybe moreso amongst the bedoin tribes.

Quote Originally Posted by tayyiboon View Post
    like the Afghanis....
    Ok, that's good. InshaALLAH i can help you...

Ok, terrible diagram - was harder than i thought, but hope you get the general idea.

The first ball is the back view, the second showing the front view. Follow the sequence of wrapping - brown, red, blue, green.

1.) [BACK VIEW] As you can see, one end (the shamla/ tail) is left down (I keep it in between my lips for safe-keeping) and the other is wrapped from a high point coming round on the right-side of the head (brown)

2.) [FRONT VIEW] From the top of the right-side, it is brought downwards as you take it to the left side.

3.) [BACK VIEW] Wrap straight (to hold tail in place) until you reach right side of the head which you then come lower than the first time (i.e. red... It's below brown)

4.) [FRONT VIEW] You can come lower than the first wrap as you come round on the right-side of the head, and as you reach the middle of the head, give a turn upwards (Like a V-shape) so that it comes up higher on the left-side of the head.

** Continue step 3.) and 4.) respectively so you come down as you wrap, on the right-side of the head and upwards on the left-side of the head.

If you need any help, please ask.

http://img691.imageshack.us/img691/2797/amaamah.jpg
    Last edited by RashidD; 20-06-10 at 02:59 PM.